[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the first movie I've ever seen where stand alone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

This is the first movie I've ever seen where stand alone individual clips make the movie look great but piecing them all together gives you a shit fest.
>>
Bravo Snyder!
>>
If I showed someone who has never seen the movie before this clip, they would think this film is a masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58KXLPE7M_s
>>
>>93008430

How many books have you read in your life? I'm curious.
>>
>>93008591
I gotta admit, re-watching this scene after not having seen it since it came out almost makes me want to reevaluate my opinion of the flick. Almost. It's a damn shame really - I know it's been said to death at this point but there's a lot to love in there, but it's packaged with too much garbage to make it worthwhile.
>>
>>93008430
>Wonder Woman's a hit and well liked.
>Uh... uh... quick! Shit on BvS guys!
>Make a thread about it at least every hour today!
Pathetic.
>>
is there any kind of excuse for why superman start pushing and throwing batman instead of just standing and talking or flying him way up into the air?
>>
>>93011447
rewatch the scene from ultimate edition where clark is asking people in gotham what they think of batman.
>>
>>93011447
>>93011818
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TCik5tlh3m8
>>
File: sucker-punch.jpg (638KB, 1000x1426px) Image search: [Google]
sucker-punch.jpg
638KB, 1000x1426px
>>93008430
>stand alone individual clips make the movie look great but piecing them all together gives you a shit fest.
That's just Z-man being Z-man, anon. He does really neat "moments" that look great if you watch them in a trailer; or even if you just watch a few minutes and then skip to the next cool bit.

Image related is probably the most egregious example, but literally every single on of his films suffers from this.
>>
>>93008430
How is this not a /tv/ thread?
>>
>>93011447
To force a fight because the movie is retarded.
>>
>>93012163
Because it's a capeshit thread summerfag.
>>
>>93012163
>batman and superman
>not /co/rrectly placed
Handle your autism, anon.
>>
>>93008591

>Bats lights HIS OWN damn bat signal
>Bruce being a fucking asshole to someone when they're asking for help
>Bruce using remote controlled guns on someone asking for help
>Bruce using an actual handheld gun
>Bruce using kryptonite laced scarecrow gas
>Supes losing it that quickly rather than just shrugging him off and explaining
>Bruce beating the shit out of someone who is clearly incapacitated already

Literally not even Batman at this point.
>>
Anyone else find it funny how Superman was in the right here, but in The Dark Knight Returns Batman was in the right?
>>
>>93012255
This

And somehow Snyderfags will defend it
>>
>>93012353
>And somehow Snyderfags will defend it
The fun bit is watching the /co/ntrarians and /tv/tards that have been pushing this CapeKino meme wrestle with the cognitive dissonance of having DC actually produce a movie that's both critically and commercially a winner ( which goes against their contrarian need to always swim upstream against popular culture ) that is also an obvious feminist icon.
>>
>>93012205
it's not even fucking about batman/superman itself

it's literally describing a phenomenon of film that has to be compared to other films about a filming technique
>>
>>93008430
This video captured it. Snyder is too focused on creating "moments" than a coherent story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Cy_Qlh7VM
>>
>>93012255
>what the fuck is DKR
>>
>>93012888
That's one great video and one hot guy.
>>
>>93008430
Try the extended edition, the one Snyder wanted to make in the first place.
>>
>>93008591
Jesus Henry cavill gives an honestly bad performance as Superman. He is just scowling and his dialogue delivery is so goddamn wooden and lifeless
>>
>>93008430
He's a shit film maker but DAMN can Snyder make a trailer! If I recall, he got his start in music videos, and it really shows. If he was just in charge of visuals, and another director made sure protagonists had motivations and the plot made moderate sense, you'd have a really slick movie.
>>
>>93008591
The special effects are a little shoddy, aren't they?
>>
>>93013570
Um do you understand why Batman fights Superman in the DKR?

To basically fake his own death and give everyone a big middle finger to the establishment basically.
>>
>>93014702
That added little more than bloat to the movie. It smoothed over plotholes that no one cared about, but didn't add context to key parts of the plot. I mean, who gives a fuck that the crippled dude was tricked, or that Clark was investigating Batman more? The cripple guy is only useful for the scenes in the theatrical cut, and Clark investigating Batman doesn't do anything to make Clark a more rounded character. You're pretending it's some amazing rework, but it does very little to enhance the experience at all.

>>93012888
This video does explain things pretty well. Snyder isn't just "a visual director", he's ONLY a visual director. That's why the quality of performances depends almost entirely on the actors involved, because a performance doesn't matter to him as much as making a moment look cool. To compare it to a comic, it would be a comic of nothing but splash pages or fantastical (but not efficient) panel layouts. Style isn't just over substance, it drowns substance out. Style is all consuming.
>>
>>93008591
Having assumed that all the anti-BvS stuff was just company war shitposting, the only parts of that clip that were interesting were Clark saying "if I wanted, you'd be dead already" and Bruce saying "men are brave." Other than that, it was actually surprisingly bad.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.