[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The next Gorillaz video might use those wonky motion capture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3286.png (96KB, 210x229px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3286.png
96KB, 210x229px
The next Gorillaz video might use those wonky motion capture puppets from the interviews and recent promotional videos

>I can’t tell you what’ll happen, but we’re working with real time animation at the moment. It looks like old, traditional cell animation, and somebody puts on a funny little suit and jumps around, and the characters repeat what that person does. So that means we can do live interviews with the characters, and in the future, they could go on stage and perform, which is something we’ve always wanted to do. We want them to play their own concerts. The technology didn’t exist before, but now we’re almost at the point where they could. I’m going to use that technology for the next video. It might be a dance video. I’m thinking of Michael Jackson’s “Thriller,” still a great video. I fucking love that video. I’m into dance routines.

https://www.juxtapoz.com/news/magazine/features/gorillaz-the-humanz-condition/
>>
>>92890431
As long as the show uses traditional animation, I'm sold. I'm not too partial to the digital puppet thing but I'm just glad they're doing more stuff with the characters.
>>
>>92890431
the new album sucked so who cares
>>
>>92890972
That's, like, your opinion, man
>>
>>92890431
Whats the problem with just making a regular animated video like Saturnz Barz or any of the old ones
>>
File: IMG_1736.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1736.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>92890972
I remember when everyone said that about Plastic Beach.
>>
>>92892712
People were wanking over Rhinestone Eyes, Melancholy Hill and Empire Ants despite saying that Plastic Beach as a whole sucked back then. Nobody's celebrating anything on Humanz
>>
>>92892766
1) "Nobody" implies unison, and on 4chan we disagree just to disagree.
2) Mostly people only liked Stylo and Rhinestone Eyes. The rest got popular later. A fair amount actually liked Superfast Jellyfish though, but most posts were bitching about how the album was shit.
3) /co/ praises Andromeda, Busted And Blue, We Got The Power, and Out Of Body.
>>
>>92892538
Because it's Gorillaz, they like to do experimental shit since day one.
>>
>>92890972

Agreed

Not enough 2D, too much noggish music, politics are way too unsubtle, and overall nothing really special.

>inb4 "collaboration was always a thing!"
>inb4 "they've always had noggish music!"
>inb4 "they've always been political!"

Yeah true, whatever, but too much is too much, and they could've made a, yknow, GOOD album with those things.
>>
What song do you guys hope it'll be for? I'm hoping that Busted and Blue, Andromeda and/or Charger get videos, but I'm guessing that it's gonna be for Momentz.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.