[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From the very first time we see him, DCEU Supes is saving people.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 508
Thread images: 22

File: vlcsnap-2017-06-04-20h19m01s373.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-06-04-20h19m01s373.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
From the very first time we see him, DCEU Supes is saving people.

Help me understand why people who ostensibly want a certain Supes actually HAVE that person, yet continually paint a false picture of a man who doesn't care about others?

I just do not understand, and after 4 years i'm beginning to doubt I will ever get an explanation.

So, will the real Mark Waid please stand up?
>>
>>92980904
the only thing that ever matters in any movie, tv show, or play the only thing that sticks with people is the last 10 minutes

think about the last 10 minutes of Man of Steel

that's why
>>
>>92980984
>think about the last 10 minutes of Man of Steel
Where he saves the entire human race?
>>
>>92980904
because he threw a train in his own home town and almost blew people up then in the fight with Zod turned Metropolis into a location from Fallout 4.
>>
>>92980904
he treats saving people like a grinding 9 to 5 job that he hates
>>
>>92980997
For the 2nd time in that film lol.
>>
>>92981038
Not wanting to be seen as a savior=/=not liking being a good person

If it wasn't fulfilling he wouldn't do it you fool.
BvS is NOT deep and you losers still miss the point.
>>
>>92981038
How? He goes out his way to savile folks. I MoS he left the ship to save the folks on the oil rig.
In BvS he was about to follow bruce but again left to save that little girl.

He enjoys saving folks, but you cant expect the shit folks ssy about him not to bother him.
>>
>>92981132
this x10000000
>>
File: PHBwBXEGI5laFD-1-l-addfb.jpg (86KB, 651x950px) Image search: [Google]
PHBwBXEGI5laFD-1-l-addfb.jpg
86KB, 651x950px
>>92980904

Bro, tone.
>>
>>92981031
>because he threw a train in his own home town
No he punched Non into the train yard to get him out of main street.
Non later threw the train at him.
See 3:59
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87ZTS7Fdg90
>>
>>92981132
imagine if he was the donner superman who always had service with a smile and always had time for a photo op before flying off to see how louis was doing
>>
MoS was great, i thought WW and MoS were very similar
>>
>>92981195
We already had 5 fucking movies with Donner Supes though.
>>
>>92981031
>then in the fight with Zod turned Metropolis into a location from Fallout 4.
No only 1 skyscraper fell during their 1 on 1 fight in Metropolis and Clark did zero structural damage to it. Everything else was from the Black Zero or the crashing of the scout ship.
>>
>>92981197
I did too. That's why I made this thread.
WW was excellent, but so was MoS. I am at a complete loss as to the perceived difference.
>>
File: snydercuck.png (219KB, 1676x880px) Image search: [Google]
snydercuck.png
219KB, 1676x880px
>>92980904
>I posted it again!

OP, we already know that you samefag and play both sides to shitpost about movies. Fuck off back to /tv/.
>>
>>92981195
Donner Superman had everyone sucking his cock and was the biggest dork.
>>
Because it seems like it's a huge fucking burden

His character is one of the dullest I've seen in a cape movie. Everything cool about him are the setpieces. Take the S off his chest and no one would give two shits about him. This incarnation has no redeeming qualities on his own that make him stand out as a character. Comic Supes gets called boring but he is 1000x more interesting because there is more to him than being a fucking mope.
>>
>>92981270
>>I posted it again!
Check the archive, i've never posted this before.
Go back to /v/.
>>
>>92981327
>Because it seems like it's a huge fucking burden
Because it is?
Imagine yourself in his shoes.
>>
>>92981327
>Because it seems like it's a huge fucking burden
BECAUSE IT FUCKING IS, not the saving itself, but the consequences of doing so are a massive fucking burden that would make any normal person uneasy. That is the whole fucking point.
>>
>>92981132
>He enjoys saving folks
The entire point of BvS is how he doesn't really like saving people and only did it because he felt he was obliged too. Even at the end he really only saved the day to save Lois.
>>
>>92981407
>The entire point of BvS is how he doesn't really like saving people and only did it because he felt he was obliged too.
not even close bud
>>
>>92980904
Stop whining.
It's Wonder Woman's world now.
>>
>>92981195
>louis
I hate you most of all.
>>
>>92981110
>>92981370
>>92981394
the thing is we never see WHAT makes it worth it to him. Obviously we as the audience can recognize that there must be something that keeps him doing it, but all we see of him is looking depressed. There's no evidence of whatever inherent moral fiber he has in the comics because his parents are continually vague about whether saving people is a good thing. He doesn't have a Spider-man moment where he is shown firsthand what great power=great responsibility.

There's no moment where he has a human interaction where we SEE why he does what he does. All we see is him getting worshiped like a god, which he demonstrably does not like.
>>
>>92981428
>Be their hero, Clark. Be their angel, be their monument, be anything they need you to be... or be none of it. You don't owe this world a thing. You never did.
Yeah nah, it was pretty damn clear Supe's didn't like his job.
>>
>>92981456
see
>>92981221
>>
>>92981370
>>92981394
I don't wanna fucking imagine myself in his shoes. I don't want a fucking "realistic" superman. I want something even close to the personality I read in comics.

He can feel it as a burden but that shouldn't be the entirety of his character. Name even 3 other character traits he has
>>
>>92981506
But that quote isn't from Clark. Try again.

>>92981496
In my opinion, the movie makes the moral character of Jonathan Kent VERY clear.
>you are my son.
>>
>>92981531
>I want something even close to the personality I read in comics.
see
>>92980904

"Not even close" would be him not saving people at all.
Take your hysteria and go.
>>
>>92981563
are implying that Jonathan on the mountain was an actual ghost and not just a manifestation of Clark's own conscience?
>>
>>92981221
Look, you've had going on four years to understand the issue is one of tone.
So bottom line, you're either shitposting, or legitimately autistic. But good news! You get to choose which one. Those are the only options.
>>
>>92981597
Just saving people isn't his character either. But I wouldn't expect people on /co/ to actually read comics, let alone DCEU shitters
>>
>>92981370
That's exactly what's wrong with it. A hero is someone better than a loser like me.
>>
>>92981506
Yet he comes back and makes the ultimate sacrifice. Nah, I think you are just a retard.
>>
>>92981506
You really didn't understand the point of what she said.
>>
>>92981563
Yeah, it's from Martha his mom telling Clark what is essentially the moral of the story is. She knew that Supe's was getting tired of everyone's shit and doesn't want to be a god damn messiah figure.

Supe's did everything soley for his love of Lois. Why do you think we get a scene with dead Pa Kent telling Clark saving people is pointless?
>>
>>92981648
Mate, i'm one of the few people here who read comics before he found /co/.
The DCEU is great so far.
>>
>>92981597
If saving people was the most important trait then you could say every hero is the same since they all want to save people. The way they go about it is more important, and I mean more than just the physical way since that too would reduce them to being he same except with different powers.
>>
>>92981642
WW's tone isn't any different from MoS for the majority of the film though.
>>
>>92981687
this
>>
>>92981687
You're defending a piece of cardboard for doing what any super hero from any other movie would do.
>>
>>92981506
ONLY BECAUSE of the people treating him like shit not because the saving itself is unenjoyable.
>>
>>92981777
>no counterargument
As expected.
The film straight up contradicts your lies.
>>
>Has been saving people since childhood despite the chance of exposure
>Stands up for women who are being harassed
>Chooses his adopted home planet over his birth planet
>Uses his position as a journalist to stand up for people he sees as being mistreated
>Worries constantly that he’s doing more harm than good to the world
>Even with his mother's life at stake he tries to reason with Bruce before trying to merely subdue him
>Has very good reasons to hate the world but never shows anger towards it and still tries to help it at every opportunity
>Saves Lex Luthor from Doomsday despite hating him
>Ready to sacrifice his life to save the world

Seriously, he's heroic AF. And I wouldn't be cheery all the time if everything I did was met with scrutiny or controversy. But the important thing is that despite that, he never stopped doing what was right.

Smiling and being happy all the time does not equal hope. If that was the case, then the Joker is the most fucking hopeful person in the world.

Hope is when you see and believe in the positive when there is negative around. You can be depressed, sad, and feel down but still have hope.
>>
>>92981755
Tone of character, not just tone of narrative.
But keep digging your hole. Surely you'll dig your way out after four years.
>>
>>92981814
this
>>
>>92981728
Please describe Clark's personality from these movies. Not that he saves people, but actual character traits.
>>
>>92981862
I want to stay in my hole. And I want you to join me so you can share in my good taste.
>>
>>92981732
This.
"He's totally Superman! He saved people!" is a shallow understanding of the character. EVERY superhero does that. What makes Superman who he is is something else entirely
>>
>>92981871
What's in it for me?
>>
>>92981496
He doesn't need a specific moment, he does it because it's the right fucking thing to do.
>There's no evidence of whatever inherent moral fiber he has in the comics because his parents are continually vague about whether saving people is a good thing
Except they had the moral fucking fiber to be honest and tell him that really bad fucking things could happen if he goes public, they were fucking heroes instead of negligent idiots who just told Clark what he wants to hear.
>>
Because he's miserable and grim.
>>
>>92981875
Okay, so you've settled on shitposting rather than autism. Good to know. I'll even be magnanimous and let you have the last word.
>>
>>92981890
>he can't

It's OK anon. We already knew that
>>
>>92981703
He didn't fucking tell him it was pointless, he told him saving/pleasing everyone is fucking impossible so don't be miserable because of, go be happy and just do what your capable of doing & be content with that.
>>
>>92980904
Because MoS was a disappointment. There's an "in for a penny" mentality that makes people hyperbolize everything nowadays. MoS can't be a a disappointing and bleak but ultimately just mediocre and forgettable Superman movie. No it has to be the worst thing to ever happen to Superman. Superman and Pa can't be poorly written but normal people struggling with an impossible situation, they must be complete monsters that are 180s from their characters.
Superman can't just fail to save literally everyone while saving the entire world, he must be directly and purposefully responsible for every death that occurred that day and feel nothing about it.
>>
I get really tired of seeing the constant reddit spacing in these threads
>>
>>92981966
No really.
Would you change your mind?
Be honest now.
>>
>>92981901
>he doesn't need a specific moment
maybe he doesn't, but you are then assuming something that isn't demonstrated in the film because of your previous knowledge of the character.

It doesn't need to be something big like with Spider-man but just a fucking human moment with ANY of the people he saves that aren't named Lois. Like other people have said in this thread, it's a matter of tone. On screen, he doesn't appear to like saving people or doing the right thing. That isn't the Superman people are familiar with, and that is what's being criticized.
>>
>>92980904
He treats saving people like a terrible burden that he hates and that constantly grinds on his soul.

Also he's inconsistent and wooden and has no distinct personality. Snyderman is simply unlikable on every level because he's hollow and poorly acted, and the only personality you can really give him is the personality of his movies, which is depressing and morose.
>>
>>92981981
>Because MoS was a disappointment.
It wasn't though.
I was very happy when I walked out of the theater in 2013.
>>
>>92980904
Because Superman's character arc was done through other people's exposition.

On his own, he's just a boring hunk that has two or three emotions at best

Seriously, even when he's alone contemplating his life, most of the talking is made by a hallucination while Cavil makes a sad face
>>
>>92981871
A charismatic friendly guy who has chosen to be a loner fly on the wall & let his actions speak for him as to avoid getting into the fray of politics and government.
>>
>>92982079
>charismatic friendly
neither of those are evident when he's interacting with anyone not named Lois
>>
>>92982055
This. I've been a Superman fan for over 20 years, and I absolutely loved it.
>>
>>92982079
>A charismatic friendly guy
what.
>>
>>92982079
>charismatic
lol, he's a cardboard box
>>
>>92982134
yeah well I've been a superman fan for 40 years and I thought it was shit.
>>
Snyder thinks it's impossible for someone actually save people, while also being positive at the same time.

He also thinks a "real" superman would be mopey, depressed and break people's necks.
>>
I'd describe DCEU Clark as more introverted than anything. He likes to show up, get the job done, and then quietly leave, like he did as a vagabond. Obviously he's still righteous and good-hearted,but he's more introspective than most versions of the character, wondering if his actions are causing more harm than good.
>>
>>92981931
you sound like a massive douche bag
>>
>>92982273
Honestly, he looks autistic.

Not even using 4chan autism, I mean actual autism.
>>
>>92982264
This.

I don't know why people try to argue that his Superman isn't like this. These are the legit beliefs he espouses. He's a fucking objectivist, he doesn't believe in helping people, he truly does not get Superman on any level.
>>
>>92982353
>he doesn't believe in helping people
And yet he helps people.
And he continues to help people even after he wonders why he's doing it.
>>
>>92982030
Yeah if I thought you had a point. That's the whole point of discussing something. Not just to jerk each other off over shared ideas.
>>
>>92982369
I'm pretty sure that the Anon you responded to was talking about Snyder himself.
>>
How can honestly anyone with half a brain enjoy a miserable mopey Superman?
>>
I've given it thought and the problem is that Clark isn't enough of the perspective character in these movies. It's all about how the """""""realistic""""""" world would react to him, and how Superman would fit in that """"""""realistic"""""""" world, but what we really needed was to get inside HIS head.

It was backwards. We needed to see the world through his eyes. We needed a moment like >>92980613

Because maybe that's really it. Maybe the issue isn't that people don't think he saved anyone so much as this world doesn't seem like it's been saved or is even worth saving.
>>
>>92982467
>half a brain
the average /tv/ poster has considerably less
>>
>>92981496
You don't need a reason to help people.
>>
File: 1476228813782.png (206KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476228813782.png
206KB, 800x800px
>>92982544
damn............................................... really made me think......................................
>>
>saves the entire species with his bare hands on his first day on the job
Yeah, I think he's alright
>>
File: 1468640568698.jpg (30KB, 550x308px) Image search: [Google]
1468640568698.jpg
30KB, 550x308px
>>92981855
This guy gets it.
>>
>>92982544
thanks for not reading past the first sentence, I guess
>>
>>92982544
You don't need a reason to have an aversion to killing but Snyder thought it important to give him one.
You don't even really need a reason to wear a cape, and Snyder thought it important to say it was genetic.
>>
>>92980904
The guy that plays him is unattractive and aggressive looking.
>>
>>92982127
He was such to the bar girl.
He wasn't friendly, but he seemed relatively open and respectful to the General during the interrogation scene.
>>
>>92982667

Superman killed in the comics before and the genetic thing had no play in the movie itself.
>>
>>92982667
>and Snyder thought it important to say it was genetic.
Not really? How is mentioning it in an interview and not once in the movie "important"?
>>
>>92982467
Because he is humanized and sympathetic.
>>
>>92982667
>You don't even really need a reason to wear a cape, and Snyder thought it important to say it was genetic.

This was one of the dumbest things that Snyder ever decided to do with this franchine. Not only made a previous scene that was good....bad, but it also is so fucking unecessary that it is patethic.

>>92982714
>and the genetic thing had no play in the movie itself.
He talked about it while explaining the scene of Clark running with a cape as a child, it changes the tone and meaning of the scene. It is just Superman being geneticaly inclined to wear a piece of fabric.
>>
>>92982757
>>92982714
>>92982667

People say shit about the genetic thing but no one said anything when Morrison implied that Superman moral fiber was genetic for being kryptonian.
>>
>>92982769
>It is just Superman
>just

>what is heritage
>>
>>92982757
>How is mentioning it in an interview and not once in the movie "important"?
Snyder thought that it was important enough to mention it, soooo....your deal is with him.

>>92982792
Are you implhyinf that it isnt also an horrible idea?
>>
>>92982544
But it makes it more interesting. Every single super hero saves people. A piece of wood saving people isn't something people want to watch on screen. There has to be more than that.
>>
>>92982792
this
>>
>>92981871
In MOS, a loner and an outcast who drifts through life aimlessly without meaning and purpose, wanting to help others but fears the consequences of his identity being revealed. Once he discovers his Kryptonian roots, he gains more confidence in himself and his abilities. In BVS we see that he still wants to help people, but his alien nature conspires against him and he becomes increasingly frustrated with people seeing him as some divine object of worship or a potential threat, when all he wants to do is help others and lead a normal life with Lois. He has a crisis of faith, but in the end he stays true to his convictions and makes the ultimate sacrifice. At least, that's what I got out of the movies.
>>
>>92982764
ah yes, i love sucking "Realism" dick
>>
>>92982714
>Superman killed in the comics before
And if you weren't a dummy you'd know context matters. The context in which he kills in the comics is to test the code, not to establish it in the first place.

>>92982757
It contradicts all that unnecessary bullshit with the codex and is further evidence that Snyder was preoccupied with the unimportant aspects. He's gotta have an explanation for the cape lined up but we can go ahead and skip over why Clark wants to be a reporter. That's not an important part of the character, after all.
>>
>>92982797
>I have genetic heritage to wear an speciphic article of clothes

Do you not get how stupid this is? Its like saying that using underwear is in your DNA.
>>
>>92982764
pathetic is not sympathetic.

>>92982792
I did.
I actually really dislike Morrison Superman. And were it not for Snyder's take I'd say it was the worst one in about a decade.
>>
>>92982667
>You don't need a reason to have an aversion to killing
Yeah you do, when you're dealing with Superman level threats. Why waste time keeping a person alive if the potential for them to destroy the planet is real? If Superman faces Metallo in the future, and he has the potential to cause collateral damage, why not do the utilitarian thing and kill the dude? It's not like it'd be illegal given the scope of the threat.
Superman needed to have his no kill rule cemented right there to ensure that he never forgets his deontological imperative in the future no matter how high the utilitarian stakes are, and we needed to see that.
>>
I don't know if supporting Snydershit is just contrarianism or lack of intelligence
>>
>>92982822
half of this is things he does and how he feels at specific moments, not his personality
>his convictions
what are his convictions beyond "help people?"
>>
>>92982902
one is directly related to the other
>>
>>92982933
Are you saying that following the hivemind makes you smart?
>>
>>92982764
One of the FIRST rules to writte, is to not make your MC an all powerful mopey bag that feels sorry for himself, while never doing anything different to change the situation.

All thus reception of Snyderman is due to this.
>>
>>92982902

They're really good movies. I see more lack of intelligence from people that bash them than from people that liked them.
>>
>>92980904
Because him actually saving people is mostly just situational and is more like a "I guess I have to". The oil rig was probably the only time he seemed to go out of his way to save people and actually have energy about it.

He doesn't save anyone else except Lois until he puts on the suit, and even then its more like "I am here fighting these aliens, you are too, so I'mma save you while we destroy this entire town".

In BvS it is even worse because he looks depressed by the mere thought of saving or helping people and the whole premise of the story is that literally the only thing keeping Superman from snapping and killing everyone is either his mom or his sexy time in baths with Lois.

Either way it is terrible because Superman is supposed to be the boy scout, the beacon of hope. In the comics even Batman admits that Gotham seems a bit brighter when Superman is there helping people. Instead we got the same grim and dark Snyderverse. We got a Superman and Batman that don't care about murder or killing people, they don't care about death and destruction.
>>
>>92982933
Normally contrarians are just unhappy intelligent people who can't get their rocks off to much beyond going against "the norm".
>>
>>92982945
>everything that most people like is dumb or wrong

You should stop giving a fuck to big 2 shit them.
>>
>>92982945
>>92982966
well /tv/ is dumb and its whole board culture is built around contrarianism

that's as far as I'm willing to go with this analysis
>>
>>92982955

But DCEU Superman changed his situation. MoS is all about trust. Trust in itself and others. Everything is addressed and wrapped up by the end.
>>
>>92982965

>In BvS it is even worse because he looks depressed by the mere thought of saving or helping people and the whole premise of the story is that literally the only thing keeping Superman from snapping and killing everyone is either his mom or his sexy time in baths with Lois.

This is literally wrong. Or you're stupid or malicious to think that.
>>
File: hint you are the stupid one.jpg (46KB, 360x361px) Image search: [Google]
hint you are the stupid one.jpg
46KB, 360x361px
>>92982945
only if your thinking for your contrarianism is pic related
>>
>>92983000
>But DCEU Superman changed his situation.
Not really. Snyder just started shooting in warm colors and idiots think that means character development.
>>
>>92982838
>we can go ahead and skip over why Clark wants to be a reporter. That's not an important part of the character, after all.
They didn't skip over that at all what the fuck?
You're mad because Snyder said something offhand in an interview about an unimportant detail instead of explaining why he wants to be a reporter, which Clark literally explains in the last few minutes of the movie? Did you even watch it?
>>
>>92983055

Yes, he changed the situation. He started to trust in himself and others, and in turn others started to trust in him as well. It's only thanks to mutual trust that the world is saved.

What the fuck, /co/.
>>
>>92982908
I guess you could describe him as an introvert? As for his convictions... one thing I've noticed about Snyder's film-making is that he shows more than he tells; the scenes tend to be more implicit than explicit. From what I see, Snyder's Clark/Superman just believes in doing the right thing no matter what, regardless of who they are or where they come from, he will save them, whether its a Mexican girl trapped in a burning building, some Russian astronauts, or people trapped in a flood.
>>
>>92982899
>Superman needed to have his no kill rule cemented right there to ensure that he never forgets his deontological imperative in the future no matter how high the utilitarian stakes are, and we needed to see that.
Why? Why not just take it as a given?
Especially since I don't actually buy it was really cemented.
>>
>>92983000
>But DCEU Superman changed his situation.
He continued to mope on BvS.

Unitl his fucking death.
>>
File: 1377720010828.png (5KB, 117x148px) Image search: [Google]
1377720010828.png
5KB, 117x148px
>defending mopey, grim and uncharismatic Superman

Why not just call it another character?
>>
>>92983056
>They didn't skip over that at all what the fuck?
Okay. Why does he want to be a reporter?

>>92983086
>and in turn others started to trust in him as well.
And then we got BvS which shows they actually didn't once their backs weren't against the wall.
>>
>>92983112

He was conflicted for different reasons in BvS. In BvS he felt unfairly persecuted because he was being blamed for things he didn't do, he was feeling guilty for the damage being wrought as consequences of the hate for him, and he was conflicted about continue to being Superman because of how much damage his presence seemed to cause.
>>
>>92983098
>From what I see, Snyder's Clark/Superman just believes in doing the right thing no matter what, regardless of who they are or where they come from, he will save them, whether its a Mexican girl trapped in a burning building, some Russian astronauts, or people trapped in a flood.
that's a lot of words to just say "help people"
>>
>>92983125
>Attacking Superman with a part 4 mememememememe
EPIC
>>
>>92983045
>everyone
No, but a sad amount of people. I fully admit that i'm probably only mid tier as far as smart 4chan posters go (/lit/, /sci/, etc).
>>
>>92983170
>In BvS he felt unfairly persecuted because he was being blamed for things he didn't do, he was feeling guilty for the damage being wrought as consequences of the hate for him, and he was conflicted about continue to being Superman because of how much damage his presence seemed to cause.

THAT'S
NOT
SUPERMAN
>>
>>92983189

There are many arcs where that shit happened with Superman. Specially during Luthor presidency.
>>
>>92983171
Well, what do you want me to say? Superman's not that hard to figure out, anon.
>>
>>92983187
ok but if you think the only reason people don't like <thing> is because they're dumber than you, then yeah, contrarianism=low intelligence
>>
>>92983220
Donner Superman is peak Superman, not comicshit
>>
I just liked the movie.
Reminded me of Smallville and the Donner films, while feeling less cheesy.

And not all cheese is good cheese. Otis from the Donner movies was worse than Jar Jar.
>>
>>92983109
>Why? Why not just take it as a given?
Because otherwise it just seems like a stupid thing to do. Why wouldn't Superman kill one evil villain to save the entire planet?
As a point of reference: Bale's Batman had an entire arc about this in Begins, where he was right about to murder a man and go to jail. After he learns the criminal underworld and basically comes back disgusted with the idea of killing, I totally buy why he wouldn't want to kill the Joker. It'd seem absolutely retarded in any other scenario, but it makes perfect sense here. He has a deontological obligation that we are privy to.
Batman, let alone Baleman, isn't Superman. But I appreciated the similar arc in BB and also in MoS.
>>
>>92983236
saved
>>
>>92983163
>Okay. Why does he want to be a reporter?
Watch the fucking movie. Like, just the last ten minutes if you have to.
>>
>>92983265
good, because I'm not wrong, and the world agrees with me. stay mad faggot :^)
>>
>>92981031
>guys I totally saw the movie trust me
>>
>>92983246
I can live with Otis.

I can't live with shrill, chain smoking, idiot Lois.
>>
>>92983236
peak Superman is Alan Moore's Supreme
>>
>>92983246
Lol no.
This is Smallville Jonathan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtUEd25FojA
>If we want to be save you need to understand your powers and learn to use them in the safety of our home.
Snyder Jonathan is "No. Just no. Hide it. All the time every time. They'll vivisect you and mankind will freak out."
>>
>>92983320
Yeah, Kidder was pretty shit most of the time.
She had her moments though.
>>
>>92983331
>Snyder Jonathan is
"You are my son."

They're very similar. Snyder's world is just less fairytail.
>>
>>92983275
I did. They just skip to him getting hired.
>>
>>92983362
>Snyder's world is just less fairytail.
>watching movies for realism that just amounts to "Lol life sucks"
>>
>>92983220
Almost every single comic dealt with it better.

If MOS was a comic, it would be considered absolute shit.
>>
>>92983225
I thought this Superman was supposed to be more grounded and relatable
>>
>>92983275
I did. They just skip to him getting hired.

>>92983325
peak Superman is Sentry.
>>
>gives up his powers to have sex with Lois and then memory steals her after he gets them back
I still love Superman II because of nostalgia, but goddamn is Superman painful to watch in that movie
>>
>>92983362
>Snyder's world is just less fairytail.
You are on the same world of Suicide Squad mate.
>>
>>92983376
>I did.
You couldn't have, because Clark EXPLICITLY answers your question with his own words.
>>
>>92980904
>will the real Mark Waid please stand up?
He did, in the theater, he got up and shouted and tried to leave when Superman snapped Zod's neck. Literal manchild.
>>
>>92983376
Clark explains what kind of job he needs over a montage of him going to the Daily Planet. I'm sorry if you can't connect the bright-neon dots, but that's not the movie's fault.
>>
>>92983390
Anon please!
The movie is way more nuanced than that.
It's saying Life *and people* suck
>>
>>92983417
>peak Superman is Sentry.
"no"
>>
>>92983420
Why do people always forget about shit like that?

>>92983429
SS didn't exist when MoS was written, so no.
>>
>>92980984
>welcome to the Planet
The ending of MoS was beautiful!
>>
>>92983435
Quote them then.
>>
>>92983469
I was hyped coming out of the theater.
Felt like modern Supes comic.
>>
>>92983492
No. Watch the movie.
>>
>>92983405
For me, he is. I can't speak for other people though.
>>
>>92983461
Anon that's the joke.
The other anon is saying Supreme is peak superman when that is also NOT A FUCKING SUPERMAN STORY
>>
>>92983417
>92983492
>peak Superman is Sentry
>Quote them then
We're done here lol
>>
>>92983466
>SS didn't exist when MoS was written, so no.
What kind of dumb comment is this? I'm just reminding you that the tone, realism on interactions and what is acceptable is radicals different from movie to movie.

So saying "MOS HAD to be like that because the world is super serious and grim" is stupid because you are on the same world full of over the top bulshit and silliness.
>>
>>92983513
Bro I can't get your fanfic if I watch the movie.
>>
>>92983517
Honestly...do you have autism? Because this Superman has a lot of traits of someone autistic.
>>
>>92983544
>because you are on the same world full of over the top bulshit and silliness.
It wasn't though. SS didn't exist.
>>
>>92983458
>ending monologue of BvS is unironically refuting exactly what you think it was saying
Man, I haven't posted in a MoS thread for like half a year
Glad to see nothing's changed
>>
>>92983531
>Supreme
>not a Superman story
so you haven't read it?
>>
>>92981370
I SHOULD want to imagine myself in his shoes. But I don't. And so DCEU Superman is a failure.
>>
>>92983588
But I do. And so DCEU Superman is a failure for you but not for me.
>>
>>92983575
I have actual autism and aspengers and I related with Snyder's Superman because of that. What you are going to do?
>>
>>92983420
>Apologizes to the president at the end saying he won't disappear again
>According to Superman Returns he fucked off for five years shortly after impregnating Lois
>>
>>92983037
Except it is spelled out for you that either Lois or Martha dying is what triggers Superman to side with Darkseid and destroy the earth. Flash even travels back in time to warn Bruce to save "her".
>>
>>92983612
>>According to Superman Returns
That's an alternate timeline.
There was a Superman 3 and 4.
>>
>>92983629

Snyder only put that scene there because he felt the movie was too linear.
>>
>>92983581
Supreme is a deconstruction of Superman.
It's not actually about Superman.
It's not even published by DC. It's an Image character. It's as much a Superman story as Sentry's book is. Or Legend of Blue Marvel. Or Icon. Or Superior. Or Miracleman. Which is to say, not at fucking all.
>>
>>92983629
Or it's because Darkseid played a part in his resurrection
>>
>>92983678
you literally haven't read Alan Moore Supreme, and are talking like you know anything about it
>>
>>92983609
I'm not that anon but I'm gonna say "yeah that sounds about right."
>>
>>92983575
No. I was bullied a lot when I was a kid though, and a bit of a loner. Take from it as you will.
>>
>>92983697
lemme zuck ya dic
>>
>>92981206
>>92981031
in BvS a headline says only a few dozen people were killed in Metropolis
>>
>>92983577
>It wasn't though. SS didn't exist.
If you are building a cinematic universe, you have to be aware of tone, otherwise you end up with shit. SS retroactively made the tone of the world all over the place, so you saying that MOS HAS to be grim and some things are just too campy us stupid. This is the kind of thing that would be avoided if they had planned things better. Saying "there wasn't any SS" is just saying "they had no plan or consistency with the world".
>>
>>92983697
And you can repeat that ad nauseum. It's not gonna make it an actual Superman book published by DC. It's just gonna be another pastiche of the archetype, a copy. A nice copy, perhaps, but not the original.
>>
>>92983631
I get that, but you'd think Singer would have watched Superman II before declaring III and IV non-canon. Because otherwise you get some fairly damning implications.
>>
>>92983731
Source
It's been confirmed that thousands died. Unless you fell for one of those Civil War memes
>>
>>92983750

Like Superman date-raping Lois and leaving her pregnant and confused?
>>
>>92983744
the face of autism.

it's all copies except for the original Siegel&Shuster run. Just because one of them has the serial numbers filed off doesn't make it less Superman.
>>
>>92983735
Since seeing WW, I predict that SS will be the only outlier and can attributed to tonal growing pains.
>>
>>92983797
>doesn't make it less Superman.
It objectively does though.
Superman is a character.
>>
>>92983781
Yes.

And really, Returns Superman is pretty unlikable. All he does is creepily stalk Lois, and be butthurt that she dared to have a life without him, despite him being the moron that left after date-raping her.
>>
File: 1492104587554.png (227KB, 981x513px) Image search: [Google]
1492104587554.png
227KB, 981x513px
>>92983629
>Except it is spelled out for you that either Lois or Martha dying is what triggers Superman to side with Darkseid and destroy the earth. Flash even travels back in time to warn Bruce to save "her".

This is the point where I was over with Snyderman.

Most people wouldn't become a murderous dictators because they lost a loved one. Snyderman did.

He is worse on his moral compass than most regular people.
>>
>>92983797
Okay. Then Miracleman is also Superman.
>>
>>92983829
I actually like Superman Returns, I don't claim that it necessarily is a great depiction of Supes, but I like it.
>>
Is it just me or does it seem like DCEU fans are actually pissed off that people like Wonder Woman?

Is it because they finally realize that Disney hasn't been buying critics, but actually that Snyder shit was just bad?
>>
>>92983874

>Most people wouldn't become a murderous dictators because they lost a loved one

Injustice.
>>
>>92983874
Call me when he becomes a murderous dictator, because he hasn't yet.
And he's currently six feet under.
>>
>>92983889
OP here.
I loved WW and found it to be as good as MoS and BvS.

I think critics just liked the female director and star angle.
>>
>>92983875
no, he's Captain Marvel
>>
>>92983874

The future implied that Superman was being used by Darkseid and blamed Batman for failing to protect Lois. It doesn't necessarily mean that he became evil because Lois died.
>>
>>92983892
I'm curious as to what you think citing Injustice is going to prove. That Superman was also a tremendous cunt. At least then they had the decency to cop to it.
>>
>>92983892
Yeah, I almost wrotte too that even dumb shit like injustice had better reasons and progressions with it.

>>92983899
You are just going to ignore a vision from the future that was avoided? Because it is still true that it would have happened that if wasn't for Flash.
>>
>>92983963
>Because it is still true that it would have happened that if wasn't for Flash.
Source?
>>
>>92983925
Captain Marvel is Superman.
>>
>>92983940
You just posted a different way of saying "because Lois died".
>>
>>92983963

But that future didn't implied that Superman became evil because of Lois.
>>
>>92983892
Which just about everyone agrees that it is a trainwreck of storytelling where every character acts as out of character as possible and makes the opposite of their normal choices.

It even has John Constantine being an upstanding individual who shoulders his responsibilities and thinks about his own well being second to another's!
>>
>>92983981
Batman vs Superman.
>>
>>92983993
>she was my world you took her from me
[one boring slog later]
>lois, you are my world
And people say I didn't watch the movie.
>>
>>92983918
They were probably also big fans of the consistent story, uplifting message, and relatable character development.

Or yeah, I'm sure it's just MUH WOMEN.
>>
>>92982278
he just sounds autistic if you ask me
>>
>>92984019
But that wasn't implied in the movie at all.
>>
>>92983889
The only DCEU movie I dislike is Suicide Squad. That shit is hot garbage. I really like how WW ties into BVS: Diana starts out hopeful and optimistic about humanity when WW1 ends, then as time goes on she becomes more cynical and jaded, only to have her faith restored after witnessing Superman's sacrifice. Same as Batman.
>>
>>92984025
>MUH WOMEN.
Did you forget the part where I said I liked it?
Critics are just ideologues mate.
>>
>>92983878
My problem with Returns is not it's portrayal of Kal, but more that it's dull. I get that it's trying to be more introspective, but it's just a bore.
>>
>>92984029
But it was.
>>
>>92983985
that is also true but there's enough differences between them that they can be considered different characters

Superman and Alan Moore's Supreme, though, they're pretty much the same
>>
>>92984037
>then as time goes on she becomes more cynical and jaded
I bet WW2 has something to do with it.
>>
File: Desert Batman.jpg (66KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Desert Batman.jpg
66KB, 800x800px
>>92983992

No, it just means that Superman was working for Darkseid for whatever reason and he blamed Batman for failing to protect Lois. It doesn't mean that he became evil with her that. That's something you're inferring. Flash just said she was the key to stop it, but that could mean anything. Maybe Lois is the only one who can kick Darkseid's ass. I don't know.

Snyder himself said he placed that scene to make the movie less linear and the whole thing was kept purposely dreamy and vague.
>>
>>92984048
Source from within the film?

>>92984047
Eh, I have nostalgia for it.
>>
>>92984037
Yeah. I'm someone who will defend MoS and BvS director's cut to the end, but I can't defend the mess that was Suicide Squad.
>>
>>92984043
I know you liked it. Those are your opinions, and I'm not here to tell you you're wrong. But you implied that critics only liked it because of feminism.

Do you think that maybe -- just maybe -- most people weren't impressed with BvS but actually really like WW?
>>
>>92984037
>>92984076
SS wasn't an unpleasant waste of 2 hours for me, but it wasn't great.

I actually like Leto as the Joker and look forward to him and Affleck interacting.
>>
>Snydertards only like his version of Supes because they can project onto his pathetic miserable ass
>>
>>92984029
It has Batman getting a vision of the future where Superman works with Darkseid to conquer the earth. Just before he kills Batman, Superman says "She was my world". Right after that a rip in time opens up and Flash sticks his head out and warns Batman to "protect her" and asks if he is too early.

In the movie, both Martha and Lois are in mortal danger and need to be saved.

If Superman didn't have WW and Batman backing him up, Doomsday would have taken too much of his attention to notice Lois was dying.

If Batman hadn't saved Martha then Lex's thugs would have killed her.

Either way there was a huge chance of them dying and it is implied and practically spelled out for you by Snyder that Superman would go insane and ruin the world with Darkseid.
>>
>>92984098
Maybe. I can't imagine why though.
WW was not that far from MoS in tone.
I was worried that they were going to go full Marvel, but they didn't, and it was great.
>>
>>92984103
For the most part, the performances were actually fine. It's just that the material itself was so garbage.

Well that, and it's probably the worst movie editing I've ever seen.
>>
>>92984121
>only like his version of Supes
>only
Source?
>>
>>92984143
>the performances were actually fine. It's just that the material itself was so garbage.
I agree.
I would like to see some/most of the characters again, just in a better plot.
>>
>>92984098
I feel like Wonder Woman is getting overrated both because it's better than the DCEU's previous offerings and also muh women

it's ok, but nothing really amazing
>>
>>92984103
I don't have an opinion on Leto's Joker, mainly because he didn't have enough screentime to really leave an impression.
>>
>>92984121
Why so hostile, anon?
>>
>>92984163
>it's better than the DCEU's previous offerings
It's about on par with Snyder's entries. So pretty great.
>>
>>92984196
not really, BvS is garbage and MoS is subpar
>>
If they made the Joker and Croc so bland I am absolutely terrified to see the rest of Batmans rogues.

>Joker: twitchy gangster
>Croc: gruff nigga thug
>>
>>92984163
I think that's true to an extent, I guess -- the bar was pretty low.

But while it wasn't amazing, it was as good as just about any other capeshit lately.
>>
>>92984208
BvS is 8.5/10 and MoS is 8/10.
>>
>>92984242
>the bar was pretty low.
see
>>92984244

>>92984224
>>Joker: twitchy gangster
Joker has always been a gangster/mobster though.
>>
>>92984244
ok Mr. Contrarian
>>
>>92984260
I don't disagree, but this Joker was nut much else than a crazy modern gangster. he was very generic
>>
>>92984268
>contrarian
Why is this a word?
Having an opinion should not have anything to do with other people's opinions.
>>
>>92984283
>he was very generic
Eh, I disagree. Leto had a sexual bent that I enjoyed.
>>
>>92980904
wonder woman is always eager to save people, and she has a certain drive that makes it look like she actually loves helping people, she doesnt scowl or mope when saving people, the responsibility of helping people isnt a millstone around her neck

she is someone you can look up to, someone who makes you feel like everything is right in this world
>>
>>92984302
because it's not a matter of opinion that they're bad movies.

whether you liked them or not does not affect their quality, it just means you have bad taste. Saying that they are actually good movies and everyone else is wrong is contrarian.
>>
>>92984344
WOMAN OF MURDER
>>
>>92984051
Yes. Superman was born a human and became a comic book artist that gets his powers from a meteorite that can alter reality.
>>
>>92981613
Are you implying that the manifestation of his father was nothing more then a placeholder so he could talk with himself? Rather then a convenient way to visualize the character coming to terms with his current situation based on the teachings of his father gathered from being raised by the man in a convenient format to explain why he came to said conclusion for the movie viewer? Aould youbhave prefered a Forrest Gump " well my papa always said..."?
>>
>>92984371
>because it's not a matter of opinion that they're bad movies.
Objective source that shows that the are objectively bad?
>>
>>92984375
while she does kill people, there is a different context, doing so in self defense against legal combatants instead of executing a downed foe who cannot resist
>>
>>92984386
>details are different, that means the core concept is different
>>
>>92984394
here's an objective source: anyone with half a brain can see a poorly written, poorly acted, poorly edited, poorly shot movie and say "this is bad" while only a contrarian would see it and say "this is actually amazing"

>inb4 >poorly shot followed by some more bullshit defending a shitty movie
>>
File: 20110713.gif (560KB, 576x4986px) Image search: [Google]
20110713.gif
560KB, 576x4986px
>>92983236
>peak Superman
I don't think you are using that term correctly
>>
>>92984455
>
You just posted your opinion though.
>>
>>92984051
>there's enough differences between them that they can be considered different characters
>>92984424
>>details are different, that means the core concept is different
Icon is closer to Superman than Supreme is.
But neither are Superman. Because if they were they'd be called Superman.
>>
>>92984455

You could say all that shit about WW, though.
>>
>>92984474
the editing is fine, the writing and cinematography is serviceable, and it's really just the lead that is poorly acted

which is a pretty major mark against it, but not to the degree of BvS where everyone either isn't trying or just straight up can't act
>>
>>92984474
you could, but there wouldnt be as many people agreeing with you

>but argumentum ad populum
taste is subjective, and consensus really is the only way to judge taste, it isnt perfect but for something like a movie it really is the only way to judge it other than box office numbers
>>
>>92984531
>where everyone either isn't trying or just straight up can't act
Source?
>>
>>92984472
>if they were they'd be called Superman
but I'm calling Supreme Superman right now
>>
>>92984536
the movie and knowing anything about acting
>>
>>92984552
And you're wrong.
Supreme is as much Superman as Doctor Manhattan is. Your brand of bullshit can ONLY fly in a Snyderman thread.
>>
>>92984578
look anon we can keep trying to have this argument in circles but we're not going to get anywhere if you don't read Alan Moore's Supreme
>>
>>92980997

He clearly means where Supes murders Zod with his bare hands.

God, you're dense.
>>
>>92984472
the core concepts of Superman and Captain Marvel are different, the core concepts of Alan Moore's Supreme and Superman are not
>>
>>92984576
So no source?
>>
BUT

MUH

QUIPS
>>
>>92984630
I mean I guess if you admit to not knowing anything about acting
>>
>>92984632
>quips
>a bad thing
we all know if we were super heroes we would crack a joke as often as possible to keep morale up and distract our foes and because its cool
>>
>>92984597
>>92984612
Oh I get it now .Your autism is seeing the red cape. That's why you think they're the same character.
>>
>>92984671
let's be real, if we were superheroes we'd probably mumble "y-you too" when the villains yell "I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME!"
>>
File: k.gif (484KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
k.gif
484KB, 200x200px
>>92984691
>>
>>92981204

And Id happily take 5 more movies with Donner Supes over the grimdark angsty Christ figure who murders people we got the past two movies.

>>92981206

You sound like a battered wife defending and making excuses for her abusive husband.
>>
>>92984698
you are doing it wrong, if they say "I'll GET YOU NEXT TIME" you say "thats what you said last time!"
>>
>>92984648
Juliard pls.
>>
>>92984734

>Christ figure who murders people we got the past two movies.

That's Donner Superman, though.
>>
>>92984734
see
>>92983420
>>
>>92981563
>In my opinion, the movie makes the moral character of Jonathan Kent VERY clear.

Yeah. "Let people die, son. If you have to save somebody, save yourself."
>>
>>92984870
No,
>you are my son
>>
>>92982051

Its not saving people that he hates. He hates everyone seeing him as a godlike figure or a massive threat with no real regard for human life. Which is meta as fuck, since that's the exact reason the IRL critics of this interpretation of Supes hate him:

They see him as a glorified Jesus figure, or as an asshole threat to humanity who hates saving people.
>>
>>92981728

I guess HL Mencken was right when he said "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."
>>
>>92985041
maybe if he smiled and hung around everyone he saved and maybe talked with them a bit before zooming off to save more people,stick around for photo ops and generally project what he already is to everyone else, a good man doing the right thing

people wouldnt get the wrong idea
>>
>>92984607
You mean the part where he chooses the lives of innocents over the last of his people and then yells in anguish over the fact that he killed an unarmed opponent?
Yeah, what a dick.
>>
>>92985058
I think that applies to more to shit like
>we're friends from work!11111111!!!!!!!!1!1
Honestly.

BvS has very little action or humor and in that sense isn't very american.
>>
>>92985110
I see it, but the DCEU isn't high cinema, and it's really the movie's fault for not elaborating on how much it hurt Clark to kill Zod- it could have been easily done in a 30-second talk with Martha. Again, for the average movie goer- I understood his emotions by the scream, but for some reason it looks like others did it.
>>
>>92985115
>not liking "friends from work"
that was hilarious, man
>>
>save someone
>look in the distance with a grim, disappointed look

That's probably why.
>>
The reasons people dislike MoS can be reduced to:
>muh color filter
>muh necksnap
>muh collateral damage
>not muh Reeve
>>
>>92985172
>not elaborating on how much it hurt Clark to kill Zod
We see his intense grief you dungus.
>>
>>92985255
pretty on the money there
>>
>>92985237
He was smiling while carrying the girl to her mother. He only looked grim when they started to try and touch him like he was some kind of divine savior.
>>
>>92985237
why cant you
>save person
>smile and reassure them it will all be ok
>drop him down into the crowd and say "all in a days work" then congratulate the firefighters and officers for a job well done and saving people as well
>fly off to save more people
just because its a responsibility deoesnt make it a chore
>>
>>92984607
this kind of naivety has ruined comics
or maybe I've grown too old to appreciate lofty childish ideals
>>
>>92984671
also, cause of the adrenaline of having fucking super powers would be the best high
>>
>>92985287
>implying Superman thinks saving people is a chore

eat a bullet
>>
>>92985334
This was shown very well in the first flight scene. The music especially brought home the thrill of flying for me.
>>
>>92985256
he's sad for 20 seconds then goes to make out with Lois
>>
>>92985256
I know, but judging by reactions a lot of people don't. Remember "In my theater there was a guy who, when Zod was killed, got up and yelled 'Okay! That's it! I'm out!' And that guy was me"?
>>
>>92985346
as presented in the movie, he seems to
>>
>>92985419
It isn't even mentioned on the other movies.

So much for "justification for no kill rules" when nothing implies that he has one.
>>
>>92985419
>not seeking comfort when in grief
wew my good lad
>>
>>92983493

The fuck do you read?
>>
>>92982156

This nigga.

He gets it!.
>>
>>92985434
Hum, I did something similar when they did that title drop in TDK. I mean, come on:
>"He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector, a Dark Knight"
I left the theater immediately.
>>
>>92985453
>hm, the city is crumbling around me, thousands have died, more are probably trapped in the rubble, and I just took a life for the first time
>better go make out with this chick I met a few hours ago
>>
>>92985485
this is a quality post and I want you to know I appreciate it
>>
>>92985464
Secret Identity, ASS, Morrison JL, Lots of stuff from around the DCU where Supes shows up.
>>
>>92985495
>not seeking comfort when in grief
Sometimes I think it's Snyder haters that are the autistic and unfeeling ones.
>>
>>92985532
it's just tonally dissonant, i.e. one of the movie's major and most glaring flaws
>>
>>92982714
>Superman killed in the comics before

That's no longer canon.We've had a couple Crises since then. And it was retarded when Bryne did it too.
>>
>>92985582
>it's just tonally dissonant
Not to me, making it subjective.
>>
>>92985532
Speaking of that, I love the scene where Clark calls his mother after watching coverage of himself on the TV.
>>
>>92982764

You rockin' that Stockholm Syndrome, girl!
>>
>>92985583
Supes kills Parademons in the current continuity.
>>
>>92985602
Or maybe he likes good movies.
Just a thought.
>>
>>92982769
>It is just Superman being geneticaly inclined to wear a piece of fabric.

GENETICS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY.
>>
>>92985591
no, it just means you have bad taste
>>
>>92985628
Source?
>>
>>92985648
Man of Steel is a bad movie
You like Man of Steel
Therefore, you have bad taste
>>
>>92985625
And this is why this is stupid.
>>
>>92985654
>Man of Steel is a bad movie
Gonna need an objective source.
>>
>>92985303

You do seem bitter, nihilistic, and bleak.
>>
Because even IF all the destruction made sense-- even IF it was all perfectly justified and there was just no other way to write the script to NOT include that much destruction and gloom, it just wasn't fun to watch. it was a miserable headache inducing slog over indulgent in surface level violence that does an enormous disservice to the character.

So he saves a few guys at an oil rig. He also acts like a bitch and twists a guy's truck into a mangled heap. He watches his father die in the most botched scene since that time Catwoman played basketball. He saves a single serviceman's life then proceeds to tear Smallville to shreds.

The give and take of his heroics is depressing to watch and not because it's supposed to be.
>>
>>92985723
>in the most botched scene
In what way?
>>
>>92985519

You/re not a very careful reader, are you?
>>
>>92985419
And Jenny climbs out of the rubble and says "He saved us!"
A huge smoldering crater and fires all around. His super hearing picking up every anguished moan and plea for help. He can literally hear hundreds of hearts beating their last beats.

Gotta frech Lois real quick...
>>
>>92985771
see
>>92985532
>>
>>92985678
there are several objective factors in determining whether a movie is good or bad
WRITING
>do the characters have believable motivations and convictions?
>are these motivations and convictions presented to the audience, either through dialogue or their actions and the performance of the actors (remember this part)?
>do these motivations influence their actions in the plot?
>does the plot make sense?
>do the characters affect the plot?
>is there conflict within the plot that is resolved by the end?
>Is the dialogue believable, like you could hear it coming out of a real person's mouth, that is, do characters speak like people and not like platitude machines?
ACTING
>do the actors react believably to the situations presented to them in a manner consistent with the character?
>do the actors make you believe that they are not actors?
>are the character's motivations effectively presented through acting?
>do the actors work well together and thus interact believably (the ever-elusive "chemistry")?
>do they display an effective range of emotions that is believable for the situations presented?
at the same time, are the also sufficiently downplayed that they are not broadcasting their thoughts and feelings on a Jumbotron (this one can be tricky, and can be part of a character)?

if you answered "no" to any of these questions, consider re-examining what you consider good in movies.
>>
>>92985753
When people criticize that scene, defenders make the mistake of assuming the point of the scene was missed, and that if you dislike that scene you just dont get it...

The point is there was no reason to write that scene the way it was to deliver the same point. Everything on screen SHOUTS that there were better ways for that bit to play out. But the delivery was so hilariously tone deaf that it is the most enduring thing of that movie, with or without Chris Evan's face superimposed on it.
Have pa get hurt and the only way to help is to fly/run/carry him (or choose not to in front of people). Have Pa at LEAST die saving another human damn being not a dog that fucking runs off never to be seen again anyway. How did a tornado appear without Clark hearing it? He can hear people talking through walls but not a goddamn force of nature that sounds like a freight train fifty yards in front of him?

Could Clark NOT have run out there and saved the dog to make it back in time without the crowd thinking he was super? Their huge 6'6'' built like a tank son couldn't have jogged out there at a normal pace and made it back? Fuck that scene.
>>
>>92985807
Yeah I see it. So? Are we supposed to ignore it when a movie fucks up at every level? Isn't that what retards get accused of doing?
>>
>>92985939
>defenders make the mistake of assuming the point of the scene was missed, and that if you dislike that scene you just dont get it...
that's the fucking problem with the DCEU, defenders just assume everyone who doesn't like it is dumber than them and just didn't get it. The thought doesn't cross their minds that people got it and didn't like it because they're so far up their own ass they can't even consider someone smarter than them not liking it.
>>
>>92985939
>>92985993
Nice boogeyman guys.
I merely asked in what way you considered it botched.
Really excellent victim complex you guys have. Truly exquisite.
>>
>>92985928
What's believable or not is subjective, anon. It's a personal value judgement, nothing quantifiable.
>>
>>92986029
well here's a couple examples of believable and unbelievable, from the same movie, in fact!
>Superman gets pissed because Luthor is threatening his mother
>Superman looks mildly constipated then flies away because the US Capitol was just blown up, killing hundreds
>Batman is both terrified of and driven to stop an unknown actor with the power of a God
>Batman's entire character arc is resolved an he becomes instant best friends with someone because their moms have the same first name
>>
>>92986164
I perceived those things very differently than you, apparently.
I saw Supes' reaction to the bombing as resignation that this situation was going to be a clusterfuck.
>>
>>92986195
that's not what Cavill's acting showed, and flying away was not a believable action for what defenders claim Superman's character to be.
>>
>>92986247
>and flying away
He helped get people out in the extended cut.
And no, I don't care that that scene wasn't in the theatrical cut.
The fact that Snyder filmed that scene at all is what damages your stance.
>>
>>92986278
well I didn't bother watching an even longer version of a movie that I already found too long and boring
>>
>>92986335
Well you should, if said longer cut adresses at least one of your complaints.
>>
>>92986344
nah, I got better ways to spend 3+ hours

like watching paint dry
>>
>>92986358
Ok bud. Sorry about your condition.
>>
>>92986393
good taste does feel like a burden sometimes, but I manage
>>
>>92986425
If you had good taste I wouldn't be offering you my pity.
>>
>>92986432
that's because you have bad taste but you think it's good taste, and as a Bizarro-person, pity is actually admiration

Me am ungrateful for your pity, Bizarro-anon
>>
>>92986487
>that's because you have bad taste but you think it's good taste
I have good taste though so I don't follow.
>>
File: hubba bubba dubba.jpg (100KB, 477x640px) Image search: [Google]
hubba bubba dubba.jpg
100KB, 477x640px
>>92986560
of course you do, little buddy
>>
>>92986580
goddammit moot
>>
>>92986580
I own Dark Night in hardcover though so yes, I have good taste.
>>
>>92986624
that's reasonably ok taste at best
>>
>>92986164

>Superman looks mildly constipated then flies away because the US Capitol was just blown up, killing hundreds

He was feeling sad and guilty about the deaths, and in the Extended Edition he saves the few survivors and feel even more shitty when the paramedics are scared to approach him.

>Batman is both terrified of and driven to stop an unknown actor with the power of a God

He was more conflicted than terrified.

>Batman's entire character arc is resolved an he becomes instant best friends with someone because their moms have the same first name

They didn't became best friends because of that. They didn't even became best friends. Batman actually got more angry when Superman used his mother name, because of the PTSD episode it triggered on Batman. Batman only calmed down when Lois appeared to explain the situation and warm both of Lex's plans. That's the only moment Batman calms down long enough to realize he had been played. Part influenced by the fact that he juxtaposed his father's image on Superman. Even then Batman was still a murderous asshole when he went to rescue Superman's mom. It's only after Superman's heroic sacrificed that he was truly redeemed.

But hey, you're the authority on objective facts here, right?
>>
>>92986661
I disagree. You probably think Cerebus is great.
>>
>>92986686
it is for the first 200~ issues
>>
>>92985041
...but it makes total sense why critics would see him as either of those things. The movie shoves extremely blunt religious imagery in with Superman AND has all of the mass-destruction fight scenes everyone complains about.
>>
>>92986685
>when the paramedics are scared to approach him.
This doesn't happen.
>>
>>92986685
anon if you don't think that conflict in Batman is born out of fear, I don't really think you have a very strong handle on the characters
>>
>>92985346
that's right, the majority of people who got that from the movie are the delusional ones not you
>>
>>92986697
wrong
>>
>>92986747

That conflict is born out of him not being a 100% sure that he wants to kill Superman, actually. In the movie he has a deathwish.
>>
>>92986757
I think you may have been joshing me about having good taste

who am I kidding, I knew
>>
>>92986027
Claiming that the scene, indeed the whole movie, was too deep for plebs is the most common defense of MoS. Try again
>>
>>92986794
yes, because Superman is doing good things, which is good, but he could also kill everyone at any time, which scares him. He practically spells it out in one of the few good scenes in the movie.
>>
>>92986803
>is the most common defense of MoS.
And yet I never said that.
>>
>>92986027
This post is hilariously fucked. But assuming you're not trolling >>92985939 was making a completely legitimate argument
>>
>>92986799
I'm going to eat your preteen daughter's carcass.
>>
>>92986824

The 1% speech is Batman justifying his shit, anon. Batman's basically himself as an example of someone who thought he was a hero and lost his shit to justify murdering Superman.
>>
>>92986869
yeah, and it SCARES HIM that since it happened to him, it could happen to anyone. Batman is a character built around fear, both his own and that of criminals. It's not a hard concept to grasp.
>>
File: headphones.png (187KB, 400x750px) Image search: [Google]
headphones.png
187KB, 400x750px
>>92986857
OH NO

I REGRET MY WORDS AND DEEDS

ANYONE BUT MY PRETEEN DAUGHTER

TAKE ME! TAKE MY WIFE PLEASE!
>>
>>92986848
Ok? You're anonymous, right? I'll have to take your word for that.
The fact remains for the millions of other times this thread has been made since 2013, claiming to hate the scene is to just not get it has been the single most consistent defense of it.
I prefaced my argument with pointing that out because it goes along with the rest of it not because I think YOU said it. Get a grip.
>>
>>92986945
>not because I think YOU said it.
But you replied to me specifically.
Get a grip.
>>
>>92986977
Talk about victim complexes.
>>
>>92987006
I'm going to assassinate your entire upper body.
>>
>>92985495
>>92985582
I dont get hwy people have a problem with the kissing scene, they just saved the goddamn world, they are celebrating AND find solace in each other for the loss they had to suffer.
>>
>>92985754
>snyder haters have to talk down to actual comic readers

sad
>>
>>92987339
well I'm pretty sure I said why people have a problem with it in the second post
>>
>>92987369
but what you said was wrong because you totally missed the celebratory part of it, ignoring that they just SAVED THE WORLD
>>
>>92982312
>>92982273
its right out of Secret Origin desu
>>
>>92987428
>you missed the point
going to stick with that old chestnut huh
>>
File: SecretOriginAreYouHuman2.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
SecretOriginAreYouHuman2.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>92982312
>>92982273
>>
>>92981642
>hurr durr a character only works in one tone ever

the true sign of a casual. read more comics my boy
>>
>>92987473
but i literally explained to you what you left absent..... like what is your counter argument? that you DIDNT ignore that they saved the world? Fuck, the Avengers crack jokes and eat food in a ruined New York after an alien invasion.
>>
>>92987518
no, I'm sure saying it for the million and first time will somehow open my eyes about I just couldn't grasp the depth and majesty of Zack Snyder's magnum opus, and how it's totally not a grim and dull slog through a surface-level and pessimistic examination of human nature.
>>
>>92987606
what the fuck are you ranting about, no one said anything about that, but you are just ignoring the fact they saved the world right before their kiss... why are you derailing the conversation and bringing up shit no one else is?
>>
>>92987070
kinky
>>
>>92987606
bitch u crazy
>>
>>92987651
>you didn't get it
>you somehow missed something obvious
it's the same tired argument from DCEU defenders every time: you am dumb, me am smart. You're not special and you're not bringing any new insight to the table, you're not making some new argument that will suddenly open people's eyes and see them as the amazing movies you think they are, despite all evidence to the contrary.
>>
>>92987700
so are you saying they didnt save the world?
>>
>>92987700

Did you even read the guy post? You seem weirdly butthurt about something.
>>
>>92987700
>not actually addressing the argument itself
>ranting about "Them"

bitch u crazy
>>
>>92987651
It was out of place because it was played up as a "my work is done" celebration when there are hundreds of dying people all around you. Your SUPERMAN. save the celebration until you're actually done saving the day.
Right there, in frame, was death and destruction but the audience is supposed to say "awww they're in wuv now".

It was a tone-deaf delivery just like every other thing in the movie. Was it bad in principle? Nah. Did Snyder fuck up and show it in the stupidest way possible? Yyyyyup.
>>
>>92987741
I'm butthurt about a lot of things

DCEU defenders using the same arguments every time
DCEU haters logical people taking the bait every time
DCEU threads on /co/
MCU threads on /co/
DCEU vs MCU threads on /co/
live action threads on /co/
/tv/ in general
DC cancelling the third Sandman Mystery Theatre trade
Arkham Knight being really close to a good game but being ruined by the fucking tank and all the bullshit Riddler challenges
the new Fire Emblem kicking my ass

Most of all, I'm butthurt that I actually care enough about all of these things to be angry about them except the Sandman Mystery Theatre thing, I feel justified in being mad about that
>>
>>92987849

>It was out of place because it was played up as a "my work is done" celebration when there are hundreds of dying people all around you

Actually, it wasn't played as a celebration at all. It was played as a man and a woman seeking comfort in each other's arms after a near-death experience. Superman then goes out to deal with the ongoing crisis.
>>
>>92987890
>it's a celebration
>except it's not a celebration
ok
>Superman then goes out to deal with the ongoing crisis
too bad we didn't fucking see that
>>
>>92981506

He disliked the fact that his actions were always politicized and the negative media coverage of him made him doubt if he was actually doing good or just making things worse. At no point is he hating his jobs, at best he has doubts and is struggling to handle the media frenzy and the burden of responsibility that being a supehero entails.
>>
>>92987876

The DCEU haters are hardly logical.
>>
>>92987849
>It was out of place because it was played up as a "my work is done" celebration

It really wasnt any no one was dying around him. Look at the scene, its all the survivors gathering around him. He is celebrating saving the world for one second before confronting Zod.

>Right there, in frame, was death and destruction

Destruction, sure, but there wasnt any death on camera anon, you are literally making things up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI3eBENgyVQ
Its really, really sad that you have to make things up for the movie to be bad.
>>
>>92987428
>but what you said was wrong because you totally missed the celebratory part of it, ignoring that they just SAVED THE WORLD
>>92987890
>Actually, it wasn't played as a celebration at all.
Jesus you people
>>
>>92987911
>too bad we didn't fucking see that
wut, yes we do, he goes to fight Zod RIGHT after that you dumb ass.
>>
>>92987911
>>92987849
>literally making things up.

bitch you crazy
>>
>>92987956
im not that guy.
>>92987890
is an idiot who also doesnt realize that they saved the world. Its both though celebration and comfort.
>>
>>92987963
nigga we are talking about the kiss after Superman snaps Zod's neck
>>
>>92987890
muh first day line seemed a bit flippant especially since it was premature.
>>
>>92987911

I just said it wasn't a celebration. It was two people seeking immediate comfort in each other after a harrowing experience. It's like how in action movies when the MC finally get to rescue his loved one, hug and kiss them, and then give them a spare gun or something so they can protect themselves before he leaves to pursue the bad guy.

Yes, we see Superman dealing with the ongoing crisis by going after Zod. Are you crazy?
>>
>>92987948
you really think nobody is trapped in all those burned out and crumbling skyscrapers in the background?
>>
>>92982822

Wow. I mean, just... wow.

This movie literally can do no wrong to you people, can it? You'll go to any lengths to defend it.

People like you who take everything theyre given no matter how bad are the cancer that's killing pop culture today.
>>
>>92987963
>>92987970
>>92988000
holy shit guys, wrong kiss
>>
>>92987948
You're right, my bad. No one was dying in any of that rubble and burning highrises.
Good thing they didnt acknowledge that fact in BvS or I would look silly right now...
>>
>>92987985
holy shit you autistic idiot, they dont even kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1SYSiesNjY

he is devastated he just killed the last of his kind.
>>
>>92988014
he celebrates for ONE moment and then has to go deal with zod you stupid fucking idiot. Man isnt allowed a single kiss before having to fight a super powered terrorist?
>>
>>92987936
at least they can recognize a bad movie when they see it
>>
>>92988037
there wasnt even a kiss there see
>>92988044
>>
>>92988038
you said IN FRAME, now you are talking about off frame death. Which is it? Make up your mind? Also, he had to go deal with Zod right after. Jesus christ you dumb.
>>
>>92988037
>>92988044
>>92987985
>literally made up something to complain about

AHAHAHAHAAH bitches you ARE crazy
>>
>>92988057
Actually, no. Did he just forget about the guy he had been fighting for 20 fucking minutes?
he needed a fucking smootch right then? It just adds to showing how much of a selfish retard he was and that's not ever the way Superman should come across.
>>
Batman and Superman rarely look happy with saving people in Snyder's films.

They come off like it's a huge burden.
>>
>>92985437
youre a moron
>>
>>92988094

See, and then people say that DCEU bashes are logical.

Like, i get not liking the movies because of the weird take on characters and universe, the bad acting, the bad editing, the tone, the whatever, but the weird complaints where it's clear the person didn't even watch the movies are fucking mental.
>>
>>92988057
>>92988071
>>92988094
holy shit I feel like I had a stroke, I legit thought the kiss came after the Zod fight
>>
>>92988129
holy shit he isnt allowed ONE kiss to celebrate saving the world? so you ARE autistic?
>>
>>92988079
Do you see the buildings? Do you see the fires? Do you see bloodied people right there? Are they in frame? Yes?
You SEE that death and destruction on screen right? Right? Is it in frame???
>>
>>92988150
bitch you crazy
>>
>>92988129

He probably thought Zod had died.
>>
>>92988129
dude you need to read more comics, Superman pauses to kiss Lois all the time...
>>
>>92985434
Wasn't that Mark Waid? Who was made fun of everywhere for being a retarded manchild?
>>
>>92988137

Superman seems happy saving people in a lot of scenes, though.

Batman's just an insecure angry asshole.
>>
>>92988162
>Do you see bloodied people right there?
No, I dont see any bloody DEAD people in the frame. Point out exactly where you see a dead person in the frame. Not an IMPLIED dead person, which means off frame and something you are making up, but an actual dead persoj on the frame. which is what you complained about. I said there was damage, sure, but of COURSE there is damage.

Jesus you are nit picky as shit.

>HURR DURR A DEAD/HURT PERSON ON CAMERA? IN MY SUPERMAN FILM?!!?

come on man
>>
>>92988150
Honestly me too. I only saw that fucking shit heap twice and my brain blurred all that fucking monochrome explosion bullshit into a single instance with the sequence jumbled up.
He still comes across as too horney and childish for muh Superman though. And then flies off to murder a guy
>>
>>92988170
apparently
>>
>>92988137
I kind of like that about them.

People, even heroes, lose hope. They get jaded, they get tired, they might think about giving up because keeping up hope is hard. The world can be a terrible, dark, hurtful place and sometimes it gets you. But what's is important is standing up again for what you believe in. Doing whats right, not whats easy.
>>
>>92988230
did David Goyer and/or Chris Terrio write this post for you?
>>
>>92988211
So unless they show you a dead body with a red arrow pointing at it you just assume they arent there? you see a burning building IN FRAME. Its ok to assume that IN THAT BUILDING THAT WE SEE, people are dying.
Does this movie take place in Toon Town or something?
come on man
>>
File: 1395627383180.jpg (33KB, 400x400px)
1395627383180.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
I fucking love BvS for all that Plato shit. Fight me, /co/.
>>
>>92988230
Those kinds of stories only work when we see the gradual disillusionment. Both Superman and Batman start of the DCEU sad and worn out which is a misstep.
>>
>>92988268
weird thing to like a superhero movie for, but whatever floats your boat

it's still a bad movie
>>
>>92988243
Nah. Just an observation and an opinion.
>>
>>92980904
Putting this sequence at the very beginning of Clark's story arc was a mistake. Completely undermines the entire part of the arc where he's growing up with the Kent's and they have the whole "do I risk exposing myself to help people?" arc that the movie then spends a good hour of the film on - we've already seen him exposing himself to help people, that entire part of his story arc becomes completely moot.

It'd be like if you opened up The Usual Suspects with a scene of Verbal Kint being addressed as Mr Soze.
>>
>>92984759

WRONG. Donner Superman never killed anyone.

>>92984767

He's wrong. Donner's Superman is the yardstick all Supermen shoul;d be measured by. Reeve was THE quintessential Superman.
>>
>>92984876

You obviously didnt watch the movie. Johnathan clearly told him to let people die rather than save them.

Quit defending shit writing and characterization
>>
>>92988307

It makes perfect sense, actually. It show his heroism, because he's pretty much sacrificing his stability there for exposing himself to save some strangers, and shows that Clark still keeps hiding himself, because he flees to go work in another part of the world since he can't stay there anymore. It's like as if being a hero is a bad habit he can't give up. Then the rest of the movie goes on to why this Clark fear exposing himself and why he seems so aimless.
>>
>>92985110

He commited murder. That isn't Superman. Superman does not commit murder. PERIOD. Superman always finds another way. Always.
>>
>>92980904
>Help me understand why people who ostensibly want a certain Supes actually HAVE that person, yet continually paint a false picture of a man who doesn't care about others?
probably because of all the brooding and moping he does for the rest of that movie and the one after.
>>
>>92985614

Except Snyder's movies aren't good.
>>
>>92988346

Jonathan said no thing. Jonathan said "maybe", and he only said that shit because Jonathan thought it'd be pointless and dangerous for his son to expose himself trying to save the folk in Smallville, with who knows what happening to him after because of it, when he can save the whole world in the future if he just give time. He was always thinking of the larger picture. Even then Jonathan was conflicted in his answers because he knew saving those kids was the right thing to do. He just was a scared father with no answers.

It was a very humanizing moment for Jonathan, but i guess you can't have a flawed Jonathan.
>>
>>92988378
B-but what about the John Byrne reboot in which all characters were wrong on purpose in a sad attempt to update them?
Huh? What about that time he killed Zod and made a porno with Big Barda? Why don't you like gritty realistic superheroes?
>>
>>92985715
>saving humanity is nihilistic

Woah, watch it with the man-child there, pal!
>>
>>92988403
>>92988378

Or how about that time Superman freeze a bunch of inmates and let Parasite smash them to bits? Or how about that time Superman killed Darkseid and Mandrakke?

All written by Morrison.
>>
>>92988324
>Donner Superman never killed anyone.
He threw Zod into the abyss of the Fortress of Solitude, and dropped Nuclear Man into the reactor of a power plant.

>>92988346
He didn't say to let them die. He gives a noncommittal non-answer. He knows Clark did the right thing, but he also knows that he put himself at risk. So, it's a moral quandary. He obviously loves his son, but at the same time, knows that publicly saving people with his abilities could lead him to be taken away or dissected.
>>
>>92988402
Even as a person who gets almost zero enjoyment from MoS, I liked that scene. Johnathan showing Clark who and what he really was, and Clark's responses were genuinely good. Just not enough of those moments...or maybe too many, I don't know. The movie was painful either way.
>>
>>92988456

I like the ending scene where Clark talks with his mom. Clark grew up wrongly believing that his father thought the world would never accept him, because he let self-doubt scar him thanks to that incident where his father died to protect his secret, and then his mom tells him Jonathan always believed that Clark would grow up to be the world's hero. That Jonathan always had faith in him.

There's a lot of heart in that scene.
>>
>>92988564
Then why did he kill himself?
>>
>>92988394
where does he brood or mope my dude (outside of the one second he asks whether he should turn himself over to zod)? In the interview with Lois? No, wait he doest....
>>
>>92985086

He does that. He's smiling when he pulls the girl from the burning building and the smile goes away once he realises they're praising him like a God.
>>
>>92982822
>In MOS, a loner and an outcast who drifts through life aimlessly without meaning and purpose

He's drifting for years in the early parts of the movie because he's trying to figure out why he's on Earth but doesn't have a convenient plot device a la homing beacon to directly guide him to the ship.
>>
>>92988602

Because Jonathan thought Clark was too immature at the time to shoulder the enormous responsibilities that would be entrusted into him when he revealed himself. That's why in that situation Jonathan decided it'd be best for Clark to not risk exposing himself and just let him die. Jonathan was ready to pay with his life, knowing this way Clark would be able to grow up some more to be the hero the world needed.

Of course, Jonathan was wrong in doing that, because it had the unintended consequence of scarring Clark and make him grow up believing that his dad had to die to keep his secret because the world would never accept him. Clark grew up resenting people a bit.
>>
>>92984607
>Murder

Do you think an American court would find him guilty of that?

Of all the charges that actually WOULD stick to him if he submitted himself to a jury trial, murder for killing Zod would not be one of them.

Who would even press charges against him for it?
>>
>>92988695

And the movie does this because one of the main themes of the movie is trust. Clark throughout the course of the movie learns to get out of his funk and trust people, blindly at first even, because someone has to make the first step, and in turn is thanks to that, that the world gets to trust him back, which is something needed because it's only through mutual trust that Superman and the government are able to save the day. This is a movie where Superman can't save the day alone, he isn't as fast or as strong to be at two places at once. He needs the military help.

MoS is one of the few action movies where the government isn't demonized.
>>
>>92988667
>i am not the messiah, stop following me
>>
>>92988695
>>92988770

Jonathan didn't trusted Clark, and in turn made Clark not trust others.
>>
>>92988772
he's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
>>
>>92988787

Jonathan thought Clark was way too young and immature to handle the entire world turning its focus on him, and his secret getting out too early would rob Clark any chance of deciding what he's going to do with his life on his own terms. And he was right, a college age kid isn't going to able to handle all that public attention or necessarily even know what he wants to do the rest of his life when he's a super powered alien. Hell, Clark in his thirties still had to struggle with the baggage of dealing the media trying to twist everything he did to some political meaning.
>>
>>92980904
>only saves the people on the oil rig because he happened to be hiding near there while he was running away from actually doing anything.
>only saved the kids on the bus because he happened to be there and afterwords he was told maybe he should've let them all die
>we're supposed to be impressed that he didn't kill the kids that were bullying him or the truck driver
>literally takes the fight between the Kryptonians and himself into a town full of people and makes no attempt to move it elsewhere
>during the Metropolis fight with Zod he makes zero attempts at saving civilians and zero attempt to move the fight elsewhere
>he doesn't even show concern or acknowledge the thousands that're dying around him every second
>makes out on their ashes
>we get a two minute long montage of him completely silently saving people while looking like he wants to hang himself
>silently saves girl from fire before returning to being mopey again because these annoying people won't leave him alone
>he literally doesn't say a single word to anyone that wasn't a main character as Superman in BvS
>when the bombing at the hearing happens instead of immediately trying to put the fire out or save as many people as possible he stands there and feels sorry for himself for a bit
>says Superman was never real
>runs away to a mountain
>only cares about Lois
>is constantly portrayed as an angry, mopey dick who could snap at any time
He doesn't give a shit about anyone other than MARTHA or Lois.
>>
>>92989004
nice mental hoops you jumped through. didnt even bother finishing. Clark is a pretty caring man. try again
>>
>>92989004
You realize that Snyder Superman is a Superman who's trying to live up to the ideal while knowing he can't.
>>
>>92989101
>didnt even bother finishing

>he sacrifices himself to save "his world" Lois
>therefore everything that came before is now forgiven because reasons
>>
>>92989004
>>92989212

He constantly tried to bring the other kryptonians to unpopulated areas during the Smallville and Metropolis fight. He just was unable to do so because the kryptonians were superior fighters. Even then he manage to save a few military during the Smallville fight.
He seems happy saving the people in Mexico.
He talked with several randoms in BvS.
He saved the few survivors during the capitol bombing.
He never seemed like he could snap, to the contrary.
>>
>>92989191
Being a normal person isn't an "ideal" he needs to live upto because he is one in every way that matters.

That's what Snyder and you fags don't seem to grasp. Superman isn't distant alien that has to "find his place" or any of that shit. Earth is his fucking place.

The only ideal that he has to live upto is using his powers to help people. If people don't trust or like him then he'd solve it by fucking TALKING to them and showing them that he's really just a regular guy. One person at a time if he had to.

I can't wait to see the fucking hoops you Snyderfags jump through when the rumors about his role in JL are true and he chooses to side with Steppenwolf because he shows him some pictures of Batman letting Lois die.
>a-actually he's still a good Superman because reasons
>>
>>92989242
>extended cut stuff
you need to stop assuming people chose to subject themselves to an even longer version of a movie they didn't like
>>
>>92989291

The ideal Clark is trying to live up to is not being normal, but being the hero the world needs, because that's what has been drilled into him by his two dads. That he's the answer to all the worlds problems.

So i don't understand the point you're trying to make.
>>
>>92989242
>He constantly tried to bring the other kryptonians to unpopulated areas during the Smallville and Metropolis fight.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>punching them through the buildings in that directing means he was trying to take the fight elsewhere
>He seems happy saving the people in Mexico
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>if you freeze frame at this one spot, brighten by 52% and zoom in you can totally see him smiling for 0.23 seconds
>He talked with several randoms in BvS
No he didn't. Not as Superman. Name the scene or pics.
>He saved the few survivors during the capitol bombing
I never said he didn't. But he could've saved more if he didn't waste gods knows how long feeling sorry for himself. He literally stood there and cried while people were burning to death around him.
>He never seemed like he could snap
>broke fence while being bullied
>broke truck after the guy was mean to him
>almost incinerated Lex
>went nuts on Batman
Totally the picture of a stable individual.
>>
>>92989354

Showing a bit of anger while holding back isn't "snapping".

And what difference does it make if he talked to people as Clark or Superman? Or if he smiled less or more than he should? And yes, he did try to bring the fight somewhere else while getting dogpilled.
>>
>>92989342
>The ideal Clark is trying to live up to is not being normal
Which once again shows Snyder doesn't understand the character at all.
>but being the hero the world needs
The world doesn't NEED anyone. Superman is a hero because he can and wants to help. That's it.
>that's what has been drilled into him by his two dads. That he's the answer to all the worlds problems.
Yet more characters Snyder doesn't understand then.
>>
>>92989291

>>92989342
^ This pretty much, all the mean-while, he has people who look up to him as almost a god-like figure, and then there are those who hate Superman for his "false idol" persona.
>>
>>92981063
Fourth, time, friendo. He saved humanity when he surrendered to Zod, when he topped the World Engine, when he disabled the scout ship, and when he killed Zod. Saved the human race four times in one movie, people still bitch.
>>
>>92989291
>The only ideal that he has to live upto is using his powers to help people.

And he does that. That doesn't mean he's somehow immune from self doubt and fears that he's only making things worse with his actions.

>If people don't trust or like him then he'd solve it by fucking TALKING to them and showing them that he's really just a regular guy.

Yeah, that's not how you make someone you distrust and fear to come over to your side. You convince people through actions, not flowery words. Unless you're an idiot "OMG he's just like ME!" meme is not going to make you trust a super powered God being that the media is 24/7 saying is either a menace or a literal Jesus reincarnate.
>>
>>92989399

There are several continuities where Jonathan tells Clark in his deathbed to use his powers to do good, where Clark wrestle with with to do with his powers and how the best to do good, where Clark wrestle with the responsibilities and expectations people place on him, where Clark tries hard to be the hero people need and sometimes feel he isn't measuring up to it.

So i thin Snyder might know a thing or two.

>Superman is a hero because he can and wants to help.

That applies to the DCEU Superman too, who was helping people even before the costume.
>>
>>92989432
it's almost like people's problems are with more than specific plot points
>>
>>92989481

I think people problems are more that they nitpick things, if we go by this thread.
>>
>>92988402
The guy was a prick, it's that simple.
>>
>>92989491
and the acting in general, the dialogue, the lighting, the characterization choices, and the overall general tone, but you know, those are really just nitpicks.

The fundamental divide between DCEU defenders and its detractors is that the detractors saw the movies once, maybe twice, and wrote them off as bad movies. They may occasionally get details wrong because, like the general population, they don't really remember them because they were dull, morose slogs that they'd rather not waste memories on. That's why the tone comes up most frequently as a criticism, it's all most people remember.

The defenders see them multiple times, obsess over tiny details, invent things that aren't present in the film to fool themselves into thinking they saw a good movie. They (you) are then baffled that the so-called haters did not see these things that only exist in their mind, and then assume that obviously the haters must be dumber them, because in order to see these imaginary things, one must be smart, like them. Which of course gets to the heart of the issue with DCEU defenders: they think everyone who doesn't like the movies is dumber than them, because Zack Snyder created this veneer that MoS and especially BvS are for smart, erudite filmgoers, and that they are deep and layered films, so of course anyone who likes them must be smart and erudite and other fun adjectives pretentious people use. DCEU defenders can't accept that they might possibly like a bad movie, no, their movie must be one of the crowning achievements of cinema, when it's really a schlocky mess of cliches, sloppy cinematography, and bad acting.
>>
>>92989650
I just watched them once or twice and think both are good.

I have my criticisms, but I've almost never see a superhero film I didn't have problems with.
>>
>>92989650

>The defenders see them multiple times, obsess over tiny details, invent things that aren't present in the film to fool themselves into thinking they saw a good movie. They (you) are then baffled that the so-called haters did not see these things that only exist in their mind, and then assume that obviously the haters must be dumber them, because in order to see these imaginary things, one must be smart, like them. Which of course gets to the heart of the issue with DCEU defenders: they think everyone who doesn't like the movies is dumber than them, because Zack Snyder created this veneer that MoS and especially BvS are for smart, erudite filmgoers, and that they are deep and layered films, so of course anyone who likes them must be smart and erudite and other fun adjectives pretentious people use. DCEU defenders can't accept that they might possibly like a bad movie, no, their movie must be one of the crowning achievements of cinema, when it's really a schlocky mess of cliches, sloppy cinematography, and bad acting.

Or maybe all that stuff people talk consistently about are in the movie and you're just pissed off you didn't realize them. Because that's how you whole tirade seems to me. That you feel left out because you didn't see what some other people saw in these movies and you can't accept it.

I mean, if the defenders make so many things up, how the fuck can their fanfics be so consistent? How can so many different people agree on character motivations, plot themes and other allusions? Is there a fucking cabal somewhere where they come together and decided what to invest about the movie?

You're just mad because you feel stupid whenever discussing these movies and you don't like it.
>>
>>92989733
>you're stupid, we're smart
ta da
>>
>>92989741

Yes, i'm calling you stupid. You're saying that people invent shit that aren't there in these movies to justify their appreciation of it, but in my experience nothing is being "made" up in these discussions. The only ones that use that stupid argument are the ones that genuinely seemed to not have watched the movies or if they did didn't payed any attention to it. Like the people that insist that Jonathan wanted Clark to let people die and hide forever. Those kind of people.
>>
>>92989801
I know you're calling me stupid, it's all you people ever do. It's your only move.
>>
>>92989855

I'm not calling you stupid for hating the movies. You're your reasons. Fine. I'm calling you stupid for claiming that everything people discuss about these movies are invented. Only a stupid person would think that.
>>
>>92989884
there's a lot of headcanon on both sides
>>
>>92989733
>he doesn't know about the DCEU cabal

plebs
>>
>>92989906
One side is fairly consistent.

The other ad hocs complaints left and right once they get challenged.
>>
>>92990097
I dunno, they're both pretty consistent

Detractors with their criticism of the tone, Jonathan Kent, MARTHA, and not muh Superman, and defenders with saying "well you just didn't get it"
>>
>>92990122

You're a fucking petty stupid cunt.
>>
File: ayyyyyyyy.jpg (323KB, 1600x979px) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyyyyy.jpg
323KB, 1600x979px
>>92990204
whatever you say, friend
>>
holy shit anti-DCEUfags are infinitely more autistic than DCEUfags and thats saying something
>>
>>92990369
from my point of view its the DCEU fags who are evil
>>
>>92990369
>t. anti-dceufag falseflagging
>>
>>92990386
I would say let's not bring Star Wars shitposting into a DCEU thread but that already happened today so let's have at it in the few remaining posts

THEN YOU ARE TRULY LOST
>>
>>92990404
I HATE YOU
>>
>>92990404
YOU CAN'T WIN
I HAVE THE HIGH RT RATING
>>
>>92990464
YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY KINO!
>>
>>92980904
Because his parents are heavily Objectivists, and constantly telling Supes about how he doesn't owe the world anything. It's Snyders hamfisted message of his Randian fucking shit stain believes.

That's why Supes is so fucking miserable, because all the people around him tell him he doesn't need to be actually superman.
>>
>>92990429
>>92990464
>>92990473
IF YOU'RE NOT WITH ME, THEN YOU'RE MY ENEMY

did it ever get answered if ol' George was "subtly" shitposting the other George
>>
>>92990493

That makes no sense, specially when MoS was mostly written by Goyer with Nolan inputs.

Who's making headcanon now?
>>
>>92990494
is this the new prequels?
universally hated in the mainstream but finding a safe refuge on 4chan?
>>
>>92990524
/tv/ drank a little bit too much of the contrarian Kool-Aid after Baneposting hit it big
>>
>>92990549
>Snyder had no influence in the story
Keep dreaming bud.
>>
>>92984371
so you don't get how objectivity or contrarianism works do you
>>
>>92980904
You Synder fags need to stop drinking the Kool-Aid
Thread posts: 508
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.