[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what point is it worth just shutting down the comics division,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (24KB, 1200x482px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
24KB, 1200x482px
At what point is it worth just shutting down the comics division, and just making the occasional book for each character in order to keep the rights to make movies instead?

Nobody likes their comics now, people do like their movies.

Hell, it's gotten to the point where the new comics are actually DEGRADING the characters financially.
>>
Well theyre not doing as bad as Dark Horse or IDW for example

For their respective industry, they're doing well
>>
>>92940903
they need to stop publishing monthly books.

release a 90 to 120 page self contained graphic novel of spider-man, x-men, avengers, +12 other team books, twice to 3 times a year for each title. no tie-ins, no events (other than the event happening in the self-contained GN)

only have award winning genre novelists/screenwriters. fire all the current comic writers.

sell the GNs at walmart/hot topic/toy stores in addition to comic book stores.

all book prices 9.99-12.99. physical books must be out one month before they are released online.

Use the really good ideas from the GN as plot lines for movies, tv, and games.

I just saved Marvel.
>>
>>92940903
>no body likes their comics right now
Oddly enough I have more Marvel on my pull list than I do DC (If only by 1 title). They have plenty of stuff I don't care about, but what I've been following I've been enjoying.
>>
bring back Jim Shooter
>>
>>92940903
Marvel doesn't make any money off the movies. They make all their money off of merchandising and the comics are a good IP farm for new merchandise.
>>
>>92941595
Wow, this place really is /co/mblr.
>>
>>92941824
Epic meme bro
>>
>>92940903
>Nobody likes their comics now
>getting outsold by DC means nobody reads and the company should be shut down
Anon are you retarded? Marvel is nowhere near that point will never reach that point with mouse money. Merch money alone puts them above most if not all other comic companies. Lower comic sales don't mean anything especially when ALL comic sales are down.
>>
>>92941214
sounds smart to me.
>>
>>92942007
>>getting outsold by DC
They're not actually getting outsold by DC Well, in the floppy market at least. Marvel's trade sales get dominated by DC and Image. It's just that the margin is pretty thin now, whereas the margin is traditionally way in Marvel's favor. Marvel's sales are shit relative to their usual sales, not relative to the industry.
>>
Outsource the comics to another publisher. I vote for Dark Horse.
>>
>only see the diamond estimates sales every month
>this makes me an expert on the financial works of the entire company
>>
That's Marvel's future.

Two GNs a week. One for the book trade (little kids, movie tie ins, girls). One for the long term fans.

It's probably for the best.
>>
>>92942494
Anon. I post on an image board. That makes me a super-ceo.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.