[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It seems like these days all Poison Ivy is known for is being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

It seems like these days all Poison Ivy is known for is being Harley's lesbian love interest.

Does she need a revival/reworking? What would you do to boost her as a character, /co/?
>>
She just had a mini and it was fine. Just go read it.
>>
She's shit and deserves all the shit she can get. Soooooo glad she died in Arkham Knight, wish that were the case for the comics as well.
>>
>>92931536
https://twitter.com/OGoingback/status/870441127601635328

ignore the ivyfag
>>
Cut Poison Ivy in half and plant her in soil to grow back to adult size and repeat until there are enough Poison Ivies to take over the world.
>>
>>92931536
She's boring as fuck, she doesn't deserve more than being Harley's dyke booty call. I apologise for your shit taste.
>>
>>92932442
>New Talent Anthology

Hmm.. the first one was kinda meh except for the Supes/Joker story, which left a mystery that I guess it's never gonna get picked up
>>
She cares about nature. Nature involves the whole world. Circle of life, feed web, everything is connected, all that shit. Make her a planetary-scale villain. What the fuck is she doing in Gotham? She should be all over the place. When a bigger villain comes and threatens the whole world, she should turn around and play hero to fight them off.
>>
turn her into a deer
>>
>>92931536
>Does she need a revival/reworking? What would you do to boost her as a character, /co/?
Work her in as more of an antihero. Bulk up the relationship with the Green.
>>
>>92932838
So what, she's now Swamp Thing with tits? Fuck off.
>>
File: Blunt_Affect.jpg (16KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Blunt_Affect.jpg
16KB, 300x225px
>>92931536
/co/
>complains about a hot lesbian

What the fuck is wrong with you tonight?
>>
File: 1475207196194.jpg (81KB, 552x532px) Image search: [Google]
1475207196194.jpg
81KB, 552x532px
>>92931536
It's kind of hard to change Ivy's current status. There are three fundamental reasons why.

1: Her shtick has been stolen and she lacks a purpose. The "eco-terrorist" thing was overtaken by Ra's al Ghul. They can't turn her into an femme fatale anti-hero because that's Catwoman's thing. And the majority of the people that care about Poison Ivy only do so because she's Harley's girlfriend so they can't make her much of a villain either. She is yet another character who's being dragged down by the unholy black hole of shit that is NuHarley, but unlike other characters often caught in it like Joker, she doesn't have much else to fall back on.

2: Ivy is a poorly conceived character. She doesn't fulfill any sort of purpose in Batman's rogues gallery that can't be fulfilled by someone else. She is one of those gimmicky sci-fi villains from the 60s that would be better fits for Spider-Man. The TAS crew actually did try to bring her up a little by making her a part of the fearsome foursome of the show (alongside Two-Face). And it was a good effort. But unfortunately they also created Harley, which didn't help things for the character in the long run.

3: Ivy's character, apart from being sexy, was that of a straw feminist. Which makes her indistinguishable from every other "opinionated" female character in comics nowadays. They can try and turn her into an anti-hero, and if I'm not mistaken that seems to be what they are doing, but again, she will end up revolving around Harley. And if they were to make her a genuine villain again, they would offend her "fans" who don't care about her as a villain.

Ivy is fucked, basically. Being Harley's lesbian girlfriend is the only thing that they seem to be able to do with her nowadays and that's all they will be doing since that's what works for Ivy's popularity.
>>
>>92932789
I remember getting excited when Trinity was teased to have Ivy becoming a "galactic" threat. Instead, she was just Mongul's pawn.

What a letdown.
>>
>>92933271
Don't forget, the true neutral gaurdian of nature schtick is taken by Swampy, so that's not happening for her, ever.
>>
>>92933453
>Don't forget, the true neutral guardian of nature schtick is taken by Swampy, so that's not happening for her, ever.
She can still be the FALSE guardian of nature. Like Azrael being a false Batman. There is a place for her in that. A human who is misguided.
>>
>>92933271
>The "eco-terrorist" thing was overtaken by Ra's al Ghul.

But that's barely been touched upon with his character. Most Batman media uses him as either an evil ninja master or a Fu Manchu mastermind.
>>
I think she's rejoining the Birds of Prey which was a fucking disaster last time but who expects BoP to be anything but trash anymore
>>
>>92933442
Anon, seriously, wtf is wrong with you?

No one wants to google search your fetish.
>>
>>92933271
At this point I'm just hoping that Penguin won't fall down this route since Riddler has been pushed lately and there's a sizeable portion of people who like to ship them (especially after Gotham had that stupid romantic subplot).
>>
Poison Ivy was at her best when she wanted to seduce, control and use men. The whole plant thing went waaay out of proportion.

The problem is that Ivy can't be a man eater now because people see her as a dyke who's eternally in love with Harley. Harley can fuck around, Ivy no.

The plant thing, again, is Swampy business. It never made much sense to her. She's not Green Woman. She's POISON Ivy. FUCKING POISON. As in this lady here is POISON to man. Don't touch her vayjay.
>>
>>92931536
>Does she need a revival/reworking?
I think all Batman villains need revivals to start doing shit again instead of being secondary characters for Joker stories or whatever new villain they try to push.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.