[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished watching Bad Blood, and I hate what the new comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Talia_al_Ghul_War_001.png (120KB, 507x351px) Image search: [Google]
Talia_al_Ghul_War_001.png
120KB, 507x351px
Just finished watching Bad Blood, and I hate what the new comics have done to Talia. She was a complex character with a lot of history and they turned her into a stereotypical villain. She was one of my favorite (anti) heroines.

Someone should burn for this.
>>
>>92987537
Shh, don't trigger Morrisonfags.
They think their God can do no wrong.
>>
>>92987537
>>92987753
>waifufags tears
Delicious.
>>
in the nolan movies she was a fanatic who wanted to nuke a major city and made no plans to escape the blast herself, apparently intending to die along with her target.

ultimately she is a minor side character who can be shaped and molded to whatever a given writer wants her to be.
>>
>>92988788
She was a waste in the movies, and now apparently she's a waste in the comics, turned into a generic plot device.
>>
>>92988923
She could never be anything else. The niche she filled before being turned into a straight villain was the same niche, more or less, that Catwoman, Harly, and even Ivy fill. There is only so much room for conflicted anti-villainess characters.
>>
File: cec50f1996083e34983ed623a8c49611.jpg (885KB, 2124x2116px) Image search: [Google]
cec50f1996083e34983ed623a8c49611.jpg
885KB, 2124x2116px
>>92989027
>She could never be anything else

She was something else, in the older comics, and one thing she was not was one-dimensional, or a psychopath like she is now.
>>
>>92989150
What I'm saying is that her evolution was inevitable
>>
>>92989171
Good writing can turn a supposedly "one dimensional" character into a great one.

The works mentioned by the other anons are examples of writers doing the opposite.
>>
Talia and Ra's both work better as honorable villains who are almost, but not quite, anti-heroes.

There's nothing wrong with outright evil villains. They can be awesome, but it just takes away everything that makes the al Ghuls interesting when you turn them full on psychotic evil. It takes away a certain nobility that makes them intriguing. You should kind of WANT Bruce to take his place as Ra's heir. You should kind of WANT them to cleanse Gotham of criminals and corruption.

Otherwise there's nothing interesting to them. There's no gimmick except canon 'lol not ded'
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.