[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else find it kinda annoying that Steven kept screaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 285
Thread images: 40

File: IMG_3260.jpg (250KB, 1680x1428px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3260.jpg
250KB, 1680x1428px
Did anyone else find it kinda annoying that Steven kept screaming "IM ROSE QUARTZ I KILLED PINK DIAMOND" like a retard? Like why didn't he even explain himself even when he was given the chance? Is he literally autistic?
>>
>>92832331
>Is he literally autistic?
Yes.
>>
I still want to know why everyone is suddenly saying shattering Pink Diamond was a war crime. Seriously, this pops up out of nowhere.
>>
He was willing to take the punishment in hopes that they'd finally leave the Earth alone.

He, like everyone else, just believed that Rose Quartz did it until now. Now that it may have been an inside job, he won't be sacrificing himself to the Diamonds again obviously.
>>
Yes and yes

This is what hardcore technical pacificism does to a formerly likable character
>>
>>92832396
Its not a war crime its like shooting Barack Obama and expecting the US government to not lynch you afterwards.
>>
>>92832431
No, it's stupid pacifism. Technical pacifism is Loran Cehack from ∀ Gundam.
>>
>>92832417
Even then though why would he fabricate a story instead of saying "I have no memory"?
>>
>>92832331
He was trying to atone for his mother's crimes in hopes that homeworld would leave earth alone.

Also the last time he tried explaining that he's not literally his mom the ruby didn't believe him.
>>
>>92832331

I was asking the same question, anon.

There are a lot of things he does that make me scream internally at him for how stupid he is.
>>
>>92832603
Because he had no reason to waste further time by explaining he's Rose but not really because she was stabbed with a human penis and somehow reformed as a new creature bla bla bla

He wanted to save his friends and planet, not give an history lesson he barely understands in the first place
>>
>>92833570
He wasted time by making a fake story though
>>
>>92832331
Steven is an idiot that assumes the best in others and has no concept of strategy.
>>
>>92833908
He was just randomly confirming whatever theories they came up with
>>
File: 1460796535561.jpg (4KB, 242x251px) Image search: [Google]
1460796535561.jpg
4KB, 242x251px
>>92832441

But that's not a war crime, that's just regular crime
>>
>>92832331
Because telling the Diamond authority he's a hybrid would put the Earth in danger?

Really are you stupid, the whole reason he was calling himself Rose Quartz is so they would punish him for the crime and stop focusing on the Earth.
>>
File: oh bother2.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
oh bother2.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>>92832331
According to Sugar, that's a selfless hero.

According to everyone else with common sense, that's a complete retard who is more willing to believe literal nobodies like Eyeball about Pink Diamond's death than believing in his own mother, he really is an autist and a horribly written character.

I mean, he cries about stupid shit half the time and preaches about whatever redundant crap the other half, he even cried over a fucking ice cream company going out of business. Lordy fucking lord.
>>
>>92834377

What? the cluster is still there, right? why would they forget about earth?
>>
>>92832441
Who cares if you shoot obama? he isnt our president anon.

Our. Glorious. White. President.
>>
>>92834377
Oh wow like how it wasn't already in danger? Are you retarded?
>>
>>92834408
>According to everyone else with common sense, that's a complete retard who is more willing to believe literal nobodies like Eyeball about Pink Diamond's death than believing in his own mother, he really is an autist and a horribly written character.
You kind of sound like you forgot that the crystal gems confirmed Rose shattering Pink Diamond.
>>
>>92834479
They never saw it you idiot. We JUST had that pointed out to us. Jesus fucking christ were you even paying attention to the fucking trial you autist?
>>
>>92832331
1. Every time he tried to explain that he's not RQ, but her son, the Gems he was trying to convince didn't believe him.

2. Steven is pretty torn up about who his mom really was and whether she was a murderer and shit, and on some level feels like he needs to atone for what she did.

3. He thought if the Diamonds got to kill 'RQ' they'd leave Earth alone, and was feeling extra guilty because he himself provided the list of friends to be kidnapped by Aquamarine and Topaz.

This is pretty simple stuff, you should be able to work it out yourself.
>>
>>92832603
Because he wanted them to think he was Rose Quartz.
>>
>>92834546
>Every time he tried to explain that he's not RQ, but her son, the Gems he was trying to convince didn't believe him.

Lapis did. Peridot did.
>>
>>92834479
except that they are blatantly retconning it with the incredibly unsubtle claim that either Yellow or Blue killed Pink, and considering how unnatural Yellow acted, it's clear as day that they'll reveal that Yellow killed her.

Besides, they fucking admitted that NO ONE saw Rose shattering Pink, the writers were retarded for making the Crystal Gems disbelieve in Rose and unironically thinking she's the killer with no clear proof.
>>
>>92834377

>expecting them not to destroy earth after they destroy him

bad end game
>>
>>92834514
Yes?

But prior to this, he had no reason to doubt them. The Rubies said Pink Diamond was shattered by Rose Quartz, and the Crystal Gems confirmed it.

It was only during the end of the trial that Zircon started to logic shit out and assemble the facts - facts that he couldn't have known before then - to come to her final conclusion. Prior to that he had literally no reason to believe that the Rubies or the Crystal Gems were wrong.
>>
>>92834546
Actually the only ones who didn't were Jasper and Eyeball who are both dumb.
>>
>>92832396
Steven considers it to be a war crime, that's how he understands it and he's the only one who calls it that. Amethyst and Pearl haven't talked about it much, and Garnet stated that it was something that happened during the war when things were different.

The Diamonds and homeworld gems seem to regard it as less a war crime and more like heresy.
>>
>>92832603
Because he was trying to keep the narrative that he's Rose, but the fact is he's a kid way over his head who didn't think it through.
>>
I find it really strange that Steven feels so much guilt over crimes he didn't commit, and yet doesn't really to mind his actual misdeeds to the townies. A smaller scale, but still.
>>
>>92834660
Steven was willing to bullshit for his mother's murder more than to bullshit for her innocence, he's a goddamn retard.
>>
>>92834586
He never even explained that shit to Lapis when he first met her. She assumed he was a Gem right up until she made her exit. Since then he's had months to prove it to her, and for her to get used to the idea.

Peridot, too, had an extended period of contact with him before she started trusting the shit he was saying. We don't know how long they were sharing his bathroom, but it was definitely longer than a five minute trial.
>>
>>92834412
Because the whole reason the Cluster was there was because Rose pissed off the Diamonds.
>>
File: 1496101170338.jpg (22KB, 460x458px) Image search: [Google]
1496101170338.jpg
22KB, 460x458px
>>92832331

Reposting what I said in another thread here because relevance;

I was internally screaming at him to explain what he was at least the zircon. Honestly what is he expecting to happen to himself? Does he really think that dying he'd be able to save his friends? Why does he have such a drive to make up for what is mother did in such an unproductive way? Jesus H Christ. I get that intentionally withholding information is a driving force for a lot of the plots in this show but honestly this was just baffling.

It's not like he hasn't done stupid things without thinking before but…can he just sit back and think about the ramifications and potential ways he can manipulate the situation to his favor? Instead of running head first into accepting everything?

I would be fine with him trying to figure out how to make a peace offering with the diamonds. I'm fine with him using the fact that he's Rose Quartz to save his friends from Topaz and Aqua. But does this guy seriously think that by turning himself in/dying that the diamonds would leave the earth and by extension his friends alone?
>>
>>92834751
She tried to lie to Jasper and say that he was "just a human" when she came back.
>>
>>92834725
...Because until the end of the trial when Zircon started putting shit together, using information he didn't have, he didn't believe she was innocent. He had no reason to believe that. Every source he had had told him that PD was killed by RQ.

Am I going to have to repeat this a third time?
>>
>>92834789
Yeah, because she felt she owed him, and he looks human enough for it to be convincing.
>>
File: 1457225124102.jpg (47KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1457225124102.jpg
47KB, 300x300px
>>92834546
>He thought if the Diamonds got to kill 'RQ' they'd leave Earth alone, and was feeling extra guilty because he himself provided the list of friends to be kidnapped by Aquamarine and Topaz.

YD doesn't care for earth, she just wants the cluster, destryoing earth is just the cherry on top, why would she stop after killing rose? she was going to destry earth before when she thought she kill her with that corruption weapon, how does this change her mind about destroying earth?
>>
>>92834841
So then where are the movements when she doesn't believe he's half human?
>>
File: 1491573958259.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491573958259.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
>>92834808

Ever wonder why Steven didn't just ask Zircon for the files she had on the death of PD?

Yet another opportunity to gather intel and understand what the fuck was going on even if the info was 'unreliable'. He's trusted people with and for less.
>>
File: 1458175550347.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1458175550347.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>92834599
>retconning
It was very obvious from the very beginning that Rose didn't shatter shit, you fucking retard.
>>
>>92834916
>It was very obvious from the very beginning that Rose didn't shatter shit, you fucking retard.

Not him, but it completely invalidates Steven's whole arc if Rose didn't actually do it.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (65KB, 872x685px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
65KB, 872x685px
>>92834916
no it was not, you inbred apologist shithead.

if it really was obvious, Steven wouldn't be believing the enemies who call his own mother a murderer and screech about it time after time.

Fucking moron.
>>
File: 1492280749677.jpg (143KB, 543x522px) Image search: [Google]
1492280749677.jpg
143KB, 543x522px
>>92834756

And? How does that makes them forget about earth?
>>
File: 1458611909734.png (117KB, 238x266px) Image search: [Google]
1458611909734.png
117KB, 238x266px
>>92835006
I was referring to the people watching the show, not to fucking Steven who, as exemplified by this very thread, has serious problems thinking for himself and not being an idiot most of the time.
>>
>>92832331
Steven is literally the outcome of being raised by 3 lesbian aliens and a hippie ebta father. His poor decision taking skills and overall autistic attitude is set to him from the start. It's part of his character to be an incompetent idiot.
>>
>>92832331
>Like why didn't he even explain himself even when he was given the chance?
The gems wouldn't understand and he's learned that by now and is sick of trying to explain it?
>>
>>92832331
You seriously think they'd just believe him? Use your head.
>>
where can I watch this? I can't find a download
>>
>>92834408
>According to everyone else with common sense, that's a complete retard who is more willing to believe literal nobodies like Eyeball about Pink Diamond's death than believing in his own mother
>common sense
>believing nobodies
Literally all the offworld gems think Rose killed PD. His own mother figures lie to him and won't tell him the truth, they just mention she did what she had to. Which strongly implies she did.
>instead of believing his own mother
most mothers I know like through their teeth. Surprise surprise, mothers can be terrible people too. Also she died before Steven was born, so what the fuck are you talking about. She never even told him in a video that she didn't kill pd.

Do you have brain damage or something?
>>
>>92834968

Not him. but... well... They are gonna invalidate that arc. Rose is Pink Diamond.
>>
>>92835007
because they dont know the cluster has been nullified genius.
>>
>>92834916
Bismuth did it and Rose covered for her.
>>
>>92834781
Dude, its just a kids show.

Fucking christ.
>>
>>92834599
>except that they are blatantly retconning it with the incredibly unsubtle claim that either Yellow or Blue killed Pink,
It wasn't unsubtle, and we have no idea what actually happened. We don't know how much the cg's saw. Aside from that, it might not even be a diamond who did it, but it's clear somebody else was involved. Had to be to fool a Saphire.
>and considering how unnatural Yellow acted, it's clear as day that they'll reveal that Yellow killed her.
Unnatrual? For a giant yellow space woman? do tell. She could've acted crazed because some lower gem just accused her of murdering her own sister. It's like if a peasant accused a king of kiling his brother for the throne, the king wouldn't take that shit. That peasant would be killed.

>Besides, they fucking admitted that NO ONE saw Rose shattering Pink, the writers were retarded for making the Crystal Gems disbelieve in Rose and unironically thinking she's the killer with no clear proof.
Nobody at the trial did, nobody who was a reliable narrator anyway. The only people who would know were cgs and the bubbled pink court.
>>
>>92835707
pls
>>
>>92834479
The whole thing is retard. Her sword can't shatter gems and the CG need to be fucking idiot, they reacted like they didn't know, how's that possible? Of course questions are cursed for them! Questions are BAD!!!
>>
>>92834660
Please anon, he could have asked how did it happen? But no, he didn't it cause the plot needs a retard steven
>>
>>92834697
eyeball called him a war criminal
>>
Its stupid in the sense that Steven assumes the diamonds would leave homeworld alone and the fact that he feels the need to pay for his mothers actions.
>>
i still can't get over fluorite being a fucking creepy granny who wants to assimilate other gems
>>
>>92834419
The only respectable black president is a republican one, like Ben Carson.
>>
>>92835006
(Not him)
It was obvious! Steven is stupid, don't try to defend a shitty plot
>>
>>92835707
watchcartoononline
>>
>>92832331
First of all, his train of thought is established in the first episode or the arc, whether or not you think it's dumb, that's his best plan.

Although, do you really expect a kidnapped, hungry, and scared 14 year old to be a cool, calm, rational actor?
>>
Face it, this show is spinning in circles and doesnt know what to do or where to go. Why else do you think townie episodes were so frequent? Christ Lapis and Peridot fucked off to a barn to do jack shit
>>
>>92837050
>Although, do you really expect a kidnapped, hungry, and scared 14 year old to be a cool, calm, rational actor?

There's a difference between lying and explaining the truth to save your and other people's life. It's not that he's nervous, it's the fact that he didn't think of other options or at least try to gain or explain information.
>>
File: 1493422076586.png (309KB, 504x398px) Image search: [Google]
1493422076586.png
309KB, 504x398px
>>92835802

Yes, and? How does that makes them forget about earth? They would have to go to earth to pick the cluster up somehow eventually, if anything these events would make them more wary of earth than before, are you acting like a retard on purpose?
>>
>>92837368
>and explaining the truth to save your and other people's life.
Every time he tries nobody believes him, why would this be any different? Eyeball didn't, and she indicated he was Rose Quartz directly to the Diamonds.
I'm not saying "let them think I'm Rose, surely the Diamonds will leave Earth alone!" was the greatest gameplan anybody's ever had, but if I were Steven I wouldn't bother trying to explain the truth either.

>or at least try to gain or explain information.
Like what, exactly? As other anons have already pointed out, he had no reason to disbelieve Rose being her killer until Zircon went on her tangent, at which point it was far too late.
>>
>>92832331
Steven is a child turning into a confused angsty teenager. So of course he is going to do and say dumb shit.
>>
>>92835644
>>92835704

See>>92834676
>>
>>92835802
So? Yellow Diamond said they'll go back to earth in the mean time.
>>
>>92835854
Not an excuse, this is very basic stuff.
>>
>>92835707
Just check /sug/.
>>
OP, are YOU autistic? Can you not follow very basic plot threads? Steven was trying to shoulder the entirety of the blame so his friends and the CGs back on earth would be left alone. He literally said that...
>>
>>92837697
Dumb, because they're aggressive Homeworld gems that don't understand the concept of children like the Crystal Gems do. No reason the Diamonds would be any more understanding.
>>
File: really overclocks my circuits.png (138KB, 338x300px) Image search: [Google]
really overclocks my circuits.png
138KB, 338x300px
>>92832331
>>92832431
>>92832603
>>92832550
>>92832784
>>92833908
>>92833963
>>92834408

Holy fucking shit. He was trying to take the blame for everything to resolve the Diamond's grudge once and for all. What do you guys even wanted him to do other than that? What's there to not understand? Did you guys miss the social undertones with your autism?

Are you all literally retarded or clinically autistic. There's no way you guys can be this fucking dumb. Stop fucking posting and take your time to contemplate how dumb you are being.
>>
>>92834781
No, I'm srs, I'm half gem half human... oh you don't even know what a human is? Oh yeah I mean I do have her gem... yeah I did tell Aquamarine that, but that was a lie... no back then was a lie but now I'm telling you the truth, which is that Rose Quartz had an emotional connection you can't comprehend with a species you don't understand and through magic never seen before produced me, a creature with an unprecedented creation. So please save my friends and family who don't have any connection to this... no that's not a lie like the other lie I told... yes please explain that all to two emotionally compromised tyrants who want to kill me and will totally not want to kill you afterwards. Yes what we don't have time to explain all this because they're already bringing me out to kill me faster? Aw shucks.
>>
>>92838039
Blue was at least willing to listen
>>
File: 1493602850207.jpg (76KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493602850207.jpg
76KB, 333x500px
>>92837666

>So of course he is going to do and say dumb shit.

>"This character has below than average inteligence, so its completely logical for him that, in the event of a fight, his first move would be to pick up a gun, load it with 1 bullet and shoot himself in the mouth, becouse you see, he's dumb, he thought shooting himself in the mouth as fast as posible was the best way to win that fight, becouse he's dumb"

With that kind of logic you can justify anything, Satan, but what's the train of thought here? its almost meme logic at work

>Let them kidnap me and my buddy
>Confess im a wanted criminal and killed one of their leaders
>Let them kill me
>????
>PROFIT!!!!
>>
>>92832331
He doesn't have any balls to stand up, even for himself, when faced with a presence far exceeding his own. He has only ever known to let his lesbian moms handle his problems for him while he sits in the back crying about being a fuckheaded child.
>>
>>92832331
>t.i didnt watch the previous bomb
He traded himself for earth.They kill him and leave the gems alone.
Not a good plan but thats why.
>>
>>92838054
Ok, so they were wrong. Do you really need to sperg out and call people shit like that?
>>
>>92834419

>White

When he appears on tv, I instinctly reach to change gear in order to slow down.
>>
>>92838162

>oh you don't even know what a human is?

They have a fucking zoo full of them, dude, they were there, they also understand that fusion is where 2 beings merge to form another, they will understand how that humans version of it

The main problem is that he lied so they can kill him so they that it will somehow save earth, and the problem with that is that it doesn't make any fucking sense
>>
>>92838054
They didnt watch the previous bomb.
>>
>>92838054

>on /co/
>expecting anything else

Who's the bigger fool, the fool or the fool who expects anything but foolish from the fool?
>>
>>92838502
Why would they though? Steven clearly saw multiple times they don't give a shit about earth and would fuck with it anyway
>>
>>92838054
Better idea, bubble all homeworld gems that show up no questions asked. Yellow would eventually think the Cluster destroyed Earth so gems leave it alone forever.
>>
>>92832331
Why the fuck did they even continue the trial despite Steven outright yelling "I killed Pink Diamond?" Like, what the fuck else is there to question at that point?
>>
>>92832331
>A child who has been told many times by others that he is responsible for something, even by his own parents, and is trying to sacrifice himself to save others doesn't try to critically analyze the situation or talk down the god-like intergalactic dictators that want his head on a poke
Gee, it's almost like he had resigned himself to his fate. It's unfortunate that we can't all be detective conan or icy chilled under pressure like the top men at /co/

>>92838659
Nigga, they pointed it out in the episode directly. Blue Diamond didn't want a confession. She wanted to know HOW it could have possibly been pulled off.
>>
>>92834343
They call it a war crime in SU to make it sound more important
>>
>>92838659
Plot stupidity.
>>
>>92834408
I really fucking wish they would tone down his crying thing. Like the one time his crying would actually have some weight and impact behind it, it don't matter because he's cried like every three episodes now. It's like when you look at some superhero comics and they're flying around, it don't matter because that's the norm for them.
>>
File: 1494138336451.png (183KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1494138336451.png
183KB, 500x377px
>>92838502

>He traded himself for earth.They kill him and leave the gems alone.

Isn't that the reason no one with a brain negotiate with terrorists?

>"I have the president of the united states, i will kill him if you don't give me 1 trillion american dollars!"
>"Okay, here they are, now give me the president!"
>"No, now i want 2 trillion dollars!"

Like, they could just come back the next day, or maybe even the moment they have him captured, why would they stop if they're winning?
>>
>>92838503
Fuck off /co/mblr
>>
>>92838659
Blue Diamond knew something was fishy about the whole thing and wanted to know the details
>>
>>92838880
Blue Diamond is a dumb cunt.
>>
>>92834781
>It's not like he hasn't done stupid things without thinking before but…can he just sit back and think about the ramifications and potential ways he can manipulate the situation to his favor? Instead of running head first into accepting everything?
Have you seen the way he's taught by the crystal gems?
>Let us handle saving humanity
>You're too young to face these dangerrs
>Don't worry, we'll take care of this
>Stand back and let us do the work
He has never been encouraged to fix shit on his own whatsoever,
>>
>>92838735
>>92838721
>>
>>92835854
So is My Little Pony but the logic and writing behind their characters is sound. Even something older like Kids Next Door or Rugrats have done shit like this better than SU has ever done.
>>
>>92834900
Oh please just give it up already. We all know that the Crewniverse aren't going to hand everything out to us immediately. They're going to slow the drip of lore and backstory on us as much as possible because then it'll be more rewarding when we finally receive the answers we've been waiting for.
>>
>>92837666
>Steven is a child turning into a confused angsty teenager
He's already a confused angsty teenager, he just chooses to stay as a child
>>
If he shut the fuck up Lars would be alive.
Steven keeps fucking up Lars' life because he thinks he knows best for him
>>
>>92832331
>Did anyone else find it kinda annoying that Steven kept screaming "IM ROSE QUARTZ I KILLED PINK DIAMOND" like a retard?Like why didn't he even explain himself even when he was given the chance?

Kind of, but I get it. He knows the diamonds want blood, they don't care how or from whom.There's no use reasoning with them. And as far as he knows his mom did it and he is the current physical manifestation of her.

So rather than be a coward and hid behind the Crystal Gems on earth forever, he will sacrifice himself just for his friends safety.
>>
File: 1494906925992.gif (1MB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494906925992.gif
1MB, 350x200px
>>92839201

There's a difference between a slow burn and avoiding logical actions just to extend the plot. I'm not asking for everything to be handed to me on a plate. Hell as I've said, the information that Zircon had could have been completely wrong for all I care. I'm just asking for Steven to ask questions and be proactive. If he did more often like a normal human being (in times where it was appropriate), he probably would be in a better position than he is now.

It goes to show how weak your writing skill is if you have to hide information behind a wall of 'let's just not have the character ask questions at times where it would be appropriate'.

Also

>more rewarding
>Implying many of the reveals haven't been disappointing to plenty of people

and

>implying we'd receive the all answers we've been waiting for

Even I'm not that optimistic. I'd be fine with some stuff not being revealed.
>>
File: 1456632949080.jpg (67KB, 641x481px) Image search: [Google]
1456632949080.jpg
67KB, 641x481px
>>92839201

That got me thinking, what are the answers we are waiting for? Is there something you are waiting for? For the looks of it all the answers were pretty straightfoward so far, with the exception of PD's death, which could either be also straightfoward or a plot twist that could be summed up as "The bad guy was behind it all!"

But really, what are you guys waiting for? Im just waiting for steven and the CGs to finally break down and realise they're a bunch of fuck ups and finally start to being the guardians of earth instead of a bunch of lazy smug over nothing fucks, but that's just me
>>
>>92832396
holy shit, I think the crew thinks that a major crime during a war is called a "war crime"
>>
>>92839797
> Im just waiting for steven and the CGs to finally break down and realise they're a bunch of fuck ups and finally start to being the guardians of earth instead of a bunch of lazy smug over nothing fucks
Never going to happen, because if it did then that means that the show can no longer operate on the illusion of having a continuous overrarching narrative and thus it will no longer be able to get away with rampant filler/townie/townie filler episodes while tossing bits of "lore" at its viewers like breadcrumbs before ducklings.
>>
File: a24.png (29KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
a24.png
29KB, 680x383px
>>92832331
I need you to understand that my boy went to homeworld ready to fucking die, he was flustered when blue asked how he killed PD, he didn't expect anyone to want him to explain himself
>>
File: Padparadscha.png (50KB, 293x499px) Image search: [Google]
Padparadscha.png
50KB, 293x499px
I just want to say that my favorite of the Off-Colors is the Slowpoke Sapphire.
>>
>>92838941
She's not dumb. If she was dumb she would have gone with Yellow's shitty attempt to push it underneath the rug.
>>
>>92838869
childishly overreacting because they don't understand the show you love is a tumblr thing to do.
>>
>>92834676
even bismuth was convinced steven was rose until the very end when she realized she was wrong.
>>
>>92840000
I find it annoying that they just made another Sapphire instead of creating a new character design for that gem.

Due to this, that makes it seem like there's other gems but they all just look the same. So there could be a ruby-looking gem that's not really a ruby and a Peridot-looking gem that's not a peridot.
>>
>>92838054
>He was trying to take the blame for everything to resolve the Diamond's grudge once and for all.

Which is still dumb since he personally saw YD being a type that you cannot negotiate with.
>>
>>92839797
They're all fuck ups, that's the point. They didn't survive because they were the stongest, smartest, or the best, they only survived because Rose only was able to save her besties. Amy's whole ting is she cares abotu the earth and defends it despite being a fuck up. Pearl acts superior because she uses it to hide the fact she's a fucking mess who feels super inferior to being murdercocked, and garnet thinks she's hot shit because she's constantly having sex with herself 24/7. Steven also knows he's terrible but he's been getting better.
>>
Are they seriously backpedaling on the whole "Rose shattered Pink D" thing? It was probably one of the more interesting plot points they brought up
>>
>>92839277
Steven got what he wanted, Lars is now his own personal revenant minion.
>>
>>92839277
But now he has a badass scar, isn't afraid, is no longer pussing out, and he's almost immortal now.

Also he's superhuman. Not a bad fucking reward for putting up with the tiny criminal.
>>
>>92840145
they aren't backpedaling, it's called having a fucking plot. Things change all the fucking time due to new information coming in. Look at Teen Titans or fucking Harry Potter with that Snape bullshit.
>>
>>92840148
Is Lars immortal?
>>
>>92832331
The whole point of the recent bombs is to show that Steven is having a massive existential crisis, from wondering when he was born to wondering if Rose gave up her form to let him exist only to thrust all of her problems on him, which she maybe didn't mean to, but those problems came back anyways. Obviously the talk he had with his mom-self in his room hasn't amounted to much because he's still conflicted over it.
Plus, do you REALLY think the gem's would understand a fucking word of what he said or believe what he said about his mom fucking an earth monkey and exploding to become him? Precedent shows that none of the other gems understand what the fuck he is. Eyeball didn't buy it, Bismuth had to be stabbed by him to believe his words, and Jasper STILL thinks he's Rose. Blue Diamond MIGHT understand, but only if she actually stood around to watch the humans she collected. Yellow Diamond might just get angry and try to kill him there. Steven just wants this to end. If he can save the rest of Earth by turning himself in, he's okay with that. He's tired of his entire existence just being a scapegoat for Rose's crimes.
Remember that lawyer's argument on what happened to Pink Diamond? It sounded ridiculous. Remember what happened to her? Remember what happened to the other innocent lawyer? If Steven tried to explain everything it'd sound even more retarded and he would probably get Palatine'd
This isnt a "just talk it out" thing for once.
If this resolves with Steven just doing a "talk it out thing" Im gonna want to kill myself
>>
>>92838619

>send soldiers to a planet
>never hear from them again

What do you think is more likely to happen, an army is sent to investigate what the fuck is going on or YD just forgetting about it?
>>
>>92840217
Lion is, isn't he?
>>
>>92840217
He doesn't need to eat and can live for a fucking long time if we look at Lion. He's probably immortal in vampire terms where he could still die but if you left him alone, he wouldn't die.
>>
>>92839229
Nah, he's a kid or a retard your choice
>>
>>92839229
no, he's just mentally a child aka retarded
>>
>>92840250
>If this resolves with Steven just doing a "talk it out thing" Im gonna want to kill myself

How do you honestly think this is going to be resolved, anon? Steven literally brought Lars back to life, talked to himself, talked to his dad, etc etc

What could possibly happen to him that'll make him get over this? This isn't sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>92840145

>"Wait a second, did anyone ask WHY a Rose would be near Pink Diamond? There was none in her army!"

I disliked it since the whole explanation made Blue Diamond and the other gems look dumb.

Blue Diamond was obsessed with Pink Diamond's death and had years to come up with her own conclusion on it.

Yet she couldn't figure out what a lowly gem discovered in a matter of minutes with no prep beforehand?
>>
>>92840145
>>92840413
Pearl did it.
>>
File: fce.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fce.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>92834546
>expecting /co/ to be able to suss out a simple children's cartoon
>>
>>92839201
Rewarding? Hahahaha they're going to scewit up if they didn't do it already
>>
>>92832331
Think about it in this perspective
He wanted to take the blame so the Diamonds could hopefully leave Earth alone once and for all. He's being a complete idiot yes, but with good intentions. He's sacrificing himself

But even if he wanted to explain, the Diamonds would either 1. Not understand and/or 2. Would not believe him at all
>>
>>92832331
Trying to explain himself would be a waste of breath. His mere existence is an affront to homeworld gem society being a human/gem hybrid, so chances are they wouldn't really listen to a thing he'd say.
>>
>>92839631
It needed to be said
>>
>>92840397
I havent seen the spoilers
I havent put much thought in how they escape this. Im still holding out on "Rose comes back at a pivotal moment" even if as a spirit through his Gem or something, mostly because it'd be anime as fuck.
Im also waiting on those homeworld flashback episodes so we can get more info.
>>
>>92840250
>If he can save the rest of Earth by turning himself in, he's okay with that.

How does that makes any sense? That's my problem, he could lie to try to get his ass out of there and he would've obviously fail, i'll give you that, the trail was just for show, but why did he thought that him diying would save earth of being destroyed?
>>
>>92832331
He wasn't going to clean up, he was going to cut his losses.

He is stupid in assuming that Rose is all the Diamonds want with Earth (Yellow will probably do everything she can to vaporize it when she realizes the cluster is no longer viable)... but from his idea that he's "taking the fall", it sorta makes sense.

He's there to take all the blame onto himself so his loved ones can live without fear.
>>
File: 1490634680157.jpg (108KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
1490634680157.jpg
108KB, 500x403px
>>92840441
>Pearl
Was heavily implied that Amethyst did it.
>>
>>92840644
It really makes no sense how him dying would stop the Gem Homeworld from continuing their work on Earth. He dies, the CGs lose their white mage, they die, nobody left to protect the Earth, the Cluster is forced into action by the diamonds and the Earth is kaput.
I know he's supposed to be retarded but after all those episodes where the writers give him out of character powers why couldn't they give it to him here?
>>
>>92840495
This, it's just not useful to even bother trying the explanations.
>>
>>92840670

If all roads leads to death then why not explain yourself anyway?
>>
>>92840644
>why did he thought that him diying would save earth of being destroyed?
Because gems are petty, forgetful, and have bigger fish to fry. If they REALLY wanted the earth to be destroyed, they would've done it by now. Its now been shown it takes like, less than an hour to reach earth. They just dont care.
>>
>>92832331
>Trying to explain childbirth to a race with no concept of it
Even the fucking CGs didn't understand it and they were on earth for thousands of years.
There is no way that could have gone well.
>>
>>92840770
Because not all roads lead to the death of everyone in his mind - even if that chance is a 0.001% compared to a 0.00001% if he bothered explaining himself.
>>
>>92840854
>Because not all roads lead to the death of everyone in his mind - even if that chance is a 0.001% compared to a 0.00001% if he bothered explaining himself.

Okay, explain how
>>
>>92840836
>Because gems are petty, forgetful, and have bigger fish to fry.

>They're just going to forget about the cluster
>They're just going to forget about the rebellion
>They're just going to forget about PD's death

If anything the new episodes proved that they didn't forget about anything
>>
>>92840836
They just don't know about the cluster.

The Diamonds are patient, and long lived in their grudges. Yellow was fine letting Earth be because she knew the cluster would take thousands of years to gestate. If she knew that the Earth was safe, she'd detonate a black hole forming bomb or something on the surface. She wants it gone, she just already figures it's happening.
>>
>>92840081
No it's the other way around, she thought he was telling the truth until he started sounding like Rose and then she thought he was lying and then realized it wasn't a lie.
>>
>>92840913
He thought the Diamonds might fuck off if he offered himself up as a sacrifice, not realising/being too caught up to think through that they might just not ignore Earth. Not the best gameplan, but considering he's a 14-year old kid who has just turned himself in and is faced with overwhelming odds whilst trying to protect those he loves, I can't exactly blame him.
>>
>>92839914
But killing an enemy combatant isn't even a crime in war.

It's definitely not a war crime.
>>
>>92841160
Maybe it's considered a war crime on Homeworld.
>>
>>92841202
And how would Steven know that?
>>
>>92841341

He wouldn't. People are taking this "war crime" thing too seriously. The show is just using the term war crime as shorthand for a "really really bad thing to do."
>>
>>92840735
Where was Pink Diamond's Pearl, anon?
>>
>>92834968
>it completely invalidates Steven's whole arc if Rose didn't actually do it
Who cares honestly it wasn't evne that compelling of a character arc
>>
>>92841459
Dead? Off crying and singing a song number? Who knows.

Doesn't change my previous statement.
>>
>>92841160
it could just be a crime on homeworld. it's a different culture. Isn't Pink Diamond technically one of the creators of various types of gems? Rose Quartz and Jaspers didn't seem to be created before PD was there so it could be considered as a crime since they're essentially stopping the creation of various types of gem.
>>
>>92832331
Because muh reparations.

It's trying to get across that your responsible for your ancestors deeds and should own up to shit you never did.
>>
>>92841475
It's still a bit of a cop-out for them to suddenly hand-wave all the guilt and turmoil Steven has suffered thinking his mom did something awful.

>>92841575
Not too unlike how strong leaders on earth create new classes and mindsets in human society. It still seems like a reach that any culture would consider a combat death a "war crime". What WOULDN'T be a war crime then? There's no point in calling combat "war" if you're going to treat every aggressive action's outcome as a crime
>>
>>92832331
I don't understand it either, I mean he was there when he heard Yellow Diamond tell Lapidot that she didn't care about the Earth and it's potential, she just wants her cluster and for the Earth to be dead, so how was stupidly getting himself captured/killed gonna' solve the Earth situation. That's the thing I can't stand about Steven, he doesn't think things over.
>>
>>92840216
I'm just going from what I've seen a bunch of other people posting, that it looks like they're trying to make it seem like it wasn't Rose and it was actually one of the Diamonds all along. It's just kinda weird, since wasn't there a Ruby from homeworld that said she saw it happen herself? They made such a huge deal about it, and now suddenly they're just dropping it entirely and decided a Diamond did it for some reason.
>>
>>92842029
>wasn't there a Ruby from homeworld that said she saw it happen herself
What about Jasper? Didn't she bring up the concept of Rose shattering Pink Diamond in the first place?

What are they even doing with her? She just got corrupted and that's that?
>>
File: 1474507948958.png (2MB, 1168x1402px) Image search: [Google]
1474507948958.png
2MB, 1168x1402px
>>92841503
Where's PD's Pearl now, anon?
>>
>>92842116
Soon, anon.
>>
>>92842160
Was probably shattered or relocated as a result of the incident.
>>
>>92842212
They have a room full of bubbled pink gems.
>>
File: 1493098975217.jpg (35KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
1493098975217.jpg
35KB, 600x403px
>>92842289
You have a room full of bubbled pink gems.
>>
>>92842116
Rebecca recently hinted at Jasper coming back and getting an arc of some kind
>>
>>92837666
>>92839229
>>92840374
Steven is a both mentally and physically crippled modern day Caliban with a absolutely horrendous up bringing in what's essentially a cult compound. In other words: yes, he's retarded. Big time.
>>
File: 1495504668571.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495504668571.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>92832331
Daily reminder that Aku exterminated the Gems in the future where his evil is law. But now a foorish Samurai Warrior went back to the past, and undid the future that is Aku.
>Aku did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1493405454747.jpg (37KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1493405454747.jpg
37KB, 350x350px
>>92842212
>>92841503
>>92840735
Why are you so sure Pearl didn't do it? Why Amethyst, where's you reasoning?
>>
File: 1493032849223.jpg (32KB, 463x464px) Image search: [Google]
1493032849223.jpg
32KB, 463x464px
>>92842696
You tell me.
>>
>>92842696
There is none, amethyst is a fairly recent gem, maybe a couple of hundred years old. I doubt she even lived to see pink diamond, nor even know of a pink diamond's existense
>>
>>92842855
he is just trolling you my bro
>>
File: IMG_0972.png (293KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0972.png
293KB, 640x1136px
>>92842909
Oh. Well in that case.
>>
>>92842855
Peridot already said she came out of the kindergarten 500 years after every other soldier and Amethyst herself said the place was empty when she emerged so from there we can say that she popped up after the war and had no knowledge of it until the others explained things.
>>
>>92842950
Shit wrong file
>>
File: Ginpachi Sensei.jpg (99KB, 504x377px) Image search: [Google]
Ginpachi Sensei.jpg
99KB, 504x377px
>>92842819
Right. So it's been established that Pearls are the closest associates a Gem can have, literally and figuratively as seem with both Diamonds. They are not like slaves, but like super-bulters. For someone to have committed the killing, they would need to be:
1. The closest
2. The most trusted
3. Someone who could have altered the record
As for motivations, she's the most loyal of the CG, and the first one, even before Garnet, the current de-facto leader. Once she feel in love with Rose, it's only obvious what would happen. She has the perfect motivation.
Besides, you can always be sure the butler did it.
They dropped so many hints in that episode, so much emphasis to the "Where was her Pearl" thing, it's not even funny.
>>
>>92838534
>they will understand how that humans version of it

No. They will understand there is a human version of gem injectors that humans can do naturally. They will not understand sex as human fusion since the original humans exist independent of their spawn.

Steven didn't want his friends getting dragged to the zoo for his own mistakes and at that moment, he and the CGs were outmatched.. He did what he thought he had to do to save his friends. at that moment and maybe even the Earth when he got to Homeworld.
>>
File: 1493940924690.png (258KB, 537x494px) Image search: [Google]
1493940924690.png
258KB, 537x494px
>>92843174
You told me.
>>
File: b90.png (199KB, 540x282px) Image search: [Google]
b90.png
199KB, 540x282px
>>92839450
>healed a blind girl
>rose his friend from the dead
>sacrifices himself for another's sins

>mfw when steven's jesus
>>
File: 1495926861371.png (33KB, 1000x1533px) Image search: [Google]
1495926861371.png
33KB, 1000x1533px
>>92843549
>rose his friend from the dead
>>
>>92832331
It's Sugar trying WAY too hard to make him into a christ figure.

In reality he just had an autistic/asperger meltdown because gem moms wouldn't tell him anything so he just wanted to confess and find out what Rose had done.

And being the little retard he is he didn't realize they might fucking kill him.
>>
>>92838828
>Like, they could just come back the next day, or maybe even the moment they have him captured, why would they stop if they're winning?
They wouldn't. They have literally no reason to not go to earth and rape it immediately after killing him.
I'm actually wondering how they write this now considering he escaped and the diamonds have to be furious and heading straight to earth to fuck it.
>>
>>92840084
...it's a pink saphire? its not a new type. just like there are yellow and blue pearls.
>>
>>92843224
>He did what he thought he had to do to save his friends. at that moment and maybe even the Earth when he got to Homeworld.

That's retarded, see >>92838828
>>
>>92844596
We already understand that he's retarded, anon. They only explaining the thought process behind his thinking.
>>
>>92840084
everybody look at this person and laugh
>>
>>92844596
No one said Steven was being smart, but there is a logic to the decision. Like the fact that everyone failed to stop Aquamarine and Topaz from kidnapping the humans or the fact that Rose Quartz is the reason why they are fucking with the Earth.

They could just keep fucking with Earth to spit on Rose's memory, but Steve wants to hope they could be appeased by getting the source of their misery. Because he has no other options. And explaining how he isn't Rose or how Rose is gone isn't an option at all
>>
>>92840084
Padparadscha is a type of sapphire you enormous dolt.
>>
>>92844596
The best thing for Steven and company to do would be to go into hiding. The diamonds still think the cluster is going to go off and if they just wait then humanity would have hundreds of not thousands of years to develop. They could easily fight back homeworld. But instead Steven needs be an idiot and accelerate everything.
>>
>>92844183
> he didn't realize they might fucking kill him.
He knew they wanted to kill him. He fully expected execution or just a long existence of torture. His hope was that would be enough for the Diamonds to lose interest in Earth.
>>
>>92844732
Homeworld may still want humans for the zoo.
>>
>not realizing he's still a kid and being mad that he doesn't think like an adult
I wonder who the real autist is
>>
>>92843174
This guy get's it. It's also prudent to mention that aside from RQ Pearl is the only Gem to use a sword, the supposed murder weapon, the only active CG to have regularly used mundane weapons in the war, and is the only CG who has never shape shifted on camera. Combine this with the fact that the diamond on her flight suit was pink, her reaction to the murders reveal to Steven and the only main CG not to get a pre-war backstory (Granted only like four characters plus the rubies were actually THERE) I think a younger, dumber, and more militant Pearl could have definitely shape shifted into PD's Pearl (or been her all along oooohhhh), stopped PD's walking gazebo then turned into a "close enough to fool any witnesses" RQ when they were alone, and shanked the Pink bitch. She could have had as many reasons as Rose would have to take PD down.
>>
File: 1464232336654.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1464232336654.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>>92844688

>"If i go there and let them kill me then earth will be spared"

Yeah, that's nice, why? And how? Did he thought "Maybe if i just confess the crime then their grudge will fade away and be merciful with earth"? I guess there some logic behind that but its on par with setting yourself on fire to warm yourself up
>>
>>92844732
To be fair while a giant fucking gem statue is a stupid place to hide. It is on a GLOBAL scale so they pretty much were in hiding, and its not like they were even considering fucking with homeworld. The only reason that they know about the CG is Lapis and Peridot. One of whom was an escaped prisoner they might not of known was still sentient and the other was investigating something completely different.
>>
>>92845292
>Did he thought "Maybe if i just confess the crime then their grudge will fade away and be merciful with earth"?

Yes. Their beef isn't with the Earth. It's with Rose Quartz for killing Pink Diamond. His conclusion was by offering himself up, not only does he spare his friends the fate of the zoo, but MAYBE he can spare the Earth anymore Homeworld meddling.

Again, it wasn't smart, but there weren't clear alternatives.
>>
>>92838242
I'm... not following your logic.

I know there's a fallacy here, and your argument is wrong... but its really hard to pinpoint what you're saying is the most wrong.
>>
>>92844722
>>92844670
sorry for not having my fucking gem manual on hand
>>
>>92843174
>>92845039
That doesn't explain why her entire fleet of guards would not be around PD during the attack, though.
>>
File: 1461816716739.jpg (11KB, 328x277px) Image search: [Google]
1461816716739.jpg
11KB, 328x277px
>>92845384

>Their beef isn't with the Earth

There was no beef with earth before it was about to be colonised but they were going to destroy it anyway, but i get your point, that was steven's train of thought, but by god that has to be his most retarded moment in the series so far

The worst part about it is that, to some extent, it worked, the humans are on earth, the CG's are still free, even lars came out of the grave so steven can be 100% on the right, the mother fucker got away with it out of sheer luck again
>>
File: 1496107470780.png (567KB, 1208x1230px) Image search: [Google]
1496107470780.png
567KB, 1208x1230px
>>92845447
>sorry for not doing any research before shitposting
>>
>Killing the leader of an invading alien force is a crime
I hope the Imperium wipes you all out
>>
I like how Steven made absolutely no effort to explain things to the Diamonds or give Blue any sort of closure.
He had his time in court. He had a chance to explain to the Diamonds what he was and what he knew of the situation.
He could have opened up some meaningful dialogue with them. Maybe even got them to let him go once they understood he wasn't really Rose.
But instead all he could do was scream about needing to be punished.
Whatever his end goals were he went about achieving them in the worst way possible.
>>
>>92832396
Being a traitor and killing your former boss can sour things up quite a bit you know.
>>
>>92846108
>He had a chance to explain to the Diamonds what he was
A being he barely understands.

>and what he knew of the situation.
Fuck all. What did you expect?
>>
>>92838242
He was more concerned about the safety of others than his own, Steven already knew that fighting Homeworld would be a pointless ordeal that wouldn't end well for them, Knowing full well that Homeworld don't operate on human-based logic he thought if they got the Rose Quarts they wanted to so badly perhaps they would've lost interest in the Earth for a little bit at least, Buying them some time,

The other reason would've been Steven wanting closure from his moms past, Nobody gave him a straight answer so he assumed the worst.
>>
>>92844688
He's retarded
>>
>>92834436

Yes, moron, that was the point.
>>
>>92846108
Remember when Steven explained what he was to Jasper and she said "fuck you Rose Quartz"? Remember when he explained himself to Bismuth and she kinda bought it till he started saying things Rose said? Remember when Steven explained himself to Eyeball and once he confirmed his relation to Rose, she went "fuck you Rose Quartz"? What the hell makes you think Steven is in any position to open up a dialogue that convinces the Diamonds that he isn't Rose Quartz? He's in front of the Diamonds because they think he's Rose Quartz. He said he's Rose Quartz and Eyeball said it too.

Yellow Diamond would probably try and strike his ass down if he started talking about gems fucking mud monkeys and how despite the fucking gem in his stomach, he isn't Rose.
>>
File: 1353109479280.jpg (11KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1353109479280.jpg
11KB, 150x150px
>the bomb ends with Steven coming home
>tfw even more townie episodes, plus a guaranteed one about Lars's parents

S T A T U S Q U O
>>
>>92846759
Maybe, but he had almost no other options.
>>
>>92845874
more like killing your CO because they're endangering the indigenous people
>>
>>92834900

>why Steven didn't just ask Zircon for the files

Yeah faggot, he should've asked her to put them on his cloud storage or just pass them into the Gem Compatible Flashdrive he always carries

Do you people fucking turn your brains off while writing this shit?
>>
>super advanced alien homeworld that has existed for untold eons
>has refugees living and hiding on it totally unbeknownst to the super advanced alien race that has occupied it for who knows how many years
yeah gems are fucking stupid because nobody put any thought into them or their world
>>
>>92845039
Why shapeshift to RQ to do it? To give the rebel forces courage?
>>
>>92847011

I swear to god the posts on this thread just keep getting more and more retarded
>>
>>92847107
Don't try to excuse bad writing. Even current day technology makes it nearly impossible for someone to live 'off the grid' and some slow malformed idiots have managed to do it for supposedly thousands on thousands of years?

'oh but we send like 3 drones around every once in a while when there's an escaped war criminal on the loose' give me a break
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1296x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1296x768px
>>92847177

Oh idk anon, maybe it might had something to do with the fact they're actively hiding in the equivalent of a cavern system under sewers, only infinitely bigger and with millions of holes and more hiding places.

No, seriously, what the fuck is it with SU threads turning people aggresively retarded
>>
>>92847375
>maybe it might had something to do with the fact they're actively hiding in the equivalent of a cavern system under sewers
We have sonar technology TODAY that could map every inch of a cavern like that.
>>
>>92847414
>>92847177
gem technology is only as 'extremely advanced' as it needs to be to suit the plot in the short-term. dur.
>>
>>92847448
That's the point I'm getting at. It's contrived. Who is this show meant for? babies?
>>
>>92847414

Homeworld was hollowed out for resources, sonar doesn't work that way. We still don't know jackshit about our own oceans. and those aren't the entire planet.

Fuck off with this autism
>>
>>92847375

As we expected, their whole planet must be hollowed out, which is why they colonized.
>>
>>92847414
>>92847011
>>92847177

If our modern tech is so advanced, why are there still so many missing kids and criminals on the lamb?

It's almost like, even with advanced technology, the world is a massive place. The off-colors may not be dead, but they're hiding in fear and not bothering the normie gems, which is probably good enough for gem society.
>>
>>92847488
rebecca sugar, and certain friends of hers

everyone else can take it or leave it
>>
>>92847764
>If our modern tech is so advanced, why are there still so many missing kids
Because they're dead and buried in a field somewhere. Most missing kids aren't running around living off the land.
>>
>>92848222

The off colors aren't exactly living the comfy life out on a farm either. They're wandering a massive labyrinth that for all we know is bigger than the homeworld cities.

Plus, I don't think those are the only off colors in the entire homeworld. There are probably other bands of off-colors wandering around there who HAVE gotten killed by the robots.
>>
>>92847490
> sonar doesn't work that way
Sonar doesn't work what way? Bouncing sound off surfaces and mapping the reflecting waves doesn't work in a cavern?
>We still don't know jackshit about our own oceans
That's because the deep sea technology has only been around for a piddling few decades and most of the work is done by independent researchers with insufficient budgets working for grants. You think the oceans will still be unmapped in 1000 years? Let alone the multiple thousands of yearsthose gems have been hiding for.
>>
>>92832331
Steven is autistic. He was raised by a whole cloister of autistic extraterrestrials.
>>
"I'm Rose Quartz of Homeworld! Don't believe the Diamond Authority's lies!"
>>
>>92840644
Because he realized from Aquamarine that Homeworld's tech advantage is impossible to overcome.
>>
I hate all the main characters, especially Steven
Am I missing anything by not watching this
>>
>>92834419
pretty sure shooting that orange slug in office would be a national holiday.
>>
File: 1495340162210.jpg (488KB, 1010x964px) Image search: [Google]
1495340162210.jpg
488KB, 1010x964px
>autistic manchildren with knowledge of the viewer try to show their superiority by claiming they have better decision making skills than a homeschooled literal child in a cartoon

I sometimes wonder how a story written by you literal apes would pan out seeing as you think every character should make the """rational""" decision and think entirely like you think
>>
>>92849710
Mm bait
>>
File: 1464711680240.png (590KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1464711680240.png
590KB, 1600x1000px
>>92845447
>Gem that hides with other defective gems
>Can only see the past
>Hm... what defect version of a gem that we know and literally look the same could that be?
You're just fucking stupid. Too stupid even to understand stuff that hapens in a childrens cartoon.
>>
>>92849738
>bait
I mean, if you're a polfag I guess, I'm just speaking to the sane majority of the usa.
>>
>>92832331
because that hasn't worked in the past. We've seen that gems have a hard time grasping just WHAT steven is. All they see is him gem and think "oh, rose quartz"
>>
>>92842289
Those are just Rose Quartz's
>>
>>92846929
Notice how those gems were literally retarded though. Lapis bought it.
>>
>>92845447
>sorry for not having my fucking gem manual on hand
>he types on his computer keyboard
>>
>>92842545
didn't Aku arrive after the cluster, though?
>>
File: 1496105456041.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496105456041.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
Why would Steven explain himself? The point is that he gave himself up so they would leave Earth alone. He didn't expect to go to the tribune because he thought they would punish him immediately.

Having them realize he's just her human son would fuck everything up, they'd likely just shatter him and go to Earth to find the REAL rose quartz.

Yeah the plan has holes in it, but it was all he could come up with when aqua and topaz were going to raditz all those humans.
>>
>>92832396
It might have been a war crime if it was perfidy
>>
>>92839229

Child/teenager are not mutually exclusive categories.
>>
>>92832378
/thread
>>
>>92832331

How could he explain things when he doesn't really know what happened? It's not like he inherited his mother's memories.
>>
>>92851477
Only aliens can get Raditz'd. Humans get Yamcha'd.
>>
File: steven.png (410KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
steven.png
410KB, 1280x720px
Here's what Steven could have said to the diamonds.

> I'm only half of Rose Quarts. I'm 50% Rose and 50% Human, but the only way I could exist is if Rose Quarts sacrificed herself and her germ. She's gone forever, and now I have her gem and her powers.

I don't have any of her memories, but since you said that she shattered Pink Diamond, i'm willing to accept whatever punishment Rose Quartz deserves on her behalf. All I ask is you just leave Earth alone and send my best friend Lars back to Earth.
>>
>>92851256
Lapis has never uttered the name Rose Quartz. She seems to have no personal attachment to the war and its details. Does she even know about the Rose Quartz line?
>>
>>92849737
Well for one I would have made an episode showing Rose kill Pink Diamond so we can avoid this bullshit.

Rose killed Pink Diamond using something to weaken her before hand.

Homeworld would have her shards in a secret location and Blue would never visit earth since the shards are on homeworld.
>>
>>92854152
>Lars
>Best friend
>>
>>92853895
Didn't stop him
>>
>>92854525
He pretty much is, the feeling just isn't mutual
>>
>>92854152
Tell me anon. What would the purpose of explaining himself be if he still wants to claim responsibility for his mom's crimes? The only reason he's standing in front of the Diamonds was because he claimed to be Rose Quartz. Telling the truth about himself will lead to the following situations

A. They think he's lying and ignore, rendering the explanation pointless.
B. They accept it and punish him as Rose anyway, again rendering the explanation poinless.
C. They ask a bunch of "hows" and "whys", muddying and possibly reject punishing Steven as Rose's surrogate, but still keeping him prisoner as an oddity worthy of future study. With THE Rose Quartz still not punished, they are more inclined to continue fucking with Earth
>>
>>92854395
Yeah, she was on earth during the rebellion
>>
>>92854678
Make him look less retarded because Zircon asked him why he doesn't know what happened. Also Zircon's life was on the line too so being a retard is hurting her by proxy.
>>
>>92854697
That doesn't mean she knew about the Rose Quartz line like how they are supposed to look and such. That doesn't even mean she knows all the details about the war. Again, to this day, she has never even said the name Rose Quartz.
>>
>>92854678

Becouse its the truth and also a selfless sacrifice that's in character for steven?

But then again, i guess being retarded is also in character for steven, never mind.
>>
>>92854731
Everyone knew about Rose Quartz that's like saying you don't know who was responsible for Pearl Harbor while you where there and saw the japs drop the bombs.
>>
>>92854729
Steven doesn't care how retarded he looks or Zircon's case. He didn't care trial at all. He wanted this shit done with. If he told Zircon and she believed him, she'd spin it into a defense and that's exactly what Steven doesn't want.
>>
>>92854823
Well then Stevens an asshole
>>
>>92854771
That doesn't mean she even saw Rose Quartz or a picture. We don't even know why Lapis was in a war zone. We only know she was only supposed to be there for a short time before Bismuth gave her the Bismuth.
>>
>>92854842
Steven didn't come to Homeworld to make friends. He came to be a sacrifice for Earth's sake.Just because Zircon was thrusted on him doesn't mean he's going to immediately start caring about her.
>>
What if pink diamond wasn't shattered

What if her gem was cut to make Rose Quartz

That's why Pearl has those shards, they're bits of Rose's/Pink Diamond's Gem.
>>
>>92854867
I'm pretty sure she heard about her though. She's been known as a criminal for hundreds of years.
>>
>>92854967
She still never made reference to Rose even after Steven healed her gem. Jasper recognized Steven as Rose after seeing the shield, and Eyeball recognized Steven as Rose when he healed her gem, but Lapis has yet to make any reference to Rose at all.
>>
>>92845741
I wonder if Pad will fuse with Garnet giving her a sort of omnivision
>>
>>92854957
Yet he did show to care about the unhinged Ruby that actively tried to kill him.
>>
>>92855034
Because she didn't give a shit and wasn't a fighting gem like them.
>>
>>92856114
He did what he had to do, but he still wasn't proud of chucking Eyeball into space after they seemingly bonded. Meanwhile Zircon is literally working counter to his own immediate goals.

>>92856123
Or she is relatively ignorant of the details of the war (or at least Rose Quartz) and thus isn't going to recognize Steven as Rose. We don't know for sure either way, but it's that ambiguity that makes Lapis not applicable to the "gems who recognize that Steven isn't Rose even though they see his gem or abilities associated with Rose". She's on par with Peridot who's just ignorant.
>>
>>92856301
I just found it weird that as an "all-loving hero" he would just disregard someone that was trying to save him (even if just for obligation).
>>
>>92846995

>Implying he couldn't have just asked her to read them for him

The fact that you have to insult people on this thread shows that you're not mature enough to actually have a proper discussion with anyone.
>>
>>92856429
He didn't love Holo-Pearl or Kevin. And being saved works counter to his goals of "saving" the people of Earth.
>>
>>92856497
Well, Holo-Pearl can be seen as more of a machine and Kevin... well, I don't know. He certainly wasn't any nastier than Jasper or Eyeball, so maybe Steven does hate creeps more than anything in the universe?
>>
>>92856301
>She's on par with Peridot who's just ignorant.

No, because Lapis at least knows things about earth. Peridot didn't even know what rain was.
>>
>>92856497
He was OOC in regards to Kevin
>>
>>92857028
She's closer to Peridot then she is all the gems that identify Rose Quarz or at least the resemblance when they see "her".
>>
better to bitch, than to say humans can fuse with gems and kill them
Thread posts: 285
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.