[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this get such high praises and lauded as the top tier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Killingjoke[1].jpg (48KB, 300x460px) Image search: [Google]
Killingjoke[1].jpg
48KB, 300x460px
Why does this get such high praises and lauded as the top tier of Batman stories? The art is great but that's about it.
>>
t. Alan Moore
>>
>>92895713
The usual Alan Moore shit. Humanity sucks and everything is shitty.
>>
File: RCO047_1468660688.jpg (749KB, 1280x1930px) Image search: [Google]
RCO047_1468660688.jpg
749KB, 1280x1930px
>>92895754
That's literally the opposite of the point, fuck off Joker.
>>
>>92895713
I enjoy it because of how it humanizes joker and batman.

Like so much if the jokers imag is how hes iredemable and pure evil

Yet here batman is the only time really trying to cone to terms.

And the joker for his part almost seems to consider it in a moment of lucidity

Theres so much more to ot then the usual song and dance
>>
>>92895713
The same reasons idiots think Joker is Batman's arch enemy when it's clearly Bane.
>>
>>92895713
Don't hate on your early work, Alan.
>>
>>92895713
>what is context and year of publication
>>
>>92895859
He doesn't hate all of it, just Killing Joke and D.R. & Quinch.
>>
>>92895713
People who like Batman generally have really bad taste. Especially since most people who praise it have never read another comic book.
>>
>>92896279
>most people who praise it have never read another comic book.
Now that it has a movie they won't even have to read one
>>
>>92896279
What would be Superman's killing joke? Red Son?
>>
>>92896465
It may be a bit overrated, but Red Son is still a great book.

You'd have to find something a bit older and staler... something that the creator himself has largely disowned...
>>
>>92896465
Killing Joke was more about Joker than Batman. When it came out people still thought Joker was like the West show: Campy and lighthearted. TDKR was more focused on returning Batman to his dark roots.

Superman's DKR would probably be Kingdom Come. The Lex equivalent to TKJ would probably by Luthor by Azz.
>>
>>92895713
Most of the capeshit "classics" normies flock to show characters at their most psychotic extremes.
It's the reason why people think that before DKR Batman comics were clones of the Adam West show and that before The Watchmen there were no "serious" cape stories.

>>92896465
>>92896502
Injustice
>>
Beats me, OP. It's not even Moore's best Batman story.
>>
File: killyoua.jpg (155KB, 609x372px) Image search: [Google]
killyoua.jpg
155KB, 609x372px
>>92897601
>It's not even Moore's best Batman story.
You mean when Swamp Thing goes to Gotham?
>>
>>92895713

Because it's the best origin story for the Joker.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.