[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Throws a bitch-fit over Robin slightly criticizing her control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

>Throws a bitch-fit over Robin slightly criticizing her control over her powers
>Thinks Beast Boy lied to her and told Robin about it instead of the possibility that Robin has basic perceptive skills
>Disarms titan tower and leaves all of Beast Boy's friends for dead and doesn't understand why Beast Boy would be pissed
>Reacts to above by attempting to murder all of them
>Helps Slade kill and displace thousands of civilians
>Only leaves Slade when he starts beating her shit, not out of any moral conviction
>Sacrifices her life to stop volcanic eruption which she started anyway, thus apparently redeeming all the above

So why exactly are we supposed to feel sympathetic for this bint?
>>
Idk, she gets me rock hard though
>>
>>93003899

this, one of my first crushes as a kid and definitely the first /co/ related one.
>>
>>93003899
FLINTSTOOOOONE
>>
>>93003841
Yeah but she was cute so it don't matter.
>>
>>93003841
Yeah, I don't get it either. Everyone's all "2003 Terra was so sympathetic", but honestly, she seems like a whiny little shit.
>>
File: Raven_Earth-Teen_Titans_004.jpg (18KB, 451x332px) Image search: [Google]
Raven_Earth-Teen_Titans_004.jpg
18KB, 451x332px
>>93004025
>can't control her powers
>suppresses her emotions daily
>lives with the knowledge that someday she'll unleash Satan upon everyone
>still manages to be better adjusted than Terra
>>
>>93004083
Also
>Isn't a stick
Them thighs
>>
File: 1495006288640.jpg (178KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
1495006288640.jpg
178KB, 525x700px
>>93003841
Still the best titan, I hope we'll get more of her one day.
>>
>>93003841
Terra was a bit of a fuck. Shame BB never got to smash though.
>>
File: Things_Change.png (502KB, 700x524px) Image search: [Google]
Things_Change.png
502KB, 700x524px
>>93003841
Did she made the right decision dumping Beast Boy again?
What was even her motive? People without super powers can't be friends of heroes?
Probably she just didn't remember anything.
>>
>>93003841
Well, if you're comapring her to her comics counterpart, then yes, she's great.

But that's only because comics Terra was just that awful.
>>
>>93003995
Compared to her comic version,she was very sympathetic.
>>93004335
She'll be back in the comics soon.
>>93004658
I think she remembered everything but decided to stay away out of guilt. People criticize the ending but sometimes things don't work out and you have to move on.
>>
>>93004658
I thinks it's more likely that she didn't want to remember anything. She wanted to to leave her old life behind and live a normal. She had shit control over her powers, she joined up with a psychopath, tried to murder people she once called friends, and lead a campaign of bloodshed and terror throughout Jump City. If I were here I wouldn't want to remember that shit either, and would cling to any opportunity to live a normal life.
Slade told Beast Boy plainly. "she doesn't want to see you anymore".
>>
>>93004335
cutest shingeki
>>
>>93004658

Pretty sure it was basically "I got out of the thug life, I ain't gettin dragged back in."
>>
>>93003841
Wasn't she a complete manipulative monster in the comics?
>>
>>93007664
>wasn't she a complete manipulative monster in the comics?
No, in fact comic Terra didn't really do anything wrong.
>>
>>93007664
Yes but it doesn't make cartoon Terra not shit
>>
>>93007993
Anon...
>>
>>93007993
Quit thinking with your dick
>>
oh god i love her so much ;_; just looking at a pic of her stirs up my childhood love.

cartoons really taught me to only love cute girls who are emotionally disturbed and are capable of lashing out with incredible vindictive force
>>
Spinoff when?
>>
>>93003841
Because she was misguided, remember theyre teen titans not the well adjusted adult avengers.
>>
>>93008447
>>93010256
But guys, had Terra killed all the TItans, the cartoon wouldn't exist and Cyborg wouldn't be on the League!
>>
>>93003841

It wasn't her fault, she never had a chance and thus never got to be the person she wanted to be.
>>
>>93003899
FPBP
>>
So who was in the wrong? Robin or Beast Boy?
>>
>>93003957
underrated
>>
>>93004928
>Compared to her comic version,she was very sympathetic.

Cleared the high bar on that one, didn't she?
>>
>>93012710
Neither, Terra was just being a whiny twat.
>>
>>93011144
autism
>>
>>93003841
I can only assume there's some offscreen trauma where she trusted someone, they broke the trust and all this shit got started. She's a teenager and at the age where she'd more easily recognize the problems in others, or worse, see problems in others than do some introspection on herself. So she paints the Titans up as colossal assholes who can't possibly understand the shit she's going through and need to be taken down a peg. Slade probably told her whatever she needed to hear to win her over and then set her loose.

As intended Terra was--at least as far as the show goes-- just a case example of how not everyone has the chops to actually be a hero, even if they have powers. Not everyone would end up as a competent Robin or a Starfire, not all the potential Ravens will rise above their origins and maintain heroism nor would every Cyborg make the most of their situations.

She's one of the ones who makes a stupid decision that spirals out of control, makes even dumber decisions, and pays a price for it. Even if she really remembers everything and is faking being a different person now, she's still got to live with the shit she pulled, knowing that she wasn't a good person.
>>
>>93014218
Woah
>>
>>93012710
In that particular instance, no one.

Robin was a dick to Beast Boy fairly often, though, as I recall. The Beast Within in particular.
>>
>>93014360
I mean, he is the leader, you gotta put people in line when shit gets serious,especially Beast Boy
>>
>>93011183
Never
>>
>>93004335
cute!
>>
>>93005039
Even if she chose to forget, it's not like her victims have forgotten.
>>
>>93014218
/thread
>>
>>93011183
Maybe in 10 years.
>>
>>93014360
>>93014470
You could also factor in that while Robin was adopted as the Boy Wonder, Beast Boy had a more successful career with a full family. Beast Boy was basically a less tragic Robin and what with Robin's detective skills, he probably knows and might slightly resent BB for it.
>>
>>93003841
>Wwwaaaaaahhhhh having super-powers sucks!

FUCK YOU, LADY.

Seriously, fuck any character that pulls this. Even when I was a kid, I was all like "gosh, I wish having super powers was a problem I had in life."
>>
>>93018443
As a kid, I really wanted an episode exploring Beast Boy and Robin's dynamic. They were the only two titans who didn't really have a fleshed-out relationship.
>>
>>93008447
>>93010256
It's true tho, if you look and break down the judas contract you'll see that Terra really didn't do anything wrong.
>>
>>93018443
>Beast Boy was basically a less tragic Robin.
Beast boy actually has way more of a tragic background the Robin.
>>
>>93019219
This. Robin and Beast Boy are to blame
>>
>>93019323
Actually Raven is the one we should be blaming.
>Knew that Terra was a mole.
>said nothing.
>>
>>93019409
Nice fivehead
>>
>>93019139
Yeah fuck that trope
>>
>>93018443
>Beast Boy had a more successful career with a full family.
I would say growing up with the doom patrol is lot worse than growing up with Batman. Beast boy's time with them was basically him being a child soldier that was constantly being sent into suicide missions.
>>
>>93019139
This
>>
>>93019139
I dunno, man, it really depends on the powers and context.

There's that kid from Ultimate X-men who had to be fucking put down because his powers were literally "Make people explode" with no control whatsoever.

If Terra started off with zero control over her powers, then just having a nightmare in her sleep or being scared could cause a goddang landslide; you have one bad day and BOOM, you just buried your house in a giant pile of rubble. There goes your room, all your stuff, *your family*...

It's one thing to bitch about being 'cursed' with powers when you're being an emo git over...I dunno, the ability to fly or run super fast or any power you've got an innate mastery over. It's another thing entirely when you have unstable powers that hurt everyone around you or hurt yourself, or innocuous powers that still make The Man want to come down on you over, and here you are just an innocent kid who wants to play video games or whatever, minding your own business when society turns on you.
>>
>>93020203
I wonder how Slade made her control her powers better, did he make her embrace being edgy?
>>
>>93020896
Probably just training.
>>
>>93003899
>>93003957
You anons are the glue that keep me in this hell
>>
>>93018443
Beast Boy had a more tragic background, but the goofy personality makes it easy to forget.
>>
File: family.png (878KB, 1280x1422px) Image search: [Google]
family.png
878KB, 1280x1422px
>>93021589
Did he train her the same way he trained Robin?
>>
File: 1495007900367.jpg (92KB, 1059x754px) Image search: [Google]
1495007900367.jpg
92KB, 1059x754px
>>93003841
Best hero and best villain in the same character.
>>
>>93004658
She definitely remembered, but wanted to leave the superpowered life after all the shit she did, even if it meant dumping Beast Boy. If he hadn't been so dead set on her admitting she was Terra, it might have worked.
>>
File: D5mLt.jpg (13KB, 255x300px) Image search: [Google]
D5mLt.jpg
13KB, 255x300px
>>93003841
Holy hell, it makes sense. Terra grew up to be Mirage, who's also a traitorous twat who gets off scot-free, despite participating in dozens of murders.
>>
>>93023291
But Anon, it's okay because she felt bad about those kids almost dying and got angry Syndrome was going to let Bob break her neck.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.