[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Distinctively remember Looney Toons >Google it >It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: 1441108208388.jpg (65KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1441108208388.jpg
65KB, 601x601px
>Distinctively remember Looney Toons
>Google it
>It was 'Looney Tunes' the entire time
WHAT UNIVERSE AM I IN
WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE
>>
Why do people make such a huge deal about this type of mistake? The "Mandela effect" or whatever is not nearly as interesting as it's made out to be.
>>
>>92882658
this is the timeline where thatcher got elected and ended up causing a global economic crisis
>>
>>92882658
>Distinctively remember Looney Shits.
>Google it
>It was Looney Tunes the whole time

WHERE AM I?!!
>>
>>92882685
Earth-33, worst place in the multiverse. Hi!
>>
>no Mandela effect [Stand]
>>
What the fuck why is Donald Trump the president here
>>
>Distinctively remember Wensday
>Google it
>It was 'Wednesday' the entire time
wtf?
>>
File: 1478667830136.jpg (218KB, 597x1178px) Image search: [Google]
1478667830136.jpg
218KB, 597x1178px
>>
>>92882842
I saved the Pepe. What now, huh?
>>
>>92882670
>is not nearly as interesting
I disagree
I don't really believe in it but it is interesting reading theories and stories that people come up with
>>
Cartoon is derived from the Italian "cartone", itself an adaptation of the Latin "carta" and the same place we get the word "card" from, used to refer to a drawing done on paper.

Looney Tunes (along with Merrie Melodies) was a parody title riffing on Disney's Silly Symphonies. Over time, the "Tunes" and "Toons" became intermixed as Roger Rabbit coined the term "toon" to refer to beings, settings, and tropes within a cartoon world.

Much like the actual Berenstain nonsense, children who grow up with the word spoken will often latch onto an interpretation of pronunciation that makes sense; ie remembering the word incorrectly.
>>
>>92882901
They're fucking stupid all the theories boil down to "I couldn't have made a mistake. It was the universe changing".
>>
>>92882658
Yeah, because they used music and one of their competitors was Merry Melodies. Get over it
>>
I thought it was called Looney Toons as a child because I didn't realise Americans pronounce both words the same.

Which I still think is weird because they don't say cute the same as coot.
>>
>>92882670
its very interesting from a psychological perspective, some people are more willing to believe they somehow jumped universes than they remembered shit wrong.

i think it speaks volumes
>>
>>92882969
I mean I understand but to me anyways there is just something fun about the idea
Obviously its just people not remembering correctly
>>
>>92882658
>Americans dont pronounce tunes as "choons"

threes you probes, speak proper fucking English
>>
doesn't help when " tiny toons " exists
>>
File: 4 (1).jpg (34KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
4 (1).jpg
34KB, 400x300px
>Silly SYMPHONIES
>Merrie MELODIES
>Loony TUNES
>etc

Do I have to explain this to the brainlets every time? It's always been Loony -Tunes-, as the namesake is a parody of Disney's successful 1930's series.
>>
>>92882931
Most informed post in the whole thread goes ignored. A travesty.
>>
Well it's Tiny TOON. Does that make you feel better op?
>>
>>92883698
But then it has a girl named after Merry Melodies
>>
>>92882931
Too good for /co/
>>
>>92882931
epbp
>>
>>92882702
okay serious question, why the FUCK is Wednesday pronounced as Wensday instead of wed-nes-day?

why is the "D" and second "E" silent?

WHY DO SILENT LETTERS EVEN FUCKING EXIST?!
>>
>>92882931
so if it weren't for roger goddamn fucking rabbit, "toon" as a word wouldn't exist? Well I'll be damned.
>>
>>92884582
English is shit when it comes to pronunciation rules. It's like they couldn't decide which letter made which sounds, so they made it up on the spot for every single word.
>>
>>92882658
There was a spinoff called Tiny Toons, so you might have confused it with Looney Tunes.
>>
>>92882658

>always remember sex in the city
>its actually sex AND the city

yeah, i dont fucking belong here.
>>
>>92884582
The name comes from Wodan, the Germanic name for Odin.

Over time the O sound in "Wodan's Day" became an E sound and the spelling changed.

Similarly for "Thor's Day" the O became a U and we got Thursday.
>>
File: Wee Bey Huh.gif (2MB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
Wee Bey Huh.gif
2MB, 288x288px
>>92882931
Today I learned something interesting
>>
>>92884614
its because modern english is essentially 100% loanwords, so different words play by different rules depending on which language they were borrowed from
>>
>>92883063
>Americans pronounce both words the same.
They don't.
>>
>>92885195
Well fuck. I thought it was 'in' too.
>>
>>92882670
Because they're fucking stupid.
It's such an easy thing to explain too.
>>
>>92882846
you're going to the shadow realm kiddo
>>
>>92883124
exactly this
the amount of convoluted shit people make out to avoid admitting a mistake is amazing
>>
File: 2345234532.png (304KB, 584x565px) Image search: [Google]
2345234532.png
304KB, 584x565px
>>92882658
>Be /x/ fag
>Have shitty memory regarding specific object
>When you look into it it turns out your shitty memory was slightly off
>Being the flat earth believing, completely detached from any concept of reality fag that you are come up with some ridiculous theory that you somehow ended up in a different universe instead of the simple explanation that your memory is shit
God I miss old /x/, that board has become completely unsalvageable at this point
>>
>>92882685
In your mothers basement.
>>
>>92882658
You are probably confusing it with Tiny Toons
>>
>>92882670
>The "Mandela effect"
>not the Bearnstien effect.
This always bothered me. Mandela was still alive while /x/ was discussing this, so why does it have to be named after him(not that it matters)
>>
File: are you seeing this bullshit.jpg (22KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
are you seeing this bullshit.jpg
22KB, 320x240px
>Johnny Quest has actually been JONNY Quest the whole time
>>
>>92887382
Because a lot of people believed he was dead. That's where the name comes from IIRC.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.