[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never watched Samurai Jack, but I've heard that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (7KB, 200x253px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7KB, 200x253px
I've never watched Samurai Jack, but I've heard that the ending was shit, anyone wanna explain why?
>>
>>92835103
It ripped off a decade old anime and decided that fulfilling its theme song verbatim was more important than giving resolutions to any of the supporting characters that the audience actually liked. The director thought it was bittersweet but it was just kinda boring and dumb.
>>
>>92835103
Watch it for yourself and come up with your own opinion instead of relying on the cancer that is /co/.
>>
>>92835103
Because it didn't pander to people's headcanons. However, it's universally agreed that "the power of love" being used was cheesy as fuck and the episode as a whole was rushed. Those are the main reasons.
>>
>>92835103
Because they hardly had any time to do it. I personally liked the ending, but the climax sequence seemed a bit fast-paced. Too rapid-fire.
>>
>>92835205
Which show did it rip off?
>>
>>92835103
Viewers wanted something different. Or at least /co/ did. I thought it ended things nicely.
>>
>>92835226
This is the only good reply here, OP. If you actually have respect for your own ability to think critically, you'll watch it for yourself and come up with your own opinion.
>>
File: 1477261306266.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1477261306266.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
>Time travel.
>Rushed romantic character.
>Rushed last episodes.
I thought it was okay because I'm not a bandwagoning faggot like you OP.
>>
>>92835299
I did watch it, but as I said I didn't watch any of Samurai Jack before this, and was completely lost on who any of these characters were.
>>
>>92835103
It was rushed
>>
>>92835294
Gurren Lagaan.
>>
>>92835294
TTGL, but the 'wife magically disappears at the wedding' thing is literally folk-tale old.

Still kind of a yank of the dick and a poor choice to me.
>>
it shoved the whole ending into about 4 minutes worth of screentime, after spending the whole episode, and most of the season in pointless scenes

ashi literally goes "i have aku's powers!", they time travel, jack kills aku, they marry, she disappears and jack wanders the earth. this happens in about 4 minutes, maybe less

fuck you I ain't spoilering shit, this show would have been better off unfinished than this rushed mess
>>
>>92835103
Is this the new "Should I watch SU/R&M/GF?"
>>
>>92835335
>I did watch it, but as I said I didn't watch any of Samurai Jack before this
why
>>
No matter how it ended it would've been called shit. That's what you get for making an ending for a beloved and acclaimed show that was off the air for a decade.
>>
>>92835453
I didn't care for it. Why didn't you watch both episodes of the nutshack?
>>
>>92835335
Just watch the original show, you clearly don't have anything better to do with your time.....
>>
>>92835453
Not OP but the space in between seasons was 13 years. That's almost an entire generation. If you were 5 the show probably would've been completely off your radar and then off the air, only to come back now when you're old enough to post here.
>>
>>92835504
I'm only interested in the ending though.
>>
>>92835543
Also this, thanks dude.
>>
>>92835544
Your logic eludes me anon
>>
>>92835544
>>
>>92835544
>>
>>92835103
It made me sad.
Still loved it though.
>>
>>92835103
Felt rushed
>>
>>92835647
Think of it like this

I was young (pre teen) when I first heard of Samurai Jack, and gave it no interest. 13 years later a 5th season comes out, and since I didn't watch the first 4 seasons, I decided not to watch the 5th one. Now everywhere I go I hear people talk about a shitty ending. So instead of watching 5 whole seasons of a show that I don't care about just to watch a shitty ending so I can understand what people mean when they reference it, I instead just ask /co/ why they don't like it.

Makes sense yet?
>>
rushed
nonsensical for the sake of drama (ashi)
anticlimactic
not that visually impressive
errors within the canon (jack's parents)
said it already but I can't stress this enough: rushed
>>
>>92835487
why did you even start watching it in the first place
>>
>>92836068
You don't think the twenty threads a day for the past 10 days had something to do with it, do you?
>>
Aside from being rushed, the ending, at least for me, went against everything the show seemed to be leading up to. Much of the first 4 seasons seemed to indicate that Jack's destiny was no longer in the past but in saving his new present or that there was something in the future worth saving before going home (the latter assuming splir timeline or multiverse).

Season 5 really seemed to hammer that home up until the finale. We spend 3 or 4 episodes watching Jack struggle with his guilt of having failed those from his past and his despair of being stuck in the future. This struggle resolves with Jack coming to terms with his failure and finding meaning in the future rather than the unreachable past. We're introduced to a new character that much season 5 centers around a new character that acts as a love interest and a source of happiness for Jack in the future. We spend an entire episode seeing all the good and hope jack has brought to the future. Season 5 goes out of its way to let us know that all paths to the past are gone. All of this gets shat on when in the last 5 or so min of the finale the future and all it's characters, including the new character that so much of the season centered around.

Despite that, I'd still recommend watching it for yourself. The show was amazing. And though I hated the ending, others loved it.
>>
>>92835205
>fulfilling its theme song verbatim
Futurefag detected. There was NO way for the story not to end with Jack going to back to the past without him looking like an idiot.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.