[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TAS Joker wants to kill Batman Isn't that discarding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (54KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 800x600px
>TAS Joker wants to kill Batman

Isn't that discarding one of the biggest components of his character?
>>
No, Joker being gay for Batman is a recent thing that hack writers do because they think they're being "deep".
>>
>>92811939
This. I liked it better when Joker was just one of Batman's more distinctive and fun villains, and not this stupid "two sides of the same coin" bullshit.
>>
DCAU Joker doesn't just want to kill Batman, he wants to kill Batman in a way that's funny. So funny that even Batman himself has to laugh before he dies. Which, incidentally, is the Joker's second biggest goal: make Batman laugh.
>>
>>92811974
He made Terry laugh, does that count?
>>
Nobody likes a joke that doesn't end.
>>
>>92812016
Only because he was so pathetic.

I wish we had more savage Terry. That scene was god-tier.
>>
>>92811974
In the villains team up episode in Justice League, Luthor kept Batman alive after capturing him while Joker insisted on killing him immediately
>>
>>92811871
the Joker from Endgame wanted to kill batman so
>>
>>92812117
I think he was saying that in jest. Or, rather, he was serious about it because he knew how dangerous it was to leave Bats alive, but he knew Luthor wouldn't listen.
>>
>>92811871
No, both the comic and cartoon Joker talk about how Batman is their only worthy opponent, and so sometimes spare him or say they don't want to kill him in an "unfunny" way, but they still will get legit mad when he escapes their death traps, and sometimes just straight up try to shoot or stab him. Because the Joker is insane, and even if he weren't, he'd still be a hypocritical asshole. They're also alike in about every other way that matters.

I know, I know, /co/mblr, but this is actually a really good breakdown, and thorough.
jester-of-genocide.tumblr.com/FOTDCAUJ
>>
>>92811974
This isn't even true. He would have just shot Batman dead in Mad Love. Joker hates Batman's guts. he'll take any opportunity to kill him. Ideally he would love to make Batman laugh and die in a grand finale, but he's practical about it.

>>92812016
Joker getting rekt'd by some punk kid was a fitting end for him.
>>
>>92812319
>gets rekt by a punk kid twice
Pottery
>>
>>92811871
If your knowledge of Joker's character boils down to his modern depictions, yes.
But there was a time when Joker wasn't defined by his homolust for Batman. When Joker was a character who cared about other things like money and glory and his own life.

You know, back when Joker was allowed to be fun and interesting and human and to be a part of a lovable cast of rogues, rather than a moronic edgelord subsisting on shock value who is treated as if he is the only Batman villain.
>>
>>92812319
Well, that's another thing about the Joker: he's a liar. I mean, that really is the driving point of Mad Love. Not only does he repeatedly lie about his backstory to manipulate Harley, but, as you mention, he slaps her around for the mere suggestion that he "just shoot" Batman, but is perfectly willing to do it when he finds him chained up. He's a liar and a hypocrite, even to himself.
>>
File: IMG_2902.jpg (153KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2902.jpg
153KB, 1334x750px
>>92812050

Wrap up the thread, lads. We are done here.
>>
>>92812016
>He made Terry laugh, does that count?

Not to the Joker. As far as he's concerned, the one, true Batman is Bruce.
>>
File: 1469017547174.png (322KB, 471x579px) Image search: [Google]
1469017547174.png
322KB, 471x579px
>>
>>92811871

iirc there was a TAS episode where some guy supposedly killed batman and joker got mad. Was that because "I wanted to kill him" or "we were destined to be together forever"
>>
>>92811871
Man, Morrison really ruined Batman.
>>
>>92812712
Can someone please explain this meme to me ?
Where the fuck did it come from ?
>>
>>92812796
The former
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ryHyDFCCD8

>>92813754
People used to make threads with a picture of Gordon with the OP post saying "why doesn't Batman just kill the Joker?"

As memes tend to do, it morphed into a bunch of variations, with one of them being "why doesn't Batman just rape the Joker?" People thought it was funny and it became more popular than the original version.
>>
>>92811939
Yeah, blame Miller and Snyder for that.
>>
>>92811939
>FPBP
>>
>>92813754
Enjoy
>>
>>92811871
The joker was different then. Although I do prefer a joker that doesnt actually want to kill batman, as long as its done in a way that compliments the character instead of just being there as a deep circlejerk. Very few people agree with me but I can never stop thinking about the Joker in A serious house on serious earth. He does nothing but make jokes in the entire novel yet he manages to be creepier than 99% of his appearances. The novel is completely in character for him as this chaotic, unpredictable clown that definitely looks like he belongs into Arkham
>>
>>92812016
>YOU'RE NOT BATMAN
>REEEEEEEEEEEE
I don't think so.
>>
File: sahwit.png (7KB, 190x140px) Image search: [Google]
sahwit.png
7KB, 190x140px
>>92815048
>"Without Batman, crime has no punchline."

God I love that episode.
>>
>>92815421
miller?
>>
>>92817105
Dark Knight Returns started the whole "my dearest" fad
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.