[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>turned down multiple chances to go back to the past when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: med_1452103981_00026.jpg (55KB, 640x473px) Image search: [Google]
med_1452103981_00026.jpg
55KB, 640x473px
>turned down multiple chances to go back to the past when people were in trouble
>defeating Aku erased the future anyways, making that completely, totally pointless

Hmmm
>>
>>92828547
You want an answer? You want to complain, you want us to agree with you? What's the point of this thread?
>>
>>92828547
If you're trying to say that futurefags were right, no. Jack was wrong to reject those chances, that's the issue. /co/ keeps misblaming the ending
>>
>>92828547
Do you not understand the concept of principle? Jack was constitutionally incapable of sacrificing others for his mission. The only reason he got back at all was because Ashi basically ambushed him. Give him another couple of seconds to look around and realize what's happening and he probably would've jumped out and ended up stuck in the future after Aku died and Ashi's powers left her.
>>
File: dense motherfucker.png (70KB, 243x200px) Image search: [Google]
dense motherfucker.png
70KB, 243x200px
>>92828611
>>92828614
>Jack spend all of Season 1-4 making the same decision to save others and not go back to the past
>The gods never told him to get back to the past, just to slay aku
>Even his father in the afterlife during seasons 1-4 didn't tell him to go back to the past, just to keep fighting aku
>The idea of going back to the past was Jack's and Jack's alone
>The theme of rising from the ashes and moving forward is a lot stronger and more applicable to the morals of real life than what we got, which was "just re-do everything and trade one type of pain for another."
>Instead of having Jack grapple with the decision/ moral implications of whether or not he had the right to rewrite time and move past the things that are keeping his conflict going we just have some newly introduced character make the decision for him

I love Ashi, but what even is character development Genndy? So much wasted potential.
>>
I think Jack makes the decision in E7 where he gets the sword back and heads forward to defeating Aku. Being incapable of grasping the concept of a greater good resulted in him losing the sword and all hope, and he's not willing for that to happen again... but then Aku uses Ashi, something that Jack had not fully even coped with, resulting in him seeing once again how destructive his morality actually is.
>>
>>92828547
Considering how shocked he was at Ashi disappearing due to Aku's death, did you really expect him to be smart enough to understand his actions in the future meant squat? Here's your (you)
>>
>ultimate lesson of the show is "if something horrible happens, don't work to move forward and better the future, just undo the horrible thing bro lmao"
>>
>>92832488
That's honestly what makes this ending more of a tragedy then a "bittersweet", the disappearance doesn't feel like a weihed and carefully considered sacrifice, but a punishmentdelivered as an afterthought
>>
Dudes' from like the 1600s, he doesn't know shit about the science of time travel.
>>
File: unf.png (90KB, 286x304px) Image search: [Google]
unf.png
90KB, 286x304px
if Ashi disappeared then the people of the future also met the same fate.

because why Aku does dying means Ashi dies too? this isn't Piccolo and Kami, they didn't split from the same being, Ashi is the spawn of Aku, like Venom with Carnage, and they should operate and exist independently from the other.

going by the logic of the finale, wouldn't Aku also have died when the original black mass got destroyed?
>>
>>92832794
Yes! Finally mainstream media gets brave enough to tell the stories without caring whether it's relatable to some people.
If Jack never went back to the past, this would feel very... restricting. As if it's always implied that he can go back to the past and fix stuff but he really can't because the audience can't and he's supposed to be relatable.
I'm glad that didn't happen.
>>
>MFW people don't realize Jack didn't decide to go to the past Ashi sent him

You know, Jack wanted to fight Aku and kill him not actually get back, even less after falling for Ashi.

I also find it hard to believe that people don't understand that the characters have no info on how time works. Or how time travelling affects them. They just wanted to do good, they didn't think there would be consquences.
>>
>>92833071
Not like we do either. Not like we discovered how to do it in between that time. Any theory you make is based on simple logic that people back in the Greek era could've figured out.
>>
File: 1493788425984.jpg (280KB, 1024x1395px) Image search: [Google]
1493788425984.jpg
280KB, 1024x1395px
>>92828547
Did I get sent back to the past again? Because I swear to God I've seen this thread a dozen times already.

>I did not like the ending
Cool. Good for you dude.
>>
>>92828547
>expecting a samurai to understand time travel
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.