[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So weird that Primal and Megatron were originally bat and gator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: beastw5-6.jpg (438KB, 1500x851px) Image search: [Google]
beastw5-6.jpg
438KB, 1500x851px
So weird that Primal and Megatron were originally bat and gator Transformers, especially when you consider the toys for them were mere basics, the smallest class of toy in the line
>>
>>92944722
Ah the earliest of Beast Wars lore such an interesting little microcosm of what might of been (not that I'm complaining about BW ending up being).

Like for example Opti and Megs were considered the originals in new forms.

And the conflict takes place on modern Earth as alluded to in Rex Megs' on box bio that he acquired dino DNA from human labs.
>>
>>92944722
It's weird to me that they revamped the idea only after already producing that two-pack. Love the toys though, they were my first BW figures.
>>
>>92944722
Trukk not flying rat
>>
>>92944722
Well, you have to remember that the tiny Optimus and Megatron were out at the same time as their larger counterparts. Transformers' success has always been in offering multiple different price points with small toys as well as "big ticket" ones; this was just the earliest manifestation of the later "Optimus in every size class" trend.
>>92944978
It's more that they gave the base concept - "robots that turn into animals" - to Mainframe and didn't really give a shit what they did with it. They just changed the direction of the packaging to fit what the TV show was doing.
>>
>>92945140
I wonder whatever happened to all those Mainframe writers and animators, they were really ahead of their time.
>>
>>92945140
>Well, you have to remember that the tiny Optimus and Megatron were out at the same time as their larger counterparts. Transformers' success has always been in offering multiple different price points with small toys as well as "big ticket" ones; this was just the earliest manifestation of the later "Optimus in every size class" trend.

It had actually started in G2 already. The so-called "Hero" versions of Optimus and Megatron were sold alongside the large versions (that would probably be classified as Leaders today).
>>
>>92944722
>Primal and Megatron were originally bat and gator Transformers
Sooo Batman vs Killer Croc.
>>
>>92945140
>It's more that they gave the base concept - "robots that turn into animals" - to Mainframe and didn't really give a shit what they did with it. They just changed the direction of the packaging to fit what the TV show was doing.

Okay, I was under the impression that there was already a Japanese Beast Wars ("Leo Convoy" and all that) and that that preceded the Mainframe version. Am I mistaken about that timeline?
>>
>>92945140
Fascinating, I was unaware of the story there.
>>92945214
G2 had all kinds of weird shit going on, remember the Gobot versions of Prime/Megs that were reused as Spychangers years later? Or the air-pump powered missile launching leaders? I still have that Prime somewhere.
>>
>>92945270
>Or the air-pump powered missile launching leaders?
IIRC, those were the "Hero" versions >>92945214 was talking about.
>>
>>92945267
>Okay, I was under the impression that there was already a Japanese Beast Wars ("Leo Convoy" and all that) and that that preceded the Mainframe version. Am I mistaken about that timeline?

Yup. The American/Mainframe version of Beast Wars came out first.
>>
File: file.png (654KB, 1448x486px)
file.png
654KB, 1448x486px
>>92945411
I had thought the one on the left was "hero prime" but I'm not certain either way.
>>
>>92945638
Second one looks so lame in comparison
>>
>>92945638
The one on the left is Laser Prime.
>>
File: g2prime.jpg (69KB, 572x600px)
g2prime.jpg
69KB, 572x600px
>>92946256
fite me
>>
>>92945267
Well, it was called "Beast Wars II", which should give you a clue.
>>
It's cuz originally they were quad changers: two bit modes, two beast modes.

Mainframe was like "Uh yeah...no."

And that's why the gorilla could fly.
>>
>>92948403
Ok I can kind of vaguely imagine Optimus, but how would you make a purple t rex turn into a green alligator?
>>
>>92949088

Either a purple alligator or a green t-rex. Hopefully the latter.
>>
>>92944964
>Ah the earliest of Beast Wars lore such an interesting little microcosm of what might of been (not that I'm complaining about BW ending up being).
>Like for example Opti and Megs were considered the originals in new forms.
>And the conflict takes place on modern Earth as alluded to in Rex Megs' on box bio that he acquired dino DNA from human labs.
yeah I've been fiddling with a Transformers vs GI Joe concept involving that original pitch for Beast Wars, as well as the two 90's incarnations of GI Joe, Sgt Savage & His Screaming Eagles, and GI Joe Extreme
>>
nah
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.