[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >be 7 years old >find Captain Underpants in library

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 61fM9j2P8KL.jpg (65KB, 339x500px) Image search: [Google]
61fM9j2P8KL.jpg
65KB, 339x500px
>be me
>be 7 years old
>find Captain Underpants in library for a book report
>teacher says its ok
>ghostintheshelltypingbutformyeyesonpages.webm
>read every book and get As on all book reports
>thank u Captain Underpants
>13 years later
>hear there's a Captain Underpants movie in development
>Ed Helms
>Kevin Hart
>Thomas Middleditch
>Nick Kroll
>oh yes
>go see movie with friends
>only people in theater
>mysides.mp4 the whole time
>tell friends about love for CU
>they've all read every book too
>say out loud
>"I can't wait to talk about this on 4chan later"
>realize a lot of you guys probably grew up reading the books too
>feel good knowing the community i'm attached to so dearly probably share a lot of the same childhood memories
I love u Captain Underpants
If you've ever liked the books as a kid go see this movie, it's so fucking hilarious
>>
Unironically nice blog post OP.

I grew up with the books as well, and even though my parents pushed me to read more advanced titles, i would always read a few pages of the books before bed most nights. The series has a great charm to it. I was actually inspired to create my own comic books because of George and Harold's antics, it was a great time
>>
>>92987474
I love u Joey
>>
Captain Underpants got me through a hard time in my childhood and I honestly hate that I outgrew the books. I'll check it out sometime.
>>
>>92987474
These books unironically inspired a generation.
>>
File: IMG_20170511_110626.jpg (6KB, 261x174px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170511_110626.jpg
6KB, 261x174px
I would check them out from the library at school and look forward to reading them when I would finish early on a state test or something. Also these books made me want to make my own comics when I was a kid (shitty ass stick figures, nowhere near Harold and George level artisty) I tried to get my brother to get into them but he thinks they're stupid

FeelsBadMan
>>
>>92987474
check the archives, someone just did a storytime of all 12 Captain Underpants books
>>
>>92988397
>He thinks they're stupid
Yeah, that's the whole point. I hate people unable to get this concept.
>>
File: 1454832487979.jpg (53KB, 484x519px) Image search: [Google]
1454832487979.jpg
53KB, 484x519px
>>92988420
I got it right here
>>92882953
>>92909922
>>
>>92987474
Captain Underpants inspired me to make my own characters, stories, and make little crafts of them to act out the stories when I was a kid. Looking back on it makes me want to eventually make my own webcomics and continue making more characters and stories.

also sorta interested in probably making small games about them since gamedev is more open due to how many tools and resources there are to get you started.
>>
File: dav-ph.png (127KB, 324x267px) Image search: [Google]
dav-ph.png
127KB, 324x267px
>>92987474
they inspried me to wana head into writing and drawing even thoigh ive been slow in that department lately

i know my parents detested these book especially my mom, my dad read it a lot to us
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.