[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wonder Woman by John Byrne Part 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 88

The continuing adventures of Johnny Redbeard!

Previous part:
>>92958142
>>
>>
>>
>>93003462
Y'know, I don't think I like Bryne's pencils. It just looks really weird.
>>
>>
>>93003487
That seemed, rather unnecessary.
>>
>>93003541
It's because he's inking himself now.
>>
>>93003587
Yeah, could've given the poor woman a damn heart attack or something.
>>
Does anyone mind if I share a dumb "If I were writer..." idea? I'd prefer to ask instead of inflicting my shitty fanfic without consent.
>>
>>
>>93003587
Eighties DC, you will believe a man can fly, everyone else won't.
>>
This is one of the worst issues, when Diana's fighting the golem thing the dialogue reads like a bad Silver Age comic.

Byrne just didn't give a shit writing this one.
>>
>>93003655
Sure. We're here to mock.
>>
>>93003655
Lets hear it.
>>
>>93003655
It's fine, go ahead Anon
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>KLONK
>>
>>93003698
>>93003712
>>93003717
Right, so you know Osira, the Egyptian themed alien who wants to create a utopia through mind control? Well, I had a thought about how to reintroduce both her and Cassie.

Basically, since I'm a huge Stargate-fag, everything about Osira screams Goa'uld to me. So the idea would be to have her be a similar type of alien parasite, and she would be locked up in a pyramid, eventually discovered by Professor Sandsmark. Osira takes over the professor's mind and body, and Cassie becomes Diana's sidekick in the hopes they can find a way to save her mom from Osira's control.

Yeah, I know, it's a straight ripoff of Stargate, but I have zero shame, so whatever.
>>
>>93003396
>Byrne

Does this meet his quota for inserting weird fetishes?
>>
>>
Well that's just lovely
>>
>>93003970
Well, he did replace the usual young wonder woman fangirl with one of his own OC's if that counts
>>
>>93003970
There is a young girl, but I don't remember if Byrne does anything weird with her...
>>
>>93003968
There's actually something mildly similar to that in the Lansinarian arc coming up, but of course the idea is wasted.
>>
>>
I'm actually really annoyed they never call it "Talos".
>>
That reminds me, in the other thread someone brought up the whole Byrne vs Kirby thing.

There was an interview in the mid-80's where Kirby was asked if there were any modern comics artists he liked.

>PITTS: Are there any of today’s artists that you’re particularly impressed by?

>KIRBY: Well, I’m impressed with the character of Frank Miller, who I feel is a very gutsy and intelligent guy. Frankly, I’m biased in that direction because he seems to feel that I’m right in my demands from Marvel. He sympathizes. He feels that in some way maybe I’ve helped him to make a better deal.

>PITTS: What do you think of Byrne?

>KIRBY: Byrne, I… I feel that any man that tries, any man that comes out with something we like, is a good man. A man doesn’t have to be Leonardo Da Vinci to be sincere. Everybody can draw, in my estimation. If you give a man 50 years, he’ll come up with the Mona Lisa.

http://kirbymuseum.org/blogs/effect/2012/08/06/19867-kirby-interview/
>>
>>
>>93004087
Fuck is a Lansinarian?
>google
>the aliens who gave Diana the morphing disk
Hype! I think? What do you mean by the idea being wasted?
>>
>>
>>93004201
Interesting. Thanks for sharing, Anon
>>
>>93004232
Cuz it's like a kinda lame two issue arc focused more on Cave Carson than Diana, and the idea of the Egyptian deities never gets explored in the series again.

It's rife for exploration and Byrne just lets it go.

The morphing disk is my jam, though.
>>
>>
Now this is one character Byrne clearly digs
>>
>>
>>
>>
Sorry if I'm not too chatty, I'm collecting some comics for a friend who wants to get into the hobby
>>
>>
>>93004544
What's in your sample pack if I might ask?
>>
>>
>>93004464
>this pose
Maybe she's born with it... Maybe it's Maybelline!
>>
>>93004578
She really likes animals btw

Scott Pilgrim in color (she already read it in B/W, this is more of an optional one)
Seconds
Lost at Sea
Pride of Baghdad
Beasts of Burden
Blacksad
Blacksad - A Silent Hell
Blacksad - Amarillo
WE3
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
This will surely end well
>>
Toldja
>>
lol
>>
>>
>>
I just realized something about the movie costume. I really like the gloves. They make so much sense, since wearing metal bracers against bare skin is actually kind of fucking stupid.
Plus, gloves are just cool.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Having watched the movie recently, man is that no man's land scene good.
>>
>>
That last panel looks odd, like Byrne didn't draw it or something
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Underage booty, take a shot
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>93006956
What the fuck even is this page.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Vandal looks like he doesn't even give a shit
>>
>>
>>
>>
I do like how Byrne draws armors
>>
>>
>>
>>
Go play a video game or something, Vandal, Jesus, no need to get into this weird kinky shit
>>
That's all for me for now, see y'all tomorrow
>>
>>93007339
Sure, it's very comic book-y and distinctive.

Thanks again, OP.
>>
>>93007556
Night. Hope your friend likes your comics!
>>
>>93003806
what
>>
wonder bump
>>
>>93007556
I miss that Diana. That''s really an authority figure.
>>
>>93010557
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.