[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did they try to bring this gimmick to the comics? Has "music"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: TPS.jpg (89KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
TPS.jpg
89KB, 1024x768px
Did they try to bring this gimmick to the comics?

Has "music" ever worked in a comic?

Also, $500+ for a fucking Walkman on eBay. I really want to cosplay MCU Star-Lord.
>>
>>93006533
>get 2x4 plank
>metalic paint
>hollow out a cavity for an MP3 player
>make a prop walkman with mp3player inside
done
>>
File: Grundig Beat Boy 100.jpg (152KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Grundig Beat Boy 100.jpg
152KB, 1200x800px
>>93006533
It wasn't a gimmick in the movies either and that price isn't solely because of the movie, it also happens to be the first(!) Sony Walkman.

There's a bunch of clones/copies made in Japan during that time period, I suggest trying to track those down throw some paint on a Grundig Beat Boy 100 slap some Sony Walkman logos on there and you've got yourself a pretty accurate replica.
>>
>>93006533
I bet if you went to an antique store or some thrift shops you'd have a chance of finding a tape player like that, OP. Worth a shot.
>>
>>93006533
The end of Umbrella Academy: Dallas

It was pretty much the only thing that worked in LOEG: Century

The Ballad short story in Greyshirt: Indigo Sunset

The final issue of King's Omega Men

Young Liars had a pretty awesome recommended playlist
>>
>>93006533
>Did they try to bring this gimmick to the comics?

Yes. I don't mind him referencing music but I don't like that they've crowbarred the tape player in as if he's always had it.

That said, Duggan's had alright song choices so far. I'd be a liar if I said I didn't grin at the notion of the Guardians stealin the Milano to sound of Skynyrd.

>Also, $500+ for a fucking Walkman on eBay. I really want to cosplay MCU Star-Lord.

Get a Zune instead.
>>
The end of Final Crisis when Superman defeats the villain by signing musical notes?
>>
>>93006533
It's practically necessary to listen to KISS while reading a KISS comic.
>>
>>93009661
It's never necessary to either listen to KISS or read their comics. Most doctors actually recommend against doing either.
>>
>>93006533
If you don't want to do this >>93006659 and make a mock-up, your prop doesn't have to actually work. Finding a broken one for cheap shouldn't be hard. You're seeing top-dollar for working vintage models.
>>
>>93006533
>Did they try to bring this gimmick to the comics?
They sure as fuck are trying with beyond lame results.
>>
File: cassette-mp3-player.jpg (49KB, 546x520px) Image search: [Google]
cassette-mp3-player.jpg
49KB, 546x520px
>>93006533
you do know they used to sell a MP3 player modeled after a cassette player at urban outfitters for $48
>>
File: 1452185604630.jpg (22KB, 304x297px) Image search: [Google]
1452185604630.jpg
22KB, 304x297px
>wanting a music player when your phone can do it

why don't you just go old school than fuck and carry the big boombox on your shoulder
>>
File: 1418772300527.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1418772300527.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
>>93011610
>wanting a phone when you never talk to anyone
>>
Watchmen uses it all the damn time. I think every time you hear a song in the movie it's because it was already in the comic.
>>
>>93006533
Just buy a Zune.
You got to be up to date on the Star Lord cosplay.
>>
>https://www.myminifactory.com/object/starlord-s-sony-walkman-26037
holy shit i can just go to my city library which has a 3D printer and make my own fucking walkman
>cost: my ass
>>
>>93011525
>looks cool
>product no longer available
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.