[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the only good pieces of media from this franchise the original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Teena.jpg (102KB, 670x388px) Image search: [Google]
Teena.jpg
102KB, 670x388px
Are the only good pieces of media from this franchise the original comic series and the original live action movie? It seems most else has been shit, and yet this franchise seems to have the most jaded of fans either way
>>
>>92910999
You didn't like any of the cartoons?

Also I'll fight you if you talking shit about Secret of the Ooze.
>>
>>92912280
>Also I'll fight you if you talking shit about Secret of the Ooze.
Anon please, you know that movie was crapola
>>
>>92910999
There's that turtles vs batman thing. Raz and shredder team up to cause trouble for the whole gang.
>>
No. Not even close.
>>
>>92912964
Turtles ghostbusters crossover then?
>>
>>92912813
What you got against light-hearted fun? Prolly hate 66 Batman too.
>>
>>92913006

Most of Mirage.
The first movie.
A few video games.
Certain parts of Archie.
The first five seasons of the 4kids cartoon.
99.99% of IDW's output.
>>
>>92910999
Idw's comic and 2003 cartoon are fantasyic.
>>
>>92910999
The original cartoon was alright, the IDW run was great, the 2003 cartoon was good, and the new cartoon is also good.
>>
>>92910999
IDW is very good and even Archie at some point is far from shit,
>>
>>92910999
Well here's my opinion
>1987 cartoon
Shit, popular in it's day but still a massive pile of shit
>Archie comic
Shit (quit pretending, you know it is).
>Movie 2
Shit
>Movie 3
Shit
>Next Mutation
Shit
>2003 cartoon
As good as you can expect from the circumstances, holds up fairly well.
>Movie 4
Bad but not shit
>IDW comic
Good, slow paced for some and not everyone likes the approach of refining older concepts but still really good.
>2012 cartoon
It's... Yeah, it sucks if I'm being honest. There is a charm to it but the agenda is obvious and I can't honestly say it's simply just flawed. Sorry, it's just not as good as I want it to be...
>Movie 5
It's shit but not as shit as some would want you to believe, it's biggest sin are the obvious reshoots.
>Movie 6
It's shit that recycles shitty shit of the past into a bigger pile of shit and the fact that it has defenders baffles me.
>>
>>92913252
>>Archie comic
>Shit (quit pretending, you know it is).
First issues by Michtroney maybe but after with Allan it became fun to read,
>>
>>92913232
>the 2003 cartoon was good, and the new cartoon is also good.
>implying they're remotely on the same level
>>
>>92913381
>>the 2003 cartoon was good, and the new cartoon is also good.
>>implying they're remotely on the same level

Yeah they really aren't. It's hard to fathom how a show produced by one of the most infamous anime dub group ever was better written than one made by/for Nickelodeon.
>>
>>92914232
Even a broken clock and all that, I guess. They can't ALWAYS be failures, right?
Plus, Nick kinda has the same problem outside of Avatar (sorry, spongefags).
>>
>>92910999
turtles in time for SNES is incredible
>>
>>92914232
It's not really that hard to fathom.

Obviously their script translating/adapting crew were different from the writers of TMNT who had to make original stories, guys like Marty Isenberg who went on to co-create Transformers Animated and G.I. Joe Renegades, which were also IMO the best spiritual successors to the original 80s shows.

Peter Laird also had a lot of involvement with the series, if you check out his blog, you can see countless notes he shared with the show's writers and directors over the course of writing each episode. Even in Fast Forward, he was still exercising this power, although I guess he was less powerful than Playmates by that point.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.