[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Nintendo doesn't do cartoons anymore? With as much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 31

How come Nintendo doesn't do cartoons anymore? With as much publicity the Wii got and how young kids today still recognize Mario and Luigi, AND the fact they're even getting a theme park soon, why doesn't Nintendo do any deals with CN, Nick or Disney? I mean, there were plenty of Ninty characters in Wreck It Ralph.
>>
>>92941258
Low budget.
>>
Netflix is getting a Castlevania cartoon and DHX Media is doing Mega Man.
>>
Nintendo's been pretty protective of their property for quite a while. Even when stuff like Pikmin or Kid Icarus gets shorts, it's usually distributed by Nintendo themselves.
They have expressed an interest into branching out into film and whatnot, but it'll probably be a while before we see anything and if it ends up on CN, it's definitely get death-slotted
>>
>>92941258
They don't really need them? Cartoons are usually advertisements for the merch. Nintendo already sells shittons of merch.
>>
>>92941258
They have been running Pokemon animated series since 1995 and it is still going.

Plus they had a Kirby one back in 20011-ish,

But Nintendo being as insanely traditionalist as they can fucking be are not fans of any American animated series portraying their properties these days.

But you would think Nintendo which is the only one still trying to maintain the younger kid audience with their games would actually try to market their stuff more like this. Animated shows grab a lot of younger audiences to their properties.
>>
>>92941258
Why bother, they can just keep releasing new gaming devices and selling the same 5 games for each consol.
>>
>>92941471
This.
Plus, those DiC-produced shows were absolute trash. Only the DKC cartoon was good, and while I'm at it, the Kirby anime was bad, too. But what the anon said, they don't need them.
>>
>>92941258
they don't want people mucking around with their properties without total control, plus it would probably cheapen their brand
>>
>>92941258
Please no i already have to stand their blind fanboyism on /v/ and i dont want to bear it on /co/ too
>>
>>92941258
The Super Mario Bros movie's failure made them hesitant to license their IP to gaijin
>>
it's weird looking to the early days stuff and seeing Nintendo was a really common mainstream property.

Mario and Zelda bubble bath, cereal, fruit snacks, cartoons, clothes, etc were everywhere instead of in fan shops.
>>
>>92941507
>Plus they had a Kirby one back in 20011-ish,
I feel like it was older than that. The dub came out around the same time as Air Ride and NiD so around 2001 (unless that's what you meant, not sure if you added an extra 1 or an extra 0).
>>
>>92941551

>dkc
>good

Well, not bad, but definitely not good.
>>
>>92941593
Compared to the DiC shows, it was a masterpiece.
>>
>>92941551
>>92941593
The only good part of DKC was the songs everything else was terrible I mean the CGI makes Reboot look like a Pixar film
>>
>>92941559
Well, it's not like the movie industry has given them much to work with.

We're only now just barely getting decent comic book movies, decent video game movies aren't going to be a thing for a VERY long time Wreck-It Ralph doesn't count because it wasn't based on an existing property and wasn't intended to adapt an existing video game story to a non-interactive medium..
>>
>>92941551
>absolute trash
Lou Albano was fucking great as an alternate Mario
>>
>>92941441
Castlevania looks awesome.

Mega Man looks...questionable to say the least.
>>
>>92941724
I don't know whether to appreciate Mega Man because it's all the series has at this point or just consider it another rock on top of its grave.
>>
>>92941588
Yeah, I think he meant 2001.

But besides Pokemon, there's little to no exposure for Nintendo on TV beyond commercials these days.

Whereas back then we had DiC's Mario and Zelda cartoons, Captain N, Saturday Supercade's Donkey Kong segment (and the later Canadian/France co-produced DKC cartoon) and the Kirby and F-Zero animes. Granted, not all of them were good, but they were SOMETHING.

>>92941668
Just wait until you get to season 2 anon.
>>
>>92941700
I fucking loved Lou Albano's New York Italian accent for Mario. It works so much better than the weird Chef Boy-Ar-Dee thing going on these days.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (112KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
112KB, 1920x1080px
AW MAN
>>
Speaking of Mario actors, guess who was the Nintendo executives' first choice? Danny Devito
http://grantland.com/features/the-strange-case-super-mario-bros-movie/
>ustin Hoffman, who had just won an Oscar for Rain Man, was the first star to put his hat in the ring to star as Mario; his kids were, as David Sheff puts it in his book Game Over: Press Start to Continue, “Nintendo maniacs,” and the Oscar winner apparently wanted to bring their 8-bit hero to life to impress them. Bill White, who handled Nintendo’s North American promotions, met with Hoffman and let him down easy — the game execs wanted Danny DeVito, who was, to quote Sheff, “as close to a dead ringer for Mario as Hollywood had to offer.” DeVito apparently entertained talks, but ultimately chose to concentrate on directing and co-starring in Hoffa.
>>
>>92941804
The Nintendo/video game tv stuff was really at it's height around 1990. When the NES was really huge and popular but slightly before the SNES era.

2 Mario shows, Zelda Show, Captain N which is a little ov everything, The Dragonquest anime was on American tv,

Even then by the mid 90's Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Sonic, Double Dragon, Earthworm Jim,
>>
>>92942087
That movie was doomed to failure the second they hired the directors who then used their own script involving dinosaurs on an alternate universe desert Earth that they had been trying to pitch for years. They just made their own movie they had been trying to make and chaged some names around.
>>
Wasn't Frederator working on a Nintendo project?
>>
>>92942397
That's the Castlevania cartoon.
>>
>>92942262
Ironically, that was the saving grace for me and made me like it. Back in 2013 when I rewatched it, compared to the sterile look Mario's been sporting since the Gamecube and the influx of NSMB, the movie was probably one of the instances where it felt like Mario was allowed to breathe and grow. As a live-action movie, it was considerably faithful to the source material, and it hit me harder when Hoskins died months later.
>>
File: starfox-deploying.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
starfox-deploying.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>we will never get a Star Fox cartoon in the same style as the CGI short film for Star Fox Zero
>>
>>92942262
Like how Wild Wild West was really just a complicated way to satisfy one of the producers' giant robot spider fetish.
>>
>>92942667
It is the deadliest creature in all of nature anon....
>>
>>92941551
>the DKC cartoon was good
>the Kirby anime was bad
I never thought it was possible for someone to have that bad taste but here you are.
>>
>>92942639
Best we have is 1 episode of A Fox in Space
>>
File: Essential Japanese Animation v7.jpg (4MB, 3101x6539px) Image search: [Google]
Essential Japanese Animation v7.jpg
4MB, 3101x6539px
>>92941258
Pokemon is getting shoved to a death bed network due to no dedicated handheld = no more main line Pokemon games.

As for the rest, said time is better spent on more games.
>>92941441
Castlevania is said to be done by either Bones or ufotable, all we know is that it's being done by a Japanese studio proper rather then a Korean studio like with Voltron:LD.
>>92941507
Pokemon was 1997 when Kirby was 2003.
>>92941551
Kirby is on the essentials list, it's a great show.
>>92942483
And it's being animated in Japan rather then Korea.
>>92942504
All CG is sterile.

Also theres still Toho's & OLM Digital's Detective Pikachu Live Action X CG Animation movie that Legendary Pictures is localizing for the West.
>>
>>92943137
>No more main line Pokemon games

Do people actually believe this?
>>
>>92943137
I'd love a non-meme version of this.
>>
I'd kill for another Mario Bros. cartoon. I'd do so on a grand scale for a Splatoon cartoon.
>>
>>92943137
>Kirby was 2003.
It was on the launch line-up for the Fox Box in 2002. Pretty sure it premiered the year before in Japan.
>>
>>92942093
I was referring more to Nintendo's own properties more than anything, but you're right. That period was full of video game cartoons. And that's before getting into Saturday Supercade, H-B's Pac-Man cartoon or Pole Position.
>>
>>92943039
>DKC nailed the character as he was portrayed in the games
>The visuals compared to DKC1 was as accurate as it could be and looked good considering the time it released
>The songs were charming and fit the show's atmosphere

>Kirby was reduced to a braindead baby who was a background character for most of HIS show, that same characterization almost bled into the games permanently
>Shitty OC donuts talked for him instead
>Instead of making him a lazy Dreamland resident who liked to help others and act as a foil to Dedede, he served as a reminder that you were watching a Kirby cartoon
>The rivalry he and Metaknight had in the games got fucked up immensely

Dedede and Escargon couldn't save it. Crystal Shards is still the best characterization of Kirby to this day.
>>
>>92943270
Theres a reason why Pokemon was shoved on a death bed network (Disney XD), it's so that they can replace it, if Nintendo cared about Pokemon they would of bought out Time Warner before AT&T had the chance just so that Pokemon would be treated properly but in stead they shoved it in a death bed network so that Nintendo can replace it with a new in house made IP rather then leaching off of Game Freak, just like what happen with Metroid when that was replaced with Splatoon.
>>
>>92943341
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby:_Right_Back_at_Ya!

Sorry, my bad.
>>92943291
It's not a meme.
>>
File: 1490227796171.jpg (42KB, 508x414px) Image search: [Google]
1490227796171.jpg
42KB, 508x414px
>>92943376
Anon, Pokemon is the fourth-highest selling video game franchise of all time and the anime is just marketing for it. It's not going anywhere.
>>
>>92943375
>Toy Story will like to have a word with you.

>It was the start of the Kirby time line, of course he would of been a baby in it.
>Tiff & Tuff were not shitty, they were rock sold characters.
>Blame Sakurai as it was his idea.
>No it did not.
>>
File: implying.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>92943137
>>92943376

>My shit-tier local rural Utah basic cable package does not carry Disney XD
>So I consider it to be a death bed network that nobody has!
>>
>>92943376
Why would you think Nintendo isn't going to make new mainline Pokemon games?
Why would you think Nintendo could actually buy Time Warner?
Why would you think they even have interest in doing so?

The anime just isn't a big deal in America. Even CN gave it a pretty early morning slot.
>>
>>92943493
Remember, Yoshio Sakamoto has once said during the making of Other M.

>We don't make 22+ minute adds, what NOA & NOE does is none of our business.

And when yes, Pokemon Go is making bank, they still shoved it on a death bead network due to waning to replace the old IPs with new IPs.
>>
>>92943495
>A Disney-funded is the same as a twenty-minute advertisement
>Anime isn't canon to the games, period
>They were shitty OC faggots who kept Kirby from being his own man and he never grew as a character
>I know, and that's why I detest the anime for what it almost did
>Yes, it did

Did you play the games? I'm assuming you didn't, or you think it's a crime to hate anything Kirby-related. That anime was trash and I grew to hate it more and more. The fucked up part is that DiC would have probably did a better job with the characterization. I wanna see Kirby and his animal friends as the focus, not some bullshit kids the audience has to relate to. Almost every damn adaption of something does this bullshit.
>>
>>92943597
*Disney-funded movie
>>
File: Kwirk_Cover.png (346KB, 400x395px) Image search: [Google]
Kwirk_Cover.png
346KB, 400x395px
>>92943368
I cannot find the info on it at all, but there was another show on around 90-91 that had sketches of a few of the D-Level video games of the time. The games that were not popular at all. But this show had them.

All I remember was the third sketch had Kwirk in it only he was hanging out with a bunch of other normal human guys in a truck having offroad adventures.
>>
>>92943039
No anon YOU'RE A THE BAD TASTE
>>
>>92942504
>He doesn't know about the Superior Mario adaptation

>>92943137
>All CG is sterile
Peanuts and Captain Underpants prove otherwise.
Even just Mariowise, the openings to Power Tennis and Toadstool Tour are grounds for otherwise.
>>
DiC could sometimes put a good story together, but when they made a filler episode it showed how they did not care and wanted to fill a quota.

Their main problem was that they never used the game based art style for any game. They always went with their own in-house overly grotesque designs instead. And those were not even the worst ones, anyone with the DVD collections that include production art and images of vetoed designs know that they would edge into Uncanny Valley levels of fucked up for what was otherwise cute Nintendo characters.
>>
>>92943704
It was especially weird, since King Koopa and Princess Toadstool had designs based off their SMB1 sprites, even into Super Mario World.
Meanwhile, the Koopalings had more familiar designs in the cartoon and actually looked on model in the tie-in comics.
>>
>>92943695
I know about the comic. Is reading comprehension lost on people today?
>>
>>92943507
Everything DXD has aired thats not GF & Star has been under 500,000 views, most under 300,000 views, it's why Doraemon & Yo-kai Watch bombed in the west, mostly Doraemon as Psychic Specters is still getting a North American release.
>>
>>92943772
My point was that you didn't need to change so much for the Mario series to "breathe and grow" you need to make smart use of the source material.
The movie even had a "fantasy" script that was close to the games (at the time) before the new producers got hired.
>>
File: power.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
power.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>92943622
You're talking about Video Power

It was the show paid for and produced by Acclaim to give their games a tv series as well. Only instead of getting a Wizards & Warriors show and a NARC show, they had each of them together riding around in the monster truck Bigfoot having adventures in 20th century normal Earth.

It was weird because it was a barbarian, basketball player, cop in a bike helmet, and a talking tomato in Bigfoot stopped guys robbing banks and stealing gems.
>>
>>92943790
I doubt Pokemon was doing fantastic ratings on CN. CN probably didn't want it anymore or DXD offered a better deal. That still doesn't mean Nintendo is going to stop with main line Pokemon games.
>>
>>92943835
I mentioned "live-action" and even compared it to NSMB for a reason.
>>
File: 1399765816142.jpg (55KB, 767x662px) Image search: [Google]
1399765816142.jpg
55KB, 767x662px
>>92943590
>Pokemon Go is making bank, they still shoved it on a death bead network due to waning to replace the old IPs with new IPs
Pokemon Go is, once again, marketing. It was largely aimed to drum up awareness for the mainline series- which it did phenomenally well, considering Sun and Moon are not only the highest selling games in the series, but it also lead to a spike in hardware sales. The anime isn't really a big deal- it only serves to advertise the games to small children.
>>
>>92943873
And that's why I brought up the other script, though it turns out, there were several.
http://www.smbmovie.com/SMBArchive/preproduction/script.htm
>>
>>92943597
>I was only talking about the animation.
>They came out of Sakurai himself, they're not OCs and he grew after the show ended as it took placed decades before the events of Kirby's Dream Land 1.
>>92943622
Bias Atlas.
>>92943695
Those 2 projects are much more recent and ass Super Mario Odyssey to that camp too.

Also add in those CG Looney Tunes shorts Warner Bros made a couple of years back to the "CG that stands out camp" too.
>>
>>92943765
Koopa was a compromise in the first series since he sometimes had the troopa and goomba minions and other times he had shyguys and tryclyde/mouser minions.

It looks like they really had no idea what was going on with the Mario 1 sprites but understood that he had horns and a spiked shell. But since Wart actually did have art they could use they redrew Wart with the shell and horns.

But the time the Mario 3 show came along they had a design that had been going for two years so no point in redesigning it.

And some of the original art for the koopalings were very accurate, but they decided to go with their own looks instead.
>>
>>92943870
Cartoon Network had to pay to air the series. Vs not paying for rights to air their own shows.

Meanwhile rights distribution is a drop in the hat for Disney
>>
>>92943923
>Duh? My point stands, a movie funded by Disney isn't the same as a twenty-minute advertisement.
>They are OC's. Sakurai isn't the sole creator of Kirby, as in the series and not the character. They didn't come from the games, therefore they're OC's. Once again, the anime is not canon to the games. I bet you think Inafune is the father of Mega Man.

Seems someone can't handle opinions that aren't in line with his.
>>
>>92943765
>>92943938
It wasn't until World that Bowser started to look like his modern version. Even the official artwork of 3 looks pretty weird in comparison.
>>
Blame it on the Rain? Blame it on King Koopa!
>>
>>92943870
More people have CN and the show was getting around 1 million views, if Nintendo cared they would of bought out Time Warner before AT&T had the chance just so that Pokemon can get better treatment, but instead they shoved it on a death bead network just so that they can replace it with a new IP, just like what happened to Metroid with Splatoon.
>>92943880
Thats Nordac, not Nintendo and mobile Pokemon stuff is handled by The Pokemon Company, not Nintendo and Yoshio Sakamoto has said.

>We don't make 22+ minute adds, what NOA & NOE does is none of our business.
>>
>>92944065
Wait....Nintendo buy out Time Warner?
>>
File: BowserKnowsBestCover.jpg (61KB, 262x400px) Image search: [Google]
BowserKnowsBestCover.jpg
61KB, 262x400px
>>92943938
That makes sense. The weird part is that the comics corrected Peach and the Koopalings' appearances, but left Bowser as is (and when Wart did show, he looked more like K. Rool).

>>92944005
Going off of Mariowiki's gallery, Bowser's appearance in his artwork was roughly the same, just with some modifications to the face and inconsistent coloring.
https://www.mariowiki.com/Gallery:Bowser
>>
>>92944065
Nintendo doesn't have nearly the money to buy Time Warner. There's also pretty much no reason a Japanese game company would want to buy an American media conglomerate. Especially just to get some TV show that's just a silly sidepiece to one of their biggest selling game franchises a better channel.
Anon, I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>92944096
Huh, you're right. Neat.
>>
>>92941441
If they ruin roll I'll never forgive them.
>>
>>92943965
That had nothing to do with it, Nintendo could of beat some sense into CN and it could of aired along side new episodes of Adventure Time & Gumball but instead Nintendo ditched it to a death bead network just to kill it off.
>>92943993
Until he left Hal Kirby only had 2 people controlling him, Masahiro Sakurai & Shinichi Shimomura, Sakurai handled the anime, Shimomura left Hal and was never seen again when Sakurai left Hal because he did not want to be reserved on Kirby.

Also Tiff & Tuff had cameos in the sub-games in Kirby Mass Attack as well.
>>
>>92944272
Thank you for telling me what I already said in my post. And cameos are just that - cameos.
>>
>>92944272
The sub-games aren't canon.
There was a time where the anime influenced the aesthetics of the games (King Dedede's Castle was based on the anime version for a while and the anime's rendition of the Halberd did make an appearance in Squeak Squad), but that time has passed.
>>
File: 1399756159845.jpg (73KB, 631x600px) Image search: [Google]
1399756159845.jpg
73KB, 631x600px
>>92944065
>just so that they can replace it with a new IP, just like what happened to Metroid with Splatoon.
That's one of the stupidest things I've ever fucking heard, anon. The two franchises are absolutely nothing alike, one being an atmospheric sci-fi series based on Alien and the other being fucking Splatoon, and Metroid's death owes more to trying to sell the games to Japan via Other M. A market historically uninterested in the Metroid series. Not to mention the substantially large gap between Other M and Splatoon's releases.

>mobile Pokemon stuff is handled by The Pokemon Company
Pokemon stuff in general is handled by TPC- Nintendo just co-owns the rights to the franchise. Pokemon Go- much like the anime and the manga- originated as a method of marketing the games to an audience. While Nintendo signs off on all of it, largely to ensure the integrity of the brand, they don't particularly give a shit unless it starts hurting their IP or stops making money. The Pokemon anime isn't a big deal in the west anymore- by and large, if you ask a random person in their 20s-30s on the streets about the franchise, chances are they'll think of the games. The anime's largely just seen as something for little kids, and doesn't really have the cross-generational appeal of the rest of the franchise. There is literally nothing to merit your theory that Nintendo is going to ax the Pokemon series for something in-house.
>>
>>92941258

>I mean, there were plenty of Ninty characters in Wreck It Ralph
>plenty

Who besides Bowser?
>>
>>92944374
>if you ask a random person in their 20s-30s on the streets about the franchise, chances are they'll think of the games.
You're on point with the rest of your post, but that age groups knows about the anime more than the games. While it isn't really too big now, back then it was the reason Pokemon lasted more than one Gen.
>>
>>92944091
Yes, because Pokemon Go.
>>92944172
>Nintendo doesn't have nearly the money to buy Time Warner.
That was before Pokemon Go, today is a diffent story.

>There's also pretty much no reason a Japanese company would want to buy an American media conglomerate.
Sony did it, Nintendo can do the same.

>Especially just to get some TV show that's just a silly sidepiece to one of their biggest selling game franchises a better channel.
More people have CN over DXD, more people watch Adventure Time over Star and The Forces Of Evil, plus Nintendo could of also fix CN in other ways too but instead they ditched it to a death bed network, just to replace it with a new IP.

If there is a gen 8 for the Switch, you will be lucky if gen 8 is set in the Mushroom Kingdom and you play as Mario or Pauline to have them be Pokemon masters. Or Inklings.
>>
>>92944272
>That had nothing to do with it,

Considering it has a lot to do with why they refuse to air a lot of DC shows, removed all repeats of Star Wars and then buried a lot of their Warner made series because CN has historically hated airing shows that they have to pay rights to air. This has been a longstanding issue since at least 2004. Paying to air vs not paying to air pretty much controls what they show and how they show it.

And Disney XD is one of their most successful networks with all of its own series that are doing amazingly well right now.

I think you are letting your fanboy get in the way of reality here.
>>
>>92942504
Faithful my ass.

We should have gotten the "Princess Bride" inspired version featuring Arnold Schwartzenagger as Bowser in full makeup.
>>
>>92944374
No anon

>>92944091
>>92944445
This right here is the stupidest fucking thing in this thread. If Nintendo fanboy thinks for a second that a soso company like Nintendo has the capacity to buy out the #3 media network on Earth somehow with the proceeds from a game they did not produce.
>>
>>92944374
Sakamoto has said that NCL (Nintendo'
s HQ where stuff like this happens) does not do 22+ minute adds and Pokemon Go was made by Nordac.

Because the Pokemon anime is Japanese it goes through Japan's area.
>>
File: 1399782483156.png (118KB, 1585x1527px) Image search: [Google]
1399782483156.png
118KB, 1585x1527px
>>92944436
I think there's more nostalgia for the games than there is for the anime, in that age bracket. I could very easily be wrong- as you pointed out, the anime is a big reason why the series made it past the first gen (particularly with the chaotic development of Gen 2). I'll also freely admit that evidence for the games being more popular/better remembered is anecdotal and based on personal experience, so I can't say for certain on that.
>>
>>92943404
Nigga, a lot of those cartoons aren't even Japanese.
>>
>>92943790
I still see Yo-Kai merch at stores, though.

>>92943861
Is that a Killer Tomato?
>>
>>92944445
>That was before Pokemon Go, today is a diffent story.
Nintendo doesn't even make much money off Go. Their stock price surged right after it came out and they had to say "We only get a licensing fee for it."
Time Warner has $63 billion in assets.
Nintendo has $11 billion.
Nintendo literally cannot afford to buy Time Warner.

>Sony did it, Nintendo can do the same.
Sony was a multimedia company long before they were a video game company. Nintendo is basically nothing but video games.

Pokemon Sun and Moon sold over 14 million copies. They were well received critically. Pokemon is experiencing a resurgence right now thanks to things like Go. There is zero, ZERO reason to think they'd stop making mainline games at this point. Especially since it's only changing channels in America, and is otherwise still chugging along on its same time/place in Japan, where the games are actually made.

Once again, I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>92944590
It's the same person.
And he's baffling.
>>
File: 4e2d838beddc6c698b002c8b.jpg (19KB, 367x332px) Image search: [Google]
4e2d838beddc6c698b002c8b.jpg
19KB, 367x332px
Ahem

>Time Warner- 49.28 billion in 2016
>Nintendo- 4.19 billion, down from 2015's 5.11 billion
>>
>>92944585
Considering it was a live-action movie, yes it was. Yeah, they could have used animatronics but hey, I wasn't expecting a 1:1 adaption of the games. Another reason I don't like NSMB: It's forcing a uniform look for Mario in every other branch he's in. Paper Mario especially got fucked over, but that goes deeper into an unrelated topic.

>>92944604
Well, you could say kids who started with Gen III/IV are more in line with the games. You're right in that personal experience plays a part.
>>
>>92944535
CN's ratings are leaps and bound better then what DXD is doing plus more people have it, Nintendo could of saved it but instead they pulled a Metroid and is slowly killing it and will replace it eventually, just like Metroid.
>>92944590
Nintendo made alot of money off of Pokemon Go.
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>92944637
>>92944689

Time Warner made more in the first Q 2017 than all of Nintendo's net value
>>
File: son-this-is-bait.png (57KB, 625x656px) Image search: [Google]
son-this-is-bait.png
57KB, 625x656px
>>92944770
So this is trolling at this point isn't it?
>>
File: Toad Goomba Concepts.png (583KB, 861x531px) Image search: [Google]
Toad Goomba Concepts.png
583KB, 861x531px
>>92944698
It wasn't going to be 1:1 to the games. More like Mario as filtered through The Neverending Story or Gremlins.

Cyberpunk was such a stupid choice for a Mario movie.
>>
File: YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER.png (1MB, 680x499px) Image search: [Google]
YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER.png
1MB, 680x499px
>>92944593
The anime isn't developed in-house, dipshit. It's handled by Oriental Lights and Magic. It's overseen by Nintendo of Japan so its quality doesn't lapse, and even that's pretty loose. Sakamoto's also only one of several Executive Officers in the company, and largely a game producer, speaking for something that largely would be dealt with by the marketing division. What he says only speaks for a fraction of a pretty large company with multiple branches.

You have absolutely no idea what the hell you're talking about, do you?
>>
>>92944698
>Considering it was a live-action movie, yes it was. Yeah, they could have used animatronics but hey, I wasn't expecting a 1:1 adaption of the games.
The problem is, outside of easter eggs, it didn't resemble the games at all. The producers almost didn't allow the brothers' overalls to make it into the movie.

> Another reason I don't like NSMB: It's forcing a uniform look for Mario in every other branch he's in.
If you're referring to the environments, that's Nintendo being lazy or something, especially since Super Mario 3D Land/World, for their complaints about blandness, change up the environment every other level.
>>
File: tumblr_o5y8t6SmQo1rrftcdo1_1280.jpg (83KB, 674x219px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5y8t6SmQo1rrftcdo1_1280.jpg
83KB, 674x219px
>>92944803
Even the more human Ahnold Bowser on the left actually feels like Bowser rather then the final film's choice of "Let's just have them fight Donald Trump with an even dumber haircut"
>>
File: tumblr_obpecgcGDS1rrftcdo1_540.jpg (61KB, 505x282px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obpecgcGDS1rrftcdo1_540.jpg
61KB, 505x282px
>>
>>92944610
>Essential Japanese Animation
>Japanese Animation
>Animation
It's talking about the animation itself.
>>92944629
Yo-Kai Watch is still trying it's best however.
>>92944637
>>92944689
Hence why they are putting it to it's death bed.
>>
File: 1466905099634.png (424KB, 1168x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466905099634.png
424KB, 1168x600px
>>92944803
Well, it was a product of its time. I'm still surprised at how much I liked it.

>>92944828
You mean the blue overalls? It's been four years (Again, before they showed off 3D World, around April 2013), but I thought they were going with SMB1 colors with Mario at least. And not just the environments, but the characters as well. I don't mean to get off-topic, but here.
>>
>>92944828
All the problems come from what >>92942262 said. Only I think it was the final script writers. They had their own film written out, which was the same thing. A parallel universe was created when the meteor hit that never killed the dinosaurs but sent them to their own dimension where they ruined all the resources on their planet until it was a desert, which would then have a heavy handed save the Earth message in it. And the meteor piece was the key to reuniting the worlds etc.

When they got the Mario script they just changed the names around and used their same old movie they were trying to sell to Universal for a few years.
>>
>>92944894
I literally don't understand what you're thinking. The Pokemon games don't exist to advertise the anime. The anime is one part of the advertisement for the games. Games that are hugely, hugely popular and successful all across the world. Just because the anime is moving networks in one country does not mean Nintendo is dropping Pokemon altogether.

I don't know even know why I'm still bothering except that I am completely baffled by your logic.
>>
File: mario spaghettios.jpg (72KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
mario spaghettios.jpg
72KB, 600x600px
>>92941562
Those still exist, you just don't notice because you aren't the target audience anymore.
>>
A Mario movie is one of those things where it looks okay in 2D but the second things go live action it becomes horribly grotesque and fucked up.

CGI film is probably the only way it can go if they attempt move format. Which still allows them to keep the old art styles and cutesy look
>>
>>92941441
Castlevania is a Konami IP and Mega Man belongs to Capcom.
>>
>>92944899
>>92944899
That's generally considered to be the result of Tanabe not quite grasping what Miyamoto meant. When Miyamoto said "make a game using only established Mario characters" it is assumed he didn't mean "use only toads". Even limiting itself to the platformers, one could probably pull a Superstar Saga and have immigrant Piantas or something, and with the various spinoffs aside from RPGs, it becomes even more baffling.

>>92944958
The scripts at this site: http://www.smbmovie.com/SMBArchive/preproduction/script.htm
Show some very weird directions the script took.
>>
>>92944958
And in the process, they torpedoed what Disney (The movie was produced through one of their various alternate studio labels) had hoped would lead to a long synergistic relationship with Nintendo that would lead to more films and some theme park rides. Nintendo was so pissed at Disney for what happened that Disney ended up trying to strike up deals with Sega, but those mostly just amounted to that section of Epcot's Innoventions that let you preview all the new Sega games

And now Universal's got the Nintendo theme park license.
>>
>>92944637
>>92944689
>>92944771
This shows just how much you don't know how international markets work at all.

Nintendo is one of the largest and most powerful IPs in modern media and has risen into the billions ever since last summer when Pokemon Go was released. Warner has been doing nothing but fail and fail until their properties are almost valueless.

Nintendo has been in a commanding position to buy out Time Warner if they want to spend the money since last Fall at least. And they definitely could if they ever feel the need.

Only right now they do not feel the need to. Burt it would be a hell of a lot more useful than dumping their shows into what amounts to Disney's leftovers.
>>
>>92944995
The anime is not a advertisement, Yoshio Sakamoto said so himself.
>>
>>92944797
>implying Nintendo fanboys arent legit disconnected with reality
>>
>>92944770
>Nintendo made alot of money off of Pokemon Go.

>Pokemon Go Helped Propel The Pokemon Company's Net Profit By 26x
>The company's net profit exceeded $143 million for the most recent fiscal year.
Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-go-helped-propel-the-pokemon-companys-net-/1100-6450452/

The Pokemon Company made a lot of money. And that's easily not enough to buy a goddamn TV network.
>>
>>92945086
Regardless of whether or not they are, that guy is on another level: >>92945073
>>
So this is just fanboy bullshit now huh?

It's weird how that always works out, translating "My favorite" into "The mostest powerfulest ever" despite what even a ten second googling search can prove.

It's like a vs debate with a Batman fan.
>>
>>92945147
No.
>>92945073
>But it would be a hell of a lot more useful than dumping their shows into what amounts to Disney's leftovers.
Pretty much this.
>>
>>92945073
Anon, where are you getting your information from?
Time Warner literally has over $50 billion more in assets than Nintendo. Time Warner dwarfs Nintendo. Even TPC's $143 million is almost certainly laughable compared to the revenue a television network like CN brings in, although its financials aren't really publicly disclosed.
>>
>>92945208
Hence, the death bed network.
>>
File: 1429296273927.jpg (58KB, 259x274px) Image search: [Google]
1429296273927.jpg
58KB, 259x274px
>>92945086
Nintendo fanboys are genuinely some of the most deluded people on the internet. It's genuinely baffling how much they suck that company's dick. It gets real hard to tell marketers shilling the products from the fanboys, because they exact exactly the same.
>>
File: Annoyed Dedede.png (12KB, 560x480px) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed Dedede.png
12KB, 560x480px
>>92945202
>Implying they wouldn't get Death-slotted by CN
>>
>>92945290
Wasn't it already airing at like 7 AM on weekdays? Not exactly primetime.
>>
>>92945275
Now you know why nowadays I cant browse /v/ without some shill/fanboy rubbing his dick against my face and yelling why i havent bought a Switch yet
>>
>>92945297
6AM, Nintendo could of fixed it.
>>
>>92945297
I forgot Pokemon was on weekdays. I was remembering JLA and Lego Ninjago (which apparently airs more than I expected)

>>92945352
Time Warner can't/apparently doesn't care enough to make them air DC shows that aren't TTG!, what makes you think Nintendo will fix it?
>>
>>92945384
They own Pokemon.
>>
File: 1400442895519.jpg (210KB, 640x683px) Image search: [Google]
1400442895519.jpg
210KB, 640x683px
>>92945338
I just want to talk about video games, man. Why can't that happen anywhere anymore?
>>
>>92945414
They CO-own Pokemon. It is a second party franchise that they share with the Pokemon Company. Why do you think pokemon amiibo don't do anything outside of specific games?
>>
>>92945338
I stopped going to /v/ at the beginning of the year and I think it was one of the healthiest decisions I ever made. Of course now I keep up with video game news less, and it's sad missing out on things like seeing reactions to BotW (and it will suck not watching E3 with /v/). But holy shit the negativity and trolling got to be too much.

>>92945352
Nintendo isn't really in a decision to make demands of CN. CN pays for the show and gets to do what they want with it. Nintendo could try to play hardball, but it would probably would have just led to CN walking away entirely. Which is maybe what they did anyway, or maybe Disney offered more money. They are trying to build up XD into a bigger network.
>>
Is this what /v/ looks like? Is this seriously the kind of shit they do over there?
>>
>>92945450
>Nintendo isn't really in a decision to make demands of CN.
They are an immensely more powerful company than CN's parent company. They absolutely have the capability to make demands of CN.
>>
>>92945495
>Is this seriously the kind of shit they do over there?
No its worse, /v/ is filled with some of the most deluded and retarded people on this site like they think the companies that want nothing but their money are their friends and should listen to them
>>
>>92945519
Whelp, there we have it

Nintendo's powerlevel is in the upper ten millions and can transform to increase it x50 and x70

While Time Warner only has a powerlevel of 2 million and cannot transform at all.

Nintendo will beat them up and steal their dragonballs if Cartoon Network does not comply and and air their shows royalty free.
>>
>>92941507
Nintendo doesn't own Pokémon, they just publish it.
>>
>>92945450
They ditched Nu-DuckTales to a flash studio in Korea rather then giving it to the original crew in Japan, they give a rats ass about television, they only care about features.
>>92945519
It worked with Konami and Super Bomberman-R.
>>
>>92945089
>The Pokemon Company made a lot of money. And that's easily not enough to buy a goddamn TV network.

Unfortunately, all of the failures you see localization-wise can be pinned on TPCi.

And TPCi's tendency of hemmoraging money is a well-known fact.
>>
>>92945567
>they think the companies that want nothing but their money are their friends and should listen to them

It always amazes me how internet fanboys do this. They genuinely start thinking that they are some preferred super special group and not one of many paying customers and hold no extra value whatsoever.

The best part of this is when a company releases a sequel that is in no way related to the fan's strongly defended fanfiction and they lose their shit over it.
>>
File: 1493002946838.png (26KB, 210x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493002946838.png
26KB, 210x250px
>>92945519
You know, have you provided any proof at all?
>>
>>92945519
How can I get it through your head? They aren't. Time Warner is not as strong as it once was, but its size and wealth dwarfs Nintendo. You can look at their financials and see.
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9NjMxNjQxfENoaWxkSUQ9MzM1NjIyfFR5cGU9MQ==&t=1
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160427e.pdf
These reports came out within two days of each other.

How old are you? Do you know anything about businesses and how they operate? What source led you to think that Nintendo is more "powerful" than Time Warner? Are you literally just going by "Nintendo is profitable and therefore a huge company"? I don't understand.

Is this the definition of insanity? Is this my Sisyphus rock I'm bound to for eternity, trying to make you understand this?
>>
>>92945725
And ever since Q3 2016 Nintendo dwarfs Time Warner.

You are just too fucking dense to grasp this very simple concept.
>>
>>92945338
>>92945450
I avoided /v/ for BotW spoilers, and generally have been there less and less gradually, while sticking to one or two threads on /vg/ (Which is a sanctuary when it's just one thing you're focusing on). E3 is always fun with /v/, but the crash afterward, holy shit. Smash For's waiting period was fucking cancer, especially after the widespread damage Brawl's hype caused.
>>
>>92943790
>Yo-kai Watch bombed in the west

Now I KNOW you're a retarded shitposter.

By the same autistic logic you're using, TAWoG and TTG are highly liked CN shows because they air for 5+ hours a day.
>>
>>92945805
You still haven't answered me: >>92945624

>>92945725
He's just trolling. He has to be.
>>
>>92945569
That's just stupid

In reality Nintendo has been grinding in Japan for the last 30 years and reached lev 68.

While Time Warner has been sitting on its ass, still on lev 41 this entire time. Only selling stuff and gathering tiny markets for crafting poorly made movies and tv shows.

Nintendo can probably kill Time Warner withing a couple hits.
>>
>>92945852
Because there is no point, your mind is made up regardless of reality. What the fuck am I supposed to say that you won't immediately decry as fake news and bullshit like you have been doing this whole time?
>>
>>92941258
I would really like a Splatoon and/or ARMS cartoon.
>>
File: 1444223102692.png (403KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1444223102692.png
403KB, 640x480px
>>92945864
You realize Time Warner is fucking huge in Japan, as well as abroad, right? They dwarf Nintendo in every market.
>>
>>92943137
>Castlevania is said to be done by either Bones or ufotable, all we know is that it's being done by a Japanese studio proper rather then a Korean studio like with Voltron:LD.

That's completely wrong, it's being done by Powerhouse Animation, which is American.

https://mobile.twitter.com/powerhouseanim?lang=en
>>
>>92945805
How? How did Nintendo suddenly get $50 BILLION richer? What source do you have to attest to this?
They made $1.5 billion in Q3 2016, a little over $500 million of that being profit. Which is also the same amount made by Time Warner in the same quarter (thanks, Suicide Squad!). I don't know how much was profit.
http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/01/31/nintendo-q3-2016-earnings-pokemon-sun-and-moon-sales-drive-profits/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2016/11/02/time-warner-q3-income-up-41-revenue-hike/93157450/

>>92945852
I don't even fucking know. I don't know why I care so much. I don't know why this is the hill I want to die on. And yet I am stuck here, with figures and numbers and data and nothing to show for it.

>>92945820
I have days where I'm bored and nothing interesting on /co/ that tempt me to /v/, but overall I don't miss it. I've spent more time on game websites to keep up with news, and while they aren't perfect, it's nice to be in communities that are overall positive about games.
>>
File: HNI_0053.jpg (47KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0053.jpg
47KB, 600x338px
>>92945919
Because the only topic you brought up is Pokemon go, which Nintendo shares with the Pokemon Company to some degree (whether it's publishing or otherwise). Your response to the anon that linked the financials of both Time Warner and Nintendo was "lol no".
Provide some solid evidence that Nintendo dwarfs Time Warner. Surely if it's true you can provide something and prove you aren't just a troll or something, especially since most of /v/ agrees the Wii U was a mistake.
>>
>>92945977
I think he was going along with that other anon's joke
>>
>>92946044
And to add to that, Nintendo only made $115 million from Pokemon Go, and this was when it launched and was the hot game:
https://qz.com/819677/nintendo-pokemon-go-profits-we-finally-know-how-much-nintendo-made-from-pokemon-go/
>>
>>92946009
Only pre-production, animation is outsourced to Japan by either Bones and/or ufotable.

It's how the Simpsons use to work before Disney sold Fox Saban's animation unit back to Fox and that Film Roman's Simpson's crew moved to Fox's new studio thats not really new.

In short...

>For Simpsons it use to be Fox>Gracie Films>Film Roman>Rough Draft/Akom>back to Film Roman for checking>If clear Fox and now it's Fox>Gracie Films>back to Fox>Rough Draft/Akom>Fox again.

>For Castlevania it's Frederator>Powerhouse>Bones/ufotable>Whatever subcontractor they're using>Powerhouse>Frederator and thats that.
>>
>>92946434
>sourceless assumptions
You don't even know what company it is, you dumb weeb, so you clearly don't know shit.

Powerhouse has done pretty much all of its animation by itself, so there's no reason to think this is any different when the animation director and other key figures are all from there and there is no Japanese production company attached to this.
>>
>>92946605
That will cost $30 million a episode, it's outsourced.
>>
>>92946663
Again, you're pulling shit out of your ass in your incapability to realize that the animation isn't being done by one of your favorite anime companies.
>>
>>92946852
Again, that will cost $30 million a episode if everything is kept in the States.
>>
>>92946891
Again, you're pulling shit out of your ass in your incapability to realize that the animation isn't being done by one of your favorite anime companies.
>>
>>92943590
You're an idiot. Holy shit. While the anime's failing in America, it's as popular as ever in Japan.
>>
Wait. Some fucking moron thinks Pokemon's going to stop being made cause the anime was given to Disney XD? The fuck?
>>
>>92947126
It's okay. I think it's over now.
>>
>>92944272
>Nintendo ditched it to a death bead network just to kill it off.
>implying that an American channel matters for shit here
>>
File: IMG_1818.jpg (41KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1818.jpg
41KB, 450x350px
>>92941258
Because pilots like Bubsy were clearly hidden masterpieces
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.