[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your next move now if you're DC? Diana has long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

File: WonderWomanNew52[1].jpg (187KB, 260x386px) Image search: [Google]
WonderWomanNew52[1].jpg
187KB, 260x386px
What is your next move now if you're DC? Diana has long lived in the shadow of Batman and Superman. For decades we've all heard "A Wonder Woman movie wouldn't sell" and despite being a household name she's always taken a back seat. She'll show up in things as long as the other two are there and it's a "Justice League" event and she's heavily merched out (but in the same way that Betty Boop is with nobody knowing or giving a shit about the character). Her books are never very acclaimed and great writers/artists are rarely put on her either. But with Wonder Woman being one of DC's most successful films critically now and the public turning so hard on Batman vs. Superman, where do you take her if the sales come in to back up the critical response?

Is this the dawn of a new era for Wondy fans? I only wish we didn't have to deal with Gadot but it's a small price to pay.
>>
They're making Joss Whedon to shoot new Wonder Woman scenes for Justice League now, and Jerry Pakins or wever her name is is taking over the entire DCEU
>>
>>92847098
>What is your next move now if you're DC?
Wait for the actual box office returns before getting overenthusiastic over critical response.
Comicfags know too well that quality/critical response doesn't always translate to popular success.
>>
Wonder Woman: The Animated Series and Wonder Woman AAA videogame soon
>>
>>92847220

Eh I think Wonder Woman is too big of a name to fail. And the critical response is just going to energize viewers even more. I had ZERO intention of seeing this movie and thought it was going to bomb but even I want to see it now.
>>
>>92847377
>Wonder Woman AAA videogame soon

A Wonder Woman game based more around her Greek origin like God of War and her New 52 run would be fucking awesome desu. Throw Rocksteady the license and let them go at it.
>>
>>92847436
I certainly wont fail dramatically but it still seems to me that it's a bit early to say that she's suddenly going to become Bat levels of milking-worth, or even Supes, at least as far as comics are concerned.
> I had ZERO intention of seeing this movie and thought it was going to bomb but even I want to see it now.
Man, you're pretty easy to sway.
>>
>>92847589

It's just a movie. If my expectations are utter shit and it turns out to have universal praise why wouldn't I see it as a comic fan. It's one thing if it's like Doctor Strange where I'm a big fan of the character but so tired of Marvel and knowing what to expect that I don't bother seeing it. But WW's success is piquing my interest after how shit the rest of the DCEU is.

What's really getting me is I've seen multiple people talk about the director's love of Donner Superman and how Wonder Woman is a love letter to the silver age of being in awe and inspired by heroes without any cynicism and snark.
>>
File: Scan0007a.jpg (444KB, 1600x902px) Image search: [Google]
Scan0007a.jpg
444KB, 1600x902px
>>92847098
>What is your next move now if you're DC?
>>
>>92847168
>making Joss Whedon to shoot new Wonder Woman

What?
>>
If Wonder Woman is a huge box office smash hit I think DC can't help but respond some.

At the very least Diana would probably get another monthly book. Relaunch Sensation Comics, that's a move that's long overdue.
>>
>>92847659
>If my expectations are utter shit and it turns out to have universal praise why wouldn't I see it as a comic fan.
I don't know about you but whatever critical praise a movie gets if my own impresson didn't make me want to watch it then I'll tend to trust that.
>>
Unless it magically makes over a billion she's not going to get suddenly pushed anymore than Ant-Man or Dr. Strange.

DC was smart enough to put out an Annual this month but they don't have anything more than a fill-in team lined up next and there's not even a second book, except Odyssey of the Amazons which nobody cares about.
>>
>>92847742

I don't watch trailers if I can help it so I know nothing about the movie other than Gadot is a shit actress.

>>92847691

Synder's daughter committed suicide in March so he backed out of Justice League and they picked up Joss Whedon. Not a joke.
>>
They make doubly sure she headlines Lauren Faust's new cartoon.
>>
>>92847802
I know but Zack was the one who told them to let Joss finish. Plus the scenes are ones Zack wrote.
But where did you hear it was WW scenes. And Patty isnt taking over anything.
>>
>>92847098
Wonder Woman will become the new face of DC alongside Batman. Superman will take Wondy's spot as the third wheel from now on.
>>
>>92847855

I think he was memeing about the rest desu
>>
>>92847802
>I don't watch trailers if I can help it so I know nothing about the movie other than Gadot is a shit actress.
I see. Well I can't really blame you for being willing to give it a chance then I guess.
>>
>>92847863
Not going to happen. Supes is Batman's bro. They'll make Wondy his girlfriend.
>>
>>92847098
>For decades we've all heard "A Wonder Woman movie wouldn't sell"

It sucks that they took the chance now, instead of some years sooner when they could have made her truly sexy. I don't know why they thought that Superman with fanservice wouldn't work.
>>
>>92848789
It's not that they didn't want her to be attractive, that's just Gadot. The costume even reveals enough thighs and has a bit of cleavage potential
>>
>>92848820

I don't think Gadot is ugly, but WW was very provocative and now that's seen as a bad thing. Even the WW from the old show wouldn't fly today.
>>
>tfw my grandpa used to bang Lynda Carter in the WW days
>>
>>92848854
I'm so tired of the "wouldn't fly today" meme.
>inb4 she was a villain so she can do bad things
Not really on both accounts.
>>
>>92848884
Can't wait till I have grand-children so I can tell them obvious self-agrandizing lies too. Children are so clueless, it's cute.
>>
>>92848889

One is the world's most prominent feminist icon the other is a juggalette whore. Gee wonder why there's a difference.

But really I don't think it's that Wonder Woman can't be sexy I think it's that Gal Gadot is a fucking stick and that's why it's not sexy. If you put a buxom woman in the same outfit it'd look good.
>>
>>92848904

He has pictures of them, autographs and hand written notes from her, anon. He's pretty fucking proud of it.
>>
>>92848913
There's no real difference, feminists got mad at Harley's portrayal too but people still loved the movie and plenty chicks still loved Harley. It flew fine despite "muh objectification" backlash.

You can do sexually provocative in a way that pleases feminists, she just has to have full control of the seductive process. Y'know empowered and whatnot.

I don't think it's necessarily a body shape issue, lots of people like skellies, it's just how you choose your character to behave. Not like Margot Robbie's body is all that either.
>>
>>92848889
Apples to oranges. A lot of people expect Harley to be a bit of a skank, while people expect Wondet Woman to rise above that. Like how people are ok with seeing Wolverine kill since they expect that from him but not from Superman.
>>
>>92848923
He's really dedicated to that lie to forge all that. Good lad, it's good to give your descendants nice stories.
>>
>>92848968
I doubt acting seductively is considered as sinful as murder, we're not under shariah law.
>>
>>92849006

Not him but feminists still haven't agreed on whether being sexual is empowering or not so there'd definitely be backlash if Wonder Woman was overly provocative because they'd said it was muh male gaze. Harley gets away with it because she's a skank and Suicide Squad was shit.
>>
>>92848967
People seem to not understand that the part of the world that's 20-somethings screaming at each other on the internet or circlejerking on 4chan, Tumblr, reddit or Twitter are not reflective of the majority of society.

>>92849044
Actually that's one of the things that's made fourth wave feminism so hated: it has no clear goal or ideology. It's just endlessly bickering tribes.
>>
>>92849044
>Not him but feminists still haven't agreed on whether being sexual is empowering or not
It mostly depends how you present it, I'm sure. There's a difference between a woman choosing to seductively approaching a man and her being put in a red light window for men to pick.

But of course there would be backlash. There's backlash over everything these days, but I don't think feminist outrage has ever stopped any blockbuster from being succesful.

>Harley gets away with it
She didn't, that's my fucking point. Faggots who care about that shit cared and screamed, and everybody else continued living their lives.
>>
File: new trinity.jpg (308KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
new trinity.jpg
308KB, 1280x720px
>>92847098
New DC Trinity of course.

Sorry Supes.
>>
File: shitlordbusters.jpg (467KB, 1032x1500px) Image search: [Google]
shitlordbusters.jpg
467KB, 1032x1500px
>>92849143
>I don't think feminist outrage has ever stopped any blockbuster from being succesful.

Feminist support sure as hell doesn't guarantee a hit either.
>>
File: 1495658444071.png (3MB, 1032x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1495658444071.png
3MB, 1032x1500px
>>92849248
They just didn't have the right lineup. Sony has learned since then.
>>
>>92847462
>rocksteady
you surely mean platinum
>>
>>92847098

We still have to wait and see on that one
>>
>>92849304

I unironically believe this would have earned the film another 500mil
>>
>>92847462
>God of War
Yes, the character who's meant to embody peace and non-violence should have a game where she goes around comboing monsters to death.
>>
File: 1264759_original.jpg (300KB, 1200x919px) Image search: [Google]
1264759_original.jpg
300KB, 1200x919px
>>92847098
Make sure her classic stories are in print, make sure she plays a bigger role in animated properties and is characterized well, get a good writer to write another classic-bait stand-alone story about her similar to The Hiketeia that's an all-out epic mythic adventure full of new enemies and make sure she is characterized well. Have I mentioned make sure she is characterized well.
>>
>>92849565
Not that I particularly like the God of War idea but she's having a movie where she hacks germans to death. Monsters seems like a step down in edginess from that.
>>
>>92849613
Well she actually doesn't really kill anybody in the movie, I'm told, and only fights to protect people. I'm hoping that's true because Jenkins has shown repeatedly in interviews that she knows Wonder Woman isn't a killing battlemaiden.
>>
>>92848820
The costume has no cleavage potential, even if it was an actress with tits
>>
>>92849636
I'm guessing you're the guy who didn't watch the trailer/leaks
She's swinging her sword pretty clearly at these soldiers' faces. I understand she's a master fighter but there's a limit to how far I'll believe "I was using the dull end" bullshit.
To her credit though they're not exactly coming at her with kisses and pillows, but still, she clearly looks like a super soldier in the middle of a war.
>>
File: Submit.webm (3MB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
Submit.webm
3MB, 1200x674px
>>92847098
>I only wish we didn't have to deal with Gadot but it's a small price to pay.
Its a huge price to pay. They literally hired someone that can't act because Affleck wanted/probably did fuck her.

And real talk, lets wait for the numbers. The idea that this movie is better than Spider-man 2 or The Dark Knight is hilarious.
>>
>>92849809
Not the guy from earlier who was saying it was gonna be shit, but I did only watch the first trailer and it made me disinterested because I don't care for Diana being all combative like that.

I'm just going off what some people have told me, they convinced me to see it and I'm going in with an open mind but I really hope that scene of her fighting the soldiers has a sensible context.
>>
>>92849828
>Let's wait for the numbers
>But I know it's not better than ___!
>>
>>92847802
cunts ruin everything
>>
>>92849102
>People seem to not understand that the part of the world that's 20-somethings screaming at each other on the internet or circlejerking on 4chan, Tumblr, reddit or Twitter are not reflective of the majority of society.

That's because most people here don't participate in the majority of society and spend all day living in the 20-somethings screaming at each other on the internet world.
>>
File: Sandman.jpg (39KB, 600x200px) Image search: [Google]
Sandman.jpg
39KB, 600x200px
>>92847098
How about instead of another cape move they go in a different direction?

Only one requirement for this though. Neil Gaiman has complete creative control.
>>
>>92847098
Bring back Azz, retcon Rucka's Rebirth run in exactly the same way he did the New52 run, in order to bring her origins in line with the movie.
>>
>>92850713
But except for the Zeus thing the movie is more like pre-Flashpoint.
>>
>>92850713
also get cho on art.... and put a hit on cucka lol
>>
>>92849988
That'll never get made, not as a movie at least.
If American Gods does well enough, Sandman might get picked up by a premium network.
>>
>>92851365
Please let this happen
>>
>>92849988
Rather, Gaiman has a veto. Has the guy even written any screenplays?
>>
>>92847098
It still hasn't sold since the movie isn't out yet.
>>
>>92849828
IS this from the 2009 animated film?
>>
Ship Diana with Bruce, as they are already leaning that way with their scenes in BvS, JLA trailer, and the emails, and then just swim in all that sweet, sweet shipping money.

Batman and Wonder Woman just became the two biggest cash-cows in their roster. (Poor fucking Superman, I still love ya big blue.) It only makes sense to pair them up for double the profit, and to make the lonely viewers live vicariously through them.
>>
>>92847098
Hold your horses. We still don't know if it will sell or not.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.