[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I stopped watching Steven universe sometime around season 2 when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
I stopped watching Steven universe sometime around season 2 when every episode became about some random character I didn't give a shit about and the plot stopped advancing. Did this ever change? Did they ever identify why corrupted gems kept coming to earth? Did they ever leave the planet?

The anime references and powers were pretty cool,like I was watching a western magical boy series. When it started getting literally the same problems long running anime series has with characters becoming too moe/flanderized and also episodes being filler it was time to stop.

Do I come back and start watching again?
>>
>>92947214
You could just watch the show and find out, you clearly don't have anything better to do with your time OP.
>>
>>92947214
Seems the show is recovering pretty well lately, but you know what why don't you go continue to watch and see if you could enjoy it again?

S4 was the most meh season so far,
but not as bad as some are overreacting.
It was more like the calm before the storm.
And we're definitely in that storm now.
>>
I think the show is getting better again but at the same time it's feeling rushed
>>
>>92948026
>Too many towny episodes
>not enough towny episodes

Make up your fucking mind
Just giving you shit, I know what you mean, somewhat. Though I'd rather it be rushed than have inane actionless schlockfests that townie episodes have been for the last two and a half seasons.
>>
http://graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt3061046

I think this sums it up pretty well. Quality goes all over the place but it's clearly gotten more consistently good just in the last few episodes.
>>
>>92947214
Yeah, I'd say the plot has advanced since season 2
>>
>>92947214
>did they identify why the corrupt gems
yes
>did they ever leave the planet
yes, but never for more than like 3-4 episodes at a time
>>
>>92948079
lion 4 is way higher than i'd expect
>>
>>92948198
Lion 4 wasn't awful. It is higher than it deserves though.
>>
>>92948488
Lion 4 was complete trash
>>
>>92948513
Meh, season four had much worse episodes than it.

Doug out
New Crystal Gems
Rocknaldo
Onion fucking gang
Hell, even Future boy Zoltron wasn't strictly better than it. At least Lion 4 had a bit of character development.
>>
>>92947214
It got worse. It slowed to a near halt for half a season, twice. I could very easily write a couple paragraphs to get you up to speed on the important stuff.
>>
>>92948669
Towny/cool down episodes should happen ever once in awhile, the plot shouldn't screech to a halt for ten episodes because sucrose doesn't understand story pacing.
>>
>>92948585
I know, it's just that season 4 has so many undesirable episodes, and lion 4 falls in as one of them.
>>
>>92948712
Reminder she had her FRIENDS writing episodes, with no structure or reason. Just for fun. This wasn't a project for her, this was funposting.

Reminder Sucrose was the best then worst thing to happen to the show... and origin of it.
>>
>>92948730
>Had the Zoo arc and the Abducted arc
>Had a couple of very good standalones
>rest of the season is almost entirely garbage
Jesus. Even the towny droughts in the older seasons were at least decent episodes on their own.
>>92948773
Not surprised in the least. What is with tumblrinas and treating their professions as elaborate hobbies that also give them money.
>>
>>92948079
Looking at this makes me realize that season 1 is still the best season overall.
>>
>>92948585
>character development.
>an event happend to a character, therefore its character development

It didn't develop shit man
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>>92947214
Just fucking watch it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.