[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate this show so much? Because it's not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 16

File: maxresdefault.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
Why do people hate this show so much?
Because it's not a numale sjw show like Adventure Time, Steven Universe and We Bare Bears?
>>
Because it looks fucking stupid, like some kind of meme show.
>>
>>92939023

Yet way better than Teen Titans Go seeing it actually has heart and doesn't rely on repeatedly pissing viewers off for shock value.
>>
/co/ hates fun
>>
>>92939038
TTGO is shit too.
>>
I bet it is the same anon spamming all these "Why does /co/ hate X show? Is it because of Y group?".
>>
>>92939009
The art's lazy and the humor's just not there. At LEAST it's not a pandertoon, but that still doesn't make it good, just better by comparison.
>>
>>92939009
People hate we bare bears too you know
>>
It's ugly, and it's unfunny. The art is disgusting to view and the so called humor is nothing but a bunch of forced LOLSORANDUMB memes
>>
>>92939111
This.
>>
>>92939111
>The art's lazy
just stop, you don't even know what you're talking about
>>
The target age range for the show is lower than the age range of the average /co/mrade. Also, its an ugly cheep nonsense show with simple humor that kind of epitomizes everything we hate about modern cartoons.
>>
>>92939466
>The target age range for the show is lower than the age range of the average /co/mrade
I wouldn't exactly say that, people talk about kids shows all the time here, in fact far more than anybody discusses "adult cartoons". It's just that Uncle Grandpa is a really shit one.
>>
>>92939009
It's boring and not funny. There's nothing to talk about.
>>
>>92939009
Because for all their pissing and moaning about how they hate "modern" cartoons and want "classic" cartoons, the second a silly, joke-focused cartoon comes out /co/ ignores it.

The only difference between this and The Loud House is that Uncle Grandpa doesn't have little girls for the faggots here to jizz over.
>>
>>92939739
I don't know, Loud House never tried to pass off something like "REALISTIC FLYING PAPER CUT OUT TIGER!" as a gag or other similar "HEY, KIDS, WE KNOW YOU LIKE MAY MAYS, WE GOT THE MAY MAYS!" type bullshit

Uncle Grandpa is like all really shitty attempts at mimicking things that go viral
>>
>>92939009
They justhave different humor, anon. I personally find it funny and kind-hearted. It is not a masterpiece, but it does it's job really well. Also, German Dub > original
>>
>>92939357
I have not heard "LOLSORANDUMB" be an actual complaint about a show in years. Congratulations and welcome to 2008.
>>
It's a hideous clusterfuck of pure nonsense, just a step above Problem Solverz, and that's not saying much.

If I wanted my kid to watch cartoons, I'd show him something at least slightly coherent.
>>
I was indifferent but I'm hating it out of spite now because AT is so much better only an idiot would even consider comparing the two
>>
I like uncle g. It feels like what a slapstick cartoon should be like in this day and age.
And usually the sort of non sequiturs that happen in the show feel in place instead of lulsorandum. With that said it's not amazingly good, but I really appreciate it for what it is
>>
I find it a pretty entertaining show.
>>
>>92939009
First, I will state that I did enjoy the show and found Uncle Grandpa to be quite charming.

Continuing, as others have pointed out; the Uncle G was built most entirely on the premise of LOLSORANDOM. LOLSORANDOM was a major triggering point for a lot of folks around here. However, this complaint has become something of a lost cause since more and more shows are, to some degree, using LOLSORANDOM in the past many years.
>>
>>92939009
Uncle Grandpa is so outside of the box, it's insane to think how they come up with the jokes and visual gags eac and every episode. Definitely check out Moustache Cream as an episode showing an incredibly accurate depiction of American Big Box stores (Costco, Walmart, etc.)

Also It is incredibly humbling to know I'll be a character on an upcoming episode of UG but my heart is broken that UG wasn't well received by the public.
>>
>>92939009
Because UG's voice is the auditory analogue of mental retardation, because UG has mental retardation, and because the humour is for those with mental retardation.
>>
>>92939009
>>
>>92939111
>The art's lazy
I've always been a fan of UG, but my biggest pet peeve had always been how bland the backgrounds were on the show as compared to the ones from the pilot (despite looking less disgusting, they were way too simplified). I'm really glad that Browngardt eventually decided to change that.

Most of the newest episodes have been great! The only real issue I see now is that the writers/boarders tend to lack the witty comedic timing that more superior slapstick cartoons (Wander Over Yonder, Mickey Mouse shorts) have. The comedy can be pretty inconsistent, but I still enjoy it overall.
>>
>>92941336
Keep using the nuMale strawman to hide the fact that your favourite show is sewer rat shit.
>>
>>92939009
I like shows that have deep lore and stick with continuity. Uncle Grandpa does not care for this sort of thing.
>>
>>92939009
no waifu or shipping drama
>>
>>92941586
This.
>>
>>92939009
>>92941336
How to cover your ass 101: claim something is "SJW" or "numale" to make yourself sound inherently superior.
>>
>>92941336
>have no actual argument
>just call everyone a meme word

Good on you, kiddo. But you do know you're not old enough to post here, right?
>>
>>92939009
I didn't like Steven Universe because of SJW. I don't think it was originally like that.

Same thing with Adventure Time
>>
>>92939009
Tell me, what's good about this show?
>>
File: Priscilla Jones (Aunt Grandma).png (82KB, 200x453px) Image search: [Google]
Priscilla Jones (Aunt Grandma).png
82KB, 200x453px
>>92941586
>no waifu
C'mon, anon. And pic related is just the main one!
>>
a lot of people only saw the pilot and wrote it off immediately as lolrandomxd. cn's schedule didn't help.

i liked it a lot. fun cast, funny writing, and the show had its own internal logic that kept it from being actually random. also one of the more well animated show's cn has churned out lately.

is there a dl link for all the eps?
>>
>>92941734
None of them really are about that shit, people just give them shit for being almost like that crap when in reality the shows are just shoddily written.
>>
>>92941469
How do you even watch cartoons?
>>
>>92939009
Whenever I see this is see secret mountain forth awesome and there is nothing you can say or do that can change my mind
Even before I found out it's the same people behind it I got this creepy feeling from watching it like there was something familiar and really bad about it but I couldn't pinpoint what
Yeah maybe now the characters aren't completely disgusting to look at but it's the same thing
>>
>>92940107
>>92940655
>>92940864

this. uncle grandpa is meant to be a weird goofy ass cartoon, not unlike the old looney toons. willie e coyote would paint a tunnel only for roadrunner to run through and him to run into, because cartoon logic. it subverts expextations. people these days dont want a slapstick cartoony toon anymore, its gotta be serious overarching plot and crying.
>>
File: Transparent_xarna.png (121KB, 285x400px) Image search: [Google]
Transparent_xarna.png
121KB, 285x400px
>>92941782
waifu drama.

aunt grandma's pretty much the only waifu on the show so there's not much drama to be had.

well...mayber xarna but considering who she really is...
>>
File: stonepoke.jpg (41KB, 548x993px) Image search: [Google]
stonepoke.jpg
41KB, 548x993px
>>92941852
Selectively. Or really fucking stoned, then Uncle Grandpa becomes entertaining.
>>
File: UG - Uncle Caveman (Ep #49).png (287KB, 714x402px) Image search: [Google]
UG - Uncle Caveman (Ep #49).png
287KB, 714x402px
>>92941903
>aunt grandma's pretty much the only waifu on the show
The endless list of one-shot or background characters would say otherwise
>>
File: shower party.jpg (48KB, 619x755px) Image search: [Google]
shower party.jpg
48KB, 619x755px
>>92941751
Mr. Gus is easily the greatest cartoon character to have ever lived.
>>
File: Pizza Steve's Diary.png (547KB, 889x514px) Image search: [Google]
Pizza Steve's Diary.png
547KB, 889x514px
>>92941903
>aunt grandma's pretty much the only waifu
Not true.
>>
>>92942070
even if, the show never drove people into dedicating threads how their UG waifu is best, the others shit.
>>
Is it rally hated on or is it just neglected?
>>
>>92942495
Uncle Grandpa was hated on from when it first started to a little bit after "Say Uncle" aired (late 2013-2015). But for the past two/three years, it's been heavily neglected. Even most of the few, rare fans went quiet, too. A lot of people keep thinking that the show's over despite there still being ~20 episodes left to air.
>>
>>92942638
Yeah...
I didn't even know that the show's still airing.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 640x455px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 640x455px
>>92942690
there's new episodes starting Tuesday, there where no promos and I doubt there will be
>>
File: IMG_6529.jpg (253KB, 1052x1052px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6529.jpg
253KB, 1052x1052px
>>92942848
This was the one promo (https://twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/870376444563738624).

Of course, it was obscured by 20 more Steven Universe tweets.
>>
>>92943106
I'll take Uncle Grandpa over Clarence any day of the week. The trope of the "Fat, stupid, upbeat kid that fucks shit up but everyone likes anyway" is starting to get to me.
At least with Uncle Grandpa I can completely suspend reality.
>>
>>92943162
in-universe, it takes clarence a while to befriend everybody.

heck, the show bothers to show how the other kids warm up to him eventually rather than bam, instant friends.
>>
>>92941080
I have to agree with this, the show is mentally retarded. Watching Uncle Grandpa is like being around somebody with mental retardation.
>>
File: unknown_by_skelellama-dak8o4x.jpg (20KB, 426x350px) Image search: [Google]
unknown_by_skelellama-dak8o4x.jpg
20KB, 426x350px
>>92943162
>The trope of the "Fat, stupid, upbeat kid that fucks shit up but everyone likes anyway
Does Clarence have a barn hell?
>>
>>92943231
I'm noticing these shows seem to have a greater emphasis on teaching children that you should never change any of your negative traits and instead just be obnoxious until you find people who accept you for being obnoxious. Why are these shows so against making lasting, positive changes to your personality? They could have an episode about a kid who only eat boogers, and the episode would end with the kid going back to eating boogers and more people accepting the fact that he's a booger-eater, instead of making them permanently stop eating boogers.
I know that there are examples to the contrary, but this seems to be a prevalent attitude in cartoons nowadays. They preach blind acceptance and don't want to admit that a person could be a better person overall if they just stop __________.
Maybe I'm retarded and I'm actually imagining this is an issue in modern children's cartoons...
>>
>>92943364
actually they do address from time to time the characters flaws in the show.

of course people's preferred methodology of correcting said flaws are extreme physical punishment.
>>
>>92939009
because it has no deep lore. It's just fun for the sake of being fun.

Most people this day hate shit like that because they have this obnoxious idiotic cynical view of life that marks their lives miserable. They need a cry baby like Steven universe to remind them of their own weakness.
>>
I like the visual gags (it really is my favorite thing about cartoons when visually consistent but impossible things happen) and it is better than TTG, but I can't say I've ever thought to myself, "I'd really like to see some Uncle G right now." If it happens to be on TV I pay attention for 10 minutes and then I move on with my life.
If that makes me a sjw numale kuk or whatever then I have no idea what those words mean.
>>
>>92939009
>no one remembers regular show
>>
>>92943662
EIB?
>>
>>92943685
no, not that faggot, but it's a shame that people forgotten Regular Show when it ended just in January
>>
>>92943718
what did happen to him?
>>
>>92943476
>actually they do address from time to time the characters flaws in the show
No if the character is Clarence. He can get away with everything every fucking time. Remember that episode with emo Clarence? He was an autistic piece of shit the whole episode and that was fine because, for some reason, he was right about everything.
>>
>>92943106
>that subtlety in the promo. I mean how does a person who doesn't watch UG supposed to know that Clarence isn't just hugging a cutout that CN just edited there?
>>
The only episode of this show I liked is the Steven Universe one. The regular show is just pretty boring but the characters bounced off of SU's pretty well.

Other than that I don't hate it or anything but I've never been interested.
>>
I like that they take advantage of the medium they are in by doing wacky nonsensical shit.
>>
File: MY MOM.gif (493KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
MY MOM.gif
493KB, 500x281px
>>92943797
>what did happen to him?
MY MOM!
>>
File: 559.jpg (28KB, 600x325px) Image search: [Google]
559.jpg
28KB, 600x325px
Because it was awarded the best SU episode
>>
>>92939009
It's dumb lol so random shit
>>
File: su.jpg (35KB, 506x391px) Image search: [Google]
su.jpg
35KB, 506x391px
>>92946239
>"Too cerebral"
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.