[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>Marvel made a deal for Spider-Man back in the MCU >>Didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

>>Marvel made a deal for Spider-Man back in the MCU
>>Didn't bother to include the symbiotes, the biggest thing to come out of the Spider-Man franchise outside.

Is Marvel retarded?
>>
Symbiotes aren't kiddy friendly
>>
>>92875796
Well they did let a planet give his son's mom cancer.
>>
I'd say sony is retarded, for trying to start a SpiderMan-CU, without Spiderman
>>
>>92875767
They might still have access to the symbiotes. It feels to me like Sony is going for a darker, more mature approach to the symbiotes in their offshoot "Spider-Man Universe Without Spider-Man", whereas an MCU version would probably be more family-friendly.
>>
>>92875825
>one brief moment of dialog is the same as an entire movie of symbiote shenanigans

Let me know when the MCU goes for an R-rating
>>
>>92875796
You shitting me? What part of symbiotes aren't kid friendly? I mean, GOTG 2 had Yondu murder his entire ship of men, and the first film had stuff like Groot ripping off some guy's nose. The first line of Age of Ultron is "SHIT!"

NO SERIOUSLY, why aren't Symbiotes kids friendly? THey are used all over the cartoons!
>>
>>92875767

I'm actually glad. The symbiotes were one of the (if not, the most) cringeiest things to come out of the Spidey franchise. I'm glad we possibly won't have to suffer them in the MCU.
>>
>>92876082
Yeah, cause Peter Parker and his teenage high school nobodies and him always saying "Mr. Stark" isn't going to get old.
>>
>>92875981
>GOTG 2 had Yondu murder his entire ship of men

While playing music to make it funny.

>THey are used all over the cartoons!

You can't understand how a drawing and a "realistic" CGI render have different effects on kids?
>>
>>92876098

Not yet at least.

Whereas symbiotes got old and boring since the 90s, or earlier
>>
>>92876113
Dude, where you ever a kid? Monster designs are LOVED by kids, and there's a reason why Venom is so popular in the normie circles. He looks fucking awesome. Kids loved Dinosaurs and shit, so becoming a goop monster and fucking shit up like the Hulk? Kids would LOVE that shit!
>>92876125
The Symbiotes are still being used regularly in comics. But I'm sorry, I'm sure the Vulture and Ned Leeds will have a long legacy in the films.
>>
>>92876177
>The Symbiotes are still being used regularly in comics

Yeah, and Harley Quinn's being shoehorned as a leading character in DC. Doesn't mean they aren't any less shit and boring than they actually are.
>>
>>92876231
By that logic, Hulk and the Punisher aren't interesting. Hell, Iron Man has never been interesting in the comics.
>>
>>92876291
>Hell, Iron Man has never been interesting in the comics.

Maybe. But the symbiotes have NEVER been interesting.
>>
>>92876386
If symbiotes have never been interesting, why is it that every Spider-Man cartoon and every Spider-Man video game has used them? Hell, he was the Season 1 finale villain for Spectacular Spider-Man. The general concept of having these goop beings that attach to you is pretty unique and cool.

Why you gotta be such a shit?
>>
You don't think they tried? They didn't have enough chips to barter. They probably had to bend over backwards to get Spider-Man back.
>>
>>92875978
>>92875981
A symbiote movie would be darker in tone. AKA not a kid's movie. You couldn't do Venom or Carnage without murder and serious tones.
>>
>>92876682
Guardians of the Galaxy was chucked full of murder.
>>
>>92876682
>You couldn't do Venom or Carnage without murder and serious tones.
You make it sound like Venom just goes around killing civilians. And you can still do Carnage in a PG-13 setting.
>>
File: toxin.png (3MB, 1400x1695px) Image search: [Google]
toxin.png
3MB, 1400x1695px
>>92876682
Do Toxin, sure he's not as well known as Venom or Carnage but if Ant-Man and Guardians can be successes they Toxin would work.
>>
>>92875767
symbiotes are fucking dumb and Spidey gets on fine without that horribly contrived bullshit
>>
Weren't they just sharing the rights to get Civil War and Homecoming made?

If so, Symbiotes weren't going to fit in the plans anyway. There's not enough time to devote to them.
>>
>>92877955
Plus Sony probably would ask for much to use him as they wouldn't think he would sell to normies.
>>
>>92877955
Nobody gives a fuck about toxin.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.