[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people act like Bale's Batman was the best cinematographic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 26

File: ben-affleck-s-batman.jpg (129KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
ben-affleck-s-batman.jpg
129KB, 1200x800px
Why do people act like Bale's Batman was the best cinematographic Batman, when Affleck was clearly superior?
>>
>>92867978
cause Bale's Batman was in better movies
>>
>>92867978
Affleck is the superior batman in a shitty movie
Bale is the inferior batman in a good movie
>>
>>92867978
people r dummies
>>
>>92867989
>better movies

>the one no one remembers
>the other one eveyone just remembers the edgy clonw
>the third no one but /tv/ remembers

People still fall for the Nolan meme? I'm looking foward the new Batman movies, because I belive they will be memorable, and will show the real batman, not just some bland detective ninja.
>>
>>92867978
they do?
everyone I know thinks Baleman was a fucking joke
>>
>>92867978
More people saw Bale's Batman.
>>
Bale Bats costume and voice is pretty shit. Movies were fine but the antagonists were the ones people remember.
>>
File: ben-affleck-rewrote-batman.jpg (107KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
ben-affleck-rewrote-batman.jpg
107KB, 1200x630px
>>92867978
Ben is was leagues better than Bale. But BB and TDK are better movies and the reason why BM got so big today, so people will fight for Bale's shitty Bruce and throat cancer Bats forever.
>>
They're both good. Michael Keaton was good too. Hell, Adam west was good. Can't say much for Val Kilmer, but even George Clooney was alright.
>>
Because Batffleck was as its peak skillwise, but mentally he was at an all-time low.

Which I was fine with personally, even if I didn't like having him kill.
>>
>>92867978
Battfleck was goat. I hope the poor schmuck gets his life together in rehab and we see more of him. He's truly a great Batman and a great Bruce Wayne too.

Also, question for /co/.
His trailer line
>what's your supwerpower?
>I'm rich.
Would you have preferred if his answer was
>I'm Batman.
>>
>>92869444
>Trips

Id be fine with either one desu
>>
>>92869400
In his older age Batman had turned himself into a fucking monster (I maintain old man strength is a thing).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1388461003&feature=iv&src_vid=qjtQGqGJFk4&v=MyVPh3Usrho
>I never ever ever get tired of watching this scene. Every time I find new things to enjoy.
>>
>>92867978
>>92868059
Do they? All they do shit on bale and his voice
>>
>>92868197
What makes you think no one remembers them? What would make the new ones memorable? Why is that so important when clearly all you want is something "accurate"?
>>
>>92869540
Great scene. By far of of the most Batmanesque moment in live-action we've ever had.
My favorite part is when he jumps over the crate.
>>
>>92869730
I'm most surprised by the fact that he employed a batarang into his combo sequence. I don't know what event to call that thing. I fucking bat shaped knife?
>>
>>92869444
I'm rich feels more right than doing the HISHE gag in an official form.
>>
>>92869268
I think all these batman movies have something special and memorable about them. I know people have preferences, but it's still weird seeing fan boys after decades target one or more of them to take away any legitimacy or imapct they have. You can't do it, it's too late. They've made their mark.
>>
Affleck was good as Bruce but he was god awful as Batman. Which is weird cause I fully expected it to be the other way around.
>>
>>92869875
Agreed. One of the most tired parts of any fandom, but comics-turned-into-movies especially, is that people try to signal how much of a fan they are by loudly stating how much a certain movie or character portrayal isn't "good enough." I've been a comics fan for over 30 years, and I'm definitely old enough to remember wishing with all my heart for someone to make movies about my favorite characters. I never thought I would ever see Captain America or Iron Man or even Batman in a live-action film. I've been living a fanboy's dream for the last couple decades and couldn't be happier.
>>
>>92869932
He was great as Bruce Wayne, are you insane?
>>
>>92868197
>I'm looking foward the new Batman movies
Unless JL recaptures WW's success, there won't be more Batman movies.
>>
>>92870113
Can you read?
>>
>>92870220
Apparently I have a comprehension problem. I meant to say:

He was great as Batman, are you insane?
>>
>>92869932
What is god awful about Affleck's Batman? I personally think his Bruce and his Batman were pretty similar, which is good.
>>
Because 'not muh Batman" and the others being better movies overall.
>>
>>92867978
Ben Affleck is a terrible Batman. I couldn't stop laughing at all his terrible acting when I watched BvS.

Christian Bale was serviceable, but the real draw was the great cinematography, phenomenal acting talent from the ensemble cast, and excellent storytelling.
>>
>>92867978
Maybe because "MUH MARTHA"

The Martha stuff brought his character down and is very memetic
>>
>>92867978
>the quality of a Batman is determined by how long the director spends wanking over dead parents

welp

can't argue with that logic
>>
>>92870317
>>92870357
I just didn't find his delivery on any of the Batman lines convincing. Batman's showdown with Supes was really hollow whereas Bruce's conversation with Lex and Clark at the gala was fantastic. That's just my opinion though.
>>
>>92868197
Dude, everybody remembers Begins and TDKR. You must be thinking about Thor or something.
>>
>>92867978
Bale was a better Bruce Wayne
Ben was a better Batman
>>
>>92867989
fpbp

Bale's Batman was weak, but his movies were well-received and enjoyed even by people who aren't comic fans.

Affleck's Batman is good but he's in mediocre movies.
>>
>>92867978
Affleck was a good Batman stuck in a shitty movie, Bale was actually in good movies.
>>
>>92870645
>everybody remembers Begins

TDKR is debatable, but people only started caring about Nolan's Batman after the gay cowboy died,
>>
File: i_guess_were_doing_this_now.png (67KB, 192x251px) Image search: [Google]
i_guess_were_doing_this_now.png
67KB, 192x251px
>>92868197
>liking the nolan movies is somehow a meme
>>
>>92870650
Bale did play a very convincing Bruce Wayne. His Batman was not very compelling. Kevin Conroy is the best Batman and Bruce Wayne.
>>
>Batfleck
>The man who dresses up as a thug at night, murders people with guns, and ambushes loving parents in alleyways right in front of their kid

It really makes you think.
>>
>>92867978
In what fucking way was Batfleck a good Batman?
>easily manipulated
>terrible detective
>gives into rage
>kills tons of people like it's nothing
>was literally a second away from killing Superman until he was triggered by his moms name
He's literally the worst Batman there's ever been.
>>
>>92870915
This is why Ben Affleck as Batman sucks. He's essentially playing Frank Miller's shitty version of Batman.
>>
>>92870945
>batman must be perfect

This is why BvS batman is so good, he has flaws. Like a real human. Batfags just can't live with the fact that Batman can also make mistakes.
>>
>>92871025
No, that's how Batman is supposed to act. Zack Snyder's Batman is reductive and insane.
>>
>>92871025
Yeah I know right.

I mean who hasn't given into their rage and killed a few dozen people? Those brutal and casual killings reminded me of just how human he was when he then took on a warehouse full of armed guys before fighting an unkillable space monster.

He's just like real people.
>>
People like to say fucking retarded shit like "Bale was a better Bruce Wayne" because for some reason the popular image of Batman is that Wayne is like a smarmy, airheaded party-boy.

In the comics Wayne is a politically active and idealistic man who uses his money to help the city.
>>
>>92871025
Acting out of character isn't the same as having flaws fucktard. Arkham Batman had flaws but he was still in-character.
>>
File: link_he.jpg (7KB, 161x167px) Image search: [Google]
link_he.jpg
7KB, 161x167px
>>92867989

I wish i could argue this but I can't

Snyder fucked DC pretty hard
>>
>>92871183
>In the comics
The comics have been around for almost a century and have passed tons of hands. Bruce Wayne has been everything.
>>
>>92867978
Because Batfleck was written like an unlikable psychopath
>>
>>92867978
Dat jawline, though!
>>
>>92867978
I don't get the love for any bit of the Nolan movies. Nolan is bland and soulless. Bale's performance is very silly and the silly looking "tactical" costume would shrink when it got cold which would fuck Bale's performance even more (and cause him to almost pass out). Mouth Breather Man.
>>
>>92871183
Bruce Wayne as been both and Bale's Wayne did both too.
>>
>>92871183
Insofar as you're trying to write the definitive Bruce Wayne persona, especially at the beginning of Bruce's crimefighting career, Bale's version is perfect. The whole reason for the persona is so nobody could possibly think of Bruce as being Batman, which is incredibly necessary because, when you think about it, a very fit billionaire who is the owner of a heavy manufacturing company and who has a MOTIVE to fight crime is an EXCELLENT candidate to be Batman. That's precisely why the Bruce Wayne persona is that of an airheaded rich partyboy who fucks models and drinks a lot. Bruce has a huge amount of suspicion to allay.
>>
>>92871183
and DCEUfags like to say retarded shit like "Batfleck is the best Batman ever because of one fight scene where he brutally killed a bunch of people and because of his suit/build" because for some reason they think the look and a fight make someone a good Batman.
>>
>>92871169
You say like he has snapped the necks of the bad guys one by one. It was a casuality, they are not even shown to be dead.

And I meant to say having flaws is human, not all the superhero feats. learn some interpretation.
>>
File: 1483428227375.jpg (74KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1483428227375.jpg
74KB, 1024x768px
>>92867978
>DUDE ANOTHER BALE VS AFFLECK NOLAN VS SNYDER THREAD
oh boy I'm sure this thread won't be stupidly cunty
>>
I liked BvS. It was a good movie.
>>
>>92871378
>You say like he has snapped the necks of the bad guys one by one.
see >>92869540 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO1ydIZNaNY&t
>they are not even shown to be dead.
Oh yeah, I'm sure all the guys in the cars that he blew up or completely destroyed with bullets just have a broken bone or two. They probably walked it off.
>I meant to say having flaws is human, not all the superhero feats. learn some interpretation.

>admits he says wrong thing
>tells me I'm at fault for not understanding
learn some English

>having flaws is human, not all the superhero feats
Even if I accept your incredibly stupid premise that we're just supposed to look at Batfleck as a completely normal human despite all the other utterly impossible shit he does, how does that go against what I said in regards to casually killing dozens of people? That's not a normal human flaw.
>>
>>92867978
Keaton was easily the best Bruce Wayne; outwardly charming yet with an undertone of psychotic danger. A solid Batman.

Bale was solid in both aspects, thougg his Bruce was overly smug, and his Batman voice was absurd.
"Hockeypaaaannntsss!"

Affleck was effective as both Bruce and Batman.
>>
>>92871408
It seems I have a Ben in my bellfry.
>>
>>92871581
No it wasn't and you're likely autistic
>>
>>92870452
>Christian Bale was serviceable, but the real draw was the great cinematography, phenomenal acting talent from the ensemble cast, and excellent storytelling.

The only complete and 100% correct answer in this thread.
>>
>>92871704
>No it wasn't
Objective source?
>>
>>92871743
But the first line of that post is incorrect.
>>
File: IMG_6283.jpg (92KB, 640x580px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6283.jpg
92KB, 640x580px
>>92871752
>>
>>92871853
That's just a collection of subjective opinions though.
Got anything objective?
>>
>>92871885
Show me objective proof the movie was good.
>>
>>92870452
>Ben Affleck is a terrible Batman. I couldn't stop laughing at all his terrible acting when I watched BvS.
Sorry he didn't overact with a dumb voice in every scene and Scream "Where's the trigger, Where is it"

Seriously you have shit taste.
>>
>>92871933
The burden of proof is on you, you fool.
>>
>>92871933
It was good, but everyone who says it wasn't are deliberately misinterpreting things, so it's impossible to argue.
>>
>>92871995
this
Applies to MoS too.
>DUDE PA KENT WAS PRO CHILD DEATH LMAO
>>
>>92871957
It's on you. You made the claim it was a good movie.

I know what you're doing. You're trying to bait me into an endless loop because you can't accept it was a shitty movie.
>>
>>92872024
I see this conversation is going nowhere fast.
Bottom line is that you have no objective proof that it was bad.

Unless you can show it to me.
>>
>>92870650
Bale's Bruce was shit tho. He didn't want to be Batman. Was obsessed with a stupid girl. Never once did I think I should give a fuck about his "pain" except for in BB and that was the one scene when he wanted to kill his parent's killers.
>>easily manipulated
So was Bale's
>terrible detective
So was Bale's
>gives into rage
So did Bale's
So did Bale''s
>was literally a second away from killing Superman until he was triggered by his moms name
For good reason.
>>
>>92867978
Bale was appropriate for normies, GA considers Abatman is ugly and an asshole. Bat vs super wasn't popular in RF
>>
>>92872063
>so did Bale''s

This. People, conveniently, forget Batman killed a whole school of ninjas (not that anyone remembers Begins anyway)
>>
>>92872114
shh
You're dismantling the narrative.
>>
>>92872114
The fire and explosion probably killed the one guy he did not want to execute, along with all the other prisoners in cages. But Wayne kept the moral high ground, and that's what matters.
>>
>>92871948
>and Scream "Where's the trigger, Where is it"
You're right. "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME??????" is soooooo much better.
>>
>>92872058
Different anon. Show me objective proof that the movie was good.
>>
>>92868197
>bland detective ninja
this is just Batman
>>
>>92868197
Begins had a great scarecrow
TDK had Ledger
Rises had memes

Batfleck is good casting in a turd slurry of a film universe so no one cares.
>>
>>92867978
Best uniform

Pays homage to Bale with the voice
>>
>>92867978
Mods for fucks sake you know better.
>>
>>92871948
"SWEAR TO ME" was great, though
>>
File: Nolan_Scarecrow.jpg (14KB, 250x389px) Image search: [Google]
Nolan_Scarecrow.jpg
14KB, 250x389px
>>92872591
>this
>great

If if he was, after the Arkham series I can't take any other Scarecrow seriously
>>
>>92868197
>not just some bland detective ninja.

Oh how we take things for granted, when Begins came out, we were so happy someone finally did a Batman movie where he's an actual detective and martial artist.
>>
>>92872845
you sound like you're 12. you may not be. but you sound like a twelve year old.
>>
NolanBats
>Not smug
>Doesn't look like Bruce or Batman
>Wanted to stop being Batman and did.
>Only came back because he was going through a mild life crisis
>Cared more about a dumb girl than Gotham
>is a manlet
>Shit detective
>Can't make his shit and has to have lucius fox make it for him
>gets his as kicked by a bald manlet with a mask
>Not a ladies man
>has a "no kill" rule that he breaks all the time
>Has a "no guns" rule but still has them on the batmobile and Bat wing
>Ungrateful to the point that Alfred gave up on him
>Never had a Robin
SnyderBats
>Is smug
>Looks like Bruce and IS Batman.
>Still Batman even in his 40s
>Stayed Batman to fight gods
>Never settled down because of his mission for Gotham
>IS a Big guy
>Shit Detective but still did way more detective work.
>Makes all his shit
>Made a God bleed then went on to beat 2 dozen armed men and then help fight Doomsday that is strong enough to kill Superman.
>Fucks hot Bimbos and romances qt Amazon Princesses.
>Doesn't have a no kill rule for the movie but regains it by the end. So at least it makes sense unlike Bale's Kills.
>Doesn't care if people use guns
>Ungrateful to Alfred but makes up to him by admitting he was wrong after beating Superman. And Alfred still stands by his side.
>Had a Robin

Only Casuals think Bale is better than Ben who is sexy perfection.
>>
File: batman v superman.jpg (619KB, 1205x1561px) Image search: [Google]
batman v superman.jpg
619KB, 1205x1561px
>plastic muscles molded into Afflecks costume that look fake as fuck and obviously not Afflack's actual muscles, meanwhile Nolan's batsuit had amor pieces that are actually functional on a combat suit

>Affleck's Batman "I HAVE TO FIGHT SUPERMAN BECAUSE...UM...IF THERE'S A 1% CHANCE HE IS BAD I HAVE TO END HIM, EVEN THOUGH ALFRED AND TV FOOTAGE SHOWING SUPERMAN SAVING EXPLODING ROCKETS AND RUN-AGROUND TANKER BOATS OBVIOUSLY SHOWS THE GUY IS GOOD, I HAVE TO FIGHT HIM!!! I WILL FIGHT HIM, UNTIL HE SAYS MY MOTHERS NAME, THEN WE CAN BE BROS"

Snyder/Affleck Batman was a fucking joke

Nolan gave Batman intelligence and stealth, Snyder turned Batman into a videogame brawler for mouthbreathers
>>
>>92873145
You forgot
NolanBats
>is not in a shitty snydermovie
SnyderBats
Is in a shitty snydermovie
>>
>>92873145
This post is all you need to prove that DCEUfags are autistic.
>>
>>92873145
I never like to say this, but anon, kys.
>>
>>92871885
Entertainment IS subjective.

Grow the fuck up anon.
>>
>>92872886
>whoever disagrees with me is a kid

Nolanfags in a nutshell
>>
>>92873215
Don't be mad because Bale's a shitty Batman. It's better to learn this now so you don't embarrass yourself.
>>
>>92873278
Why are you telling him to grow up if you're agreeing with him?
>>
>>92873145
>had a Robin

this is a con
Robin is the worst thing to ever happen to Batman. Robin and Bat-Mite are the same character.
>>
File: When_Im_Shitposting.png (566KB, 890x388px) Image search: [Google]
When_Im_Shitposting.png
566KB, 890x388px
>>92873292
No, you are refusing to give documented evidence to support your claims.

Instead, you have opted to insult those who do not agree with you.

Post your thesis, provide an argument, and use evidence to support your claims.

Using terms like: "casuals" and "Noloanfags" does not help your argument.
>>
I think it's interesting to compare and contrast Nolan and Affleck's take on the character. Personally, both of them had completely different requirements placed upon them and each of their respective universes place constraints that make a straight comparison impossible.

All that jibber jabber aside, I think it's neat to compare how each Batman faced off against his enemies.

>Blale Batman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtrF4RGl2nI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqLDCIZ1DIs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhn8VVtrfDk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTpf7mo8voE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDuetklFtDQ

>Battfleck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--oi-vdBFoQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58KXLPE7M_s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y4LlY-on3k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oufremzw7d8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1388461003&feature=iv&src_vid=qjtQGqGJFk4&v=MyVPh3Usrho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4avERlXclo

I think I may have been too hard on the Nolan series in hindsight. I need to go back and give them all a rewatch.
>>
>>92870635
I really fucking loved the "well, here I am" lines he gives to Supes
>>
>>92873703
That "Hanging from the room corner" scene in BvS was super silly. Unintentionally; I could respect it otherwise. The preview's frozen frame makes it look extra retarded.
>>
>>92873364
I've seen some shit taste over the years, but I think this is the worst.
>>
>>92869540
I love the bit where he suplexes that guy
>>
>>92870915
>implying Keaton Batman didn't have a murder boner
>Deadshot dindu nuffin

Whatever you say anon
>>
>>92875175
Not that anon, but even when Deadshot definitely needed to be taken down...
>I don't wanna do this in front of your kid
That's complete bullshit, Batman. You've been stalking him and appeared in front of him right in front of his kid, instead of waiting for her to be given back to her mom. It's not like it was the only moment where you could've found Deadshot at a disadvantage: You full well chose it.
>>
>>92867978
Both sucked.
Best Batman was Keaton.
>>
File: The-Axe-Man-Is-Deeply-Disturbed.jpg (118KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
The-Axe-Man-Is-Deeply-Disturbed.jpg
118KB, 408x408px
>>92870635
>"I UNDERSTAND"
>"You're not brave, Men are brave"
>"I bet your parents taught you that you mean something, that you're here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter for no reason at all... They taught me the world only makes sense if you force it to. "
How the fuck did you think his Batman lines weren't amazingly well done? Literally the only things great in the movie.
>>
>>92872407
>autistic man child who dresses like a bat acts like an autistic man child

I thought both were fine
>>
>>92869540
>Master Wayne, I've actually gone and done your detective work for you
>Thank you, Alfred. I didn't want it to get in the way of all my ass kicking. Don't wanna be seen like some kind of dweeb who does thinking shit.
Fucking Zack Snyder.
>>
>>92867989
This. Even though I think Affleck was better (which isn't saying much).
Batman is never the most interesting character in the movies he appears in. He is completely dependent on the quality of the films and the supporting cast he has to interact if.
>>
>>92867978
Bale was easily the best Bruce Wayne. I still think Kilmer was the best Batman. He just had the right tone and attitude for me, not overly gritty but not too wacky.
>>
>>92869540
I hadn't really noticed it before, but in TDK Batman sees violating people's privacy and performing illegal tapping and searching on people's phones as a necessary evil to be used because of a huge immediate threat. And it's a power he gives up as soon as the threat is over.

While Batfleck is so far gone he and his butler do it so regularly that they can trace a phone most likely not even registered to the name of the guy they're looking for and find him in a matter of minutes. Holy Patriot Act, Batman.
>>
>>92875380
>Implying Nolan's Batman did any detective work.
>>
>>92867978
Has anyone ever said that Bale is the best Batman? I've literally never seen anyone say that Bale is their favorite Batman, like lots of people say they like Bale Batman series best but they never say that Batman himself is the reason why, his fucking stupid voice is one of the most meme'd complaints I know about it.
>>
>>92875663
He does ballistic analisys, fingerprint recovery, profiling... Does quite a bit of it, actually.
>>
>>92870969
>He's essentially playing Frank Miller's shitty version of Batman.

Pic related. Also known as completely missing the fucking point.

Frank is still the best Batman writer to date you uncultured fucking faggot.
>>
>>92870650
I don't know. I prefer my Bruce to be like in The Year One:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGct84EVWjM
Bale was nothing alike.
>>
>>92873703
Bale's Batman is essentially the next level beyond the highest levels of all law enforcement, able to perform just beyond what they are able to do, and his skills and gadgetry reflect this.
>>
TDKR was thirty one fucking years ago can we stop jacking off to it already
>>
>>92875899

Why? It's the best comic ever written.
>>
>>92867978
who the hell says that, Bale was forgettable at worst and decent at best in batman begins
>>
>>92870052
stop being reasonable reeeeee
>>
>>92872020
>What was I supposed to do? Just let them die?
>Maybe.

Wow, I wonder why people would think that about Jonathan
>>
File: 1494317047682.webm (560KB, 640x348px) Image search: [Google]
1494317047682.webm
560KB, 640x348px
>>92871124
>implying that a grown man dressed as a Bat was sane before Zack touched him
>>
File: 1494323825090.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1494323825090.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>92876194
>>
File: 15367479635.png (133KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
15367479635.png
133KB, 500x522px
>>92875357
>My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter
I kind of agree with you, but come on man, could you not pick oit a different line then that? That line was comical in how unnecessarily edgy it was. It was practicaly batman blackface, it was the kind of shit I would expect out of a cheap meme.
>>
>>92867978
They don't. Everyone liked Affleck, just like Cavill is a good superman for the normies, they just believe there isnt enough superman in the movies.

Normies do believe Bale was a way better Bruce Wayne... funny thing it's that the best Bruce before him was in btman forever.
>>
File: 1494623038856.png (6KB, 366x286px) Image search: [Google]
1494623038856.png
6KB, 366x286px
>>92867978
>everyone thought BvS was going to be great and Batffleck was going to ruin the movie
>the opposite happened and the movie ended up ruining a great Battfleck
>>
>>92877288
That line is perfect. It sums up a bitter old twisted Bruce perfectly. Which was suppose to be this Batman whole thing.
>>
>>92867989
This, and Batfleck wantonly murdered.

Though that's not to knock Ben's portrayal at all.
>>
>>92868197
(You)
>>
>>92873184
this

this is the reward nolan gets for making 2 actually good movies out of a cape property. a crew of manchildren screaming snydershit is "betar" because it has an arkham game action scene where murderman is kicking people around like balloons and taking bullets onto the back of his titanium cowl
>>
File: batmanmadmax.jpg (151KB, 1143x1364px) Image search: [Google]
batmanmadmax.jpg
151KB, 1143x1364px
>batman will never look this cool again
>>
File: smug detectives.jpg (34KB, 231x325px) Image search: [Google]
smug detectives.jpg
34KB, 231x325px
>>92867978
Because Nolan/Bale had three movies to develop a character in which Batman didn't have to share a title card with some other prominent superhero.
>>
>>92869540
I hate Snyder's physics in his human vs. human fight scenes. There were some cool moves, but they're ruined by the random acts of floating in the air or tiny kicks magically sending people ten feet away. Watchmen had the exact same problem.
>>
Arnett is the best Batman though
>>
>>92873145
You know, looking at them side by side like that, Nolan Batman is actually scary. Or, not really scary when you see him there, but you can tell that in dim lighting with him coming out of nowhere he could make you shit your pants.

SnyderBats is intimidating, definitely, with his huge muscles and all, but I'm not sure he's scary. There's a certain monstrousness to NolanBats that SnyderBats lacks.
>>
Affleck's Batman had almost no depth. He was just a salty ragetard, and people went gaga over that because it was a new and fresh. It's shallow and doesn't explore his psyche.
>>
>>92869730
>Slaughters a bunch of men, even doing so when they're already beaten
>Batmanesque

Cue the faggot that keeps posting panels of Batman killing from only a couple issues compared to decades of a no kill rule.
>>
>>92875663
TDK is all about him doing detective work. Rises even has him doing a good bit of it, though it takes more of a backseat due to the movie focusing more on Bruce's mortality.
>>
File: batman1[1].jpg (168KB, 1082x1600px) Image search: [Google]
batman1[1].jpg
168KB, 1082x1600px
Affleck will never reach true Batkino
>>
>Bale had better development, better character arc, and a combination of detective/crimefighting
>B-B-BUT YOU SEE AFFLECK HAS THE SAME COSTUME AS THE FUNNY BOOKS AND HE HAS A GREAT JAW EVEN TOUGH THE MASK MAKES HIM LOOK STUFFED, THAT MAKES HIM THE BETTER BATMAN
only on /co/
>>
>>92873703
To me, Nolan's take on an aging Batman works better. It makes him feel more vulnerable, more like a character.

Fuck /co/, his fights with Bane were fantastic, because they were character driven. In the first fight Bruce has something to prove to himself. Abandons so much of his training and ways out of the fight because he wants to prove to himself he's still the fighter he once was. He refuses to believe that he's been worn down by time, and the longer he fights Bane the more desperate he gets. At first he expects to take him down like any other thug with a few hits, only to realize he is outmatched. He keeps tossing haymakers because he refuses to accept his own atrophy. He doesn't want to win with fancy gadgets and tools, he wants to prove to himself that he can do it, but it becomes obvious he can't. That's why Bane simply lets Bruce hit him and allows him to keep trying, because it's the best way to break the Batman, to show just how useless he has become. "You fight like a younger man. Admirable, but mistaken."

Then the rematch showcases Bruce's ability to adapt. Instead of letting his pride get the best of him, he decides to fight smart. Bane's movements obviously show that he again expects Bruce to embarrass himself in a vain attempt to out-strength Bane, but instead Bruce goes defensive. He starts actually following Bane's movements, and exposes Bane's weakness, showing that he's still as resourceful and clever as ever. Then once Bane's mask is cut, we see his desperation and panic, to which the roles are entirely reversed.

The scenes remind me of TDKReturns with the Mutant Leader, and to me capture that theme of fleeting youth much better than anything in BVS.
>>
>>92879628
Matt Reeves is a decent director and Ben is good enough and looks the part. It could happen.
>>92879683
Three movies vs one that he had to share with Superman. Not really a fair comparison. I think the fact that many people liked Ben more than Bale with way less screen time says more about his Bruce/Batman than it doesn't. There's one thing that Ben did that Bale never did was sell the audience on him being Batman without the need of the Batsuit.
>>
>>92869156
You seriously credit those movies? Batman was already hugely popular and you could get a movie with him in it made whenever. This is really apart of a larger trend that, not just earlier batman movies helped build, but all the not-utter-shit superhero flicks have contributed to over the last twenty years.
>>
>>92880010
desu i think it has more to do with BvS being fucking terrible and the Batman stuff being the only redeemable part of the movie. it's really more standout than the Nolan films where Batman was the focus.

although i think too Batman was greatly overshadowed by his villains in the Nolan movies which is a pretty common trend even in the comics. he's almost a footnote in his own movies, between Ledger's amazing Joker and the full on meme Hardy-Bane.
>>
>>92873145
Most of that is wrong. Gotta laugh at "is a manlet," since Bale is 6'0.
>>
>>92875316
>literally would have died if kid wasn't there to stop him
It was bullshit but Batman isn't above doing petty shit like that.
>>
File: 1425030849084.png (147KB, 322x299px) Image search: [Google]
1425030849084.png
147KB, 322x299px
>>92869156
>and the reason why BM got so big today

Are you for real? Batman has been a huge deal since Adam West
>>
>>92880010
>sell the audience on him being Batman
are you telling Affleck wasnt playing the Punisher?
>>
>>92880738
Batmans popularity died down alot since Batman and Robin, mostly because no studio wanted to touch the property until Begins and the fact that Spider-man was dominating back then
>>
>>92870645
>everybody remembers Begin

>>92872591
>Begins had a great scarecrow

MORE people actually saw Superman Returns in theaters than saw the first Ninja Detective directed by Nolan. MORE people actually BOUGHT Superman Returns in it's first DVD release than purchased BB (that only changed after the Gay Cowboy Funnyman died).
>>
>>92880995
>Punisher
>Not Thomas Wayne
Marvel fag pls.
>>
>>92873184
>Batman intelligence and stealth

Possibly correct on the later, but certainly not on the former
>>
File: robbie-wut.png (141KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
robbie-wut.png
141KB, 300x300px
>>92873184
>had amor pieces that are actually functional on a combat suit
>>
File: 1496188711619.gif (415KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1496188711619.gif
415KB, 500x332px
>>92867978
>cinematographic
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.