[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To be honest, I never understood this "voice actors are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1200px-Tara_Strong_Portrait.jpg (242KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Tara_Strong_Portrait.jpg
242KB, 1200x1800px
To be honest, I never understood this "voice actors are LITERALLY the characters!" attitude that cartoon fandoms cluck to. They're just reading off a script that someone else wrote. They may or may not actually share personality traits with the characters, and any they do is coincidental. The designers and writers are the ones actually expressing themselves. Yet for some reason, there are people who think talking to a voice actor is like actually talking to one of their favorite cartoon characters.
>>
>>92837567
Words in the script are just that, words.

Voice actors are the ones that execute those words and make them come to life.
>>
>>92837567
Tara is a qt though
>>
>Go back and replace all the voices in Batman, Avatar and any other series people like, and recast everyone with one guy who does a whiny old man jewish stereotype voice

"Guys, only the writers and art designers are important, voice actors aren't important and their reputation for certain characters doesn't matter"

>Replace Phil Lamar in Samurai Jack with no chemistry or insight into the character some guy doing Porky Pig

"Totally doesn't matter guys, this is fine"

>Just go up to established voice actors known for fan favorite characters that actually have to act the character and give it life, and just call them not important and they don't get to have any ownership over the role they play

you are this retarded

However, I really wish Tara Strong would stop holding Harley Quinn hostage like she's the only person who can ever play her anymore
>>
>>92837567
it's a group effort, but the acting part is usually the most important aspect which is why it's focused on a lot by viewers. These people are the ones that are putting themselves in front of a camera or mic to say the words that were written in a way that reflects what the character was designed to be like.
>>
>>92837567
well people has different visions and opinions about everything.
I don`t understand people who say that Downey Jr. is Ironman or Jackman is Logan and if they change the actor they would not go see the next movie.
For me is like when you change the writer and pencil in a comic, is not the end of the character.
>>
>>92837904
>For me is like when you change the writer and pencil in a comic, is not the end of the character.

literally exactly my thoughts. if anything it just adds to the fidelity lol. Especially if the next Wolvie isn't such a faggot about actually playing Wolverine.
>>
>>92837725
So if you married the voice actress who played your waifu, you wouldn't care that she was a complete psycho who didn't share any real life personality traits with them?
>>
>>92837811
>However, I really wish Tara Strong would stop holding Harley Quinn hostage like she's the only person who can ever play her anymore
You... just contradicted your entire statement of claiming voice actors were unreplaceable.
>>
You're right in one way OP, VAs are not the characters and the worship of them as if they truly were the characters is silly

But on the otherhand, you can't dismiss or undercut the importance of voice actors either, they are as important as anything else when it comes to cartoons, cartoons and characters can be ruined by awful voice acting
>>
All the guys who replaced Mel Blanc just aren't the same, they don't understand all the nuances of the characters or the classic radio/theater/movie stuff Mel drew his characters' personas and vocal tics from.
>>
>>92837567
Oftentimes the voice actor may give more life to the character than the script. Hades from Hercules was original a dark, brooding type until James Woods came in & auditioned his way. The directors enjoyed a fast-talking deadpan Hades & now he's one of the greatest Disney Villains.
>>
>Retards completely missing the point of the thread

OP never ONCE claimed voice actors weren't an important part of the cartoons themselves. He pointed out that voice actors are SEPARATE PEOPLE from their characters who don't necessarily have anything in common with them.

I've been on 4chan for months now, so I should be used to this kind of ignorance by now.
>>
>>92837567
It's just crazed fanboys who do that. Most people are well aware cartoon characters aren't real.
>>
File: 1441396771869.jpg (321KB, 571x667px) Image search: [Google]
1441396771869.jpg
321KB, 571x667px
>>92839452
>I've been on 4chan for months now
>months
>>
>>92837567
Tara's day!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.