[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cullen Bunn lays out who's in the crosshairs for Deadpool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: 03_DeadPoolKills_post_master.jpg (134KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
03_DeadPoolKills_post_master.jpg
134KB, 960x540px
https://news.marvel.com/comics/66253/deadpool-kills-marvel-universe-hit-list/

>Remember the year 2012? Queen Elizabeth II celebrated her 60th year on the throne. Freakish physical specimens from around the world lifted heavy stuff and ran fast in a thing called “the Olympics.” The Mayan Calendar, regrettably, got proven incorrect in its prediction of the apocalypse. Oh yeah—and Deadpool killed the Marvel Universe.

>On July 5, prepare to do it all over again—the Deadpool killing the Marvel Universe part—with DEADPOOL KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE AGAIN #1! Writer Cullen Bunn and artist Dalibor Talajić reunite with a brand-new five part series as the Merc with a Mouth ravages his way across all of Marvel existence one more time.

>We sat down with Cullen to try and spill one or two secrets about what to expect when Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe, again.

>Marvel.com: Cullen, can you tell us a few names on Deadpool’s kill list? Pretty please!

>Cullen Bunn: He’s killing the entire Marvel universe! That means every name is on the kill list! Duh!

>Actually, that’s not entirely true. This time around, Deadpool isn’t just setting out on rampant murder spree without direction. He has specific targets he’s trying to take out. I kept a growing list of everyone Deadpool kills in the series. That helped us keep all the deaths straight. Trust me, the list is very, very long.

>I don’t want to get into too much detail, but I’ll give you an example of how this series is a little different than the original. When I wrote the first series, lots of fans gave me trouble when Wade killed Spider-Man in the second issue. I can’t blame them. It was tragic. And as a peace offering, in the second issue of this series, Wade goes after the entire Spider-Family. Those spider symbols might as well be targets.

>See? I love you guys. I’m a giver.
>>
>>92895680
I didn't ask for this
>>
File: DPKILLSA2017001cov.jpg (349KB, 1800x2700px) Image search: [Google]
DPKILLSA2017001cov.jpg
349KB, 1800x2700px
>>92895680
>Marvel.com: Who—or what—might be motivating the Merc this time around?

>Cullen Bunn: I could tease them, but that would just make them very angry. They don’t like teasing. And they have Deadpool doing their dirty work for them, and I’ve already been killed by Deadpool more than once.

>Did I say “them”? That would mean there’s more than one person pulling the strings, wouldn’t it?

>It’s true. There is a vast conspiracy at work behind the scenes here. And while we reveal the members of this conspiracy in the first issue, I think figuring out the mystery of what’s going on will be a big part of the fun for readers.

>Marvel.com: What kind of weapons might we witness in use?

>Cullen Bunn: So many weapons!

>As you can imagine, if Deadpool is going to kill some of the Marvel Universe’s heavy hitters, he’s going to need some heavy ordinance. I’m not going to reveal his top secret weapons cache. It’s top secret, after all. But Deadpool’s going to surprise the heroes—and the readers—as only Deadpool can.

>Marvel.com: You’ve mentioned that Dalibor is working with a few different styles for this book—what could that mean?

>Cullen Bunn: With this series, we’re going to be honoring the history of comics and the vastly different styles of comics that have been delighting readers for ages. Of course, we’re honoring these wonderful comics with excessive violence and bloodshed, but that’s what we do. Dalibor has the chance to play with plenty of different styles here, as we explore how Deadpool views the world…and how the world really is. Dalibor kept telling me to challenge him; to “make his eyes bleed”—so I went right along with his request.
>>
Oh look, Marvel's rehashing events AGAIN
>>
File: miles_morales.jpg (11KB, 164x250px) Image search: [Google]
miles_morales.jpg
11KB, 164x250px
>>92895680
>Deadpool is going to kill Miles

Based Bunn.
>>
>>92896019
>events
Sounds like it's just a single book anon, hardly an event. But, meme away.
>>
File: mania fanart.png (182KB, 2104x3928px) Image search: [Google]
mania fanart.png
182KB, 2104x3928px
>>92895680
Do you think Bunn is going to have Deadpool kill his OC? Like, I'm all for it. I'm a massive Maniafag so almost any exposure is good.
>>
>>92896248
Probably, not like that death or any of the deaths in any Character Kills The universe story sticks. I could see him doing it just to take a small stab at her fans
>>
Coming soon from The House of Ideas:
>Marvel NOW NOW NOW!
>Infinity II
>The Dark Phoenix Saga II
>Civil War III
>Dark Reign II
>Squadron Supreme II
>Who Will Wield The Shield II
>Marvel Zombies 7
>Avengers vs. X-men II
>Spider-man: Two More Days
>Siege II
>>
>>92896463
Squadron Supreme and Hyperion should have never ended
>>
>>92896248
What's the deal with Mania?
>>
>>92896248
Mania is guaranteed to appear in Venomverse now that we know Bunn is writing it.
>>
File: venomverse poster large.jpg (661KB, 3925x1207px) Image search: [Google]
venomverse poster large.jpg
661KB, 3925x1207px
>>92897101
Yeah that's one of the reasons I'm excited for it.
>>
File: brock face.png (436KB, 561x461px) Image search: [Google]
brock face.png
436KB, 561x461px
>>92897468
Is anyone else hoping we get a Mania vs Mayhem catfight?
>>
File: Travis_Touchdown.jpg (87KB, 1000x870px) Image search: [Google]
Travis_Touchdown.jpg
87KB, 1000x870px
I actually really like the idea of someone with proper motive and a score to settle going after specific high-profile targets in the Marvel universe, people that have done terrible things in the comics and gotten off completely scot-free or continue to do terrible things that everybody's cool with for some reason, because comic books. A lot of these kills the marvel universe books are just slasher movies though where they kill as many people as possible in as few pages as possible to draw fan ire for attention, though.

The thing I'd like to see is a book where one issue is dedicated to one target and the kills are set up believably rather than "i shoot him in the face why doesn't anyone do that LOL" when you're dealing with a character with psychic precognition.

>This is written as the first writer as the first Deadpool kills everyone
Oh, that's disappointing. Get ready for mempool.
>>
>>92897614
> catfight

who still calls it that? is it a fetish?
>>
>>92896522
It became boring, pointless and the art was worse then Thunderbolts.
>>
>>92895680
Why does Bunn get work, he's awful.
>>
>>92898091
I disagree, I feel like the first arc was mostly an introductory arc, but I really liked everything they had going on, Zarda turned on everyone, Dr Spectrum was struggling with wanting to kill Blackbolt and knowing that he saved her life, Thundra joining their ranks right next to a depowered Power Princess and the way they brought Namor back were all setting up what could have been an epic story, it just got canned way to fast.

If I have to change anything, I would have replaced Blur with Boundless from the Great Society though, Blur was just bland and boring as fuck.
>>
>>92898068
>who still calls it that?

What the fuck do you call it?

> is it a fetish?

Everything is a fetish, anon.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.