[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Hulk lean more towards "Frankenstein's Monster"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: hulk.jpg (416KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
hulk.jpg
416KB, 1440x900px
Does Hulk lean more towards "Frankenstein's Monster" or "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde"?
>>
>>93001450
Why would he be Frankenstien's Monster?
>>
>>93001450
HES GOTTA GUN
>>
File: 1439296686232.jpg (91KB, 518x800px) Image search: [Google]
1439296686232.jpg
91KB, 518x800px
>>93001450
Depends on the writer
But I prefer the Jekyll and Hyde approach
>>
>>93001450
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
>>
Definitely Jekyll and Hyde.

But in latter comics like PAD's run it's less "good smart guy, big dumb guy" and more just multiple personalities.
>>
>>93001450
Frankenstein's Monster is about a man hunting down the creature he created and die in the attempt, bringing both much suffering along the way
Jekyll and Hyde is about a man's struggle within himself against his own demon manifested

Hulk leans the latter
>>
>>93001450
Whichever lets him speak coherently instead of "HULK SMASH."
>>
>>93001725
Are you suggesting Hulk and Banner aren't trying to kill each other?
>>
>>93001511
BLAM BLAM
>>
>>93004181
Banner doesn't literally chase after the Hulk out of vengeance and resentment.
The fact they share the same body is definitive Jekyll and Hyde
>>
Obviously Jekyll and Hyde you stupid asshole. He's not dead is he? So no. He's a guy who turns into a violent scary guy.
>>
I guess you could have Hulk take on that sort of monster hunted by his creator angle in his dynamic with General Ross. Ross is responsible for spearheading the project that ended up creating the hulk and now hunts him to the ends of the earth.

But even then it is still Jekyll and Hyde when it comes to Banner and Hulk
>>
>>93001450
Hulk himself is more like Frankenstein's creation, in that he's a powerful monster that mostly just wants to be left alone.

His relationship with Bruce Banner is very much like Jekyll and Hyde's, though.
>>
>>93001450
>>93001484
Stan Lee explicitly said the concept of the character was to combine those two things into one. It's basically Dr. Jekyll if he turned into Frankenstein's Monster instead of Mr. Hyde.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.