[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just saw this. Why do people shit on this so much? It wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 13

Just saw this. Why do people shit on this so much?

It wasn't great. Hell, it was barely good. But there have definitely been worse Superhero movies as of late (Iron Man 2 and 3, Thor 2, Ant-Man, Avengers 2, etc.)

Can someone explain this?
>>
>>93005332
Discussing quality doesn't even matter with this one.

People wanted it to be a DC movie with the marvel movie formula applied to it from the beginning. Once they found out it wasn't, they went full autism mode.
This started way back with Man of Steel when everyone wanted it to be a carbon copy of any classic superman movie. People were hoping that WB would drop it's serious style after they shouted >not muh superman long enough. But this didn't happen.
>>
Because autists expected the VS in batman versus superman was gonna be "hurrrr all out superhero brawl!!!!"
When it's actually a clashing of ideologies. Vs doesn't mean it has to be physical fights. To be fair though, WB did kinda market it like the entire movie was going to be a fight scene. I enjoyed it and I usually laugh at people who didn't
>>
>>93005332
Because it didn't take into account any error of it predecessor, except by remembering the super huge causality of the first when it should have been never talked about again.
It was still grim dark shit.
>>
>>93005699
Pretty much this.
>>
>>93005332
>Iron Man 2 and 3, Thor 2, Ant-Man, Avengers 2, etc.
Who do you think you're fooling?
>>
>>93005332
>It wasn't great. Hell, it was barely good
You just answered yourself... DC fans wanted it to be great and tear marvel a new one, instead it got beaten by secret life of pets on a quarter of BvS budget
>>
>>93005774
>When it's actually a clashing of ideologies
That's what I wanted it to be but it's really not
>>
>>93005774
>clashing of ideologies
I only saw it once, so maybe I'm just forgetting, but what clashing ideologies?
>>
>>93006344
Did I give you permission to reply to me
>>
>>93005332
Because it could have been better. Fuck, I remember green texts from /co/ that were legitimately better than the movie itself.
>>
>>93006375
>Day VS night
>light VS dark
>God VS man
>City destroyer vs Serial killer
>Depressed emo VS more depressed emo
>>
>>93006375
One side discusses how people with immense power should be kept in check, no matter how much good they believe they are doing. The other. Teetering between superman and batman, don't care and do what they want because they believe it's the right thing to do
>>
>>93005332
Theatrical version was fucking awful and deserves every piece of criticism aimed at it. It fundamentally failed as a movie.
Ultimate Version was awesome and fixed basically every major plot hole.
>>
>>93005332
Because it had potential and was hyped to shit and wound up being garbage.
Doesnt help that /tv/ shitposter and DC shills actually tried to make it seem like it was worth anything.
>>
>>93005699
Its just a plain bad film anon.
I havent enjoyed a mcu film besides GotG1 but BvS wasnt even a decent movie by anybody's expectations.
>>
>>93005332
>Just saw this
Anyone that reads past this point is a shitposter.
>>
>>93005699
>People WANTED to hate it!
>They hate it because it's DIFFERENT!
The same excuses every time.
>>
>>93005774
Hahaha, what? Batman and Superman's ideologies are the same. They're both vigilantes who'll kill people if they think it's necessary. It's black vs. blue, it's black vs. slightly darker black. Then what little conflict they have goes out the window because their mommies have the same name.
>>
>>93007083
>Ultimate Version was awesome and fixed basically every major plot hole.

Stop this meme. The only good thing the Ultimate version did was give Superman a bit more reason to be mad at Batman, which makes it even worse when eventually they forget about it and become besties because of Martha.
>>
>>93005332
>there have definitely been worse Superhero movies as of late (Iron Man 2 and 3, Thor 2, Ant-Man, Avengers 2, etc.)
I'm a huge DCfag and I'd literally rather re-watch any of those movies than have to sit through BvS or even MoS again.
>>
>>93007540
>hahaha
Cringed
>>
>>93005774
Which is completely forgotten after MARTHA!!!!
>>
File: 1489389451580.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1489389451580.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>Just saw this
>Now that the dust has settled
>___ did nothing wrong
>What was his problem?

Come up with an original shitpost, faggot
>>
>>93005332
it's Batman and Superman together on the big screen for the first time
needless to say, the amount of disappointment was proportional
>>
>>93007780
XD simply epic!!! :)
>>
>>93007083
>Ultimate Version was awesome and fixed basically every major plot hole.
Nigga, it didn't provide any change except give Clark Kent a little more screen time. Nothing major. It didn't change the movie in a way like Kingdom of Heaven's director's cut did.
>>
>>93005699
Snyderfags went from
>f-fucking Donnerfags
to
>f-fucking marvelfags

It never stops with the excuses. You know why Wonder Woman was good? Because Snyder was barely involved and for once WB's rewrites didn't fuck up a movie.
>>
>>93005332
they gave lex a shitty haircut and made him talk like the joker.
>>
>>93008182
What joker are you watching bud
>>
>>93005699
>This started way back with Man of Steel when everyone wanted it to be a carbon copy of any classic superman movie

we got that with Superman Returns, and we all know how that turned out

As for OP, people, or rather /co/, can't have a different take on Superman, any argument you get will always be some variation of "not muh". i can't say whether the marvel films you listed were actually worse, so much as mediocre and forgettable, except for IM 2, that was genuinely pretty bad.
>>
>>93005332

This >>93007872

It has nothing to do with Marvel/MCU style.

For example, just consider where Batman and Superman have appeared together - there's the DCAU, in a three parter from Superman The Animated Series that was three episodes and was released as a full length movie on CN and for sale. It's well received, albeit it has problems (not the least of which is taking Lois and Bruce as a serious possibility and making a triangle with Clark; not to mention having Lois learn Bruce identity THIS way as opposed to as Mrs. Superman as in the 2000s canon comics).

Then there was Justice League, which has any number of two and three parters that could serve as a template for what a feature length movie might be like - one good example is For The Man Who Has Everything, which coincidentally features the Trinity and not just Bruce and Clark.

Then there were a number of WB Animated movies, some made by the same DCAU people but not really in the same universe. Most of these are JL movies and none of them really serve as a Bruce/Clark story except for Public Enemy which (while a good story and somewhat decent animated adaptation, notwithstanding in Bruce Boner at the detriment of Captain Atom, among others, is too complicated a story line to consider as a full length Batman/Superman template)

This doesn't even take into account B-TBATB episodes with Clark, or The Batman two parter, or anything else that exists.

Any of those would have been true to the DC canon and considered anywhere from an adequate to good characterization of both Bruce and Clark for a feature film. NONE of them even ape or reflect anything anyone can truly call a purely MCU or Marvel style OR genuinely unique to the MCU and Marvel, as opposed to being a standard writer/screenplay/comic trope.

Both MoS and BvS had a few things true to the above or canon but had far more variances that no one really views as valuable as has been fully validated critically and commercially.
>>
>>93005699
I wanted it to be an actual DC movie. Not some edgelord's shitty Elseworlds.

If anything it's actually much more like an actual Marvel comics movie than the MCU movies are.
>>
>>93008250
>people, or rather /co/, can't have a different take on Superman
Wait. I thought you fags had decided that Snyder's Superman isn't some "different take" and is actually just like the comics? If you're going to come up with a bullshit excuse you should all at least try to be consistent.
>>
File: 1371440959713.jpg (10KB, 280x152px) Image search: [Google]
1371440959713.jpg
10KB, 280x152px
>>93006019
I still don't know if "dark" is the right word though. I think "modern" or "grounded" or "realistic" would come to my mind before "dark", though what you're saying is all very correct and after watching BvS again today, I think I would call that one a dark movie. I think both of them, despite the general consensus that seems to have built up around them, are deeply sincere movies. Snyder has developed a reputation as someone who makes ultra-violent, cynical, dark movies based off of stuff like Dawn of the Dead, 300, and Watchmen, but I think Man of Steel doesn't have that same level of cynicism at it's core, though because it still looks like a Zack Snyder movie, people just kind of carry that over. It doesn't completely redefine who Superman is, it just takes the archetype and places it in a setting very, very reminiscent of our world circa 2013-15, and doesn't treat it's audience like children by making Superman into a cartoon. The problem there is that when people go to comic book movies, a lot of the time they are not looking to connect the world they're watching on screen to where they're currently at, they want to escape. Man of Steel is not a movie for escaping, and nor is BvS. They are very close to home politically speaking (to the point where they definitely hit you over the head with it, i.e. Zod's terrorist message, or the end of MoS with the drone).

Also, the color is definitely not "washed out". Both of Snyder's Superman movies tend to be monochromatic from scene to scene with accent colors (red being the primary one, obvi), but there's a very wide palate, and it's all very sharply shot. Blue scenes are blue, yellow scenes are yellow, sepia scenes are in the past, and so on.
>>
>>93005332
>talking shit about Ant-Man

Come to Baskin Robbins and say that to my face.
>>
>>93007323
You're only speaking for yourself there, it was the best superhero film to a lot of others. Don't believe me, just ask around IRL
>>
>>93005699
>DCniggers believe this

Even after Wonder Woman did so well.
>>
>Batman v.Superman
>The movie where they dont meet until an hour into the film
>The movie where they dont actually fight until two hours in
>Batman v.Superman
>>
>>93008622
>>93005774
>>
>>93008406
Why does making Superman a generally happy guy that likes interacting with people = making him a cartoon in you DCEUfags eyes?

Guess where Superman is in the comics? The modern day. He's not some campy Silver Age constantly smiling cheesy goof-ball and he's also not some mopey sad-sack that is never happy or never talks to people.

Snyder's interpretation isn't "modern" or "grounded" or "realistic". It's just wrong.
>>
>>93008691
>Clashing of ideologues
>In a movie where they only meet 3 times
>The first time is a whole hour into the movie

How fucking underage are you?
>>
>>93008164
It was the entire plot in the african village at the beginning and why the government had a bone to pic with Superman. I wasn't quite clear on what was going on in the theatrical version but it became obvious in the ultimate edition. It also explained the female witness that testified Superman murdered that village (and he motivations for doing so).

It ddin't outright change anything but it smoothed over some of the details of the plot and created a much more focused narrative. Then again, it's possible that the theatrical version left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a slightly better film would feel like a godsend.
>>
>>93008744
Fuck off loser lmao
>>
File: 1371297305773.jpg (11KB, 477x257px) Image search: [Google]
1371297305773.jpg
11KB, 477x257px
>>93008715
>sad-sack that is never happy
Did you not pay attention? He smiles.
>>
>>93008744
And it's not like they actually debated their ideologies in a thought provoking conversation.

Bruce wasn't even aware of the conversation they were having and whom he was having it with the first time. Superman threatened him and flew off the second time. The third time had they fight for contrived reasons only to be resolved by MARTHA.

>>93008784
You have to be 18 to post here son. Maybe then you'll realize how shitty the movie is.
>>
>>93008860
>>93008784
Lmaooo
>>
File: bigbody.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bigbody.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>why do people hate this DC MOVIE when other MARVEL MOVIES are worse????????
>>
It failed to meet just about almost everyone's expectations. Casual moviegoers, film critics, children, grownups fond of Supes and Bats, comic book nerds, average nerds, "geeks", etc. It simply didn't find a big enough ammount of people who liked the film, and the rest had mixed to very negative thoughts on it.

It was simply an odd movie.
>>
I love BvS threads, not because I actually like the movie itself, far from it. It's the anons who talk about it, I've never seen as much autism like this since Scrapper. No matter what criticisms are given towards the film, DCEU fans dismiss it as "these don't count!", "didn't happen!", "not muh!", "not an argument!", etc. All the autistic arguments that have been going on for over a year now make me laugh because they won't give up. It reminds me of Barneyfag.
>>
File: superkissing.jpg (20KB, 608x256px) Image search: [Google]
superkissing.jpg
20KB, 608x256px
A superhuman can cause a ton of destruction, like a nuclear bomb. The Snyder films don't make a cartoony scenario out of that premise. I think that a lot of you are miscasting the conflict here. It's not a question of comedy or tragedy, it's a question of how your story relates to the status quo. I like MoS for the same kind of reason I like, say, Dr. Strangelove or The Mouse That Roared; you can make a funny, light-hearted film about the nuclear bomb, to a greater or lesser degree, and that's totally legitimate. But if you make a movie about how the nuclear bomb solves all our problems and we're better off with it hanging over our heads than not, the problem isn't how cheerful or grim you are, the problem is you're a goddamn liar.
>>
>>93008400
I never said anything about it being just like the comics.I'm not excusing anything, you'll either like his take, hate it, or be indifferent to it. Don't assume one opinion is everyone's, especially on this site.

>>93008406
Snyder would excel without a ratings limit. Wish someone would show him Marshall Law, that comic is completely to his taste

>>93008415
Baskin Robbins a shit. Marble Slab a best
>>
>>93009066
Everyone forgot about Suicide Squad two weeks after it came out. But people are still talking about Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. That's because these movies are interesting, you actually remember them when leaving the theater and you can debate their messages and merits for years. These are all good things.
>>
>>93008803
Stop using fucking straw men.

Smiling doesn't equal happy, and even if it did he literally only does it what? 3-5 times across almost 6 hours and 2 movies?

How many times across MoS and BvS is he genuinely happy? In MoS there's only the first flight scene and the final welcome to the planet part. In BvS it's literally only the bath scene. That's the only time in an entire 3 hour long movie where we see Superman be happy.

Not to mention he literally doesn't talk to a single non-main character as Superman in all of BvS.
>>
>>93009142
People also keep talking about The Room and /tv/ has threads everyday about really shitty movies
>>
>>93009142
>Everyone forgot about Suicide Squad two weeks after it came out.
I suppose the constant OSCARS LELZ NO MARLEL is in my imagination.

>But people are still talking about Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. That's because these movies are interesting, you actually remember them when leaving the theater and you can debate their messages and merits for years.
They're actually kind of subpar, as both superhero movies and "art films". It seems to be mostly shitposters.
>>
>>93005699

The crying started waaaay back when they announced they wouldn't be using the crystal look for Krypton or the Superman '78 theme, they'd ignore the Reeve's movies and start from scratch, with a more serious tone.
>>
>>93009066
it goes both ways dude, i wouldn't call either sides fans because i'm sure it's just trolls on both sides picking on a couple of semi-autistic people on opposing sides.

>>93009022
This is true. I thought Man of Steel was divisive, this film just came and blew everyone out in every direction, often to extremes.

Also, y'all fags need to check the amount of dubs going through this thread
>>
You can have more action than 5 mins in 2 hours, without it being a constant brawl. It's a superhero movie and it blah blah blahs constantly.
That and whiny bitch supes. Though that made Batman kick the shit out of him more satisfying.
Also, shitty Lex.
And way too much red explosions with Doomsday. And Lois was meh too.
Otherwise fine.
>>
>>93009174

There's also the moment when Martha Kent is telling him how he was as a baby, there's also the final scene between Superman and the government guy and the girl says he's hot, there's also the moment he first talks to Jor-El's AI and learns about Krypton etc.

He smiles enough times. Did you want him to act like a retard, like some Marvel characters?
>>
>>93009695
>Did you want him to act like a retard
Yeah, why didn't he stop the criminals that Batman was pursuing before he said "the bat is dead, bury it"? Why did he snap Zod's neck in the direction of the family that Zod was aiming towards?
>>
>>93006441
Is this a irony?
>>
>>93009750

We can sit here all night pointing much larger inconsistencies in all superhero movies if you want. Superman in the """""real world"""" would Never ever ever ever ever fight Bruce unless mind-controlled. Why does Ant-Man keep the strength, speed and weight of a normal human when he goes small in the movies, as explained by Hank Pym, but gets much stronger, slower and can break a plane with his weight when he gets bigger? The whole point of that technology is changing size only, not strength. Why does Thor not use his thunder from the sky everytime when fighting enemies instead of going mano a mano?
>>
>>93009996
>We can sit here all night pointing much larger inconsistencies in all superhero movies if you want.
No, thank you, anon. I'd rather you answer my prior questions please.
>>
>>93008460

Yea, but it's also the worst to a lot of others. What's your point?
>>
>>93009022

Wait, when did you get the license to speak for all those groups? I've been a DC fan for more than 20 years and a movie enthusiast for at least ten and I think both MoS and BvS are very enjoyable, despite portraying new versions of those heroes. My father has been a Superman fan since the Donner movie and he also enjoyed both a lot, although he didn't like Lex Luthor in BvS. My mom, a casual moviegoer, followed the plot points in BvS very easily and enjoyed her time, saying she liked Wonder Woman despite preferring Lynda Carter in the role. Many of my friends who are into Marvel also said they thought MoS was fantastic, specially for showing what a fight between two godlike comic book beings would look like.

Maybe you should get out of your internet echo chamber once in a while.
>>
You know how you can tell BvS was a bad movie?
/co/ is still talking about it.
We only continually talk about things that are bad. Even things that are just mediocre die off after a while.
>>
>>93005332
They can't understand the genius of Zack Snyder.
>>
>>93010335
no, /co/ just talks about things are easy to complain about
>>
File: 1371258721257.jpg (50KB, 1024x567px) Image search: [Google]
1371258721257.jpg
50KB, 1024x567px
I find MoS's Superman far less disturbing than the Donner movies' Superman, because he's deeply uncomfortable with the idea of being a god. The idea that power can express vulnerability and self-doubt, and want to avoid making our decisions for us, is ultimately far more comforting to me than the idea that a farm boy from Kansas is going to unilaterally make things his idea of "all right."

You could argue that any story about morally righteous power is a fantasy -- it's basically what Lex Luthor does in BvS, and that would be cynical. But even then I'd still prefer the story that interrogates itself as a fantasy to one that doesn't.
>>
>>93005332
I shit on it because they turned the DC universe into an "it was a dark and angsty night" emofest.

They turned the DC universe into this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6fpt6P2Ecc

They deserve to be beaten to death with their own kidneys.
>>
>people complain about Superman trashing a sexist bully's truck in MoS
>people love when Superman, after recovering his powers, goes back to a bar to beat two guys who have no chance of fighting back in Superman II
>>
>>93005332
It doesnt help it that it try to fit 3 diferent movies in a single one to rush stuff to get into the cinematic universe.
Alot of the time you are thinking characters are dumb

and alot of motivation and stuff, even if they could be justify, they dont have much backstory or development to really justify it.

Its like the "Martha" thing, alot of people make fun of it, and they dont see the real meaning behind it to make it an interesting idea, and instead we make fun of it, because the movie fail to engage, and people have to put extra effort to justify alot of the movies flaws.
>>
>>93005332
Just saw it yesterday. I actually liked it. I need to download it now to watch it properly since I only saw the second half.

My only problem of it was it went from Dark Knight Returns to Superman: Doomsday.
>>
>>93005332
It was try hard in a bad way

You get this crazy guy who's wants kill a fellow superhero and said hero who everyone hates and is sad at everything because of it

And both are being manipulated by a Joker wannabe
>>
>>93010945
It's one thing to beat up a guy. It's another to destroy his livelihood.
>>
>>93009609
>People are crying because Superman didn't stop terrorists from being killed and being butthurt over sovereignty
>Clark begs Bruce to save someone named Martha without context
>Luthor's "eccentricities"
>Lois throwing the spear in a pool of water and fetching it back herself and drowning

Was it really so bad to have Batman get the spear while the others distract Doomsday? Or have WW get it etc.?
>>
>>93005332
>Ant-Man
>worse
>>
>>93005332
>ant-man
>bad
i take offense at that, i love ant-man
>>
>>93011246
Then don't be a loser who drives a truck
>>
>>93011246
Hahaha you can't be serious what a fucking bullshit complaint
>>
>>93005332
>making a thread just to start Company Wars
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: 291323.jpg (65KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
291323.jpg
65KB, 640x480px
>this is bad
>why does everyone hate it?
??????
>>
>>93010945
Tone matters.
For all the talk about how awesome and superior Snyder' the visuals are you guys don't seem physically capable of acknowledging how tone can impact presentation, reception, and interpretation.

Pretty much the only moment of unimitigated triumph surrounding Superman is his first flight. Just about everything else is put through a lens that's telling the audience to think it's bittersweet at best.
>>
>>93005332
>But there have definitely been worse Superhero movies as of late (Iron Man 2 and 3, Thor 2, Ant-Man, Avengers 2, etc.)

BvS was worse than all of these. BvS was a masterclass in creative incompetence and corporate intervention ruining art.
>>
>>93006485
That's the shallowest fucking reading of ideology I've ever seen. If there even was a coherent ambition behind this movie in the first place (beyond evoking postmodern edgelord aesthetics), that wasn't it. And gimme a fucking break with the oversight bit, that thread got cut the moment the piss jar gag was introduced. Randian absolutism isn't suddenly good because it's literalized instead of subtextual.
>>
File: drinkit.png (470KB, 532x948px) Image search: [Google]
drinkit.png
470KB, 532x948px
>>93015564
Take a sip, bitch!
>>
>>93005332
A certain degree of fanaticism is involved. There is a certain demand for things to be how people want them to be. Personally I liked the movie, hell, I fucking loved it, and, yeah, it's flawed but I still own it. The problem is there are some issues people just couldn't get passed. Whether Doomsday, Martha, Luthor, or a combination of each, just didn't drive home, ruined the movie for them and once you hate a movie you will hate everything about it, even if you know those aspects were good.

Fanboyism dictates so much of why people will forgive a garbage piece of shit over a competent but flawed movie. That's all there is to it. For all the analysis and thought out reviews and detailed breakdowns people make online it will mostly come down to fanaticism. Look at Man of Steel; Superman kills Zod and in the fight people die because that's what happens when Superman fights his better and now he gets blamed for EVERY death and all the destruction in the movie, even the ones the world engine caused, and people online will give you every reason why it's his fault, truth or not.
>>
If a movie like Doc Strange is so-so, then who is disappointed? It's not like he has a huge following.

BVS sets a high bar. Both are extremely popular characters, for the first time in live action together. People have expectations. BVS being so-so is a huge letdown. More people are going to complain about it.
>>
>>93005332
It was boring
>>
I have a question of my interpretation of the "Martha" thing

So... Batman do batman things because parents die, so it was his mission of save people and the city and stuff.

suppodly, a lot of bad stuff happen to this batman, so he fell of grace, and is more of a brutal no question no compasion kind of guy.

He forgot all about that for so many years of suffering and loosing robins and other stuff.

At the moment superman mention Martha, its supposed to trigger his memory, and making him question "WHAT IM I FIGHTING FOR".
Almost as effective as seeing the ghost of her parents after listening the name, and they saying "what have you become bruce"

BUT... like nothing of this really happen in the movie, maybe it was just my dumb mistaken interpretation and Its just out of place martha and a lazy excuse to end the fight.
>>
>>93015663
same. i own it as well. ultimate edition is great. there are better marvel films like iron man, avengers and winter soldier but i find myself rewatching man of steel(which i actually love and think is good movie) and batman v superman way more than those movies. there's just no urge to rewatch marvel movies but for some reason the dc movies are enjoyable rewatches.
>>
>>93016087

Are you retarded? Did you miss the flashbacks after the Martha scene that show Bruce's parents dying once again while he's realizing his mistakes?

Jesus, wasthat moment too smart for both people that hated the movie and people that liked it?
>>
I don't see a bunch of anons constantly whining that "Iron Man 2 was secretly a masterpiece!" or "people didn't want to like Thor from the start, that's why it's not popular!!"

It was a shitty movie, get over it,

It could have been the biggest, both critical and commercial, cape movie of all time, featuring two of the biggest fictional american icons of all time. It could have raped Avengers at the box office if it had been good, or just simply okay. But it wasn't, it was on par with the worst of MCU.
>>
>>93017924

Iron Man 3 and Ang Lee's Hulk are fucking master-pieces and i tell this to anyone. I gave up discussing those movies. Director Cut of Daredevil as well while i'm at it.

Just my two cents.
>>
>>93005332
>Why do people shit on this so much?
Cuz it was shit.
The shit is wrong with you nigger?
>>
>>93005332
>It wasn't great
It was.
>>
File: Manletdestroysworldtradecenter.jpg (438KB, 964x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Manletdestroysworldtradecenter.jpg
438KB, 964x1065px
>>93016016
This. People have different expectations for different movies and characters. MAN OF MURDER became a thing because people don't like the idea of Superman (specifically Superman) killing or being responsible for civilian death, while no one bats an eye when Iron Man flies through buildings and kills human enemies.

No one went into Ant-Man or Dr- Strange thinking they were going to see THE Superhero movie, most people did not know these characters, so they had very few expectations in regards to characterization and theme.
>>
>>93017924
>I don't see a bunch of anons constantly whining that
Alright. So the movie is fine, its the fans you hate. That's a textbook biased opinion.
>>
>>93018008
No the movie was bad and the fans whining about it doesn't magically make it better or worse.
>>
>>93018008
Did you miss the rest of the post?
>>
>>93008406
>>93008715
This is the big differing factor for a lot of people. I define Snyder's take on this, with it focusing on Superman being self-critical and doubting his role, and place in the world. IMHO, that's a perfectly valid interpretation of the character and one that I enjoy seeing explored. Superman is always very confident about being Superman, there isn't too much existential questioning for him much any more because he's fully established both to his self and the world.

However, the big problem with Snyder's take for a lot of people is that confidence and assurance is such a defining part of most mainstream versions and representations of Superman that they don't like seeing it absent at the moment. Perfectly valid point of view.

However even though yes there is color in Snyder's movies, the monochromatic nature in general makes a lot of scenes visually uniform and uninteresting. I feel the eye ought to have some vibrant colors to enjoy in a movie about these spectacular, colorful characters. Let's have things be visually distinct again and bright. Aquaman's got me pumped for this.
>>
>>93005332
Ruined expectations.
>>
>>93005332
> other movie being bad excuses this one for being worse
Then we got the flop that was SS
>>
>>93018055
At least it shows that a poorly cut and edited movie can win something
>>
>>93018033
Did you read the fact that he decided to preface any opinions with how he feels about the fans of the film? Why do that unless your opinion is impacted?
>>
>>93018055

The thing is that SS didn't flop and became a success with edgy teens. My sister love that movie. She can't stop masturbating to fanfics based on Leto's Joker rough-fucking Margot's Harley.
>>
Shani and Thaller best ship.
>>
>>93018055
SS didn't flop, and it was a turn-off-your-brain popcorn eater. Stop being pretentious and enjoy a fun piece of shit.
>>
>>93018107
Well OP compares BVS with those films (bottom of the barrel MCU), so anon makes the comparison that no one is shitting their pants over those movies not being praised, so maybe the Snyder-fags should just get over it and enjoy their shitty movie in peace.
>>
File: image_gallery.jpg (313KB, 641x960px) Image search: [Google]
image_gallery.jpg
313KB, 641x960px
>>93009996
>Why does Ant-Man keep the strength, speed and weight of a normal human when he goes small in the movies, as explained by Hank Pym, but gets much stronger, slower and can break a plane with his weight when he gets bigger? The whole point of that technology is changing size only, not strength.
>>
>>93018159

I only watched SS to masturbate.

I love the costumes and the aesthetic, but the plot was a fucking mess. Jesus Christ. I bet there was a good movie there somewhere, because there's a lot of material that was cut, but the end result was a fucking mess.

Oh, and whoever decided to have a bunch of nameless gooks with google-eyes as enemies should be fired.
>>
>>93018186
Cool, but not canon in the movie universe.
>>
>>93018187
Pacing was pretty much the only problem. I walked out with a smile on my face, because I enjoyed myself. It wasn't a confusing plot, or anything, it just didn't do what it was trying to do in good timing.
>>
>>93018215

I love the first half, until they all go to the city. That's when the movie lost me. I felt watching a long-ass Power Rangers episode. It's just not what i signed up for. I thought i was going to see a gritty and humorous cholo vs cholo movie. Typical Ayer shit. Instead i had Will Smith gunning Rita's goons by the spades.
>>
>>93018038
>However, the big problem with Snyder's take for a lot of people is that confidence and assurance is such a defining part of most mainstream versions and representations of Superman that they don't like seeing it absent at the moment. Perfectly valid point of view.
It is absent for TWO films, and soon to be three. At some point it is not just temporarily absent but entirely permanently absent.
>>
>>93018282

Superman was confident at the end of MoS. He then was stubborn at the beginning of BvS.
>>
>>93018230
I think that the mook maimings were fine as action set pieces, but the main villain's weakness killed any meaning those scenes had.
>>
>>93018317

There was no excitement in seeing the characters mowing down a bunch of faceless monsters, though.
>>
>>93018287

His attitude in BvS is a reflection of people calling him the Man of Murder both in the movie and real life after the events of Man of Steel. He's sad that people think of him as someone who's doing more evil than good by just being there. In the end, he realizes he shouldn't care about that and should do what he believes in, to protect the people he loves, no matter the cost, which is why he sacrifices himself for Lois.
>>
>>93018159
>it was a turn-off-your-brain popcorn eater. Stop being pretentious and enjoy a fun piece of shit.

I wish Op felt the same way about the Marvel movies that made billions from people who enjoyed them
>>
>>93005332
>But there have definitely been worse Superhero movies as of late (Iron Man 2 and 3, Thor 2, Ant-Man, Avengers 2, etc.)

BvS was worse than all of those films on a purely structural level. It was just a poorly constructed film full of piss poor acting and incoherent characters.

Those films were all meh but at least they weren't Phantom Menace tier shitfests.
>>
>>93018321
I'd say there was. It was stupid, violent action. It doesn't need to be Jurassic Park. It can be Jurassic World.
>>
You know what pisses me off about BvS? There's romantic leanings in Superman and Batman interactions. Sure, there was plenty of sexual tension, but that was more akin to prison rape stuff. I'll always be bothered that Steve and Bucky are seeing as THE capeshit gay couple when that should be Superman and Batman.
>>
>>93018368

>and incoherent characters.

That's how i know to ignore you post.
>>
>>93018389
What the fuck are you talking about? There's nothing romantic about being a friend who's pissed at your friend being an idiot. Stop projecting.
>>
>>93018417

There are more romance between Steve and Bucky, than there was between Steve and Sharon. Sharon come off as a beard.
>>
>>93018396
Superman literally has no agency or set character and Batman alternates between being a retard and a genius whenever the plot needs him to be one or the other.

No amount of pretending these problems don't exist will make them go away.
>>
>>93018465

Superman had plenty of agency and a character yes, even for his limited time, and Batman was all around a retard. That was the point.
>>
>>93018438
Yeah, I don't think you know the difference between spending time with people who like you back, and romance. I'm guessing you get friend-zoned a lot?
>>
>>93005332
Cause it's not Marvel and most retards think that I'd the only type of superhero film formula that can be used.
>>
>>93018610
And yet people are praising WW for following the formula
>>
>>93018610
So how come people loved Logan? Why didn't Dr. Strange make billions?
>>
File: 50_cent_driving_off.jpg (70KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
50_cent_driving_off.jpg
70KB, 540x720px
>>93005332
Because it had some incredibly stupid and corny moments while carrying itself with utmost seriousness and trying to be "deep" and "real", and that can be jarring as fuck.
Personally I thought that in itself was entertaining, I probably laughed more at this movie than I laughed with any other cape movie.
>>
>>93016042
And that's exactly it. The movie commits the cardinal sin of being boring. A Snydercuck will chime in with "oh you just want Marvel action!" but thats not it. The story and characters are not engaging at all. The plot is literally all over the place. The movie would be somewhat passable if distracted me from it's mundane story with action but it doesn't.
>>
It appears that I have also seen this movie recently and if my opinion was that it was mediocre during the first half of it, by the end, I

was convinced that it's a bad movie. I've seen the 3 hours long director's cut version.

Why? Well...
Every stories are made of:
-an initial situation which defines the place, the time, the characters...
-a disruptive event/element which ends the initial situation
-what is usually called the conflict where you follow the main characters having to deal with what's happening. (This is not the 3 acts

theory, you can have as many acts as you want in this part).
-an other event which ends the conflict (in this kind of movie, it's a final battle).
-a conclusion with a new stable situation.
>>
>>93019259
The disruptive event of BvS happened after 1h and 15 minutes! It's when Batman meets Superman who stop his chase and threatens him.
What happends before is a chore to watch because there's no momentum, the scenes follow one another without any intent (appart from

chronology).
You know what the movie wants to tell you there:
-Batman has turn bad, he ressents and is distrustful toward Superman, and tries to get the means to hurt him.
-Superman despite his heroic accomplishments is a disputed figure and he doesn't like it. He's learned about Batman's actions and thinks

he's a danger. And he's in love with Lois Lane.
-Lex Luthor has some machination on the way which includes Batman and Superman. And he obviously knows their secret identity.

But the movie is really bad at telling this. Just look at how the movie linked up the gala about books with a montage of Superman saving

people (with an elevating music) and journalists/politics and others being critical on tv.
This montage exists because the idea that Superman is a disputed figure despite saving people is important. Especially because you don't

really feel the disputed thing in the whole movie.
Beyond the montage not being very good in itself, why is it placed after the gala? What's the director's intent? I don't know. It needed to

happen and they thought here was as good a place as any other.
>>
>>93019273
The worst is I'm pretty sure the scenarists and the director didn't even realize that this first confrontation between Batman and Superman was the disrupting event. You have to wait for this event of the movie to gain a bit of momentum, for some smoothness in the sequence of scenes that follows. If they knew, they wouldn't have Superman stops unknowingly Batman while he's trying to get the mean to kill him.
In fact, a bettter introduction wouldn't have included any actions from Batman toward hurting Superman. Batman would ressent Superman and be wary of him but continues his cruel justice. It's when Superman stops him following some criminal organisation because he knows that Batman's brand is a death sentence and threatens him that Batman would act an start trying to kill Superman. And all thoses scenes would happen after the disrupting event.

The actions scenes are mostly bad.
The car chase part and all the damages done and taken by the batmobile are there to show how resistant the vehicule is and contrast with how easily superman destroys it. Except it's so over the top it's ludicrous. I mean, destroying a boat! Seriously? 2 or 3 walls weren't enough? And let's not even talk how you can have Batman comes back ot its roots after being such a killing machine.
The only hand to hand fight which works is the warehouse fight when he's surrounded. In the dream/alternative futur sequence, the choregraphy is really bad, you can see the guys waiting to be hitted.
>>
>>93019290
The Batman vs Superman fight is just devoid of any choregraphy. Yeah, Batman is good at planning but beyond that... And the end with the montage of past events where the production thought the spectators were so stupid that they needed to see those scenes again to understand what's happening on the screen and in Bruce's mind. And it still doesn't work...
There's nothing really to say about the Doomsday fight the ugly cgi speak for themselves. And the passage where Batman, Superman and Wonder woman casually talk feels so out of place, you can feel the actor being on set sprouting theirs lines in front of a green background.

The dream sequence is there to show us what would happen in a futur where Superman turned bad (Darseid is their in some manner according to the omega symbol on the ground). And also introduced the Flash trying to warn Bruce. Except it serves no purpose in the movie. It has no impact on what Batman does. They could have Bruce realized something, remembered this dream and stopped himself during the his fight with Superman, but hey...

The whole sequence with usb key and Wonder Woman discovering the existence of meta-humans is at the worst place possible as it kills the flow of Superman confronting Lex and then confronting Batman. And it's just a bad idea and silly idea (everyone symbols in the file, seriously?). It's as if Lex himself was at the origin of the Justice League.
>>
>>93019297
Doomsday's very existence isn't motivated. Like Lex make sure that Batman get the means to kill Superman and at the same time create Doomsday? What's the plan if Batman succeded? And what's the plan if Doomsday succeded in killing Superman without dying itself? Because Lex had the kryptonite but decided Batman was better qualified to use it effectivelly. What would he have done against Doomsday?

The prison scene with Batman and Lex is also ludicrous and misplaces in the middle of the funeral (is it supposed to be a flashback, because nothing says so). Also Batman is a magician that can make people disappear at will for some reason...

And last but not least, for a movie where the superheros are so influenced by their parents, why those parents are so shitty?
Batman's father is an idiot who starts a fist fight with a guy with a gun rather than surrender his wallet. He's responsible for what happends to his wife, his kid and himself.
And I'm not very familiar with Superman but is Clark supposed to be a good guy because of the support of his parents or despite their dickiness? His father wasn't a very good guy in MoS but he manages to be worst as a dream in BvS. And his mother telling him to help people or don't because he doesn't owe them anything, is this the new way to say: "I'll support you wathever you do because you're a good person"?

Also, the music just doesn't work. Wonder Woman theme is plainly bad. It's quite interesting to see Hans Zimmer phoning it in while the score for the 3 Nolan's Batman was a big part of the atmopshere of those movies.

Ps: sorry for the cut sentences in the first posts.
>>
>>93019189
Eh, I found it mildly amusing due to how incredibly strange some of the choices Snyder/WB made.

It was boring, but it got a few unintended laughs from me.
>>
>>93019259
>Every stories are made of:
>-an initial situation which defines the place, the time, the characters...
>-a disruptive event/element which ends the initial situation
>-what is usually called the conflict where you follow the main characters having to deal with what's happening. (This is not the 3 acts
>theory, you can have as many acts as you want in this part).
>-an other event which ends the conflict (in this kind of movie, it's a final battle).
>-a conclusion with a new stable situation.

lol why don't you read Poetics or something for starters
>>
>>93005332
I downloaded the Ultimate edition after watching Wonder Woman.

It was great. 3 hours really fleshed out the plot.
>>
Too many moments where characters have to act stupid to justify a stupid conflict.
Clark can't be personable because the movie has to beat the dead horse of PEOPLE SEE GOD
Bruce can't be smart because then he finds out the very poorly hidden secret of Clark having a secret identity.
Clark has to think Bruce is a problem, but only just enough so that he issues empty threats and gets into a dick waving contest. Not enough so that he actually STOPS Bruce in his tracks an while we still have an hour and a half of movie to slog through.
Lex has to be a puppet master manipulating everyone, but can't cover his tracks because then Lois has nothing to do.

The movie keeps saying everyone is firing at all cylinders but then when you question it the only answer I ever get is "They WANT to act stupid! You just don't get it!"
>>
>>93005332
>It wasn't great. Hell, it was barely good.
False. It was the greatest movie of all time. Keep watching it until you get it.

>>93005699
This.
>>
>>93018824
Cause Logan is actually a good film and not just a good comic film. Dr Strange was garbage. Plenty of Marvel stuff is good/great (Winter Soldier is a goat film), but films like MoS get shit on because they're not Marvel while some films like original Cap and Thor which are bad movies get the "MUH mcu" pass.
>>
>>93017852
no, but thats what im saying.
I have not seeing the movie since it came out on teathers.

But like you said "the flashback" imply that... but at the same time, are we supposed to think this batman lost his way? even if we never got to know this version of batman?

because alot of people miss the point, and think that batman forgive superman just because the moms share the name.

and why you people jump to be agressive in their answers. you could have took away the "are you retarded?" part of your comment, and you would have made your point.

You dont know how many times I saw the movie and when, so you could have assumed that I forgot scenes, that I wasnt paying attention, anything, but noooo, because here people is edgy and superior you jump directly to "are you retarded".
>>
>>93017994
maybe it isnt like "people dying is bad"....
But people see him as "he doesnt care" for the inocent people
except when killing zod, where he scream and cry.
and then forget about it.
>>
>>93019864
>Cause Logan is actually a good film and not just a good comic film. Dr Strange was garbage
That's my fucking point. Normal people don't care about companies, they just want good movies. BVS being shat on isn't some conspiracy.

> Cap and Thor which are bad movies get the "MUH mcu" pass.
At best people say they liked those movies, not that they are underappreciated masterpieces. Audiences have a much easier time giving some nobody like Strange a pass, whereas Superman meeting Batman in a sub-par movie that didn't live up to its own hype, leads to massive disappointment,
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.