[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on this run, im seriously enjoying it that last p issue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 431639._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (275KB, 1280x1968px) Image search: [Google]
431639._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
275KB, 1280x1968px
thoughts on this run, im seriously enjoying it that last p
issue would have been awesome to see in motion
>>
File: 1463013394525.jpg (32KB, 325x346px) Image search: [Google]
1463013394525.jpg
32KB, 325x346px
>muh PTSD
>>
>>92936599
Hated the entire premise and dropped it at issue one.
>>
I appreciate slow burn but they really abused the privilege here. It would've been more interesting as a new thing than something with the Hulk label.
>>
>>92936599
it was story timed already? PTSD she hulk is my second favorite comic read from marvel.
the other was Gweenaboo.
and those are the only marvel comics I read.
>>
>>92936599
I liked it but I thought the climax wasn't worth the slow burn. Maybe my expectations were too high but that last issue just felt weak.
>>
>>92938661
>>92938784
Yeah they built it up too much by jerking us around for too long. Maybe it'll read better in trades, but considering what it's selling it'll just end up going down as a waste of a mini. Fuck man, and I though Rucka was bad with decompression, Tamaki straight up took the crown from him
>>
>>92936599
I seem to be literally the only person who likes her new look without having a fetish for it but the book itself is pretty boring.
>>
Premise was good, execution has been dreadful and the payoff will be nowhere near what it needs to be based on last issue.
This is why Marvel needs editors, even She-Hulk fans that I know either didn't bother or dropped the book within the first three issues.
>>
>>92938865
It's a big departure from normal She-Hulk so a gamble to begin with, that much more need to do a good job.
>>
>>92936599
I think it's a shame that Mariko is using her time making something that capeshit fanboys can't appreciate.
>>
This is a fantastic series. I've been really digging it, but I assumed (correctly, it seems) it wouldn't be too popular here due to its slow pace.

I just think it's refreshing to have a comic go at its own pace and not feel the need to shoehorn in someone punching someone else for three pages. I really have a feel for Jen and her struggle right now. It's one of the few instances of a comic showing -- with enough room to properly show-- rather than straight up telling.

It kinda reminds me of the first six issues of USM which were all set up and ground work before Peter even became Spider-Man. If you're going to have a long running series, you have to set a foundation first.

That being said, this is a Marvel series that is not named Wolverine, Amazing Spider-Man, or Deadpool. It won't make it past issue 12.
>>
>>92938928
I get that it's a massive departure but when characterfags are jumping ship despite loving the character, you're doing something very wrong.
I actually like the tone and direction of the book, I just feel that the slow pacing was entirely detrimental to anyone reading it long-term as everyone who was interested has left.
>>
>>92938944
I'm one of the few arguing for it's slow pace as well, but it seems the implementation, especially on the last issue, was lacking.

The idea was good but the execution faulty.

>>92939184
Yeah, while the pacing didn't bother me it seemed to alienate a lot of readers, then when the last issue came for the "climax" is was weak too.

I wanted this to be good, but it really needed tightening up. Shame.
>>
>>92938944
The thing you guys are kind over overlooking in your praise is that this is just a genderswapped Bruce's struggle. Dealing with PTSD and stress trying not to let it consume you is something he's been doing for fifty-five years. It's a Hulk franchise staple.

So I gotta ask, while it's different *for Jen*, what exactly is happening in this title to differentiate from that?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.