[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Never gotten into DC before >hears about Rebirth and apparently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: DC-Rebirth-Artwork.jpg (446KB, 2500x1250px) Image search: [Google]
DC-Rebirth-Artwork.jpg
446KB, 2500x1250px
>Never gotten into DC before
>hears about Rebirth and apparently people enjoying it.
>"Hey this would be a great jumping on point"
>28 books in, and I haven't even gotten into "Vol. 2" yet

Have I made a horrible mistake?
>>
What the fuck are you talking about?

You realize you don't have to read every single comic DC is putting out?
>>
>>92811524
>>92811524
Hess right you know. The rebirth titles aren't connected beyond the general feeling of getting back to a character's roots. Read what you want to and leave the rest. The only thing that connects to rebirth is "The Button" crossover that just ended
>>
>>92811524
>Have I made a horrible mistake?
Yes. You are reading like a retard.

Do you read Marvel this way, too? You have to read ALL BOOKS at once?
>>
>28 books in, and I haven't even gotten into "Vol. 2" yet
Wait, how the fuck are you reading the comics?
>>
>>92812339
>The only thing that connects to rebirth is "The Button" crossover that just ended

Well, if you want to get technical. quite a few things spawned from Rebirth, you also have the wally west story, so "Titans" and depending on the upcoming Manhattan/Superman story is, And then of course, depending on how the "Mr. Oz" storyline goes, that connects different stories all together.

Then of course, you know that might go
>All Bat-family ties-ins

which is like what? 40% of the comics?

>>92812786
I assume trades
>>
>>92811524
Dude, I have been /a/ my whole life and now I'm just taking DC in the best moment since Rebirth and I am enjoying it.
>>
>>92814089

I haven't read ANY Batbooks other than glancing at some of the story-times here. I looked at Red Hood because of all the talk here and liked the one story time I actually read so I added that but will probably trade wait for it.

OP would have to read the Button >>92812339 AND should be reading the Superman books about Non-Powered Clark, and I'd also read Multiplicity. There's no reason not to read Tomasi and Gleason's run - I'm actually re-reading it because I just got the two trades.

I agree you need to read Titans, which I've been piling up.
>>
The only Rebirth titles I'm still reading:
Superman
Action Comics
New Super-Man
Supersons
The Flash

(I tried Superwoman and Supergirl. SG is boring. SW is boring and a mess. Both dropped.)

I grew up during the Superman Triangle Number era, so I love getting a new Superman every Wednesday again. Haven't been this happy about Superman since the digital first Smallville and Adventures of Superman Weeklies.

>>92814089
Batman, Tec and Nightwing crossed over for a month.
Action and Superman crossed over for a month.
Batman and Flash crossed over for a month.
The Titans and Deathstroke mags crossed over for a month.

The only big "event" miniseries in the first year of Rebirth was Justice League vs Suicide Squad, which could easily be read without out checking out either of the JL or SS tie ins. Honestly, it was closest we've had to a good Justice League comic all year, so it's easily forgiven. (Hitch didn't write the miniseries, so it was actually fun. Not good, but summer movie fun.)

All things considered, the crossovers have been pretty minimal for an entire year of publishing. It's closer to how Valiant has handled crossovers than Marvel. That's a good thing.

Everything is relatively self contained in their own titles. Even the Superman books are mostly self contained, with Action focusing on Lois and the Superman/Lex dynamic. Meanwhile, Superman is most focused on the relationship between Clark and Jonathan and the family adventures.

If can remember when the Fantastic Four was around and was nothing but a rollicking family adventure every month, that's what Superman is right now. Love it.
>>
>>92812786
i read them by trades. which is the proper way to read comics.
>>92811524
>rebirth thread
well now i have to give my rankings

>great tier
deathstroke vol 1
superman vol 1
batman vol 2
red hood and the outlaws vol 1

>perfectly readable
wonder woman vol 1-2
batman vol 1

>not really worth reading
justice league vol 1

ive basically just been reading what you guys suggest so if anyone else has any suggestions for rebirth let me know.
>>
>>92816024
Both Green Lantern titles (Green Lanterns and Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps) are great reads
>>
>>92816024
New Super-Man. Read that pronto.
>>
>>92811524
Are you actually reading the DC Rebirth Omnibus?
>>
>>92816024
books live and die on single issues sales
>>
>>92815569
>Adventures of Superman

Those were great Digital Firsts!

They really need to do more of that. Shame they just did that Legends of Tomorrow book and never did more.

>>92816024

I would also highly recommend reading New Super-Man as well. I'm not sure if the first trade is out yet - although it really should be since the Superwoman trade was available when I stopped to pick things up, because I was looking for that myself.

I also second Green Lanterns - I read a few of the story times here and think it looks interesting.

Why no Flash or Titans? And if you are reading Superman, I'd pick up the second volume of Action (Back to the Planet) if you are going to skip out on Path of Doom.
>>
>>92816092
>>92816115
ill add them to the list
>>92816240
>why no flash or titans
ive been meaning to get to flash. titans i dont really have an interest in but if enough people recommend it ill check it out.
>action comics
people say it's good, it's just that superman doesnt really doesnt sell me. the only reason i read superman vol 1 is cause so many people praised it. ill check out action comics.
>>
>>92811706
>You realize you don't have to read every single comic DC is putting out?
If he's Marvel guy, I don't think he knows that.
>>
>>92811524
What are you talking about? There is no "volume 2" in comics. This isn't manga.
>>
>>92811524
You mean you bought the first trades of 28 Rebirth series? Are there even that many?
>>
>>92817042
trades man
>>92817079
im not him but what i do is go into barnes and noble and read one in like 40 minutes and put it back like a douchebag.
i only buy the ones i really like though.
>>
>>92817079
Yeah, there is. I think the only one not out is Batman Beyond?
>>
>>92816186
I'll never buy another floppy.
Trades and digital is all I buy now.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.