[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ITT: We celebrate the fact that DC and Marvel are putting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

>ITT: We celebrate the fact that DC and Marvel are putting out solid movies, and that we live in a time when superheroes and comicshit are the most popular movies, tv shows, and stories in the world

What a time to be alive
>>
>>92863447
fuck the movies, I want good comics
>>
>>92863447
They're not good though.
>>
>>92863484
This.

Movies and TV are just watered down comics for people too braindead to read and need everything condensed into two-hour quip and explosion fests.
>>
>>92863652
but DC Rebirth has been awesome, and while Marvel is lagging, it still has gems like Ultimates, USAvengers, etc. Not to mention indie comics!
>>
>>92863447
I don't have low standards and i love comics, not just capeshit from marvel and DC. MCU movies had been mostly shit, and i havent seen wonder woman
>>92863652
Capeshit isn that good either
>>
>>92863701
I didn't mean that the current comics weren't good, I was unclear on that.

>>92863790
I'm not saying cape comics are the pinnacle of entertainment, but the things that make them appealing, the rich history, large universe, sheer variety of stories and the benefit of longterm, serialized storytelling, are completely absent from the movies.
>>
>>92863701
>but DC Rebirth has been awesome

Sandman is "awesome". Morrison's Animal Man is awesome. Deathstroke has been really good, time will tell if it's great, but not sucking doesnt mean rebirth it's awesome. I hate how /co/ standards are similar to Videogame journalists, everything not shitty gets an 8/10.
>>
>>92863845
>but the things that make them appealing, the rich history, large universe, sheer variety of stories and the benefit of longterm, serialized storytelling, are completely absent from the movies.

And it will never be recreated in the movies. So why can't we appreciate both mediums for what they are?
>>
>>92863701
DC Rebirth is much better than Marvel but still is not in "awesome" level.
>>
>>92863907
Because, like I said, the movies are just two-hour quip and explosion fests.
>>
>>92863907
But superheroes movies (including animated ones) are always a washed down version of the comics.
DonĀ“t misunderstand me, I watch them I have fun but is not "You like comics = superheroes movies are the best"
>>
>>92863907
>And it will never be recreated in the movies. So why can't we appreciate both mediums for what they are?

Because comics aren't being what they can be
>>
>>92863447
the movies have been shit because they are too concerned with making a franchise that prints money, instead of just making a good (x) movie

the last cape movie that was a pure cape movie was iron man
>>
>>92863447
Calm your tits, DC has only put just one solid movie. For all we know the rest can go back to suckitude.
>>
>>92863701
I agree that rebirth has been consistently above average and it's made massive improvements from what came before but it's pretty haphazardly put together and not terribly consistent. For a relaunch that promised a respect of legacy and a continuation of the new52 narrative a lot of the larger events have been pretty shodily mashed together. Superman Reborn could have been awesome if it was actually consistent across all of the stories it crossed over with. But it left the universe even more confused and cluttered than it was originally. Now Superman has his original character back but the world around him is still fucked in ways we don't even know. Would've been best to just fix everything in one fell swoop rather than make it so uneven. Lazarus Contract proved how difficult it was to tell a decent story in a fucked up timeline when it's impossible to know the weight of a characters actions and how it can mess with the universe (the universe is already a mess! This won't make a difference). I'm fine with the individual stories but DC has had this problem of tying it's universe together for a good while now
>>
File: JLA-Avengers 001-041.jpg (3MB, 3840x2943px) Image search: [Google]
JLA-Avengers 001-041.jpg
3MB, 3840x2943px
>>92863447
Of the characters seen here, every single Marvel character has been in a movie. Every one.

Who would have believed this when the crossover came out? Back then it was a long shot that we'd ever see Thor, Cap and Iron Man, let alone Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Hawkeye.

The Justice League side isn't quite as well represented in movies yet but they're getting there.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.