[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Superman is just a boring character, I prefer Batman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0053.jpg (246KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0053.jpg
246KB, 1920x1080px
>"Superman is just a boring character, I prefer Batman because he's very relatable, he's just like one of us, you know?"
>>
Is it physically impossible for superautists to go one day without getting triggered
>>
>>93000320
That's a true statement, you just got easily triggered by OP's bait.
>>
>>93000206
They're both relatable. If you can't relate with either then you're probably the type of guy who'd be brought down by one of them.
>>
>You can't relate to a character if they're from a different race

Americans say stuff like that so don't take them too seriously
>>
>>93000320
I don't know man you seem to be the triggered one here.
>>
>>93000206
Not even a Superfag, but I had someone tell me this before and it made me kek.
>>
>>93000552
>Americans
Jealous much?
>>
>>93000206
People don't like him because he's relatable. People like him because he's cool.
>>
>>93000320
This is true
>>
>>93000320
>>93000852
Like fucking clockwork. You also forgot your picture.
>>
>>93000881
Is it just me or does that alien look like an African American?
>>
>>93000789

>Batman is obviously much cooler, but that’s because he’s a very energetic and adolescent fantasy character: a handsome billionaire playboy in black leather with a butler at this beck and call, better cars and gadgetry than James Bond, a horde of fetish femme fatales baying around his heels and no boss. That guy’s Superman day and night.
>Superman grew up baling hay on a farm. He goes to work, for a boss, in an office. He pines after a hard–working gal. Only when he tears off his shirt does that heroic, ideal inner self come to life. That’s actually a much more adult fantasy than the one Batman’s peddling but it also makes Superman a little harder to sell. He’s much more of a working class superhero.
>>
>>93000994
>muh fantasies
>only sophisticated adults like Superman
This is really dumb. Fact is: if you've got taste you'll like both characters. You don't need to like them as some sort of power fantasy.
>>
>>93000206
casuals are stupid and only relate to Bruce because he's a human being albeit a paranoid psychotic one.
>>
>>93000994
I really have a hard time imagining anybody engaging in these kinds of power fantasies, especially the Batman one. Who the fuck would want to be Bruce Wayne? Does everyone just ignore the fact that he's a traumatized orphan with issues right out the ass? Do they really look at the events and characters in his stories and reduce them down to such a base level? And it's the same with people who make these kinds of analyses, ignoring any content or context to just reduce these characters and their lives to broad strokes and then say how they're living lives that everybody wants to live, that they're essentially hollow vessels, vehicles for self-insert. Like that's the only way anybody could enjoy these stories.

It reminds of that guy who said She-Hulk was invented just so Hulk self-inserters could imagine giving her their incredible cock.
>>
>>93001784

Bruce Wayne is a gangsta. Kids wanna be 'badass' like him.
>>
>>93000206
>Expert in most known forms of martial arts.
Isn't that kind of pointless?
>>
>>93002050
WAIT A MINUTE
>most
They nerfed Batman AGAIN? Are you kidding me?
>>
>>93002050
He's a streetlevel hero at best despite everything he's capable of pulling out of his ass.
>>
>>93002149

Literally dodges Omega beams from Darkseid, familia. The last time he was streetlevel it was 1959 or something.
>>
>>93002203
Can he actually beat Darkseid, tho?
>>
>>93002268
He can and he has.
>>
>>93000206
We call him Batgod because of his plot armor, not because of his wide skillset of things possible to attain in real life (unlike squatting solar systems).
>>
>>93000994
Clark could stop working at any time, he goes into the office completely voluntarily because he genuinely loves his job.
Bruce is miserable whenever he is being Bruce but has to keep up appearances, but longs to go escape at night.
One of those is much more relatable to the vast majority of people.
>>
>>93000206
>not being a billionaire who can do whatever he wants

u r literally pleb
>>
>>93000994
>teen fantasy = inmature
>adult fantasy = mature

really? Thats the argument?
>>
>>93002331

Batman could have been better as an idea.

Like what if Batman, instead of being Bruce Wayne forever, died and the title passed on to loads of different characters each with their own methods.

That's the problem with long serialised comic series, they can never break out of the status quo. Even if they killed Bruce Wayne now, he'd be back.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.