[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are city buildings in comic books starting to look so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (32KB, 376x422px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 376x422px
Why are city buildings in comic books starting to look so uninspired these days?
>>
>>92932373
Lazy artists who only know how to draw Steven universe fan art
>>
Drawing the buildings is surely a distant priority for most comic book artist but I do think there are more large buildings in cities these days that just look like big glass towers gridded with windows
>>
>>92932483
And like, in general comic book artists are the best at drawing what they like to draw the most. I'm used to things like cars and bystanders and regular looking rooms usually looking like shit, and superheroes always being the best-drawn parts of any given cape comic.
>>
>>92932373
Why does everyone take threads that start out like this at face value every single time?
>>
would look better if they removed the lines on it
>>
You guys still haven't picked up on it yet?
>>
>>92933014
Because deep down, people come here because they want to have a conversation. Just tricking each other with lies back and forth all day isn't really that fun for most?
>>
>>92933544
I don't get it
>>
>>92932373
Because they know they're gonna blow everything up in the next event anyway.
>>
File: 1467329439284.jpg (146KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1467329439284.jpg
146KB, 600x800px
>>92932373
Because architecture in general has been uninspired and without a sense of place since the collapse of social democratic modernism in the late 1970s. Instead, buildings that could be plopped down in any city on earth without reference to culture or chronology are the norm. (SDM had this to some degree, but despite the technocratic social engineering tendencies in their designers, most of them can still be located in time and space - possibly in part due to the collapse.)

is what I'm going to say, because I'm not an architect.
>>
>>92935904
Bland looking mass produced buildings are modernism though.
Post modernism is what gets you the weird designed stuff with curves n shit.
>>
>>92935941
I dunno, most Brutalist buildings for example are relatively unique to me. By comparison a lot of more modern designs are theoretically unique but seem to fall into a bit of a sparkledog kind of uniqueness where they slip from memory despite the fact *this* one has 3 wings.

Or maybe all the hauntology music has rotted my mind.
>>
File: Corbusier_hard_at_work.jpg (277KB, 635x500px) Image search: [Google]
Corbusier_hard_at_work.jpg
277KB, 635x500px
>>92935904
>since the collapse of social democratic modernism in the late 1970s

Funny, people are overally glad that the era of Le Corbusier and the likes of him had been brought to an end.

>Instead, buildings that could be plopped down in any city on earth without reference to culture or chronology are the norm.

This is literally what international modernism was all about.
Post modernism in architecture, according to Charles Jencks, allows for coding other values and themes - including local tradition and influences - rather than mere pursuit after clear form.
>>
>>92936099
Skimreading wiki because as I say I'm not an architect, Post-Modernism in art started in 1960 so lol I dunno.

When I say social-democratic-modernism I basically mean everything in that forward-looking optimism that basically tied with the introduction of "There is no alternative" politically in the 1980s, as opposed to specifically limiting it to the modernist styles of architecture.
>>
>>92936146
>in art
In architecture.
Why did I say art?
>>
File: 114217935-Nasr-City-Egipt-REM.jpg (276KB, 600x965px) Image search: [Google]
114217935-Nasr-City-Egipt-REM.jpg
276KB, 600x965px
>>92936146
>the introduction of "There is no alternative" politically in the 1980s

That is mostly due to the fact that almost every corner of the world insisted on recreating the image of western world and its progress rather than expressing their own identity. Pic related is how modern muslim architecture often looks like - until clients factor local context into desired designs, very little will change.
>>
File: IMG_0228.jpg (153KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0228.jpg
153KB, 670x377px
>architecture thread
Omg yesssss
Can somebody recommend like an overview of architecture?
Because I know a little bit about a few specific things, but I feel like I'm missing the big picture here.
Like what exactly was Le Corbusier?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.