[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think that if he ever saw weeb culture he'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: Alan_Moore_327.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Alan_Moore_327.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
Do you think that if he ever saw weeb culture he'd be cool with comic fans?
>>
Of course not. I DO think he'd be inspired to challenge Shintaro Kago to a serpentious mystical rape fest that would tear a fuck hole into the astral plane.
>>
>>92847678
Pretty sure he hates the comic industry rather than comic fans.
>>
>>92847678
He hates the industry because of years of being fucked over by it.
>>
He's pretty much the Western Hayao Miyazaki when it comes to hating respective industries and mainstream audiences.
>>
>>92847786
He's refered to comic fans in the past as stunted manchildren. I'm not sure if it was just dry humor or he was serious.
>>
>>92847808
>Comic books were a mistake
>>
>>92847678

No, he'd just hate them more since he'd then know it's the same shit everywhere.
>>
>>92847809
>Doesn't like how cape dominates the industry
>Mainstream audiences demand more cape
>>
>>92847678
The reason why he hates the comic book industry is because most of it is filled with capeshit soap operas. And the reason why he hates comic book fans is because they keep requesting that instead of something with actual insight on anything.

And we all know the manga industry and manga fans are a hundred times worse than their western counterpart, so there you have it.
>>
>>92848022
How bad is the manga industry aside from how creators work till their dead?
Just curious
>>
File: akira.jpg (36KB, 750x340px) Image search: [Google]
akira.jpg
36KB, 750x340px
>>92847808
Otomo, the guy behind Akira, is in the same boat.
>>
>>92848105
Fucking gooks are subhuman abominations imo.
>>
>>92847809
most comic fans are stunted manchildren
>>
>>92848142
They make some good quality art though
All it takes is dedication and a halved mortality
>>
>>92848170
Some of them make good art. Others can be dedicated and halve their mortality and still create garbage.
>>
>>92848046
The stories are one literal continuum instead of a shared multiverse composed of different stories. This, of course, has its share of advantages or disadvantages, but ultimately the later is the better one. You can write a wacky Plastic Man story that has little impact on the greater scheme of things and there's no problem. With manga, however, everything is just one big string that the publishing company tries to make as long as possible, at least until the series stops selling the figures they want. This means that:
1.-) The spotlight will always be on a couple of characters which, to make things worse, are dictated by normie-filled popularity polls.
2.-) The story will be stretched to ridiculous places that will stray so far from the original idea that it will ultimately alienate all their hardcore fans and the story will end 99% of the times on a sour note. See what happened to Naruto after Pain was killed and the shitty Ninja War started. Or the entirety of Bleach after Aizen.
>>
>>92848105
Geez, did he hate how the finished story turned out?
>>
>>92847809
You're mistaking "comics fans" with "superhero continuity fans". I know they're the same thing 99% of the time in America, but it's a big world out there.
>>
>>92848046
It's a lot bigger than comics so there's a ton of variety. There's also a fuck ton of competition and to succeed you have to be creative in more than just powers and boob sizes. You need to have "asian" work ethic to also succeed but if you manage to gain a significant period of large success then you can bum it out and lazily release new stuff anytime you want like the berserk and HxH authors
>>
>>92848345
I said how bad
>>
>>92848022
>The reason why he hates the comic book industry is because most of it is filled with capeshit soap operas. And the reason why he hates comic book fans is because they keep requesting that instead of something with actual insight on anything.
So he's pissed that the majority of people don't like the same thing he likes? And he calls other people manchildren?
>>
>>92848407
A lot of the shit Moore spews is bull. Like how he complains every time someone uses something from a book he wrote at DC, like in Blackest Night. Yet he made his entire career off of Ditko characters (and shat on Ditko in the process for his politics).
>>
>>92848433
Are you the Anon who thought that Thunderbolt was created by Ditko? I'm still laughing at you, just so you know.
>>
I hope it annoys Alan Moore that all his best work is in the superhero genre.
>>
>>92848433
If they did with his characters the same thing he did with the Ditko characters, I bet he wouldn't complain as much, or at least they would be different complaints.
There's a difference between making a parody/pastiche of something and simply rehashing the same shit over and over again to milk every last penny you can from it.
>>
>>92848495
What about From Hell?
>>
/co/, who do you think is on alan moore's waifu pillow?
>>
>>92848557
Himself

>http://rule34.paheal.net/post/view/298487#search=Alan_Moore
>>
>>92848588
Who the fuck is gonna follow that link?
>>
>>92848242
Manga can only succeed if the manga artist has the balls to end his manga before it turns to shit. This means ending it at the point at which the main arc ends and the manga is likely at the peak of its popularity. A lot of artists won't do this because your next work is not a guaranteed success and your editors will try to force you not to for the money. The only other option is to set up your story in a way that lends itself to lasting forever. This is why there is so much slice of life, harem, nothing ever happens manga (which consequently are adapted to anime).

Slice of life, like sitcoms, can last because nothing ever changes whereas drama adventure conflict based stories have to follow narrative arcs that have a beginning, middle, and end.
>>
>>92848599
Someone who wants to see some hot Alan Moore on Alan Moore action.
>>
>>92848611
>if the manga artist has the balls to end his manga before it turns to shit

I don't think most authors have control over it. Well, I guess that, if they were ballsy enough, they could quit when they're denied from finishing the manga on their terms, but that attitude would merely paint a giant target on their faces and nobody would hire them again.

The closest I can think of is the author of Yu Yu Hakusho, who supposedly just scribbled a shitty ending and quitted because they wanted to force him to write more arcs, but I'm not even sure if that story is true.
>>
He woul probably make a sacrifice to the Sumerian snake god that he worships to smite all weebs.
>>
>>92848495
But Providence is his best work, and it isn't capeshit
>>
>>92848170
Yeah. Huge eyes, huge heads, and femenine looking men. Great art.
>>
>>92848775
I would say his best is the first two League books, which are arguably capeshit. Providence was fantastic, though.
>>
>>92847678
mfw I thought that was bryan johnson

desu I sometimes wonder if they're cousins.
>>
>>92848728
That same author went on to write HxH, which has been on so many hiatuses that, and i fucking kid you not, two different anime adaptations have been produced almost fifteen years apart from each other, and both were forced to end due to the current manga arc not being touched in over two years, despite both the manga and animes pulling in massive figures.
>>
>>92848611
>not designing it to be extremely long-running from the get-go in case it does pick up
mangokus need to git gud
>>
I really like how he's one of the most prolific post-modern author in our medium yet hates everything about millenial culture and art.
>>
>>92847885
>nobody would know who he was without cape comics
>>
>>92848022
>And the reason why he hates comic book fans is because they keep requesting that instead of something with actual insight on anything.
Like more rape in comics?
>>
>>92848931
I think he's just desperately trying to be him.
>>
>>92848242
You are literally wrong about everything and should be killed. The manga industry blows out the western comics scene so hard it's not even funny.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.