[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe that a relationship between Arthur and Diana could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 4217118-5907143059-56577.jpg (159KB, 960x406px) Image search: [Google]
4217118-5907143059-56577.jpg
159KB, 960x406px
Do you believe that a relationship between Arthur and Diana could work, or would lead in a Flashpoint style tragedy?
>>
>>92841934

As long as Mera was shared between them.
>>
There's an especially horrendous two-issue fill-in by Ben Raab in Wonder Woman #162-163 called God Complex where Diana and Aquaman team up.

Possibly one of the single worst Wondie arcs in history. AQUAMAN is the peaceful, reasonable one and Diana is the one wanting to kill everyone.
>>
>>92842057
WTH? Why when Diana is involved with a super-powered male, she must turned to some kind of ruthless warrior machine?
>>
>>92841934
Shipping is cancer, and you should kill yourself at once.

That said, it's just plain odd how little they interact. They're both politicians from magical isolationist nations who worship members of the Greek pantheon. You'd think they'd be friends. Or would at least team up often. Hell, Diana even has a rogue who is from Atlantis, Queen Clea.

Furthermore, given those similarities, Themyscira and Atlantis never interact at all, which just plan doesn't make sense. The island has opened its borders before, so why not work to secure Atlantis as an ally immediately?

Have no writers ever thought of this?
>>
>>92842221
Writers think they're being clever by making the woman the ruthless one.
>>
I don't like Mera getting cucked tbqh, but it's a decent idea in itself.

>>92842268
>They're both politicians from magical isolationist nations

Wasn't Arthur raised human though? Completely different perspective.
>>
>>92843828
Between COIE and Infinite Crisis he was made to always know he was Atlantean, but he grew up in exile.

Post-Infinite Crisis he was raised human and didn't know he was Atlantean until he was older.
>>
I like Mera too much.

Instead of someone smart or strong, let's go the Barda and Mr. Miracle route and put her with Ted Kord. The double dates would be magnificent.
>>
>>92841934
Wonder Woman and Aquaman are my BrOTP

I want them to save days, have fun, enjoy each other's cultures, and go home to Mera/Steve after a day with absolute zero sexual tension
>>
>>92841934
Arthur is happily married though.
>>
>>92841934
> who can I pair Diana off with, this is critical now that Rebirth ruined my ship
>>
>>92842057
>AQUAMAN is the peaceful, reasonable one and Diana is the one wanting to kill everyone.

Change Aquaman with Batman or Superman and you have the reason why Shipping is cancer.
>>
>>92844427
>The double dates would be magnificent.
>the boys building fancy gadgets
>the girls sparring

FUCK DC GET TO IT
>>
>>92844427
>>
>>92841934
It's comics, dude, everything eventually leads to a Flashpoint style tragedy. They need to retcon everything back to normal every few years
>>
>>92844677

That never happened with Batman, though.
>>
The few times it happened writers followed two types of dynamic.

One where Aquaman is humble and reasonable, and Wonder Woman is conceited and bloodthirsty, which is pretty akin to SM/WW.

One where Aquaman is an angry loner with territorial issues with a macho bravado and a bit of a sexist attitude, while Wonder Woman is friendly, reasonable and a bit feminist but with a sexy tease, which is pretty easily the best dynamic there was between them.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.