[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone shits on this guy, but I have yet to see someone show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 26

File: Steven_Shield_WD.png (45KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
Steven_Shield_WD.png
45KB, 270x270px
Everyone shits on this guy, but I have yet to see someone show a 14 year old in fiction that did a better job under the kind of circumstances he has been under.
>>
>>92946844
Aang.
>>
Aang was 12
>>
Ben 10 is 10 right?
>>
>>92946860
Aang wasn't a retard though so that doesn't matter to /co/
>>
>>92946844
Aang was born with a lot of responsibilities and dealt with some of the mistakes of his past lives and pressure to live up to,and that's not including all the shit he went through over all 3 seasons
>>
>>92946844
>14
You telling me this is supposed to be a highschooler?
>>92946868
Ben 10 when he was one year older than Steven did way more shit than him
>>
>>92946999
>You telling me this is supposed to be a highschooler?
Steven is totally uneducated. Never been to school.
>>
Katara
>>
File: Kingdom Diamonds.png (203KB, 529x536px) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom Diamonds.png
203KB, 529x536px
>>92946844
Sora. Steven didn't even know how to use his keyblade.
>>
Danny Phantom.
>>
Jake Long
>>
Jack Jack
>>
>>92946844
Any of the Robins
>>
Finn the Human before he turned into a bitch for 3 years. He was roughly the same age during his best years, though.
>>
>>92946999
>You telling me this is supposed to be a highschooler?
He would be if he ever went to school. He didn't even know what school was until Connie mentioned it to him. He didn't even know what a library was.

Which is confusing considering all of the goddamn TV he watches.
>>
File: Double_foyer_090.jpg (54KB, 565x455px) Image search: [Google]
Double_foyer_090.jpg
54KB, 565x455px
>>
File: 112.jpg (60KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
112.jpg
60KB, 900x900px
>>92946865
>>
>>92946860
>>92946865
Aang had the wisdom of like a million ancient powerful ghosts at his beck and call plus his biggest conflict in the end was handwaved away, just brushed away by godly power out of nowhere.
>>
>>92946844
Goku. A retarded alien who has to deal with the problems his parents left him? Yeah, he did most of it when he was an adult, but as a child, he still did more than crying universe.
>>
File: Eva027.jpg (32KB, 298x223px) Image search: [Google]
Eva027.jpg
32KB, 298x223px
He manages to make this dude look masculine in comparison.
>>
>>92946844
Harry Potter
>>
We're talking cartoons here, every preteen or early teen just wisecracks and punches their problems away because it is stupid wishfulfillment for children and manchildren.
>>
>>92946844

yugo
>>
>>92946999
this is a half human hybrid raised by 3 dysfunctional aliens and whose mother is an intergalactic war criminal, not a spunky 10 10 year old with a magic watch
>>
File: Wakfu-yugo.jpg (91KB, 700x980px) Image search: [Google]
Wakfu-yugo.jpg
91KB, 700x980px
>>92946844
>>
File: tmp_17964-1496449449110351606507.png (783KB, 879x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_17964-1496449449110351606507.png
783KB, 879x1000px
>>92946844
Morty.
>gets dragged in all kinds of shit
>doesn't become a crying pussy like Stephano

And you can bet your ass if Steven and him switched places, he'd be ramming Connie.
>>
>>92947907
OP said in all of fiction, so books & TV are open to discussion.
>>
>>92947839
Aang went through a lot without the past lives to assist him though,roku wasn't there when he found te corpses of his fellow nomads,roku wasn't there when Aang fled his people or was confronted about it,wasn't there when he when he almost lost katara to that crazy general,burnt katara,lost Appa,nearly died,failed invasion etc
>>
>>92947958
He's a fucking god, that doesn't count.
>>
File: gohan.jpg (67KB, 271x499px) Image search: [Google]
gohan.jpg
67KB, 271x499px
>>92946844
DODGE
>>
>>92947985
Morty cries, bitches, and complains all the fucking time. He is pretty competent when he taps into to his sperg powers though.
>>
>>92948108
Steven isn't an ordinary fat kid himself.
>>
>>92947769
This list of cartoon protagonists who are younger and yet significantly more mature than Steven is staggering

I mean he's supposed to be the same age as beast boy and omly a year or two behiind the others
>>
>>92948069
Not to mention Katara is the same age as Steven in the first two seasons
Also the biggest mind fuck:

STEVEN IS THE SAME FUCKING AGE AS AZULA

That fat fat is literally retarded.
>>
>>92947985
Morty is easily a much bigger bitch in all respects who are you kidding.
His greatest power is throwing a violent tantrum.
>>
>>92948250
But he's nothing even close to as powerful as what Yugo is.
Yugo is closer to a Goku-type character than Steven.
>>
I want to say Star Butterfly, but she's kind of a fuckup despite her immense power. Not a season goes by without her fucking up royally, so I guess that's one for Steven.
>>
>>92948149
>both half alien
>both half human
>both have super powers
And yet one is amazing and one is a birch. I wonder why that is.
>>
>>92947876
Nah, it's the other way around still, sadly.
>>
File: Yamcha'd.png (204KB, 323x348px) Image search: [Google]
Yamcha'd.png
204KB, 323x348px
>>92948684
Because one is written by the Japanese, who have so effectively built an entire culture around suppressing emotional displays and intimate connections (in favor of being a productive cog in society) that they can barely get their own population to reproduce.
>>
>>92948758
Name a single moment in which Steven displays aspects of masculinity.

Hard Mode: the birthday episodes don't count
>>
>>92948807
I guess that makes sense. Steven's father is a deadbeat so being an emotional waste of space that never contributes to society is just part of his genes
>>
>>92948809
I mean, that's a vague request because manliness is so weird to define depending on who asks... but here goes

>When he first summons his shield against Lapis and demands an end to the conflict
>When he refuses to back down despite Lapis pleading with him to surrender to Homeworld
>When he jumps in front of the ship's canons to shield the gems
>When he sacrifices himself to make sure the humans/gems are safe from Aquamarine

>>92948886
>Ten million dollar deadbeat
>>
>>92946844
At least a quarter of the main protagonists in the Redwall series, because a quarter of the main protagonists in the Redwall series are 14 years or less.
>>
>>92948684
>>92948807
I think it's more that they're both brought up with different ideals to follow. Gohan went on a classic Monomyth cycle during the Saiyan arc where the key development to his character was being able to overcome his fears and face his enemies just as the adult Z fighters do. He's faced hardships at a direct personal level as well, many of the fights that happen involve him at the forefront rather than staying in the sidelines or as backup. He had to learn to be strong, and how to use that strength for good purposes, because even though Goku, Piccolo, Krilin, etc. are there fighting with him he knows he can't rely on them to protect him at the same time. Compare that to how Steven is taught and trained by the people around him..
>>
>>92949150
To be fair though, DBZ should never be taken as a realistic approach.

Gohan had to deal with his dad dying (and being abducted) at the age of four. Then he was put through intense training with almost no affection (at least initially) til the age of five. Then he watched almost everyone he knew die.

Then he had to go into space, and fight space Hitler. Then deal with his father putting the fate of the entire planet on his shoulders when he is like 11 or something.

It makes just as much sense as 17 being able to stand up to Goku in SSB... but there ya go.
>>
>>92949297
>To be fair though, DBZ should never be taken as a realistic approach.
I supposed Steven Universe is more realistic than DBZ then?
Why does it even matter if it's realistic or not, this whole discussion is about how OP is a complete faggot for not seeing how poor a character Steven is now that people are throwing numerous examples of fictional pre-teen boys doing greater things than he has up to this point while also being less of a bitch he has always been. Nobody is talking about whether or not Steven's handling is realistic except for what you're implying by that post.
>>
>>92949420
It's always an implied that realism is an sort of important in a comparison of emotional maturity.

I could write a character who watched his mother and father die, trained in martial arts for decades, then learned every branch of science to get revenge, and then with nothing more than some gadgets and his natural training is able to stand up to physical gods and stand above them at times. I could then point to other characters the same age and go "haha what pussies".

The fact that my character would be unrealistic as fuck makes it an inherently unfair comparison.
>>
>>92949618
Holy shit autocorrect on that first sentence, sorry for that.

>It's always implied that realism is sort of important in a comparison of emotional maturity.
>>
>>92949618
>"It's okay if Steven is a fucking pussy, he's actually better than every single example /co/ has posted so far because 'muh realism' and 'muh fee-fees'"
So you're just a faggot from r/steven
>>
>>92949679
Nah man (fucking gross), just that context matters.

I'm not claiming he's better, just that in the style of show he has and given the universe he lives in, he's done some fairly "manly" stuff.
>>92948958
>>
>>92948807
>yfw you realize Gohan is Steven's absolute opposite.

>Hides his emotions, his entire character story is about him getting them under control and eventually focusing them towards fighting
>Is not allowed to be a free spirit, forced to study and become a productive cog
>father never there for him
>mother there too much
>>
>>92950156
The strength and flight (and ki blasts) would be nice, but it'd be a shit life. Senzu beans can't heal emotional damage.

I kinda like the DBZ Abridged take, where they have him exhibit some of the emotional strain and complexes he'd probably get.
>>
File: 1495381988254.png (273KB, 770x270px) Image search: [Google]
1495381988254.png
273KB, 770x270px
>>92947876
>inb4 "shinji's a big baby" faggots

Ikari went through literally as much emotional trauma as humanly possible, and he cried exactly two times. For god's sake, there's an episode where they tell him to get OUT of the robot, and he doesn't.

Sure, he ran away two times, but him pussying out is actually executed in a realistic manner. Shinji is a complete emotional wreck, but it's shown in actual ways that don't consist of having him cry every other episode like a fucking child.
>>
>>92950330
>I'm so fucked up

Some people cry a lot in real life anon. Some people don't. Some people deal with their issues. Others have to bottle them up and turn into complete emotional wrecks with massive complexes.

Steven mostly deals with his emotional hang ups. He's a crier, but he's actually dealt with his problems for the most part.
>>
>>92946844

>14 year old

Didn't he stop aging at the age of 11? And when he tried to fix that, his body returned the favour by making him a baby again?

Considering circumstances, only Aang and Les Enfants Terribles had a worse gig than he did. His existance is literally the epicentre of a planet busting space race's civil war, because all it's members think he's his mum.

His mum also took the blame for one of the most prolific war crimes of said war, despite it becoming increasingly unlikely that a) she did it or b) it even occurred to the extenet witnesses claim. Shit's got Prisoner of Azkaban written all over it. That's got to confuse your feelings a little bit.

Imagine being John Lennon's kid, and reading up on how big of a shithead he was to people before he went full hippie.
>>
>>92950375
>he's a crier

See, the point is that Shinji (not) dealing with his emotional issues in the way that he does is much more interesting and actually watchable than Steven, who comparatively starts sobbing every fucking time something bad happens.

So, yeah, sure, it's realistic, I'll give you that much. But, just like in real life, someone constantly crying is fucking annoying. Please write your character's ways of dealing with their emotional hangups in a better way.
>>
>>92950576
Yeah, but Steven's powers are emotion based. He's going to be like that. Also, even if it is a little heavy handed, I'm fine with characters outwardly showing emotion in shows.

I can't tell you how many men (not just 20-30 year olds, but in their 40s) I've seen come in who have emotional hang ups that they feel like they can't express. Men are shit at emotions, we just like to do "hurr durr men are rational" and bury it, but then have to deal with the fallout of being closed off.
>>
>>92950427
He stopped aging physically at like age 9. This is going to be a problem in a couple of years when Connie begins to get a sex drive.
>>
>>92950745
>yeah, but steven's powers are emotion based

They wrote him like that, so they get to suffer the inevitable backlash that comes from having your character be an incessant crybaby.

>i'm fine with characters outwardly showing emotion in shows

Who isn't? Crying is sacred. It's something that occurs when someone is in the pits of despair and can't find a solution, or get out, or really do anything about it at all. Abusing crying is, subsequently, cardinal sin in your writing, because you just locked yourself out of tugging at anyone's heartstrings when your audience is so fucking used to your characters bawling that they don't give a shit about it at best, and are annoyed by it at worst.

>I can't tell you how many men (not just 20-30 year olds, but in their 40s) I've seen come in who have emotional hang ups that they feel like they can't express. Men are shit at emotions, we just like to do "hurr durr men are rational" and bury it, but then have to deal with the fallout of being closed off.

I could give less of a shit if crying is healthy. A lot of crying is annoying. Do you remember a particularly bad day as a little kid where you'd cry for a really long amount of time, and your parents went from trying to comfort you to just trying to get you to be quiet? We're the parents when we watch Steven bawl his eyes out constantly.

If you want to hit some emotional beats by having your character cry at a particularly low point? Sure! If you want to reuse crying to the point where your audience is completely desensitized to it? Please take a writing class.
>>
>>92951028
>t. male who equates stoicism with manliness

Also, you're too full of yourself. You've bought into the idea that men don't show emotion. Steven IS constantly in situations where he can't find solutions or is emotionally overwhelmed. Just don't watch the show if you don't like it, that's fine... but it's not because it's a bad thing. It's just not in line with the stoicism you happen to like.
>>
>>92951276
>You've bought into the idea that men don't show emotion.

Uh, no?

>It's just not in line with the stoicism you happen to like.

But I don't. I like people (and characters) showing their emotions, you retard. It's human. There's a difference between liking stoicism and disliking someone crying all the goddamn time.

>Steven IS constantly in situations where he can't find solutions or is emotionally overwhelmed.

Gee, then I guess they shouldn't have written Steven as a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve then, huh? If you write your character to be overly sensitive and then put him in a bunch of sensitive situations, that's all on you, baby.

>t. male who equates stoicism with manliness

Why do you keep looking into something when there's nothing to look into? Too much crying is annoying and desensitizes your audience to an otherwise extremely effective way of showing your character in a depressed emotional state. Too much crying is poor writing.
>>
>>92951533
>Uh, no?

Yeah, really though. You're American, right? It's culturally ingrained. You've put crying on this emotional pedestal. For you (as you've already stated) crying is sacred.

It really isn't. From your perspective, crying is private and limited. Just like how strict religious/celibate people have a much different view of the sacredness of sex compared to people who are getting it constantly, you have a "sacred"/"limited" view of crying. That it cheapens it. That it is annoying. That it's an expression of weakness.

Also, stop referring to me like I wrote SU.
>>
>>92950830
wow this show is going to have a cuck arc
>>
>>92951756
>"Actually, it takes a lot of bravery to be a cuck"
>>
>>92946844
Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
>>
>>92946844
I'd have no problem Steven being homeschooled and therefore approaches things differently than others but the gems don't teach him anything. He just sat at home for like 10 years never asking a single question. He's a nice kid but definetly neglected.
>>
File: 11640490._SX540_.png.jpg (82KB, 540x387px) Image search: [Google]
11640490._SX540_.png.jpg
82KB, 540x387px
>>92946844
By age fourteen, Scrooge Mcduck had worked as a deckhand on a steamboat and was just beginning his career as a cowboy. Oh! And by Steven's age, he was buds with Theodore fucking Roosevelt and had crossed paths with Buffalo Bill and Geronimo. All with nothing but some common sense and the infamous temper of the McDuck clan. Steven can't even stand up to that.
>>
>>92946844
you know, there are reasons you could complain about steven, but all any 12 year old asshole on /co/ can do is say pussy like it's a magic spell to make people give a shit.
>>
>>92951649

>your entire post

All you did was state that I regard crying as special, in which case, congratulations on repeating the exact thing I stated over a whole paragraph.

>Yeah, really though.

See, if you said "you've bought into the idea that crying is sacred" then your reply would make sense. But, no, you said "You've bought into the idea that men don't show emotion", which is wrong. Emotions are fun. Nobody should like being a rock.

>crying is private and limited.

Well, half right is okay. Showing perceived weakness in front of others is more a sign of strength, so I really don't see the problem in occasionally letting it all out to those close to you.

But, yeah, it should be limited, because when someone cries a lot, we get desensitized to the emotional value of it, and then it gets annoying, and we eventually just want them to be quiet.

Just like how Steven crying a lot is really annoying by this point, and how a large portion of the audience thinks the same! Isn't it weird how we keep coming back to constant crying being weak writing? You should probably address that, seeing as how you haven't.
>>
>>92946844

Ender Wiggins.
>>
>>92951979
The majority of the audience doesn't care, or thinks that it's just a quirk. /co/ isn't a good barometer for how the general audience of a show operates.

Can't speak for the other guy, but it's not annoying at all. It just is. The show even pokes fun at it.
>>
>>92952224
Well, I'm not gonna say that /co/ is a good measure for how the general population thinks, but they're certainly a good portion.
>>
File: 1472208052046.jpg (116KB, 245x463px) Image search: [Google]
1472208052046.jpg
116KB, 245x463px
Could he defeat Steven?
>>
Dipper
>>
>>92952224
Also, the only point I've been trying to make this entire time is that consistent crying reduces the actual emotional value of said crying to near-nothing. I mean, come on, if you're at the point where you can make fun of someone crying a lot, you messed up.
>>
>>92952255
Nah, we're really skewed towards male, 20-30 year olds who have unironically jacked off to children's cartoon characters consistently for the last 5 years.

Also, it's not that great a sample size.
>>
>>92952347
It's certainly not massive, but I feel like it meets the criteria for "good".

Also, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that /co/ isn't the only notable group of people who find Steven's incessant crying to be annoying.
>>
>>92952287
How does it reduce it?

The emotional value of the event is unchanged. If you get annoyed by crying (seriously?) I guess that can make it less so for you personally, but the event still happened. If a toddler cries in front of me because he didn't get his juice, it has no emotional impact on me. If a war veteran stares solemnly on while visiting the graves of his fallen comrades, I get choked up.

Crying is just how Steven expresses himself, but I don't get how it "cheapens" the emotions for you. Unless you need like, a cry-track or laugh-track to tell you when to feel things.
>>
>>92950330
>Watching Eva for the first time.
>Haha Shinji is a bitch he's not going to get in the mech.
>He gets in the mech in the very first episode, after not wanting to for very understandable reasons.
>He actually seems to mature and learn to deal with his emotions, while making connections with others, throughout the series.
Fuck weeb memers, Shinji's alright considering he's a kid going through one of the most confusing and emotional stages of his life while also having to pilot a giant robot. Eva is a deconstruction of the giant mech genre, so of course they're going to have him react to shit like a dumb inexperienced kid sometimes, that's part of what makes it a deconstruction.
>>
>>92952412
It's pretty damn skewed, which means that it needs to be massive to be representative.

And yeah, go out on that limb.
>>
>>92952440

>How does it reduce it?

Desensitization, dude. Is it that hard to understand? If I see a war veteran cry every day for weeks on end, then I'm not gonna say that it's not sad, but I'm not gonna be emotionally impacted in the least after enough time's passed.

Same thing with Steven: There's no emotional impact to me when I see him cry, even if the event gives good cause for being sad, because I've seen him cry so much by this point that the action carries no weight to me. It's like walking or talking by now.

And, sure, I personally could not shed a single tear if Steven's crying over the new sad thing of the week, but that's just because the show has had its cast cry so much that it's genuinely impressive if the general audience hasn't been desensitized to it by this point.

>>92952520

If /co/ and only /co/ has a problem with this, then I'd be astonished.
>>
File: Setsuna studies.png (222KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Setsuna studies.png
222KB, 800x450px
>>92946844
Ever watch Mobile Suit Gundam?
>>
>>92948149
Dragonball is trash.
>>
File: 1447666959837.jpg (95KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447666959837.jpg
95KB, 960x720px
>>92952751
Yes
>>
>>92952697
Obviously you'll find some people, but even /co/ doesn't really have that much of a problem with it.

The show is pretty popular here. The reason there are restrictions on generals is because it would overwhelm the rest of the board. You get contrarian stuff like "le crying gem meymey" just like how you get contrarian posting on every popular show. It's louder than those who don't care, but that's how all fandoms on here are.
>>
>>92952780
>SU is trash
ftfy
>>
>>92952697
You seemed to miss what I'm saying. The emotional impact for me isn't ever the crying, it's the context.

The emotional response you get seeing someone crying is just like... the knee jerk response as far as emotions go. I don't get sad when I see people cry in real life, I get concerned for them, and then follow up. My emotional investment (whatever it is) in the show is based on what leads up to the crying, never the crying itself.
>>
>>92952800
Not the biggest fan of ZZ, but I really dug how Judau just went "fuck all of you, I'm going to Jupiter" at the end of it.

>>92952830
SU >>>>>>> DB Super
>>
File: Joris Serious.webm (3MB, 1280x690px) Image search: [Google]
Joris Serious.webm
3MB, 1280x690px
Aang
Yugo
Joris
Ben Tennyson

A slew of others because "12-15 year old boy protagonist" is an insanely common archetype.
>>
>>92952873
My bad, man. The context can, and has, made me choke up on a good many occasions. What I'm trying to say is that the crying itself should work as a double whammy to the situation.

A GREAT example of this is the part where Vegeta cries after not being able to do shit to Frieza. Was the situation itself depressing? Yes. Did Vegeta crying make the scene twice as heavy? Fuck yes.

Sure, your scene alone can be the main source of depression, but the character crying in response to the situation (which ends up happening anyway, if the scene is sad enough) should contribute just as much to the overall mood and the impact the situation gives you.
>>
>>92948961
I frickin' love Redwall. Taggerung is one of my favorites in the series as well.
>>
File: IMG_1053.jpg (113KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1053.jpg
113KB, 700x394px
Ahem.
>>
>>92952446
This was pretty much my experience as well. I went in with only memes and came out wondering how anyone could hate on Shinji.
>>
>>92950745
If you want to show boys that it's okay to show emotion every now and then and not be emotionless robots, Steven is a terrible example.

They went too far in the opposite direction and made him a blubbering mess 99% of the time. If anything, I think he'd make boys less likely to be more open with feelings considering how much of a bitch Steven is, the opposite of what the Sugar crew wants to do.
>>
>>92953493
I mean, I'm the dude who defended Shinji in the first place, and I hate that guy. He's a GOAT-tier character, sure, but as a human being, he's disgusting.

Of course, that's by EoE. For most of Eva, he's likable, if aggravatingly socially retarded.
>>
>>92946844
Yusuke.
Shonen protagonists in general.
Spike, Chip, and Daniel from the Transformers.
Humans in Transformers in general.
>>
>>92946844
I'm pretty sure Steven is homosexual. No actual man would act like this.
>>
File: 1495580657857.jpg (21KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1495580657857.jpg
21KB, 306x306px
BUT WHERE WILL YOU BE IN 300 YEARS!?
>>
>Kids/teens never written like they're actually kids/teens
>Steven actually is written like a kid
>Everyone hates him
I guess that's why most kid characters are just midget adults.
>>
>>92952261
Serious question. Could SU beat Guts?
>>
>>92954204
All the examples used so far either still act their age or are able to accomplish feats that far surpass what is expected of them at that age. Look at the first series Ben 10, he abuses his powers constantly for personal gain and often treats the whole "saving the day" thing as a kind of game to play. Hell when he went to the future the whole contrast was that his adult self was tight ass workaholic who needed to see kid Ben to show him what he's lost growing up.
>>
>>92954892
Having fun vs working isn't what makes a kid a kid or an adult an adult.
Try talking to an actual 10 year old for 5 minutes and then tell me their remotely like what depicted in cartoons.
>>
>>92953537
>If you want to show boys that it's okay to show emotion every now and then and not be emotionless robots, Steven is a terrible example.
I think this is the wrong way to describe what Steven Universe is teaching boys in general. Sadness and Love aren't the only emotions out there, yet they seem to be the only ones focused on by the show.
If we're talking about shows that encourage boys to show their emotions then we need to look at shows that encourage the display of all of them. Look at Spongebob, EEnE, KND, FOP, ATLA, GAoBaM, PPG, I mean there's a whole fuckload of cartoons you can pick out of just CN and Nick that have characters or stories where letting others see what you are feeling isn't discouraged, yet at the same time some of those same shows also showcase why it's wrong to simply allow yourself to be completely controlled by them.
>>
>>92947790
>>92946865
Ackchyually, Aang is 112 years old
>>
Daily reminder that animu weebshit doesn't count
>>
>>92953401
>no education
>lived underground
>lost his entire family
>lost his surrogate brother
>lost his country and the trust of his people
>lost his wife
>lost everything
>is constantly in a state of terror in the beginning of the series
>still only cries when it really matters
>follows up on one crying scene by busting a fucking hole through a giant robot
>in 26 episodes manages to become the single strongest anything in the fucking universe
yeah i think we have a winner
>>92955657
>in fiction
it counts, nerd. unless you're implying that anime isn't fiction.
you're waifu will never be real anon.
>>
ya'll forgetting spartan IIs from halo
>>
File: pun.png (143KB, 745x543px) Image search: [Google]
pun.png
143KB, 745x543px
Punpun Onodera.
>>
File: IMG_3532.png (3MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3532.png
3MB, 2048x1536px
:vvvv
>>
>>92950830
Fusion is gem sex
>>
>>92954204
No kid, unless raised by a single mother has ever or will ever act like this. And most males raised by single mothers don't even act like that in the first place. There is only one kid in either mine or my child's school that ever acted like Steven. And I moved around a lot. You don't fucking cry when you step in fucking frog juice after a dissection.
>>
>>92956357
>You don't fucking cry when you step in fucking frog juice after a dissection.
No but Steven would
>>
>>92956057
punpun was a goddamn mess of person who actively sabotaged his relationships with people. punpun's life wasn't bad , he made it bad because he liked it being bad

the fucking story ends with him surrounded by friends who love and care for him and this was apparently a worse fate than death the creator could up for him.
>>
File: Knothole_Freedom_Fighters_SatAM.png (2MB, 1022x765px) Image search: [Google]
Knothole_Freedom_Fighters_SatAM.png
2MB, 1022x765px
>>
>>92953612
What exactly makes him more disgusting than anyone else in the show? Other than the fapping thing.
>>
>>92956527
It's the only time I've ever seen an ending that was only "bad" because we (the audience) know how much the protagonist hates it. Anyone else would be so lucky to have an ending like that.
>>
File: Peter-Parker-Spider-Man1 (1).jpg (149KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
Peter-Parker-Spider-Man1 (1).jpg
149KB, 1280x640px
>>92946844
>>
>>92946844
he was even younger than Steven and did a better job
>>
File: Teen_titans.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Teen_titans.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>92946844
These guys
>>
>>92946844
Fucking Shinji did a better job, and he caused the end of the world.
>>
>>92954204
>written like a kid
No, he's written like he's 6 and raised by a single mother when he's supposed to be 14.
>>
>>92946999
>>92947764

He also stopped aging when he was eight.
>>
>>92957820
>is raised by Batman
>becomes mini-Batman

>Steven was raised by people who cry a lot
>he cries a lot
>>
>>92946844
Three alien women and a manchild raised him.
He being a crybaby makes sense when you realize the most image of masculinity on his life comes from Garnet.
>>
>>92958324
>Sees his parents gets killed in front of him
>Is almost immediately adopted by an overfunded vigilante and regularly fights serial killers, gangsters, and even metahumans

>Steven lives an extremely sheltered life with three moms, no real responsibilities, and tons of hand-outs.
>>
>>92954151
Dead, forgotten, if can be proven I existed for a short time, no one would care anyways.
>>
>>92946844
Ya feel like an idiot yet OP?

I mean besides this being obvious bait.
>>
>>92958157
>""single mother""
>>
>>92948886
>implying the first human to ever impregnate an extraterrestrial doesn't get his page in the history books for free
>>
What the fuck is their problem with Steven!? What's their problem?
>>
>>92947865
the nigga murdered a fucking army WHEN HE WAS LIKE 8.

And unlike Steven when Goku cries he gets strong af and murders more things.
>>
>>92954851
Well that depends is Steven trying to convince guts that Griffen did nothing wrong?
>>
>>92958897
Steven stopped a zombie army combined into a doomsday weapon.

And he did it with the power of friendship and bubbles.
>>
>>92959422
Have you considered that's kinda gay thou?
>>
File: 024.jpg (300KB, 1400x2018px) Image search: [Google]
024.jpg
300KB, 1400x2018px
>>92954851
In a fight, I don't think so. Steven doesn't have a strong survival instinct, or the will to kill others. It might be a stalemate if Gutz can't break Steven's bubble. If Guts can break the bubble with a sword or magic, etc.; then Steven is toast. The shield doesn't have enough coverage, Gutz would get around it. But they probably wouldn't fight anyway. Steven might be able to heal (or partially heal) Gutz's curse mark or Casca's mind.
>>
>>92958788
Considering what that made it shouldn't be recorded
>>
>>92957037
Oh come on that doesn't even count, they're fucking animals AND it's a video game IP
>>
>>92955028
>The Point
>
>
>
>
>You
>>
>>92946844
I can name eight at once.

They are called the Digidestined and saved two worlds.
And guess what:

they did the same thing three and seven years later again.
>>
>>92959422
he didn't stop it, he just cut the wire of a bomb. The components of the bomb are still ready to set off if one platonic plate shifts.
>>
>>92946844
people shit on him because you faggots don't keep it in one thread.
>>
>>92947764
the tv he watches seems to primarily be parodies of cartoons aimed at actual children or shounens or literally anything that has no focus on school at all. im sure he saw a show in passing that had school, didnt understand what was happening, lost interest, then switched to crying breakfast friends because he was familiar with it.

he didnt really start reading books until he started hanging out with connie
>>
>pproblems all solved by crying
>gets himself purposefully captured "to protect his friends"
>no way of knowing if his deal will work (it won't, hes just lucky the Diamonds still think the Earth will die from implosion)
>Only way back is leaving the the one friend that got captured with him
>Only way back entails using crying magic passed onto him from his dead mother by accident
He honestly hasn't done shit, literally everything so far has been complete luck and crying, and somehow convincing people into doing shit by crying and talking about feelings. But I will still watch this garbage.
>>
>>92950375
>crying/showing emotion is dealing with issues
No its not, its a emotional response that doesnt do shit, in fact in moments of intense emotional response (fear, sadness) people have difficulty thinking clearly and doing much at all.
Bottling up and getting shit done is just as effective, if not more.
>>
>>92964986
bottling up causes long term problems. the best way to handle things is to go out back, have a quick cry to release the built up stress, then come back with a level head and tackle the problem.

if thats not an option then bottling it up for the time being and crying about it afterward or later suffices. bottling it up all the time just leads to hiccups like topaz almost letting their prisoners escaping because they dont know how to have a quick moment of :'( before or after a mission
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.