[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I totally dug Winter Soldier film and Captain's sweet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault (2).jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
12KB, 480x360px
So I totally dug Winter Soldier film and Captain's sweet black ops uniform (kind of annoyed he changed back at the end). But the whole theme of it being very military and espionage was neat. I also like Bucky too, he was a definite threat but not too cartoony.

Cutting to the Chase, don't know much about comics but are there any Cap series which is like this theme. Very real, very Splinter Cell will just the right amount of threat from the bad guys without being OTT.

That boat scene was top notch.
>>
>>92910039
Ed Brubaker's cap comes highly recommended.
Also I think there's an implication he had to ditch that suit because it had tracking devices in it?
>>
>>92910305
Yeah, shame. It was my favourite suit.
>>
File: Captain America4.png (3MB, 2359x3392px) Image search: [Google]
Captain America4.png
3MB, 2359x3392px
While I do love his 40s getup, I like his WS gear. Still, despite his super powers, you'd think he'd have a gun of some kind just to be safe when dealing with a hostage situation.
>>
>>92910598
Stealth. Although I'm sure the boys in tech can come up with a gun that shoots an electrical discharge to disable people.
>>
It's probably the only Marvel film besides Incredible Hulk to take a specific genre approach rather than just generic action-comedy.

Brubaker's Cap is the template for the movie, but I'd recommend Waid's run too, which is what I grew up with. I haven't read Remender's run but I've heard it's similar to Brubaker's.

Spencer's current run is highly contentious. Some say it's pretty good, some say it's pretty bad. Be aware the political slant is heavy and pretty overt, but I think it's OK for superhero comics to be a bit exaggerated with their messages, and everything in it is totally in-line with what Cap's beliefs would be.
>>
Okay, so to confirm. Ed Bru's series is Vol 5 from 2005 to 2009 with 50 issues yes? Is it open and shut or in connection with a different series?
>>
>>92910039
Definitely Brubaker's Cap run and there's also a 12 issue Winter Soldier run he did.

The Cap run is a bit less realistic than the movie though, since Red Skull features heavily in it. It's a great read though and the main inspiration for Cap 2.
>>
On another topic, are there any series based on Cap's WWII days?
>>
Bringing Bucky back was a mistake.
>>
>>92911439
>Captain America Vol 5 #1-24 (2005) (Issues #22-24 take place during the Civil War event)
>Winter Soldier: Winter Kills #1 (2007) (One-shot that takes place during Civil War)
>Captain America Vol 5 #25-50 (Issue #25 takes place at the end of Civil War)
>Captain America #600-601
>Captain America Reborn #1-6 (2009) (Limited Series)
>Captain America: Who Will Wield the Shield #1 (2010) (One-shot)
>Captain America #602-610
>Steve Rogers: Super Soldier #1-4 (2010) (Limited Series)
>Captain America #611-619
>Captain America and Bucky #620-628 (These issues retell Captain and Bucky's origins and early adventures and Ed Brubaker had co-writers)
>Captain America Vol 6 #1-19 (2011)
>Winter Soldier #1-14 (2013)
The full reading list courtesy of reddit. Pretty sure there's a Brubaker Cap torrent around with all the issues in it.
>>
>>92911539
Captain America White
>>
File: patrick-beals-nightnightpistol.jpg (119KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
patrick-beals-nightnightpistol.jpg
119KB, 1366x768px
>>92911171
They literally did in Agents of Shield. They use them in covert ops and when civilians are involved.
>>
>>92910039
>very real
Pfffhahaha!
>>
>>92911665
Cool thanks.
>>92911682
Swanky.
>>
>>92911689
Compared to something like The Avengers, it was.

Very real is a bit stupid because you're still dealing with a supersoldier dude whose friend with a metal arm comes back to life and there's also a guy who had his consciousness stored in a supercomputer, but it still has a more grounded feeling than a movie with an army of Chitauri aliens invading New York from a blue beam in the sky caused by a magic cosmic cube.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.