[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People call the MCU a "legitimate" Marvel universe.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: marvel-46.jpg (148KB, 590x290px) Image search: [Google]
marvel-46.jpg
148KB, 590x290px
People call the MCU a "legitimate" Marvel universe.

>About 10 years have passed since Iron Man
>Avengers have barely formed

>about 13 years since the Fantastic Four formed
>literally the entire history of Marvel comics since

People who put the MCU on the same pedestal as 616 disgust me.
>>
>>92885193
Are you really asking for more super hero films?
>>
>>92885193
Because

1) 616 has the advantage of multiple stories coming out each month. The MCU has 3 plus a few seasons of TV each year.

2) The MCU passes in real-time. 616 doesn't. Actors age. You can't release a film in 1969 and a sequel in 2017 and act as if they are only a couple months apart timewise while still updating the setting to their respective eras. The most recent 616 Spider-Man origin had him becoming popular because people talked about him on the internet in 2000.

Basically, 616 doesn't give a shit about the timeline whereas MCU films are set the day they come out in theaters, give or take Phase 1, Guardians 2, and Homecoming.
>>
Granted, the GOTG have devolved since the GOTG film.
>>
File: 1472549114305.png (51KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
1472549114305.png
51KB, 200x195px
Op
>>
Thing is, the MCU actually puts their villains down so they don't come back again for a future story. They stopped Ultron, blew up Ego, and Red Skull still hasn't returned.
>>
>>92885492
Yet.
>>
>>92885444
>GOTG has been on a downslide since their one and only good run ended in 2010

ftfy
>>
>>92885193
Are you seriously defending the dumbass sliding timeline?
>>
>>92885193

MCU set in real time

616 has a sliding time scale

You can't really compare the two
>>
I'm actually kind of excited about the idea of characters permadying in the MCU and they go with other characters to take over the mantle. Like, we can have Marvel finally move beyond Iron Man and Captain America as the face of the universe.
>>
>>92885193
You do know that one year of Marvel time is like five years in the real world, right?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.