[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of dipping my toes into Conan for the first time. The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_6018.jpg (149KB, 600x923px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6018.jpg
149KB, 600x923px
Thinking of dipping my toes into Conan for the first time. The King Conan cover at my LCS looked neat but im not sure if that'd be a good starting place. Are there any recommended runs for recent self contained stories?

>inb4 am called a spoonfed faggot

I'm just genuinely interested
>>
>>92977789
if you actually buy stuff, buy the Conan Omnibus editions. Vol 1 was released in December, Vol 2, incidentally, tomorrow.
problem with Busiek's Conan run is that it's completely unsorted. you start out right in the middle, then it switches to other parts etc, the Omnibus editions are sorted properly (Vol 1 is how he grows up and shit, Vol 2 is how he goes about thieving in Zamorra). Vol 3 would be him as mercenary (you can fix together Vol 3 by yourself from scans/rips I guess) or alternatively you can pick up the collected TPBs as rips:
>Conan v00 - Born on the Battlefield
>Conan v01 - The Frost-Giant's Daughter and Other Stories
>Conan v02 - The God in the Bowl and Other Stories (Omnibus Vol 1 ends here)
>Conan v03 - The Tower of the Elephant and Other Stories
>Conan v04 - The Hall of the Dead and Other Stories
>Conan v05 - Rogues in the House and Other Stories (Omnibus Vol 2 ends here)
>Conan v06 - The Hand of Nergal (Collects
>Conan v07 - Cimmeria (Collects
>Conan v08 - Black Colossus (Omnibus Vol 3 ends here)
>Conan v09 - Free Companions (Collects
>Conan v10 - Iron Shadows in the Moon (Collects
>Conan v11 - Road of Kings (Collects Road of Kings 1-6)
>Conan v12 - Throne of Aquilonia (Collects Road of Kings 7-12)
>Conan v13 - Queen of the Black Coast (Issues from here onward collect Conan The Bariarian)
>Conan v14 - The Death (Collects
>Conan v15 - The Nightmare of the Shallows (Collects
>Conan v16 - The Song of BĂȘlit (Collects
>Conan v17 - Shadows Over Kush (Collects

after that it's pretty linear (Conan The Barbarian -> Conan The Cimmerian -> Conan - Road of Kings Maxi -> Conan The Avenger -> Conan The Slayer).
Read King Conan wheneverthefuck you like, it's collected in 4 TPBs and plays years after the other Conan stuff.
>>
File: Conquer 01.webm (670KB, 800x340px) Image search: [Google]
Conquer 01.webm
670KB, 800x340px
>>92978288
eh, had to delete stuff because the post was too long but forgot to delete some of it, ignore the "(collects" stuff, you can fix that yourself by picking up the TPBs I guess, they're in recent Win-o's.
>>
>>92977789
READ THE ENTIRE BUSIEK RUN IN ORDER AND KEEP GOING UNTIL THE VOLUME IS FINISHED

#0-50

READ IT ALL

IT'S LITERALLY THE BEST COMIC EVER MADE

download it here: >>92878570
>>
>>92978288
>>92978415
Thanks a lot guys I'm gonna look into those omnis, gotta support the good stuff
>>
File: Conquer 02.webm (117KB, 800x340px) Image search: [Google]
Conquer 02.webm
117KB, 800x340px
>>92978785
good lad
>>
Slayers pretty good but it's better to start with the earlier dark horse runs especially Busieks Run Slayer Conan is bassist older getting tired of all this slaying shit and death Conan the omnibus are really good ways to start though
>>
Just ordered both volumes, guess they're only paperback which is kinda lame, crazy that it's almost 500 page books for 14$ and 20$ tho.
>>
File: The Colossal Conan.jpg (253KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
The Colossal Conan.jpg
253KB, 1200x1600px
>>92979410
There was a Colossal Conan HC Omnibus which collected Conan 00-50,, but it's sold out
>>
>>92977789

I also, was in your place a few months ago and decided to just go with Busieks run on Conan, it was a long good run, and theyre releasing them 3tpbs at a time in nice big fat TPB omni versions...

as far as i can tell if you like Conan pretty much everything about the character is damn decent but you gotta pick a spot cuz theres just so much damn content.
>>
>>92979524

Yeah and that bitch can't have been easy to read, its as ridiculously huge as big damn sin city... you could bludgeon someone to death with the damn thing.
>>
File: conan_laugh.webm (409KB, 320x136px) Image search: [Google]
conan_laugh.webm
409KB, 320x136px
>>92979724
>you could bludgeon someone to death with the damn thing.
Truly the worthiest format to tell the stories of Conan.
>>
>>92978288
>>92978415
im in the same boat and am i right in saying busiek is the run that needs to be read out of all the conan comics out there?
>>
File: Conan.jpg (2MB, 1806x1209px) Image search: [Google]
Conan.jpg
2MB, 1806x1209px
>>92980074
yeah, pretty much.
Actually you need to read the original Robert E. Howard stories because his prose is magnificent and they're enjoyable as fuck, but since you want comics, you get comics.
>>
>>92978288

the hardcovers and tpbs are in that order as well, the Thick TPB omnis coming out are just 3 of those at a time
>>
>>92977789
the first thing you should read before you touch anything else Conan is the original works. They are also ironically, the best Conan stories
>>
Since I don't wanna make my own thread are there any good reprints of the Roy Thomas/Barry Windsor Smith stuff?
>>
>people reccing busiek and not also the original marvel comics

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.