[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Considering Wonder Woman's success, there will definitely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

File: tumblr_mif168anPs1r6u65zo1_1280.jpg (320KB, 826x1120px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mif168anPs1r6u65zo1_1280.jpg
320KB, 826x1120px
Considering Wonder Woman's success, there will definitely be a whole slew of books and movies starring DC's female characters.

Poison Ivy, Catwoman, and Harley are already huge, but now DC needs to elevate some more names for movies. Knowing this, how would you push

>Cheetah
>Giganta
>Killer Frost
>Star Sapphire
>Livewire

to prep them for movie debuts and eventual solo stardom?
>>
>>92968583
>Killer Frost

A Sandman movie
>>
>>92968672
EVERY TIME
>>
Well I haven't seen WW yet, so I don't know how well this would fit, but Cheetah would be the villain for WW 2. She's a D.C. aristocrat and an ecology-loving archeologist. Her split personalities would be the result of the pressures of all her careers and how the world is keeping her down. Kind of a Black Swan type thing. She cracks and becomes Cheetah, but over time controls herself more and becomes a more sympathetic "fun to hate them" villain. Giganta is a meek scientist on her crew, and Cheetah's wild and more realized attitude spurs her to try some strange experiments in the post-credit sequence that'll make her feel like a "bigger presence..."
>>
>>92968583
>slew of books and movies starring DC's female characters
Please no.
>>
>>92968583
The success is manufactured. It will not be sustainable. But we will have to put up with years of feminist bullshit
>>
>>92970053
>>92970017

Fuck yeah conservabros. This is why I support based Marvel. They hate vaginas as much as I do.
>>
>>92968583
Powergirl/Huntress
Birds of Prey
Savage Hawkgirl
>>
I'm curious to see who will take over the ongoing after the filler arc
>>
>>92970119
Scott Snyder ??
>>
>>92970114
Birds of Prey are gonna be in the Gotham City Sirens movie.
>>
File: 1495120575624.jpg (39KB, 400x310px) Image search: [Google]
1495120575624.jpg
39KB, 400x310px
>>92970092
>support based Marvel
>Supporting a company that done "How's my Feminist Agenda" shit.
>>
>>92968583
Are we talking upping their credentials as popular villains or are you talking about turning them into heroes?
>>
>>92970265
Either. Just increasing their impact and visibility in the universe.
>>
>>92968701
Buck up Lenny they replaced her with you in Injustice 2.
>>
Personally I see Livewire, perhaps Volcana, getting a push after Killer Frost loses steam. Cheetah is definitely starring in the WW sequel, maybe even Giganta for supporting role. Actually come to think of it, Giganta might get a push in Wondy's book considering she hasn't done all that much
>>
>>92970191
> "how's my feminist agenda" in the comics
> 0 female led films in the marvel cinematic universe
>>
>>92970114
>Birds of Prey
Ideal line up is Barbara(Oracle), Dinah, and Helena as mains, Zinda, Holly and Dawn as secondaries.

>>92970361
>Wonder Rogues getting a push
Please. I need it.
>>
>>92970420
Learn to distinguish Marvel Studios from Marvel Comics.
>>
File: tumblr_ww20_sssv.jpg (909KB, 1893x1404px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ww20_sssv.jpg
909KB, 1893x1404px
>>92970361
>its a livewirefag episode

You post this all the time. Frost has been around since the fucking seventies so you're gonna be waiting a long time for her to "lose steam," especially since they've doubled down on adding her to their list of iconic villains.

When is the last time Livewire appeared in anything? When is the last time Volcana appeared after the Superman cartoon?
>>
>>92970352
Yeah but they replaced him with her in the Flash TV show.
>>
>>92970488
>When is the last time Volcana appeared after the Superman cartoon?
Thought she had a cameo on JLU.
>>
>>92970488
Volcana was just a random pick considering they've done jack shit with her. Livewire on the other hand has appeared on the Supergirl show a few times. Why do you think Frost got the push? Because they were catering to casuals/CW Flash faggots
>>
>>92970265
For Cheetah I'd drop Rucka's retcons and go with an upper crust bitch fully capable of throwing down with the best of them. Kinda like a harder edged Emma Frost.

Giganta was in a pretty good place post-Infinite Crisis so something of a return to that form. Have her be something of a "regular joe" type villain, the kind you'd see yourself having a beer with even if she's almost killed you a couple of times. Most importantly she needs more appearances that aren't just Giganta shows up! Giganta gets knocked on her ass in six panels!

Killer Frost already has a pretty strong push going on right now.

Star Sapphire really needs something to define her conceptually. Going on the BDSM and love themes as a villain you could do a sort of "benevolent dictatorship" deal while if you wanted a hero you could play up the underlying sexuality to the superhero genre. Either way you'd need a writer who is well-versed in sexual politics and capable of being subtle and an artist who can do sexy while still keeping it tasteful and restrained.

Livewire really just needs to show up more often. The Bad Girl genre being dead means that her crass attitude can stand out more. Give her a little bit of a tsundere streak and I think she'd work out just fine.
>>
>>92970488
>When is the last time Livewire appeared in anything?
Batgirl comic and the Supergirl shoe
>>
>>92970488
>Frost has been around since the fucking seventies

Not the current one.

IIRC, in comics Livewire's last appearance was in Batgirl during DCYou, and she's a recurring villain on Supergirl.
>>
Powergirl
Fire
Ice
>>
>>92971267
Power Girl has too much continuity baggage to really go A-list. As for Fire and Ice:

>one's a sultry Brazilian sexpot
>the other's a cheerful Norwegian girl next door
>together they have sexy crime fighting adventures

The story is ambiguous as to whether or not Fire has a penis.
>>
>>92968583

Cheetah for next WW for sure, heck not following any of the movie's coverage I was hoping she'd appear. But Dr. Poison worked just fine.

I'd say Starfire and Raven should get some kind of non-TT chance like Cyborg. If for some reason we never get a Teen Titans movie.
>>
File: leopard_woman.jpg (42KB, 370x521px) Image search: [Google]
leopard_woman.jpg
42KB, 370x521px
>>92973411
Would Cheetah be done with makeup......or dare I say CGI?
>>
File: cyclone-jsa_80_page_giant_pg_39.jpg (114KB, 512x800px) Image search: [Google]
cyclone-jsa_80_page_giant_pg_39.jpg
114KB, 512x800px
>>92968583
Why is it that WW and villains are the only female DC characters anyone seems to care about.
>>
>>92973496
They do this on a TV show budget. I can't even think of an example of a decent fully furred face that has been done practically and retains notable human features.
>>
>>92973575
She's the largest solo female property.
>>
File: 0812-pota4.jpg (88KB, 1274x548px) Image search: [Google]
0812-pota4.jpg
88KB, 1274x548px
>>92973708
Not on TV.
But Rick Baker pulled it off in the Tim Burton version of Planet of the Apes. It can be done. And unlike the movie, he wouldn't need to pull it off with hundreds if actors, just Cheetah herself.
>>
>>92973796
Well yea, I get Wonder Woman. I can even understand Harley Quinn because of sales But the thought that people would prefer resurgence of Killer Frost or Giganta or even Poison Ivy instead of any of the actual heroes in DC just doesn't sit right with me.
>>
>>92968583
So basically the Marvel approach of "It worked one time so let's do it to death and wonder why it doesn't work anymore"
>>
>>92968583
Chetah usually looks so silly, but here she looks awesome.
>>
>>92968732
Why not both
>>
>>92968701
hows killer frost an endless, when did this happen? her name doesn't even start with the letter D
>>
>>92974017
The D is silent
>>
>>92973992
>a fucking fur coat and hat
>awesome
she's an eyesore
>>
File: Beast.jpg (59KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Beast.jpg
59KB, 640x360px
>>92973814
Not exactly what I mean. This and Beast from X3 and Beast from new class and forward leaves an area around the face free of fur for the expressions to show through better. It's great prosthetics but the face is clear of any actual fur. It's almost always an exaggerated Mutton chops look. Where as Cheetah (fully transformed version) has a face covered in fur like >>92973708. And that is the only time I've seen it done reasonably well.
>>
File: kelsey-grammer-x-men.jpg (43KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
kelsey-grammer-x-men.jpg
43KB, 300x400px
>>92974114
I meant first class
>>
>>92968732
Nah, Barbara Minerva as WW's best friend/secret lover turned jealous rival would be more interesting. Basing the movie on their relationship just like Steve/Diana was the core relationship in the first movie. It'd also be interesting to have it be a manhunt style movie with WW tracking Cheetah all over the globe trying to stop the killing spree she goes on to appease her goddess.
>>
>>92974017
But everyone wants to give her the D
>>
>>92970053
It is not. the movie is good. SJWism is just a boost.
>>
>>92973575
I didn't know Wendy's mascot was a Wonder Woman villain.
>>
>>92973575
Hey I love me some Cyclone. Hopefully we get more JSA in the Arrowverse and she makes an appearance.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.