[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't they just give Wally a solo already? I mean as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 7

File: Titans_Rebirth_Vol_1_1[1].jpg (329KB, 940x1445px) Image search: [Google]
Titans_Rebirth_Vol_1_1[1].jpg
329KB, 940x1445px
Why don't they just give Wally a solo already? I mean as long as he is contained to just Titans he will overshadow all of the other characters. If you give him his own book then Wally fans can be happy and non Wally fans don't have to have him take up 75% of the pages.
>>
>>92975949
Why not just kill Barry and make Wally the Flash again?
>>
They're probably afraid of overshadowing Barry.
>>
>>92975949
because Brett Booth will draw and write it
>>
>>92976014
Because Black Wally should take Barry's Place. White Wally is a ginger character but rehashing old stories is boring and it is why the current flash run is so bad.
>>
>>92976014
Because Barry is a star of TV shows and films.

>>92975949
Flash is not considered enough of its own franchise to warrant more than one book. At most, there was that Impulse line in the nineties.
>>
>>92976087
>Ginger
Meant to say better
>>
>>92976104
But The flash is more popular than Superman right now and Superman has like 4 different books right now.
>>
>>92976087
In an ideal world it Wally would take Barry''s place and then Black Wally takes over for Wally after he matures.
>>
>>92975949
Not gonna happen with his heart condition.
>>
>>92976243
If anything that is why he should get a solo so they can explore that better
>>
>>92975949

How did this character cultivate such a shit fanbase?
>>
>>92976386
Samefags say it's Shit over and over until idiots believe them
>>
>>92975949

He deserves one more than fucking Nightwing, whos a glorified sidekick. I just don't get DC. Flash is a big name now, but every unknown bat kid gets a solo/book instead????
>>
>>92976386
How is the fanbase bad? Robin fans are always in fighting. Nearly all flash fans are Wally fans
>>
>>92976149
Superman and Batman issues sell as well as events.Flash is getting a lot of nerd interest and normie popularity nowadays, but it's still not quite there.
>>
>>92976386
A long run that established half of the things that make the Flash relevant today, along with appearing in the fan-favourite cartoon series?
>>
>>92976657
> Nightwing hate

Pls anon. Wally and Dick are friends. You don't have to hate on him just to prop up Wally.
>>
>>92976674

The fact that you think this is a problem in itself.
>>
>>92976978
But it's true, I am a flash fan so I like flashes. How are you not getting this? Flash is a legacy hero
>>
>>92976978
How can you be a flash fan and not like the characters?
>>
>>92976978
What is with the anti-Wally shitposters recenty? Wally was The Flash up until recently so obviously most Flash fans are going to be Wally fans
>>
>>92976674

How is the fanbase bad? You constantly live up to the expectations of the worst examples of character-faggotry. All you people do is whine or wank. You're children with an incredibly bloated sense of entitlement and a wild defensive inclination.

Oh and its funny you mentioned thr Robins out of fucking nowhere, because there is nothing Wallyfags seem to love to do more than to attack characters who aren't Wally West.
>>
>>92978437
>Whine
Which is completely justified considering how they treated the character, even fucking Waid left because of it.
You are a corporate shill who cries about "entitled" costumers despite the fact that the costumers have every right to complain SINCE THEY ARE THE ONES KEEPING DC ALIVE.
>Attacking Robin
I am not. I am love Dick. But I know that Robin fans attack each other all the time while at the same time Flash fans tend to like Jay, Barry and Wally.
>>
>>92978437
>>92980572
These are the same type of faggots who cry about gamer entitlement and how they totally should have accepted Mass Effect 3.
>>
he's a shit character, Kyle needs an ongoing way more
>>
>>92978052
Our boy hasn't been the mainstream Flash for nearly 10 years and now there's a popular show with Barry, and a movie with Barry coming out.

Wally fans are only viewed as in the wrong by more recent fans who don't grasp why people like wally because they were never really properly given a chance to like him.
>>
>>92980809
They are generally casuals from /tv/ that only watch the show or started comics with nu52
>>92978437
God forbid anons not suck DCs corporate dick and call out DCs stupidity or replacing characters for diversity points.
>>
>>92975949
They could give him solo story arcs in the Flash book. It's not like the title says Barry Allen on it.
>>
File: Flash family.jpg (53KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
Flash family.jpg
53KB, 620x470px
>>92978437
its just really bad not muh combined with nostalgia.

It annoying though and makes it difficult to discuss the character/franchise since it will always devolve into shitposting of some kind.
>>
>>92981086
It's not really nostalgia. The problem is none of Barry's runs since returning have been anything more than mediocre. Nearly all of the best Flash stories are all Wally stories. Those stories are all either ignored or given to Barry in other media. It's a big problem when the so called "most iconic" version of the character doesn't have much for himself.
>>
>>92981086
Flash is a legacy character. It would be stupid to expect a flash discussion that doesn't mention more than one flash, especially when all the best flash stories involve the older flashes
>>
>>92981233
nice dubs but you're putting your opinions as fact
>>
>>92981909
It is a fact. Modern flash borrows heavily on Wallys run but doesn't have any stories as iconic
>>
>>92981909
It is a fact. Outside of the Rogues and dying Barry doesn't really have much. Barry does not have any strong runs since returning. Messner-Loeb, Waid, and Johns all delivered top-notch long and memorable runs for Wally.

What has Barry contributed to the franchise since returning that's on the level of the Speed Force? What arcs, or even single issues does Barry have since returning that are on the levels of Messner-Loeb's movie theater issue, or Zoom's introduction?

I like Barry well enough but the reason people like Wally is because he had close to 20 years of quality runs before Barry's return. That entire volume is considered worth reading. Barry has potential but until that potential is met Wally fans, as whiny as they can be, are justified. Flash has wallowed in mediocrity under Barry.
>>
>>92975949
Their primary goal is to try to consolidate and appease the Wally fans while keeping him non-competitive with Barry. Sticking Wally in Titans is a way to do that. If you give Wally a solo then you get fans proliferating that that would be the "real" Flash solo and shit. You can't do that with Titans.

Anytime you wonder why something's off or bad about Wally, just look to Barry.
>>
>>92976220
In an ideal world Black Wally wouldn't exist, Bart would've already successfully taken Wally's place and we'd be in the middle of a Bart run since Bart is better and more interesting than either Barry or Wally.
>>
>>92976386
It was a normal fanbase that was pretty large (bigger = shittier) and then got really mistreated out of nowhere so there's a huge persecution complex and insecurity about being Wally fans.
>>
>>92981086
It devolves into shitposting because discussing the franchise is literally just "Wally's run was good, Barry's stuff is mediocre or garbage."

Which is the truth but then people who've only known Barry, the majority of the fanbase at this point, get defensive about it.
>>
Wally nosedived in quality after Johns left and the kids should have stayed Zoom'd
>>
>>92982723
Even The Rogues were stupid idiot jokes in the silver age who only became the characters we known and love during Wally's run, under Johns' pen.

That's the thing about Wally. His run took everything Barry's run had that was worthwhile and improved on it on top of creating tons of original stuff that still defines The Flash to this day. The Speed Force alone is a bigger contribution to the mythology and core concepts of The Flash franchise than anything that ever happened in Barry's run.
>>
>>92982948
Is Barry had had a good strong run upon is return (Which would have likely happened if Johns was able to go through with his original plans), and Wally wasn't shit on by DiDio to prop up Barry's return it wouldn't really have been much of an issue honestly.
>>
>>92983048
Wally literally had one fill in arc after Johns left because they had already decided to get rid of him in Infinite Crisis. There wasn't any time to nosedive. At that point the damage was done and Waid botched the return.
>>
>>92983013
I highly doubt the majority of the fan base on /co/ has only read nu52 Shit. How can you call yourself a fan of you aren't willing to read it's best stories?
>>
>>92983092
A majority of Flash fans at this point are from the TV show and they jumped on with nu52 and Rebirth. They aren't all likely to go backwards to a character they barely know.

When you sit and talk with Barry fans that's really all they know. Modern stuff. Everytime.
>>
Barry really is better than Wally, though.
>>
>>92983092
I'd wager 70-80% of the fans now come from the show. It'll get worse with the movies.

Some of those fans do go back and read Wally stories, but they still prefer Barry because he was their first hero so they look at Wally's run more critically and derisively. I'd say the same extends to Wally fans but at least they're right about those comics being the best Flash comics.

Watching idiots recommend Flash Rebirth like it's the epitome of Flash storytelling is always gonna rustle me. The only thing new age fans seem to care about is IT WAS ME memes.
>>
>>92983238
Better at being a boring piece of shit who stars in boring piece of shit books, sure.
>>
>>92983166
But the only good parts of rebirth is when they reference to pre52 stuff
>>
>>92983238
Elaborate why.

>>92983253
I like Barry when he's not in his solo title. Where he's a happy go lucky dork instead of a whiny brooding loser.
>>
>>92983253
>>92983166
Thanks a lot, now I fucking hate Barryfags and I never did before reading this.
>>
>>92983311
It's getting better at least. Slowly. It's nothing great though. At least it's not as much of a long winded wall of text as the first arc was. No where near as good as Wally's big four runs.

>>92983317
I want to say this is a reason Barry is held in high regard at the moment too. Outside of his main book he's a much more likable guy. In his main books he's just terrible.
>>
>>92983317
Barry is best as a mentor in my opinion. When Barry came back I thought it would be Barry/wally team up and I loved that idea
>>
>>92976674
>Robin fans are always in fighting
tt
>>
>>92976674
Robin fans fighting is a more recent occurrence honestly.

Batgirl fans are the ones that are known for non-stop fighting. For the same reason Wally and Barry fans fight too.
>>
>>92983700
batgirl fans shouldn't be infighting they should be complaining to DC about how mediocre the current Babs Batgirl run is
>>
>>92983434
Weird opinion/wishful what-if ahead:

As Barry was the first Flash that actually mattered in-universe, I figured being peer to Supes/Bats/Wondy etc. meant he'd always be THE Flash if he came back. So when he actually did, I was willing to accept him being the "main" Flash but with Wally a clear peer who'd show him the ropes on what he missed.

That way, Barry could be built back up and have his personality expanded upon but in no way would Wally be regulated to the sidelines, since to me he was as important in DC pop culture as Dick Grayson was, so to speak, and with an even more equal relationship to his mentor hero. Hell, I figured in time Wally might get his own book as Barry took back the main Flash title.

How little did I know.
>>
>>92983799
But Babs fans are happy with her current state.
>>
>>92975949
I know there's Bart, but I want a Flash series just named "Final FLASH"
>>
>>92975949

It honestly sucks ass that the Batman family get to have all these solos.

Like seriously, you have at least a dozen comics featuring characters a part of the Batman family. That isn't even fucking counting comics wherein they appear in hero teams like Damian and Nightwing. Nightwing appearing in Titans all the time and having his own solo means you get more of him than the usual comic book character. Shit, Batgirl has literally TWO titles of her own! Fucking Batgirl!

And here we stand... Debating over giving Wally, fucking Wally West, his own damn title. The guy was The Flash for DECADES man. He deserves his own solo and has proven before that he can go solo. Yes, Barry is the main flash now, but Wally is not Barry and could provide a different experience.
>>
Based Priest making Wally shit his pants made posible all this salt.
>>
>>92983434
This only works in a world where they actually reboot. Instead we've got Kyle Rayner and twenty robins still around so Wally fans just get angry that Wally's getting treated specifically as an accessory to Barry while the rest of his generation doesn't have to.

Frankly, it is a waste. Wally's the better character with better stories. Reducing him to being Barry's sidekick again is the epitome of pointless regression. What's the point? To force Wally into a book to make Barry less bad? Why not just give Wally the book then?

It's why Black Wally failed spectacularly, on top of the bad writing. All attaching Wally to Barry as a sidekick does is make people remember that Wally's better and Barry's return ruined him.
>>
>>92983811
>he'd always be THE Flash if he came back
>but in no way would Wally be regulated to the sidelines

This isn't compatible. You can't make Barry THE Flash, setting him up as more important and more relevant, without sidelining Wally. What do you consider sidelining if not pushing Wally out of the way to focus on Barry?
>>
>>92976657

I agree with this actually. Nightwing is just batman lite. Its super dumb that he's in 2 books instead of one and Wally, who has interesting storylines gets hampered by the Titans.
>>
>>92984882
The thing about Nightwing is he can't sell Titans on his own. They've tried it before.

If they gave Wally a solo Titans' sales would plummet. Most people are only reading that book for Wally. Why kill a book for a solo that will probably sell a little less by virtue of not being a team book?
>>
>>92984172
I'm not
>>
>>92983434
Barry is best as a corpse.
>>
>>92982918
They did that. It was awful! Then Bart died. And got better. and de-aged.
>>
>>92985162
Yeah. But that wasn't Bart. That's the main thing about why Bart's short run was so bad. They turned him into a crappier version of Wally.
>>
>>92984732
Actually this is caused by people being diastisfied with the current Quality of Titans and The Flash. Besides the only salt I remember was from priest crying about those meany posters on 4chan calling him a nigger.
>>
>>92984745
It's literally because DC is scared it will confuse casual fans who only know about the TV show. They are scared retards will wonder why a white man is named Wally West.
>>
Doesn't Batman and the Bat Family have like 7 books and Supes 5? The Flash is super popular, why doesn't he get at least another one staring Wally?
>>
>>92985273
Did I miss something?
>>
>>92985615
Priest saw all the threads bashing The Latest superhero Cross over he wrote and complained about it on his blog.
>>
>>92985706
>>92985615
It was a huge shitstorm
>>
>>92985706
I've been off /co/ because I'm so behind on shit.
>>
>>92985750
The cross over was badly written and had characters act out of character like Damian and Wally. It also had Wally semi lose his powers so he is now slower than Barry and Black Wally got kicked off of Teen Titans. Of course this made most of /co/ angry but also gave fuel for shitposters. There were also a bunch of fanboys defending Priest saying he shouldn't expect to know how to write characters that aren't his.
>>
>>92985804
Oh good just as I was starting to warm up to black Wally they fuck him up.
>>
>>92985836
If it means anything Black Wally is going to work for Deathstroke now as a semi side kick in a new team he is building.
>>
>>92985861
ew
>>
>>92985468
Because DC doesn't want to support a character who might take the limelight off Barry. That's literally why they kiboshed Manapul's idea of bringing Wally back ages ago -- the important thing to them is Barry.

DC is an IP farm. Barry is the safer IP they want to promote. The only person who doesn't care about IP farming in a position of power is Johns, so Johns got his big Wally mea culpa and fucked off. Now we get garbage treatment of Wally again while Johns deals with movies.
>>
>>92985938
It's truly amazing. DC is actively going against the fans wishes just because they are scared of how giving Wally any attention might somehow effect if normalfags will see the movie or not. And people wonder why Wally fans are upset.
>>
>>92985315

Not just the tv show but eventually the movie. They all have the name Barry.
>>
>>92983434
Even then, White Wally seemed like he was a better mentor than Barry to Black Wally.
>>
>>92986235
They interacted literally once.
>>
>>92975949
Why would they? The entire point of the mini-event involving Deathstroke w/ Speedforce was so that they could nerf Wally, give him a pacemaker and decommission him.
>>
>>92986299
You're pretty stupid if you think this is anything but a temporary holding pattern until Rebirth ends.
>>
>>92985836
To be fair, black Wally always was a fuck up. The problem is that he is also acting like everything is everyone else's fault when even he admits he fucked up big time. It's not out of character but it does make it hard to like him.
>>
>>92976386
>Nearly every Titans story is now revolved around Wally
>It's literally Wally West and friends
>Wallyfags are still angry
They never learn. I hope they enjoy that big twist at the end of the Deathstroke Arc
>>
>>92986299
>Why would they
Because it would sell well and make DC money.
>>
>>92986484
You dumb nigger, that is the issue. Read the OP. Every story being revolved around Wally hurts the other characters, not only that but it hurts Wally of being able to progress since they have to "balance" him so he isn't far stronger than the rest of the team.
>>
File: wack a flash.png (76KB, 240x279px) Image search: [Google]
wack a flash.png
76KB, 240x279px
>>92986491
And outshine Barry? Are you out of your mind?
>>
>>92986528
Why don't they just write Barry better? Besides, it's not like the other Green lanterns hurt Hal.
>>
>>92986484
Why are you upset that a team book can't actually have the time to develop their team members?
Also Wally up until recently was literally the most powerful speedster in the DC Universe. Making bullshit excuses for why he isn't allowed to ever do anything major or why he can't hang out with his best buddy in the world Barry Allen was bullshit. Also Titans has shit art and meh writing.
>>
>>92986551
>Besides, it's not like the other Green lanterns hurt Hal.
Can't hurt Hal when most of them were reduced to living in Hal's shadow. Guy? Had his own book previously before being reduced to a supporting character in Hal's book. Kyle? Had his own book previously and was a god before being reduced to a supporting character in Hal's book. John? A supporting character in Hal's book. Jessica and Simons? They are failures that could never hurt Hal. Guy and Kyle were the only threats and were neutered as a result.
>>
>>92985023

Tbh I don't think Nightwing can sell his own book. Maybe they should just turn solo Nightwing into Brave and the Bold?
>>
>>92986623
Never read GL. Is it true that Kyle is better than Hal?
>>
>>92986623
I knew this would happen once DC tried making movies to copy Marvel. All those drones hyping up the DC movies and all it did was create a few shit movies (I don't know if WW is good or not) and hurt DC comics.
>>
>>92986658
No. He's just different. Then again I liked Parallax Hal best so my tastes aren't with the majority's.
>>
File: 1344854340330.jpg (1MB, 2560x1969px) Image search: [Google]
1344854340330.jpg
1MB, 2560x1969px
>>92986658
>Never read GL. Is it true that Kyle is better than Hal?
Don't be foolish.
>>
>>92986638

No I dont want Dickfags complainig
>>
>>92986931
As if fags need an excuse around here.
>>
>>92986484
That's the problem you ingrate. The Titans aren't Wally's supporting cast. Wally has his own fucking supporting cast.

If it was a Wally solo half the pages wouldn't be dedicated to how fucked up Donna's life is or how sad Lilith is about brain powers.
>>
>>92986598
Dick is Wally's best friend. Barry is his dad.
>>
>>92987207
This. Both parties are hurt in this situation.

Also flash fans are hurt because they have to deal with the mediocrity of Flash rebirth without getting an option for another speedster book.
>>
>>92976657
>Nightwing
>Dick Grayson. THE Robin.The Sensational Character Find of 1940. Starred in countless live action, animated, and video game adaptations over his 75+ year character history
>unknown bat kid

That's funny.
>>
>>92986638
>I don't think Nightwing can sell his own book
Then you have no knowledge of Nightwing
>>
File: superiorwally.jpg (58KB, 564x860px) Image search: [Google]
superiorwally.jpg
58KB, 564x860px
>>92975949
They should've brought back Wally like this.
>>
>>92976014
Because Barry is more popular than Wally. And we don't need another story rehash.
>>
>>92987818

/thread
>>
File: iris2.jpg (67KB, 568x600px) Image search: [Google]
iris2.jpg
67KB, 568x600px
>>92987656
You could just age up his daughter. She's just a girl version of him anyhow.
>>
>>92987818
Wally was more popular than Barry and they replaced Wally and killed him off for Barry's sake.

Also all Barry Allen is capable of is boring rehashes. Half of his return comics are just aping Wally.
>>
>>92985938
>Barry is the safer IP

For what purpose? It's not like Bruce vs Terry where one is obviously more well known. Most normes just know him as the flash
>>
>>92987624

I dont know where this Nightwing doesnt sell crap has come from lately?
>>
>>92987818
>And we don't need another story rehash.

> Entire Williamson run is Geoff Johns rehash

anon, at least try to read comics.
>>
>>92987818
>More popular
That is literally because he was pushed more.
>Don't need another story rehash
Which The Flash has been since Nu52
>>
>>92988236
>/thread
Maybe you should read the thread.
>>
>>92987818
>The current flash is more popular than the previous flash that isn't the main character any more
OH MY GOD WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED?
>>
File: Deathstroke-Rebirth-1-variant.jpg (793KB, 900x1384px) Image search: [Google]
Deathstroke-Rebirth-1-variant.jpg
793KB, 900x1384px
i dont want to make a new thread but this is somewhat related.

i dont really understand the love for deathstroke rebirth. it's extremely confusing and i cant really follow anything. all the stories and plotlines seem to start and resolve without me knowing what even happened.
what the fuck happened with clock king and the other deathstroke?
why was batman and robin even in this book?
does any of this get explained beyond volume 1?
>>
>>92989642
I would answer your question but I feel the exact same way
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.