[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that WW's movie is a massive critical success that is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: 6h2yo.jpg (156KB, 851x477px) Image search: [Google]
6h2yo.jpg
156KB, 851x477px
Now that WW's movie is a massive critical success that is likely to be an equally large commercial success, is she going to take over Superman's role?

Lets be honest, there is no trinity. It was always Batman and Superman. Brains and brawn. Cynic and optimist. Man and other. Wonder Woman fits all of these roles but she was never popular. But no one liked MoS and BvS or at least the large demographic that mattered didn't like it. We also didn't see Superman anywhere in the Justice League movie. How can Superman be that important to the DCEU if he isn't even a major role in the first JUSTICE LEAGUE film. Even if he appeared, he certainly wouldn't be as important until the second movie. It would be like saying Scarlet Witch is super important as a MCU Avengers member.

Will it be Batman and Wonder Woman now instead of Batman and Superman?
>>
>>92936026
>Justice League movie
I meant trailer
>>
>>92936026

>>Will it be Batman and Wonder Woman now instead of Batman and Superman?

Only in the movies, and DC will probably push Superman harder in the comics to compensate.

Remember, DC fucked Captain Marvel HARD for daring to overshadow Superman. They've been using Wonder Woman to elevate Superman character for years now. Do you think they're going to let her steal his spotlight just because her movie was a success?
>>
>>92936026

We'll get MoS2 before WW 2, maybe no Snyder. Needs to be Vaughn
>>
>>92936026
>is she going to take over Superman's role?

No. I'm fully expecting Johns to make MoS2 "Superman : Rebirth"
>>
>>92936074
>Do you think they're going to let her steal his spotlight just because her movie was a success?

Anon I can't believe I'm saying this but Wonder Woman literally just saved DC's reputation. A friend of mine told me he was going to give up on the DCEU but Wonder Woman renewed his interest

Gal Gadot fucking saved DC. What a time to be alive...
>>
File: 1450464202086.png (141KB, 372x388px) Image search: [Google]
1450464202086.png
141KB, 372x388px
>>92936026
>Now that WW's movie is a massive critical success
>>
>>92936128

It is though. With both critics and fans. It's OK not to like it but don't fight reality
>>
>>92936113

So? DC will never not push Superman as the centerpiece of everything that is the DCU.

They'll probably release some Elseworlds where Superman teaches Wonder Woman how to be a better person and impregnates while at it just as a good measure. They released INJUSTICE 2 with cunt Regime Wonder Woman knowing full well it'd come together with the release of this movie.
>>
>>92936113
Saved DCEU's reputation and DCEU itself, you mean. Also her comics sales like shit comparing to Supes.
>>
>>92936160
both Supes and WW sales are shit compared to Batman

DC doesn't care about the difference between like 25k and 40k, they care about the difference between 40k and fucking 150k
>>
I doubt they'd push her harder, they'd giver a bigger role if that's what you are wondering.

But Superman is a character that will rebound even after Snyder tried his best to fuck it up. I love how Patty Jenkins uses Christopher Reeves Superman as an inspiration for the WW movie and everyone seems to love it, but Snyder meanwhile trying to convince people that that style of superman wouldn't work.

Just goes further to point how him and Goyer litteraly have no idea what they are doing.
>>
>>92936074
>Do you think they're going to let her steal his spotlight just because her movie was a success?
Harley Quinn
Gwen Stacy
>>
>>92936186

Harley isn't stepping on Superman's toes, though.
>>
File: new trinity.jpg (308KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
new trinity.jpg
308KB, 1280x720px
>>92936026
Superman will be replace with Harley.
>>
>>92936178
>both Supes and WW sales are shit compared to Batman

EVERYBODIES sales are shit compared to Batman. He's in a class of his own

>>92936160

As of last month

>Superman #21 51,373
>Wonder Woman #21 44,597

Why lie about something that can easily disproved? She sell's lower but certainly not "like shit".
>>
>>92936178
Batman 14 - 106,816
Batman 15 - 102,802

Superman 14 - 60,409
Superman 15 - 57,412

Wonder Woman 14 - 52,784
Wonder Woman 15 - 50,978

Flash 14 - 60,732
Flash 15- 58,402

Just for shits and giggles, same month (Jan 2017)

Mighty Captain Marvel 1 - 48,519

Amazing Spider-Man 23 - 73,773

Mighty Thor 15 - 47,038

So basically, Batman eviscerates everyone else, Supes and WW and Flash sell basically like a Marvel flagship title.
>>
>>92936220

That image is kinda prophetic.

One thing is for sure, Wonder Woman is gaining a new book.

Harley Quinn had Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn (her solo), Harley's Little Black Book (canceled now), and the minis Harley Quinn & Power Girl, and Harley Quinn and Her Gang of Harleys.
>>
>>92936026
>Brains and brawn. Cynic and optimist. Man and other.
Shut up Lexenberg.
>>
>>92936255

Just for more laughs because I fucking hate Carol

"Mighty" Captain Marvel #4 17,893
>>
>>92936276

Wonder Woman alrady has her own book, Justice League (if you can include Suicide Squad), Trinity and Odyssey of the Amazons. Harley is down to two books
>>
>>92936323

>Odyssey of the Amazons

This is such a shitty book.
>>
File: super cereal.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
super cereal.png
14KB, 500x500px
I really sorta doubt it. As I see it, when it comes to films, Superman and Batman have been THE tentpoles for years, so their entries into the DCEU were subject to tons of executive meddling. I don't think anyone genuinely believed in Wonder Woman (myself included, I admit), so it was probably the movie with the least boardroom oversight.

It's a story as old as Hollywood itself that always proves true: When there's less oversight from the suits, you get a better movie. It's happened before. It's what happened here.

So ultimately, even if Wonder Woman does temporarily take center stage and "take over Superman's role", she's still sorta doomed because now that she's in the spotlight and considered a commercial draw, Warner Bros. is never going to take a hands-off approach to her ever again. They're going to fuck up their next use of the character, and when the backlash hits, they'll take it as a sign that they were wrong about the character after all, disregard the WW movie's success as an isolated incident, and quietly relegate the character back to the sidelines.

tl;dr: Maybe, but even if they do, WB will find a way to squander the good image WW has gained.
>>
>>92936333

Oh yeah I agree but it's still a book tied to Wonder Woman
>>
>>92936373
Diana isn't even in it

It's some random ass Amazon that was introduced in SM/WW
>>
>>92936357

Warner Brothers didn't wanted to produce the Wonder Woman movie. Zack Snyder had to fight for it and put a lot of money on it. Even then WB wanted to release it after Justice League, but Snyder fought to come out before it.

So yeah, nobody believed in WW other than Jenkins and Snyder, ironically enough.
>>
I'm more interested if they gonna ship BM/WW like in the movies. I'm not talking about relationship, because no one needs that. I'm talking about, at least, bringing back the teasing like pre-FP. They can do that in the Trinity book to not trigger Catwoman fags and Trevor fags.
>>
File: 1452822003587.jpg (531KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
1452822003587.jpg
531KB, 600x848px
People thinking that Wonder Woman will take Superman place and have lots of team-ups with Batman, as if her and Batman were the new World's Finest, are in for a rude awakening. I've seen a lot of girls thinking this shit will happen.

Wonder Woman will never steal Batman from Superman. NEVER! Superman will always be more important in Batman's life than Wonder Woman. It'll always be Batman and Superman, and then the rest.
>>
File: Batman_and_Robin.jpg (162KB, 977x768px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_and_Robin.jpg
162KB, 977x768px
Here's a better theory- maybe once DC sees that public favor is trending more toward optimism, Wonder Woman will take over Batman's role instead. Maybe we'll get a ton of Wonder Woman and Superman media, and grim, cynical Batman will be put on the bench for a bit, at least until he feels less stale.

Sound unlikely? Maybe so. But lest we forget, there was a time when Batman was box office poison. Trends DO change. Might be too early to say if Wonder Woman's success is an indicator of such a shift, but it certainly feels that way with so much of the movie's positive buzz centering around the the less gloomy tone.
>>
>>92936533

Dude, Lego Batman was a thing that happened and was a box office and critic success.

Here's the thing about Batman, you can pretty much present him in anyway you want and people will still love it. You could do a comedy starring Jack Black as a new Batman and chances are people would buy the shit out of that.

Even then BvS ended with Batman full of optimism and in pursuit of redemption.
>>
File: huh.jpg (37KB, 498x594px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
37KB, 498x594px
>>92936026
pls no. Superman is my favourite.
>>
>>92936128
I take it you haven't indulged in anyone's opinion of the movie outside /co/?
Its been a huge success and normies are referring to her as the YAAASSSS queen
>>
Here's the thing that's always bothered me about the Trinity. If Clark is the optimist, and Bruce is the pessimist, then it should follow that Diana is the mediator. But in practice, that never actually happens. The fuck? Like, it's right there, staring you in the face, but it's not happening. Makes no sense.
>>
>>92936149
>So? DC will never not push Superman as the centerpiece of everything that is the DCU.
What are you on about? They already pushed MoS2 aside. They announced multiple Batman spinoff films, and not even a date for MoS2.

It is either going to be more Diana or more Batman. Superman is in limbo now.
>>
>>92936747
She is either the moderator or the hot head both work
>>
>>92936742
>>92936781

For some reason editors and writers don't like to portray Wonder Woman as being nicer than Superman for whatever reason. She can't be the mediator, because that would imply that Superman can't be a mediator. Or at least a better mediator than her. So that can't happen.

So what they do sometimes is have Batman rigid morality coming at odds with Wonder Woman ruthless pragmatism, so that Superman can come off as the nice and reasonable one in the trinity and be the mediator between the two.

Seriously, Wonder Woman will never come off looking nicer or more important than Superman in the comics. At least not in a story also featuring him. She can only shine in that regard away from Superman.
>>
>Budget $149 million[4]
>Box office $18.7 million[4]

Hohohohohohoho
>>
>>92936533
>Here's a better theory- maybe once DC sees that public favor is trending more toward optimism, Wonder Woman will take over Batman's role instead.

I really can't imagine that. Batman is possibly the most popular superhero character out there. They literally made a lego batman movie and it made tons of cash. As things stand, Batman was one of the only redeeming parts of that unbearably awful Batman v Superman movie, so I think they'll stick with him.

But I'd be happy with Lex Luthor getting re-cast or just erased entirely.
>>
>>92936026
If anything this is going to ramp up the pressure on them to do a good Superman film. Now that they've proved they can do a good film, everyone who has an axe to grind is going to turn their ire on snyder's man of misery.
>>
>>92936289
Jesus fuck, I didn't know it had dropped that hard.
>>
>>92936357
How come WB is still carrying on with the exec meddling? they must have realised its a problem now, seeing as so many are talking about it.
>>
>>92937902
As if they didn't already

Anyway I hope for DC's sake Snyder stays out, channels his grief into personal projects instead
>>
>>92936672
>normies are referring to her as the YAAASSSS queen

Fucking Carolfags, they're bandwagoners who have now moved on to Diana.
>>
>>92936672
>>92938010
FUCK
>>
>>92936026
get out of here newfag
>>
>>92938010
>Yaass queen

People do this unironically?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.