[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature s/three-reasons-wonder-w

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 10

File: wonder-woman4x3.jpg (80KB, 575x431px) Image search: [Google]
wonder-woman4x3.jpg
80KB, 575x431px
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/three-reasons-wonder-woman-has-already-made-history/amp/

>The third factor that makes “Wonder Woman” an impressive feat isthe performanceofGalGadot, the actor behind the bracelets.Nailing the part of Wonder Womanhas the potential to land someone generational fame and icon status. And given the expected box office success, it will put Gadot in an exclusive club of the now 250 women who were top billed in a top-100 domestic grossing movie released from 1996 to 2016. Women get top billing on only 24 percent of top-grossing films, according to data from The Numbers, and they are top lead in only 17 percent of the top 25 films in a given year.

Remember how Jamie Alexander took the role of Lady Sif in Thor, a forgettable bit part, and then broke her back doing it, nearly crippling her? Remember how she was going to audition for Wonder Woman but Disney said she wasn't allowed because her contract forbade her from being in a DC movie?

How do you think she feels now knowing this could have been her?
>>
>Headlines her own successful TV show.
>Still has ties with Marvel.
>None of those records actually translate into money in her pocket.

Probably wonders "what if" from times to times.
>>
>>92927956
>How do you think she feels now knowing this could have been her?

Pretty shitty, she should have auditioned anyways.

Not only was she snubbed for Natalie Portman but in Thor: Ragnarok it was her opportunity to shine but instead they are focusing on Valkyrie and already forgot all about her.
>>
>"I was one of a few people that were an obvious choice for Wonder Woman, but it was never going to happen. I’m contracted with Marvel and it would (be) strange. Sif, in her way, is Marvel’s Wonder Woman. They’re both ethereal and have armor and a sword, and have special abilities; the physicality of the role is very similar."

>"Sif, in her way, is Marvel’s Wonder Woman."

Poor woman, too bad, she would have been better than Gadot.
>>
>>92928272
>"Sif, in her way, is Marvel’s Wonder Woman."

Sure Jamie. That's why you're getting your own movie right? Right after Black Widow comes out. Aaaaany day now....
>>
>>92927956
https://archive.is/uVOBF

Don't forget to archive clickbait, Walt.
>>
>>92928352
Do you know even know what clickbait is you dumbshit Mouseketeer?
>>
File: 1477577058928 (1).jpg (56KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477577058928 (1).jpg
56KB, 1920x1080px
>>92928337
The only Marvel females who would make for interesting and distinct solo movies are Storm, Scarlet Witch, and She-Hulk.

Black Widow has no powers so her solo would not be a true superheroine flick, while Captain Marvel is just about the most bland superheroine imaginable.
>>
>>92928090
>None of those records actually translate into money in her pocket.

Actually it does. Playing Wonder Woman means that Gal will never have to worry about work again. She went from being a literal who to being an international celebrity and national hero of her home country. Linda Carter played Wonder Woman 40 years ago and hasn't had to worry about work since. This means toy deals, requests for public appearances, and calls for roles for the rest of her life.

And considering how much more DC pays its actors than Marvel, I highly doubt playing a background character in Marvel's least population franchise is as good as playing the biggest female hero on the planet.

So is a failing TV show (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/renewcancel/cancel-bear-vs-nbc-week-22-blindspot-is-on-increasingly-shaky-ground/) really solace for having lost the role of a lifetime?
>>
>>92928337
Who is Marvel's "Woner Woman" in the comics? She Hulk?
>>
>>92927956
Marvel contracts don't prevent you from acting in DC movies.
>>
>>92928597
Unironically Thor
>>
>>92927956
>praising Gal "can't act for shit" Gadot
this is the only bad part about this forgettable movie.
fucking americunts.
>>
>>92928391
You need to work on your rage issues, Walt. You don't want to be writing click bait about comicbook movies your whole life, do you?
>>
>>92927956
Mods it really shouldn't be this hard to do your fucking jobs, don't pretend like you're actually doing anything on a Friday night.
>>
I thought it was because her tits were too small.
>>
File: rabid mouse.jpg (58KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
rabid mouse.jpg
58KB, 500x374px
>>92928670
>>92928678

Sad. Have they started passing out the suicide pills im Burbank yet?
>>
>>92928723
do you actually believe that anyone that disagrees with you works for Disney?
that's funny, keep going.
>>
>>92928636
>autistic anger over people liking a movie

KEK
>>
>>92927956
>May be put in an """exclusive club""" of the now 250 women who were in igh grossing movies
>This is considered making history

Why, because she's a woman? Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>92928777
Don't be mad Disneyfriend.
>>
>>92928723
Walt, come on. You're better than this. Shitposting your clickbait on a friday night? There's no way they paid enough to give up your soul like this.
>>
>>92928547
BW could make for a great film. The pinnacle of 20th century superspies versus the superpowered special forces of the 21st century.
>>
>>92928605
Exactly. This was used as an excuse, but inside the industry there was some bad karma coming out of her injury during Thor 2. Especially since it wasn't during filming. She was supposedly offered the chance to join AoS as a regular, but she wanted her own show instead. The show filming was more likely involved with axing the WW chances
>>
>>92928828
You do you cock smoking faggot.
>>
>>92927956
>impressive feat isthe performanceofGalGadot,
wow, just wow. Shameless.
>>
>>92928596
>Playing Wonder Woman means that Gal will never have to worry about work again. She went from being a literal who to being an international celebrity and national hero of her home country. Linda Carter played Wonder Woman 40 years ago and hasn't had to worry about work since. This means toy deals, requests for public appearances, and calls for roles for the rest of her life.

winner winner chicken dinner. she hit the jackpot of a lifetime.
>>
>>92929040
Sucking bigwig dick really paid off for this talentless unremarkable twig woman.
>>
>>92929075
Let the butthurt flow!
>>
>>92929075
Too bad it didn't for Jaimie.
>>
File: blindspotheader.jpg (127KB, 640x406px) Image search: [Google]
blindspotheader.jpg
127KB, 640x406px
>>92927956
>Remember how Jamie Alexander took the role of Lady Sif in Thor, a forgettable bit part,
JUST
>>
>>92929088
Doesn't mean it isn't true.
>>
>>92929139
Somebody put the hair on her
>>
The key to any character is relatability, to see them face struggles that we face, as human beings.

If you focus on the human aspects of a character, men and women will relate to them.

If you make a character into a super popular Mary Sue or Gary Stu, they become unrelatable, and even hateful.
>>
>>92929139
Sif is a good role tho, shame she was underutilized.
>>
>>92929290
Good role yeah, but not a solo movie lead deal like wondy
>>
>>92927956
This "Galdot is an amazing actress" comments feel so fucking artificial. Yiou just know that anyone playing WW would receive praise.
>>
Does Gadot's acting gets better than this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH-zugEjFmU [Embed]

Because this is terrible
>>
>>92929881
Especially since they never called her an "amazing actress" just that she gave a good performance as Wondy , which she did.
>>
>>92930815
To be fair she has also improved drastically as an actress. So the transition from shit to actually okay probably makes her seem better than she is
>>
>>92928816
Literally where do you think you are?
>>
>>92928597
Carol
>>
>>92930815
>>92930858
I think I found those shills you guys have been complaining about
>>
This movie is going to make $100 million this weekend. This movie is probably going to make a billion dollars by the time it's done.
>>
>>92930791

>YOU FUCKING COWARDS NOT WANTING TO DIE AND SHIT

Everything up to this point was fine but when Wonder Woman finally gets to kill the Hitler but not really Sub-Antagonist she becomes fucking insufferable
>>
>>92930791
Not really seeing the problem with this except her accent destroying the whole greek background.
>>
File: 1420423916383.png (506KB, 980x922px) Image search: [Google]
1420423916383.png
506KB, 980x922px
>>92929139
Reminds me of this classic.
>>
>>92927956

It was a female lead action cape film that wasn't shit. It's one of a kind. That's history enough.
>>
File: 1435622696143.png (1MB, 1346x697px) Image search: [Google]
1435622696143.png
1MB, 1346x697px
>>92929844
Man, I would watch the shit out of a Journey into Mystery movie with Sif and Beta Ray Bill.
>>
>>92934594
>YOU FUCKING COWARDS NOT WANTING TO DIE AND SHIT
>Completely ignoring how the generals gave zero fucks about the soldiers and that's why Diana was pissed

The generals in WW1 were a fucking disgrace
>>
>>92936488
>The generals in WW1 were a fucking disgrace
I too go off pop culture traditions rather than real history in my judgement of historical people.

There were only two, maybe three I'd call disgraceful. Hotzendorf and Cadrona, and maybe von Falkenhayn. The rest were, at worst, unprepared for the realities of industrial warfare. Haig was not the callous butcher Blackadder made him out to be.
>>
>good acting
literally where in the film, name just one scene. one scene where you were like 'hm, gal gadot is really proving herself here'

Fucking Chris Pine had a dozen and a half of those kind of scenes. Gadot had none.
>>
>>92928597
No one. Marvel will never have a Wonder Woman of their own.
>>
>>92936684

B...but Captain Marvel
>>
>>92936684
The only good women are on the X-Men franchise.
>>
File: blindspot.jpg (254KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
blindspot.jpg
254KB, 1000x563px
>>92927956
>Marvel wouldn't allow her to audition for Wonder Woman
>literally breaks her back filming one of the worst comic book movies ever made
>backseat to Hershlag who didn't even want to be there
>gets backseated by a negress in the upcoming Thor 3 movie
>relegated to a TV star on a shitty show

Is there a bigger cuckquean than Jaime here? Not saying Sif was a shitty character, but it's not a career standout to get her out of the TV rut/supporting cast in movie. Yes DCEU was not looking pretty good with BvS, & SS. Looking back she may have made the safer bet to stick with being Thor's side bitch. But wouldn't the risk be worth it? She could've been on Kimmel, Fallon, & Conan promoting her own movie. Her likeness on toys, and cardboard cutouts where little girls dressed up as WW would be posing next to her with her signature pose. She'd be the one where Hospice girls would wish to see. A missed opportunity to make all sorts of connections with directors and rubbing elbows with Chris Pine as well as rubbing junk with the island chimp, Jason Momoa. A chance wasted, all because she was a fucking chicken that settled for third place.
>>
>>92936745
Derived from a male hero.
>>92936989
Forever stuck in one particular team.
>>
>>92936684

Scarlet Witch before her entire character was sabotaged?

Mrs. Fantastic?
>>
>>92937178
She JUSTed herself
>>
>>92927956
I'd imagine disappointment, she really seemed like she loved WW and really wanted to play her.

On the other hand, Gadot is definitely glad this movie's gonna further her acting career and she'll be getting more offers for big roles by studios on her name alone.
>>
>>92936663
>Haig was not the callous butcher Blackadder made him out to be.

But it makes a great story. Plus he has been dead and buried with everyone who was actually involved in fighting the war.
>>
>>92936684
Marvel wants it to be Carol, because they dont have the movie rights for the far more popular Storm or Jean Grey.
>>
>>92937736
Diana and Carol are nothing alike though, bordering on being polar opposite. Diana's a kind, genial, idealistic mother figure. Carol is a grouchy, brash, cynical warhawk. Not only is this trying to fit a square hole in a round peg, but it ultimately hurts Carol's character. Marvel should embrace her antihero nature, not try to force her into this universally beloved symbol of hope.
>>
File: smug alcoholic.png (192KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
smug alcoholic.png
192KB, 368x368px
>>92936684
Because they already have someone better.
>>
>>92937835
Carol is shit
>>
>>92928547

>Black Widow has no powers so her solo would not be a true superheroine flick

That's like saying every Batman isn't a superhero movie, because he also doesn't have powers.
>>
>>92928597
Marvel has been pushing Carol as WW for the past 5 years, but to no success. Her movie won't help.
>>
>>92928605
And you know this how?
>>
>>92937217
>Scarlet Witch before her entire character was sabotaged?

Are we counting Byrne or Bendis here? Scarlet Witch is certainly a better template for a superheroine movie than Captain Marvel, but like her she doesn't have her own standout stories outside of ensemble stories with the Avengers.
>>
>>92939471
True.
However that anon may be hitting on a greater issue in that Natasha just isn't toyetic, especially not in the MCU.

Batman has no powers, but he's got a bunch of themed gadgets and a distinct costume. Natasha has guns and a black jumpsuit. Her signature logo, isn't a big chest emblem, but an easily overlooked belt buckle. You could transplant her into any generic spy movie and she'd fit in perfectly, but when you line her up next to the other avengers she's notably low key in comparison.
>>
>>92938932
i think i physically threw up in my mouth a bit
>>
>>92928090

>Still has ties with Marvel

She's not even in Thor: Ragnarok, and with this being the last Thor film for a while, she likely won't be back in the role any time soon. If ever.
>>
>>92928605

That's not true and you know it
>>
>>92939601
>she's notably low key in comparison.
You ever wonder if they ought to play that up? She is low key compared to her larger than life teammates. Take this, and turn it to her advantage. Natasha's a spy and a former villain, have her do shady crap on the side to help her friends, and save the day with morally questionable actions.
>>
>>92928547
>Black Widow has no powers so her solo would not be a true superheroine flick
What is Batman's superpower?
>>
>>92939937
Prep time.
>>
>>92939937
box office draw power.
>>
>>92939823
Yeah but at what point does it stop being a superhero story and start being a spy movie?
If you want to do a spy movie with Natasha then yeah, go for it. But you're gonna have to make sure to set audience expectations extremely low for that to sell.

>>92939937
Money.
>>
Marvel is pretty much fucked in this respect tbqh.

They could have done a Black Widow movie ages ago and it would have been successful out of Scarlett Johansson carrying it alone (ie. Lucy). I think at this point they've exhausted the character given that she is in just about every Marvel tie-in movie.
They can't use any of the X-men so they're fucked out of 90% of their other good female characters. And Carol is a forced meme so there's that.
>>
File: monetary gains.jpg (59KB, 1080x559px) Image search: [Google]
monetary gains.jpg
59KB, 1080x559px
>>92939937
>>
>>92940085
I knew one of you at least wouldn't let me down when I set that up, anon.
>>
>>92940046
>Yeah but at what point does it stop being a superhero story and start being a spy movie?
There's still super villains and such. And hell, you could even play with that, exploring the boundaries of genre. Natasha's spy thriller mindset would clash with the other Avengers' more conventional cape methods, and there's where the conflict lies.
>>
>>92939823
>>92939601
Y'know, this will sound a bit ridiculous at first but i actually had a dream about a Black Widow movie that looked and sounded awesome, and could be a strong avenue for a film.

Basically, go with as vibrant and poppy of a Bond type movie as one could, complete with psychedelic intro. Have it be big in scope and hop all around the globe, so you have intriguing sets to show off.

As for the plot, take it from the modern day and have her sent to retrieve a Snowden-type Wikileaks guy who is fleeing to Russia along with state secrets. Have some Red Room agent from her past be also trying to get to him.

The big twist can be that Snowden is lesking genuinely immoral and shady shit that SHIELD / the US is doing. He just wants to tell the world and the Russians want to use the documents for their own purposes and not leak them. The US is having Nat bring him back to pull a JoJo Part V and kill him themselves to silence him, so she ends up going rogue and trying to protect this guy from both Russia's Red Room agents and some notable SHIELD faces like Clint.

I'unno how it'd end but it felt like there was a lot of potential there.
>>
File: ww 20.jpg (145KB, 1000x455px) Image search: [Google]
ww 20.jpg
145KB, 1000x455px
Was going to make a new thread for this but that's dumb. Weekend estimates are in and WW looks to be a huge hit, tracking better than before. $97 million for the weekend.

>5th Update, Saturday writethru after Friday 11:40PM: After weathering lackluster critical scores and OK fan responses with last year’s Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad, all is well and correct in the Warner Bros./DC universe as Wonder Woman is both a hit with critics (94% Certified Fresh Rotten Tomatoes) and audiences alike earning an A CinemaScore on top of her current $97.1M opening. Out of all the titles in the WB/DC canon, Wonder Woman owns one of five rare A grades along with Batman, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. Today will determine if Wonder Woman propels past $100M, and a few believe it’s not out of the question.

>Four weeks ago, Wonder Woman arrived on tracking at $65M and just grew from there to $75M three weeks out, to $90M a few days before its opening. Not only is that evidence of WB’s marketing machine working effectively, but it’s also an example of what happens when Rotten Tomatoes works in a tentpole’s favor, especially as there’s a groundswell of great reviews days before a film opens.

>Compare this to last weekend, when two movies, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales and Baywatch, which originally arrived on tracking a month out with great prospects, saw their B.O. projections dashed days before opening no thanks to the aggregator site’s sour scores. Even though both titles earned decent respective CinemaScores of A- and B+, moviegoers relied instead on Rotten Tomatoes in determining whether to watch those movies or not.

http://deadline.com/2017/06/wonder-woman-captain-underpants-weekend-box-office-opening-1202106462/
>>
>>92940440
RT does have a scary amount of influence on what movies audiences will go see it seems, i'unno how to feel about that
>>
>>92939937
I feel like you asked this question knowing better but yet you felt compelled to ask this why?
>>
>>92939937
He's the batgod now.
>>
>>92940493
That's why they released the reviews at the beginning of the week the internals looked strong.

Yea sure some of it is Hollywood scale thumbing but overall I hope people see things they generally like.
>>
>>92940503
Just wanted someone to deliver the punchline from the JL trailer.
>>
>>92928596
Also DC continues to pay. Marvel gives a check one time, if that.
>>
>>92941054
Plus DC cares about their legacy, which is why they're always calling Adam West and even the guy who played Flash in the 90s back.
>>
>>92940381
>have her sent to retrieve a Snowden-type Wikileaks guy who is fleeing to Russia along with state secrets.

why would you want Black Widow to be the bad guy?
>>
>>92941977
>>92940381

well I look foolish, literally quit reading there when I posted
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.