[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good animated films from the last years that arent't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

What are some good animated films from the last years that arent't pixar/disney?
>>
>>92888283

Song of the Sea (same studio as Kells)

Long Way North (same people have western film coming out sometime soon as well)

April and the Extraordinary World

The Painting

The Prophet

Santa's Apprentice & sequel Magic Snowflake (maybe not the greatest but simple and fantastic artwork)

The Illusionist (depressing)

Anything that Laika studios has ever done
>>
>>92888283

The Little Prince
The Book of Life
Ernest & Celestine
>>
I enjoyed The Croods and both How To Train Your Dragon films from DreamWorks.
>>
>>92888701
>The Book of Life

Like, it's fine but I wouldn't call it good. The artwork and animation is incredible though.
>>
>>92891084
Just like OP's pic and most other animated flicks, so fuck off
>>
>>92891084

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-fkmRaX0Wk

It needed more coherent story then it would be even 8/10
>>
>>92888450
>Song of the Sea (same studio as Kells)
Good man to list that.

I haven't seen most those others though. Will check it out.
>>
>>92891084
I actually liked it. I'd call it good.
>>
File: Alvin_and_The_Teenmunks_by_CTW36.jpg (148KB, 840x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Alvin_and_The_Teenmunks_by_CTW36.jpg
148KB, 840x1090px
>>92888283
The Chipmunk Adventure (1987)

Back when animation was done by hand. Catchy songs that aren't all parodies of then trending songs of the day. Also nice slice of the mid to late 1980s setting.
>>
>>92888283
Last Unicorn, the (1982)

I'd call this film good but it's missing a few elements from the books that really tie the story together into a better narrative. Still not bad.

Secret of Nimh, the (1983)
Probably Don Bluth's best film bar none.
>>
Might recommend Don Bluth's "Land Before Time", the very first one. It's short, only 1hr and 10 min. And pretty dark, but probably still good. Beautifully animated from what I remember.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.