[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Its a "pet peeve" of mine, but why the fuck does every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 3377337-4767422113-arkha.jpg (127KB, 800x300px) Image search: [Google]
3377337-4767422113-arkha.jpg
127KB, 800x300px
Its a "pet peeve" of mine, but why the fuck does every villain keep getting shoved into Arkham? I understand scarecrow, two face, mad hatter etc, but why arent people like Bane or Croc in normal high security prisons (blackgate for example)? Is there an actual reason why everyone gets shoved into Arkham, or is it just hack writers not using their head?
>>
In the comics, at least, Bane isn't usually in Arkham, or if he is it's only because Arkham is better equipped to handle someone of Bane's deadliness than Blackgate Prison. Croc, meanwhile, is often portrayed as a bit crazy in addition to being a mutant, plus, again, specialized equipment to handle him.

Penguin goes to Blackgate when he gets arrested. So does Catwoman, in the very rare occasions she's been hauled in.
>>
>>92816214
>or if he is it's only because Arkham is better equipped to handle someone of Bane's deadliness than Blackgate Prison.

follow up question would be, why is this the case then? No wonder nobody gets treated in arkham if their field of specialty is containing metahumans
>>
... They don't.

Blackgate was invented in the 80's specifically to correct this issue.

It was started back with Bill Finger in the 40's because most of Batman's enemies were serial killers.
>>
>>92816242
Arkham needs special meta-human containment equipment to treat mentally ill metas like Clayface. Wayne foundation probably shells out the cash and research nessesary to develop the stuff.
>>
>>92816173
How come it is soooooooo easy to bust out from Arkham if it's the most secure prison
>>
>>92819868
Where does arkham find employees to hire? I imagine after the 96th breakout pontential employees would say "fuck that" and look for work elsewhere
>>
>>92820120
People who really want to help treat exotic weirdos?
People who really want to beat, belittle, and abuse exotic weirdos?
Who knows, maybe the place has some subtle Lovecraftian draw that tingles the brains of those nearby, making it seem like a career path you just can't get away from...
>>
>>92820120
Why does anyone still chose to live in Gotham City at all?
>>
>>92820250
>People who really want to help treat exotic weirdos?
Worked out really well for Harleen Quinzel, didn't it?
>>
>>92820255
I doubt that many people move into Gotham in the first place and it can be hard to completely uproot your life and move to another city.
>>
>>92816173
in the course of upgrading itself to accommodate those guys it wound up being one of the places best equipped to handle other superhuman criminals in Gotham
>>
>>92820250
>getting paid for being allowed to bully Harley Quinn
Fuck the risks, sign me the fuck up.
>>
>>92820250
>maybe the place has some subtle Lovecraftian draw that tingles the brains of those nearby
I think this has been downright stated, actually.
A lot of times Arkham is portrayed as a demonic Lovecraft.
A Serious House specifically mentions that the house was built because of a curse.
>>
>>92816173
Depends on the media and writer.

In some universes, it seems like Arkham is all they have, there's not even prisions in Gotham.

In others, there's Blackgate prision, but only Arkham has the facilities to handle supers.

In the best written ones, sane criminals wind up in Blackgate, and the crazy ones go to the Asylum.
>>
File: penguinmeredith.png (407KB, 444x460px) Image search: [Google]
penguinmeredith.png
407KB, 444x460px
>>92816173
Well Penguin usually goes to Blackgate
>>
>>92822178
There was that whole hypercrisis mirrors thing, as well.
>>
Beware the Batman had the complete opposite situation, where everyone gets thrown in Blackgate, even legitimately insane criminals like Magpie, Lunkhead, and Humpty Dumpty.
>>
>>92816173
Bane is legitimately mad

And Killer Croc is definitely insane. How else would you describe an alligator that thinks he's a person?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.