[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wanted to read this for Chiang >he is there once every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: RCO001.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO001.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>wanted to read this for Chiang
>he is there once every blue moon

I really hate the switching of artists in comic series.

Aside from that, my biggest issue is I can't really seem to care much about the story or characters. I enjoyed the gimmicky "updated version of this god" with every new character, but it gets old. I'm at issue 16. Should i stop or does it get more interesting? Does the baby's role turn out to be interesting in any way? I bet it's Zeus, and if it is I'll just be bored again.

Anyway, opinions on this run I guess. Did you like it?
>>
I stopped with the #0 issue for basically the same reason. It was just kind of dragging and not that interesting. I guess it wasn't bad though.
>>
I'd say keep going, it definitely got better as it went. Re-reading it a lot of the first half is boring or even cringe-inducing in some spots, but the latter half a lot more seems to happen faster.

Wondie is totally OOC half the time and Azz's arrogant attitude towards her history is fucking annoying as shit, but halfway through he seems to at least TRY to address the complaints and possibly actually read a Wonder Woman comic.
>>
>>93000098
So how faithful to her character or universe would you say it is? I'm a newbie at WW so asking for curiosity's sake.

>>93000065
Weirdly enough the issue 0 with her young self having a self contained adventure reminded me how much I love super heroes in that format. the decompressed story telling thing with adventures spanning tons of issues is really boring as fuck to me. And I see there's 52 issues total. Don't think i'll go that far.
>>
>>93000098
>Wondie is totally OOC half the time
Hello casual.
>>
>>93000231
>Weirdly enough the issue 0 with her young self having a self contained adventure reminded me how much I love super heroes in that format. the decompressed story telling thing with adventures spanning tons of issues is really boring as fuck to me.

I think that's what did it for me too. Made me realize that I was just wasting my time on something that I wasn't enthusiastic about. And I was buying the issues too so it was kind of wasting money. Not really worth it so I stopped.

>And I see there's 52 issues total. Don't think i'll go that far.

Azz and Chiang don't do the whole book. I think they leave around 35.
>>
>>93000003
>I can't really seem to care much about the story or characters
Welcome to Azzarello's comics.
>>
>>93000443
It's a shame cause I would definitely buy a collection of all the covers. That dude is great, and probably the argument for the book.

I'll try to stick around for issue 35. Right now she's at Demeter's and I can't bring myself to really care. i think the whole baby thing and the huge cave man are my only reasons.

Is it me or WW is boring as fuck? As a super hero I mean. As a person. And I enjoy Superman who is generlaly seen as very boring by people.
>>
>>93000231
In terms of her mythos, it totally throws everything out. The Amazons are a complete bastardization. But that's the only part that's actually insulting or counter to her history instead of just disregarding it.

As for her character she tends to act aggressively or vengefully a lot of the time, which is quite counter to her character, especially early on. She's not a total meathead like in Kingdom Come or how some idiot writers portray her but she's supposed to be the hero that prioritizes non-violence above all else.

Azz's run only goes up to issue 35, so you're already halfway there. The run that follows it is simply put the worst Wonder Woman run of all time, so don't bother with that.

>>93000319
I've read every post-Crisis issue of her ongoing and storytimed many of them here, keep projecting though.
>>
>>93000562
Some writers make her boring like some make Superman boring. Especially in the era after Infinite Crisis she sometimes would be depicted as a bit stuck-up, whereas before that she was sweet and smiled a lot, often being playful with people.

That's what Wonder Woman is to me, someone you love to be around and who you know loves to be around you. She's wise and intelligent and can get serious, but she always understands you and can connect emotionally to you.

What separates her from Superman is her ability to be very personal.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.