[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the final nail in the Inhumans coffin? >So, I’

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: Maximus-color.jpg (94KB, 576x864px) Image search: [Google]
Maximus-color.jpg
94KB, 576x864px
Is this the final nail in the Inhumans coffin?

>So, I’m writing The Inhumans: Once and Future Kings, my first new work for Marvel in nearly a decade. It’s easiest to think of this as X-Men: First Class with The Inhumans. 16-year old Black Bolt and his impish younger (and not-Mad) brother Maximus save the life of the King whose name is now Unspoken and, in so doing, set off several Trumpian political misunderstandings that leads the brothers and their cousin Medusa to flee the island city of Attilan to take refuge in a far-off, dangerous and exotic world– Greenwich Village. The King subsequently sends the remaining royals to hunt down the three and bring them back to face him.

>Phil Noto is amazing. He has reimagined the classic Inhuman cast in an energetic and fun way. “Fun” is, pretty much, the keyword for the series– a word not usually associated with The Inhumans. Neither is “humor,” but there is a lot of that in here as well.

>I’ve never written the Inhumans before, which is what intrigued me about it. That, and the opportunity to reinvent them as teens lost in the world outside our window. The series, due in August (yikes, we’re late) is just a blast to write. So much so that I’m really chagrined Marvel’s only asked for five issues.

>This coming of age era is rich and unexplored territory for the Inhuman cast, and a refreshing glimpse of what makes these characters so popular.

http://lamerciepark.com/wp/?p=571
>>
>>92995467
>several Trumpian political misunderstandings
Didn't Marvel have a whole press release where they said they were going to reign this in.
>>
I wouldn't use "energetic and fun" to describe Noto's art. His art's stiffer than a board. Wouldn't use "popular" to describe Inhumans either.
>>
It's Priest, so I'll give it a shot.
>>
>cousin Medusa
What?
>>
>>92995562
Yes, they're kissing cousins.
>>
>>92995562
Incest is best

>>92995502
Are you triggered?
>>
>>92995593
Why would I be triggered?
>>
>>92995649
Trumpsters have thin skin and are easily triggered
>>
File: this nigga serious.jpg (35KB, 357x312px) Image search: [Google]
this nigga serious.jpg
35KB, 357x312px
>>92995467
>what makes these characters so popular.
>Inhumans
>popular
>>
>>92995467
>Priest
>Prequel
>No NuHumans shit

Could be cool.
>>
>>92995844
not him, but I personally don't want the writers politics to be put into the mouths of comic book characters regardless of their stance
>>
>>92995897
Priest wants to know what the Inhumans are popular before all that "We're totally not X-Men, Honest." phase that Marvel is still clinging out as the grip loosen.
>>
>>92995467
>Inhuman story takes place outside of attilan and has them interacting with humans
Oh shit anon it's almost like 90% of Inhumans stories. If anything the problem is it sounding too similar to the 90s Inhuman annual. That was prequel about them finding Medusa which led into them meeting the F4.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2013x3056px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2013x3056px
>>92995467
>Inhumans prequel
>Not using Kirby designs
>le handsome Loki NuMaximus

When will the inhumans meme end?
>>
>>92996032
your second two points are kind of justified by the first, its a prequel to when BB is 16 so they are bound to look different
>>
The Inhumans suck. It's like a whole team of Carols and Cyborgs.
>>
>>92996032
Max only dressed like that while he was king so about two or three chapters.
>handsome
Is he? Besides the black & white is pretty much the longest he stuck to any one design.
>>
>Priest
>Fun
>Coming of age
Hard Pass, if you really want an Inhumans story then just read Royals
>>
>>92995467
>Trumpian political misunderstandings
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>92995562
They're royalty, of course they're related
>>
>>92995998
Nowhere does he say that he's going to be putting politics in the mouths of comic book characters. I mean shit, that's literally impossible in the case of Black Bolt. What's he going to day? Whisper "covefefe" to level a skyscraper?
>>
>>92996001
And the first thing he says that his inhumans are like x-men first class
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.