[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://nerdist.com/first-look-at-ve nomverse-brings-tons-of-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 36

File: VENOMVERSE-by-Clayton-Crain.jpg (650KB, 3925x1207px) Image search: [Google]
VENOMVERSE-by-Clayton-Crain.jpg
650KB, 3925x1207px
http://nerdist.com/first-look-at-venomverse-brings-tons-of-marvel-favorites-into-the-mix-exclusive/

>>Through the years, there’ve been many who held the mantle of Venom, but Eddie Brock has long remained the fan favorite. A counterpoint to Peter’s innocence, naïveté, and strong moral compass, Brock’s Venom is the notorious antagonist that Spidey fans love to hate. With the summer event Venomverse, Brock is back in black (and white!) thanks to writer Cullen Bunn and editor Devin Lewis in what they call “the biggest Venom story of all time!”

>>Returning Eddie Brock to the center of the Marvel Universe has been an exciting prospect for Cullen Bunn, one of today’s most prolific writers at the House of Ideas. It’s a chance to prove why Eddie is still the best fit for the symbiote suit in this action-packed summer event. “If Spider-Verse was Saving Private Ryan,” said Devin Lewis, referencing Dan Slott’s team-up book, which featured a collection of alternate universe Spideys, “then Venomverse is Die Hard.”

>>Though he may have been symbiote-less, Eddie Brock has been back in the vicinity of Venom for a while now. A recurring character in 2012’s Venom: The Savage Six storyline, which starred Flash Thompson as the titular terror, he returned in 2015’s Carnage, a blood-soaked cross country road trip starring Marvel’s second symbiotic psychopath. With the end of Venom: Space Knight, the editorial team saw an exciting moment to bring Venom back down to earth. Literally. “There was an opportunity we saw, not only to put Venom back on Earth, but also to re-centralize him as a Spider-Man villain,” explained Devin Lewis.
>>
>>92823137
>As our exclusive artwork by Clayton Crain shows (click the image to see a larger version), the character roster for this miniseries is a deep dive into all things Venom. The epic image will actually make up five interlocking covers featuring venomized versions of beloved characters both new and old, from fresh additions like Laura Kinney’s All-New Wolverine to deep cut classics like the Venomsaurus Rex from Old Man Logan. Venomverse is throwing fans headfirst into a whole world of symbiote-suited superheroes, led by none other than Eddie Brock himself.

>>With a huge cast of characters and a figure as notorious as Venom smack bang in the middle, a lot of thought went into exactly who would be bonding with the infamous alien parasites. “Part of picking this cast was definitely thinking about who readers would be most excited to see,” said Cullen Bunn, “but another part of it–something that I’ve always found important–is how the Venom symbiote interacts with other hosts. What’s really exciting is that we get to see this with characters you’d never expect, like Black Panther, Mary Jane, and Old Man Logan.”

>>When your protagonist is an anti-hero with a powerset that makes him almost invincible, you have create some pretty atrocious antagonists. With the Poisons, Marvel has gone full dark, no stars. Devin Lewis explained that “the Poisons will present a unique challenge for these Venoms, who’re some of the strongest and most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe. They’re nature’s answer to the symbiotes.” A completely new addition to Marvel canon and based on character designs by Ed McGuinness, the Poisons are set to be an integral part of Venomverse, one that could have a potentially harrowing impact on the symbiote super team.
>>
Has Cullen Bunn ever written anything good?
>>
File: VENOMVERSE-Gwenpool-Design.jpg (476KB, 1000x714px) Image search: [Google]
VENOMVERSE-Gwenpool-Design.jpg
476KB, 1000x714px
>>92823159
>What can fans expect from Venomverse? “There are definitely some horrific moments in this series, not just the gross-out or the jump scare. I think there’s some real emotional horror aspects to this story. The threat they’re dealing with has some pretty strong horror chops,” elaborated Bunn. He’s no stranger to horror comics, with his popular Southern Gothic witch comic, Harrow County, and his new book, Regression. Bunn plans to return Eddie Brock to his horror roots whilst also exploring the sci-fi origin of the symbiote itself. “For me, just because we’re dealing with the symbiotes in general, there’s a heavy science fiction element to this story,” Bunn explained. “It’s heavily rooted in some sci-fi horror inspiration.”

>Though Venomverse will have its darker influences, the inclusion of characters like the Venom from Spider-Ham’s universe, Pork Grind, and everyone’s favorite wisecracking Merc With a Mouth, Deadpool, hint that the event will also be one that’s fun. It harkens back to the ’90s era of extreme comics, placing these classic characters on one wild ride. “Cullen has done an incredible job of lacing every script with fun, bombastic energy. Deadpool is one of our main venomized protagonists. He’s got so much heart and he’s also a source of unpredictability, insanity, and goofiness,” said Lewis.

>The story will put a number of unexpected characters into symbiote suits, including Guardians of the Galaxy’s very own Rocket Raccoon and the Spirit of Vengeance himself, Ghost Rider. “I think Ghost Rider is a great representation of where this series can go,” said Bunn. “I don’t know that anyone would ever expect to see Ghost Rider in a symbiote suit, so I think he’s the perfect example of how this series will go into some real unexpected territory.”
>>
>>92823186
Most of his stuff is on the verge between mediocre and good.
>>
File: VENOMVERSE_POISON-HULK.jpg (287KB, 2426x1630px) Image search: [Google]
VENOMVERSE_POISON-HULK.jpg
287KB, 2426x1630px
>>92823224
>The main Venomverse book is a complete story but there’s also Edge of Venomverse, which will see more of Marvel’s most famous characters getting venomized. With a roster of exciting creators including Si Spurrier, Tigh Walker, Clay McLeod Chapman, James Stokoe, and Ryan Key of Yellowcard, Edge of Venomverse tie-ins are bound to get fans pumped. Alongside the release of Venomverse #1, there’ll also be an anthology comic called Venomverse: War Stories, including a venomized Punisher issue written and drawn by Declan Shalvey.

>The creative team believes this is a story bigger than just Brock’s past. “Eddie’s not a hero, but he is the Venom that’s most needed at this moment. This story will show why he’s the best Venom that there is,” Bunn said. With an event book, it’s easy to imagine that it’ll all be about the action. But Devin Lewis assured us that Venomverse is so much more. “The story that Cullen’s managed to craft here is absolutely terrific. As much as it’s about the symbiotes and the Poisons, it’s also about identity and trust. Cullen’s managed to make this an epic story in scope and an intimate story in regards to character.”

>Venomverse #1 hits stores the first week of September, but you can pick up Edge of Venomverse #1 in your local comic shop on June 28th. It’s clear that for Bunn and Lewis, this is one of the most exciting books they’ve ever worked on. “To be involved in something so epic in scale, it’s an opportunity I wouldn’t have passed up in a million years,” Bunn said. Lewis implored that “Venomverse really is one of the most rewarding stories I’ve ever read as a Venom fan.”
>>92823186
Magneto. Sinestro.
>>
>>92823224
>Gwenompool
>>
File: VENOMVERSE-Black-Panther-Design.jpg (262KB, 900x1125px) Image search: [Google]
VENOMVERSE-Black-Panther-Design.jpg
262KB, 900x1125px
>>92823241
What I like about Bunn is that he has a Saturday Morning cartoon energy about him. Like, he loves the occult and demons and monsters.
>>
>>92823137
If everyone is Venom, no one is.
>>
File: VENOMVERSE-OML-Design.jpg (793KB, 1518x1125px) Image search: [Google]
VENOMVERSE-OML-Design.jpg
793KB, 1518x1125px
>>92823288
>>
>>92823224
>I don’t know that anyone would ever expect to see Ghost Rider in a symbiote suit
I have seen Ghost Rider as a Worthy and a chicano, this doesn't surprise me.
>>
>>92823254
>Magneto
As soon as Walta left the book, it was just kind of meandering until the very end.
>>
Sounds like shit but some limited potential-
>Cullen Bunn
no, actually shit.
>>
>>92823137
>Mania
>Earth X Venom
>Mayhem
>RYV MJ
>Agent Venom

I want this to not be shit, but I won't hold my breath.
>>
Oh boy I can't wait to see all of my favorite venoms die for shock value or off-screen villain wanking
>>
File: IMG_0204.jpg (95KB, 431x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0204.jpg
95KB, 431x640px
>>92823368
>>
>>92823137
I don't caaaaaaaaare
>>
>>92823137
>Though he may have been symbiote-less, Eddie Brock has been back in the vicinity of Venom for a while now. A recurring character in 2012’s Venom: The Savage Six storyline, which starred Flash Thompson as the titular terror, he returned in 2015’s Carnage, a blood-soaked cross country road trip starring Marvel’s second symbiotic psychopath. With the end of Venom: Space Knight, the editorial team saw an exciting moment to bring Venom back down to earth. Literally. “There was an opportunity we saw, not only to put Venom back on Earth, but also to re-centralize him as a Spider-Man villain,” explained Devin Lewis.

So they know what Eddie's been up to for the last few years. They just decided it would be better for him to be obsessed with the symbiote and lose faith in God.
>>
>>
>>92823690
Is an event an event if one book ties into it?
>>
>>92823716
Yes.
And two books in this case.
>>
I can't think of a greater sign of creative bankruptcy than the mashup/character-verse trend Marvel is pushing.
>>
>>92823844
I have a gut feeling Gwenverse is next.
>>
>Amalgam 2.0 but without inter-company crossovers
Meh.
>>
>>92823224
>I don’t know that anyone would ever expect to see Ghost Rider in a symbiote suit
Circle of Four you retard
>>
>>92823186
I fucking LOVED The Sixth Gun.
>>
>>92823186
Creator-owned, non-creator-owned indies, and supervillains are his forte.
>>
>>92823254
>Si Spurrier
Well then.
>>
>>92824286
read the rest of the sentence, you retard.

>...so I think HE’s the perfect example of how this series will go into some real unexpected territory.”
>>
>>92823254
>Si Spurrier, James Stokoe
Now we're talking.
>>
So Marvel are even ripping off themselves now? Shameless.
>>
>>92823716
Marvel's definition of event in regards to "No more events for 18 months" is a full line wide event
>>
Are there that many venom fans out there for this? I've seen his solo book go through at least 3 writers the last 2 years
>>
>>92823137
>no Anti-Venom
>but there is Mayhem
I'm conflicted.
>>
Hope Venom from the Spider-Mangaverse is in it, he was a cool guy.
>>
anyone else find it weird marvel has their own staple of exclusive writers but keep hiring cullen bunn, who isn't one, to do two of their big events this year?
>>
>>92823254
>This story will show why he’s the best Venom that there is
Fuck no. Eddie was boring, the Symbiote was the only thing that made him interesting.
Flash is still the best Venom, because I actually cared about Flash.
>>
>>92823186
Sinestro and Magneto were great. Xmen blue and uncanny also good.
>>
>>92824831
It's just that Cullen Bunn is the Mike Deodato of writers, when it comes to the speed of shitting out new scripts.
>>
>>92823137
>>92824709

Conflicted, too. No Anti-Venom, but there's King-Venom (or Venom-Pin or Pin-Venom), Poison, Ultimate Venom, and Madness Venom. Why the fuck Angelo-Venom is there, I have not a clue. I'm not sure who the Venom is with the blue skull is, though.
>>
>>92823137
Can they give Flash Thompson a new Symbiote that he can keep please?
>>
>>92823137
Wait, is that Mangaverse Venom in the back right? Never thought I'd see him again.
>>
>>92823186
I dug his Magneto run. And his Indie stuff tends to be decent.
>>
>>92823650
They said it in that last sentence. They wanted to make Venom a villain again. They tried with Lee, but everyone was clamoring for Brock, but they couldn't think of a way to justify Brock becoming a villain again so they just slid him right back to his old status quo.
>>
File: Venom_(Earth-2301)_002.jpg (1MB, 1480x1484px) Image search: [Google]
Venom_(Earth-2301)_002.jpg
1MB, 1480x1484px
>>92825178
Mangaverse Venom. In the Mangaverse, the Spiders were basically a clan of ninjas and the Symbiotes were a clan of evil samurai if I remember right.

It was actually pretty good all things considered.
>>
>>92824726
Look at the cover in the OP. He's there.
>>
And to think Marvel told Remender to kill off the symbiotes
>>
>>No Toxin
>>No Scorn
Then again, no Carnage
>>
>>92826153
I'm sure Carnage will at least get a mention. I'm wondering if this is supposed to be more specifically Venom focused rather than Symbiotes in general, so maybe the others will get ignored in favor of just a bunch of AU Venoms.
>>
File: 1481005779506.jpg (101KB, 593x452px) Image search: [Google]
1481005779506.jpg
101KB, 593x452px
>>92826153
>>
>>92826131
That was when they were in the Agent Venom mindset. Make every symbiote a gun toting, armor wearing, killing machine (Carnage, Hybrid, Toxin) and kill off everything else we don't need. Once they realized people only liked Agent Venom because Remender was writing it, seeing how Bunn's run tanked, no one liked Space Knight, and Carnage was selling remarkably well in comparison, they realized people actually liked symbiotes as they were and are trying to back pedal with bringing back Brock and Venomverse.
>>
>>92823137
>love to hate
What's this faggotry? I love him.
>>
>>92823224
this design is so stupid it works. I love it.

>>92823137
Venomized MJ is always hot.
Pity there isn't any Venomized Black Cat
>>
File: eddie brock toxin opinion.png (1MB, 932x1250px) Image search: [Google]
eddie brock toxin opinion.png
1MB, 932x1250px
>>92823186
I liked a lot of his Venom stuff (the stuff with Daimon Hellstrom wasn't great), and he's proved he can write a good Eddie Brock.
>>
Whatever happened to Andi and Scorn?
>>
>no more cripple tacticool soldier Venom
>no more Edgelord
>no more Klyntar bullshit
>Eddie is back

I feel so happy right now.
>>
File: 1455434347157.jpg (70KB, 322x343px) Image search: [Google]
1455434347157.jpg
70KB, 322x343px
>>92826679
You didn't look at OP's image at all, did you?
>>
>>92826131
>>92826225
I wonder if Hybrid, Mania and ther others will be brought back to life.
>>
>>92826630
Andi just showed up in Venom 150, but Scorn is still in limbo.
>>92826679
Did you look at the image at all? Both Flash and Lee are on there.
>>
>>92826679
>>Eddie is back
Why do people like Eddie? He fucking sucks, the Symbiote was literally the only thing that made him interesting.
>>
I don't know but my Idea of Venom and the symbiotes just make them too limited I guess.
Wolverine should not be able to keep a symbiote since his healing factor was able to even kill a Brood embryo.

Hulk should be deadly to one. Ghost Rider and other mystic beings shouldn't even be able to have one.

I guess that's why I'm not a writer
>>
why isn't this calle klyntarverse?
>>
>>92827254
Spoken like a true Flashfag.
>>
File: aeGpNa8.jpg (1MB, 3925x1207px) Image search: [Google]
aeGpNa8.jpg
1MB, 3925x1207px
I feel it's kind of redundant to have the same characters of Venom on their multiple times.
>>
>>92823137
>even more Eddie wank
>no return of VenomCarol
It's shit.
>>
>>92827350
multiverse anon
it ain't gonna explain shit

but yeah, it is and it's bothering me
>>
>>92827340
Still haven't answered my question. Eddie Brock is boring and his motivations are stupid. There's nothing compelling about him, no reason for me to care about him.
>>
>>92827254
I find it funny how people overinflate Brock Venom's worth when he's such a simplistic villain

>>Goes after Peter and his loved ones.
>>If plan fails, try again.

He doesn't do any grand schemes or complicated goals. He's just an asshole.
>>
>>92827408
I get it's Multiverse, but I felt that Spider-Verse got away with it because there were so many Spider-Men from across the Marvel landscape. This Venom one feels like they just take each character at every costume change. It's like making a Jean Grey-Verse and using 4 Jean Greys from her O5 debut to now.
>>
>>92827296
Ghost rider is mystic fire. If it bonds to the host when not in rider mode then it's not inconceivable the spirit recognizes it ad a part of its own host and doesn't hurt it
>>
>>92827421
And his reason for hating Peter is fucking retarded

>Be respected reporter investigating Sin-Eater
>A guy called Emil Gregg claims to be the Sin-Eater and you interview him
>You want to verify things first, but your bosses pressure you to publish it
>Turns out Emil was a crazy compulsive confessor that even fooled the cops, mostly because he dressed up like the Sin-Eater and tried to kill Jameson, can't really blame them
>Spider-Man catches and arrests the real Sin-Eater, who turns out to be Emil's neighbor
>Because this is a fictional universe and not the real world, Eddie Brock gets fired in disgrace
>Apparently only tabloids will hire him now, and his wife divorces him
>Eddie doesn't blame his bosses for firing him for stupid reasons
>Eddie doesn't blame Emil Gregg for giving him the bogus story in the first place
>Eddie doesn't blame Stanley Carter, the real Sin-Eater
>Eddie blames Spider-Man, the man who caught the real Sin-Eater, because according to him if he hadn't done it Stanley would have just stopped killing people and nobody would have ever discovered the truth (unlikley, Carter was insane and Dardevil was also on the case). Because of this he thinks that Spider-Man is EVIL.

And no, "he's crazy" doesn't justify this.
>>
>>92827411
I mean hey that's your opinion. There was an entire story time dedicated to his growth as a character, but that's on you if you even care enough to read.
>>
>>92827592
Venom wasn't ever supposed to be anything more than another Spidey villain, which is why it's lame. You could also argue how Flash is a simplified cliche of a bully and has no depth at all, but you'd be wrong as both characters had more than 2 stories and outgrew those traits.
>>
File: flash teaches kids.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
flash teaches kids.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>92827661
Thank you. Both characters have evolved so much since their initial appearances.
>>
>>92827325
Shut up Bendis.
>>
>>92827783
god how I hate they made him go in war AGAIN.
itì's bullshit.
>>
>>92827661
>>92827783
So how do you believe Eddie evolved as a character?
>>
>>92823224

>pants

ruined
>>
>>92828055
I'm gonna redirect you back to >>92827599 it's already out there. We can't just spoon feed you.
>>
How do you do Venom without spiderman? Isn't venom composed of 50% hateboner for spiderman (both from eddie hating parker for messing his life and the symbiote hating spidey for abandoning it/him/her), with the other 50% being b(?)romance between eddie and the symbiote?
>>
File: Eddie Brock redemption.jpg (192KB, 929x899px) Image search: [Google]
Eddie Brock redemption.jpg
192KB, 929x899px
>>92828055
Eddie finally stopped blaming others for his own problems
>>
>>92828152
That's why I think Sony's Spiderless Venom movie will suck.
>>
File: anti venom and spidey.jpg (549KB, 974x1492px) Image search: [Google]
anti venom and spidey.jpg
549KB, 974x1492px
>>92828152
The symbiote hates Spider-Man again, but Eddie himself hasn't hated Spider-Man since before One More Day
>>
>>92827350
>Venomized Spinnerette
Wait, what? When did that happen?
>>
>>92823159
>When your protagonist is an anti-hero with a powerset that makes him almost invincible
Let's not get carried away here. If you ignore his popularity power, Venom is not that strong in the grand scheme of things and he's certainly not invincible.
>>
File: clayton crain renew your vows.jpg (424KB, 843x1280px) Image search: [Google]
clayton crain renew your vows.jpg
424KB, 843x1280px
>>92828312
It's the upcoming arc for Renew your vows
>>
>>92827296
Wolverine's healing factor varies by universe so they just bring in one where his healing factor wasn't as strong or he bonded with the symbiote when he was young and his healing factor just accepts that it's there.
>>
>>92828381
Yeah, I thought so, but I was bemused at how they're including versions of characters from issues that haven't come out yet. Isn't that, like, a meta-spoiler?

There's even porn of her already!
>>
>>92827385
>no return of VenomCarol
>wanting more Carol anywhere
Anon, stop.
>>
File: renew your vows venom.jpg (209KB, 922x1400px) Image search: [Google]
renew your vows venom.jpg
209KB, 922x1400px
>>92828474
But by the time this is out, the renew your vows arc will already be done
>>
>>92823137
Holy hell, yesterday I was just thinking about how I'd love to see Cullen Bunn write an event with anti-heroes after I remembered last arc of his Sinestro.

Hell, I'd love to see him on a Venom book.
>>
>>92827325
Same reason it's not called Symbioteverse.
>>
>>92828538
I suppose that makes a warped kind of sense.

I'm just a bit narked that everyone already seems to know what the ending to this is gonna be, even though you'd think it'd be a pretty big twist.
>>
>>92827421

That is the same as Sabretooth, Black Manta, and Reverse Flash.

It's nice to have some villains who are just petty dickheads.
>>
>>92828767
Difference is that those guys know that they're evil petty dickheads, they just don't care. Eddie on the other hand deludes himself into thinking he's a good guy that protects the innocent and that Spider-Man isn't innocent because he dared catch a serial killer.
>>
File: l9ueg[1].jpg (93KB, 830x571px) Image search: [Google]
l9ueg[1].jpg
93KB, 830x571px
>>92827592
this is why TAS always had a better origin for Venom
>Pete and Brock both work in the bugle, bothe constantly compete with each other
>pete actively tried to sabbotage brock multiple times as Spider-man, wich gave him good reason to hate both
>loses literally everything after Spider-man outed him a fraud
>>
>>92827661
>Venom wasn't ever supposed to be anything more than another Spidey villain, which is why it's lame.

Nah. Reread Venom's initial appearances. Peter often just runs away and outright feared him. They were hyping Venom as a bigger deal than his existing rogue gallery from the start.
>>
>Bunn
>Good
Sure, he is """"""good"""""".
>>
>>92828088
She's not wearing pants. She has really pale skin. Look at her face.
>>
>>92827592
Wow, that's really how it happens?
>>
>>92830879
Yup, that's literally how it happens. Notice how all adaptations change Eddie's motivation for hating Spider-Man or just don't bring them up.
>>
>>92823137
>Earth X
>AKA best spider daughter of all time
>OF ALL TIME
Didn't think anything could get me interested in this.
>>
>>92827592
Later it turns out Emil Gregg really was sin eater in the carnage axis mini, so Brock was always right.

You also left out how him losing the one claim to fame he had invalidated him in his father's already poor view of him, and his wife left him because shit got too real for him.
>>92827661
He started that way, sure, but they tried to give him character development back during the san fran. They always ruin it though.
>>92828055
Normaly he stops blaming other for his problems, he questions his faith in god, figures out just how much of the murders were him and how much was the symbiote. Unfortunately people are stupid and only want Venom as THE BIG BAD SPIDERMAN BAD GUY and haven't read a shred of his appearances, or only know him from MVC and that one ultimate spidey game, like Mike Costa.

So we get an endless stream of idiots trying to reinvent the wheel to make thier version of Eddie and Venom the best, instead of building on what there was.
>>
>>92831343
>Later it turns out Emil Gregg really was sin eater in the carnage axis mini, so Brock was always right.
No, Emil Gregg became even crazier after getting possessed by a demon and took on the mantle of Sin-Eater. That doesn't mean he was the Sin-Eater at the time of Brock's reporting. He didn't kill Jean DeWolfe.
Stanley Carter was the Sin-Eater, this is an indisputable fact was just his crazy neighbour that confused Cater's ramblings with voices in his head.

And I left that out because it was irrelevant, it doesn't change the fact that Eddie was blaming the wrong guy when there's plenty of other people he could have blamed instead.
>>
>>92831645
>this is an indisputable fact, Emil Gregg was just his crazy neighbour that confused Cater's ramblings with voices in his head.
Fix'd
>>
>>92823159
So why is MJ included in this event???
At least Peter will be part???
>>
>>92831931
>So why is MJ included in this event???
Because RYV MJ is getting the Venom symbiote?
>>
File: mj venom.jpg (150KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mj venom.jpg
150KB, 768x1024px
>>92831931
Because of Renew your vows
>>
File: 100th_Ann_Spider-Man_1_Preview_2.jpg (812KB, 825x1253px) Image search: [Google]
100th_Ann_Spider-Man_1_Preview_2.jpg
812KB, 825x1253px
>>92827350
This is wrong. That isn't Kingpin-Venom (pic related is). In the promo image, its the second Ultimate Venom, Conrad Marcus.
>>
>>92832040
Then probably Peter and Annie May will be involved too, right? I mean I can not imagine the Peter of RYV just standing there while his wife is fighting a lot of symbiotes.
BTW Peter of RYV was involved on Spider-Verse???
>>
>>92823159
>When your protagonist is an anti-hero with a powerset that makes him almost invincible,

He's weak not only to sonics, but to fire, which is pretty common.
>>
>>92823137
Isn't this kind of a retread of the Planet of the Symbiotes storyline in the 90s?
>>
File: ultimate venom conrad.jpg (587KB, 1920x1035px) Image search: [Google]
ultimate venom conrad.jpg
587KB, 1920x1035px
>>92832107
The picture in the poster could be either of them, it has elbow spikes like the second ultimate Venom, but the head and hunch looks more similar to Kingpin Venom, and the head looks nothing like Ultimate Venom.
>>
>>92832107
Ultimate Venom 2 looks completely different though. Kingpin Venom has the same build, face, and some armor like in the banner.
>>
>>92827592
A lot of the villains with personal vendettas against Spider-Man don't make sense. I think another anon said this in some other thread but Harry blames Peter for killing his dad even though he knows his dad was a supervillain and that his father impaled himself. Norman blames Peter for Harry's death even though Harry died because of an overdose (this was pre-retcon). I don't know, man. Spider-Man villains are shitty. Even now, Black Cat blames Spidey for all that shit that Spock did and uses that as an excuse to become full supervillain.
>>
>>92832158
>BTW Peter of RYV was involved on Spider-Verse???
Yes. His first appearance was in Spider-verse.
>>
>>92828187
I loved Eddie being an anti-hero and being less shitty. I don't love what they've done in Venom #150. Shits all over his development.
>>
File: IMG_9514.jpg (273KB, 600x904px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9514.jpg
273KB, 600x904px
Might as well post the other pages we have.
>>
>>92832394
Really? I can not remember him there, it was in some of the spin-ofs or in the main story???
>>
File: IMG_9515.jpg (313KB, 600x904px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9515.jpg
313KB, 600x904px
>>92832562
>>
File: IMG_9516.jpg (254KB, 600x904px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9516.jpg
254KB, 600x904px
>>92832602
>>
>>92832584
One of the spin offs, it was a little short story where a normal looking Spider-Man and a black costume Spider-Man were trying to figure out the differences between them, but other than the costume they seemed the exact same, but when they swung away, you could see the black costume one wearing a wedding ring.
>>
File: IMG_9517.jpg (238KB, 600x904px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9517.jpg
238KB, 600x904px
>>92832632
>>
>>92832357
Most Spider-Man villains hate Spider-Man villains because they were committing crimes and Spider-Man repeatedly stopped them, and was an annoying prick about it to boot. Nothing else is needed to start a hero-villain feud.
>>
>>92832633
So RYV is the only one where Peter and MJ stay together and finally have a daughter???
>>
File: IMG_9518.jpg (190KB, 600x904px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9518.jpg
190KB, 600x904px
>>92832659
>>
>>92832632
>>92832659
>Wait a minute...you're not Flash Thom-OH FUCK
>>
File: IMG_9519.jpg (254KB, 600x904px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9519.jpg
254KB, 600x904px
>>92832699
The end. There's four more but there just young X23 escaping, no Venom.
>>
>>92832659
The greatest Venom of our time, clearly.
>>
>>92832698
No, there's the Spider-Girl universe as well, and Earth X.
>>
>>92832808
Then how we know from which of those is where this married Spidey comes???
>>
File: renew your vows mary jane venom.jpg (87KB, 922x1400px) Image search: [Google]
renew your vows mary jane venom.jpg
87KB, 922x1400px
>>92833033
...because it's specifically the Renew your vows MJ from the upcoming arc
>>
Magneto was genuinely good, I don't think they need another summer event though, just give him his own series.
>>
>>92825389

Ah, cool. Not a bad design, either way.
>>
File: IMG_0911.jpg (72KB, 508x522px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0911.jpg
72KB, 508x522px
>>92823137
>>92823159
>>92823224
>>92823254
>Seemingly heavy focus on Venomized characters
>No mention of actual symbiote characters (besides Eddie and Flash) like Mania, Mayhem, and Earth X Venom

Now Mania will probably be okay because her daddy Bunn will be writing this but still
>>
>>92834937
And yes I am aware that Mania, Mayhem, and Earth X Venom are on the poster.
>>
>>92833033
Because at the end of that story, it said "to learn more about this Spider-man, check out this summer's Amazing Spider-man: Renew Your Vows."
>>
>>92828260
>The symbiote hates Spider-Man again
God, that was so contrived.
>>
>>92823137
At least Bunn on it instead of Costa
>>
>>92835162
Ooooohhh, ok that's a perfect answer, thank you very much, has been mentioned the Spiderverse on some of the RYV issues??? I mean meet a lot of versions of you seems like something you could discuss with your lovely wife and cute daughter.
>>
>>92835164
>God, that was so contrived.
And made zero fucking sense. Especially when the symbiote can just read Brock's memories and see that the plan wasn't even Spider-Man's.
>>
>>92835839
It makes even lesss sense when the symbiote wants to fucking kill everything right after that. Hating Spider-man and acting like a child shouldn't make it want to murder for fun after hating murder and hating being with Mike cost-er I mean Lee Price for so long.

It gets on Eddie, and Eddie is like "why the fuck are you making me kill people, what the fuck did you do MY LOVE" and then it goes on like that until I have an aneurysm.
>>
>>92832731
And he disappeared in a puff of logic
>>
File: IMG_0058.jpg (157KB, 400x554px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0058.jpg
157KB, 400x554px
>>92826131
I'll never forgive him for killing off my symbiofu.
>>
>>92836254
Well, Donna is dead. But the symbiote might still be alive, just like when Brock tried to kill Hybrid, but the Hybrid-symbiotes survived.
>>
>>92832659
Friendship with Flash is over New best friend Brock
>>
>>92836013
>and then it goes on like that until I have an aneurysm.
Pretty much.
>>
>>92828260
>>92835164
>>92835839
What happened to make the symbiote hate Peter again? And in what issue?
>>
>>92837764
Venom #6.

Eddie comes up with a plan to have Spidey ask Venom to come back and bond with him, but as it leaves Lee to get with Spider-Man, it gets trapped by the authorities, as planned by Eddie and Spidey. It is then consumed by hatred of Spider-Man for some reason, even though this has happened before and Venom knew he tends to do this.
>>
>>92837936
Parker luck strikes again.
>>
>>92838033
Synonym for bad writing in this case?
>>
>>92835839
>And made zero fucking sense. Especially when the symbiote can just read Brock's memories and see that the plan wasn't even Spider-Man's.
But the symbiote also hated being with Lee, at the end of the day why would it be mad at Eddie, a host it enjoyed being with in the past, for forming a plan to be separating it from a host it absolutely hated?
>>92836013
>It makes even lesss sense when the symbiote wants to fucking kill everything right after that.
This is what ACTUALLY makes no sense about the story
>>
>>92838033
Peter's actions were completely warranted, though. He didn't know Lee was in control and just watched a symbiote imbued do fuck a helicopter up, causing a huge explosion and having "Venom" slug him in the face.

Just like in Spaceknight, the symbiote should have been 100% understanding and, after captured, should have stopped and explained the situation to Peter. Instead of throwing a temper tantrum and literally screaming "I HATE YOU!"

But I guess that's what happens when someone comes in contact with Lee Price's unbeatable magic army ranger abilities.
>>
>>92838187
>why would it be mad at Eddie, a host it enjoyed being with in the past, for forming a plan to be separating it from a host it absolutely hated?
Because it hates Spider-Man for tricking him with the plan, even though Eddie came up with the whole thing.
>>
>>92838187
>But the symbiote also hated being with Lee, at the end of the day why would it be mad at Eddie, a host it enjoyed being with in the past, for forming a plan to be separating it from a host it absolutely hated?

So then shouldn't it, you know, not hate Spider-Man? Since, after all, Spidey was just going along with Brock's plan to save the symbiote.
>>
>>92838364
>Because it hates Spider-Man for tricking him with the plan, even though Eddie came up with the whole thing.
It has always hated Spider-Man for rejecting it in the first place, and always rejecting it. It loved Eddie for embracing it.
>>92838665
Hates Spider-Man for rejecting it
>>
>>92838878
But it's already previously reconciled with Spider-Man.
>>
File: RCO006_1474520605.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO006_1474520605.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>92838878
>Hates Spider-Man for rejecting it
It doesn't even remember that. Its memory was wiped in Bendis' run, when it was "cleansed", remember?

It shouldn't even remember who Brock is, for that matter.

Even ignoring that, the symbiote and Peter made peace at the end of Spaceknight. You don't recall that happening?
>>
>>92838997
>Even ignoring that, the symbiote and Peter made peace at the end of Spaceknight. You don't recall that happening?
Honestly no, I couldn't be bothered to hold my lunch long enough to read that blashphemy so I guess I'm wrong but that's honestly fucking retarded like everything Spaceknight did
>>
>>92839081
>like everything Spaceknight did
I mean, don't get me wrong, Spaceknight wasn't the best thing ever... but that's a shit opinion. There was some good stuff in Spaceknight.
>>
>>92839128
>There was some good stuff in Spaceknight.
Like what? Like I said, I never fully read it. So tell me what good stuff it did in terms of continuing the symbiote story.
>>
>>92823186
He's alright.
>>
>>92839512
His Venom run was pretty good. Best recent Brock (and best version of Brock!Toxin).
>>
File: brock face.png (436KB, 561x461px) Image search: [Google]
brock face.png
436KB, 561x461px
>>92823137
>mfw we may be getting a Mania vs Mayhem catfight
>>
File: venom space knight symbiote.jpg (250KB, 1000x1508px) Image search: [Google]
venom space knight symbiote.jpg
250KB, 1000x1508px
>>92839436
It further developed Flash and the symbiotes relationship, and brought back Mania, not to mention actually developing the symbiote's character.
>>
>>92839743
Developed the symbiote through being brainwashed, it wasn't natural character growth. It was nice, but it was forced. Rage is what Venom is.
>>
>>92839850
And that was the entire point, it was regressing back into rage as Flash tried to desperately stop his friend from going back down a dark path.
>>
>>92823830
I thought an event had to be line wide, for example, over in DC, Monster Men and The Button weren't events, just crossovers.
>>
>>92840173
Events can be isolated to one title. They specify. This is not a line wide event, obviously. But it's still an event.
>>
File: mania_sup bitches.jpg (968KB, 823x875px) Image search: [Google]
mania_sup bitches.jpg
968KB, 823x875px
>>92823137
>Mania is on the poster
>Main writer of Venomverse is Cullen Bunn, Mania's creator
>Meaning she won't be killed off and will probably get a good amount of focus (because comic book writers love their OCs)

Hell yeah.
>>
File: spec-page-2_mayhem.jpg (341KB, 900x1365px) Image search: [Google]
spec-page-2_mayhem.jpg
341KB, 900x1365px
>>92823137
Mayhem should be buffer.
>>
>>92827592
I remember this all being brought up by Nova when Eddie made a guest appearance in his series, and all Eddie could do in response is more autistic screeching about how he's an evil liar like Spider-Man
>>
>>92823254
>Spurrier, Stokoe

I promised myself I wouldn't buy any Marvel books this year...
>>
Anyone else playing Spider-Man Unlimited? They've been doing a whole Venom-Verse styled storyline for the past few months now.
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.