[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you agree with the consensus that Spongebob Seasons 1-3 are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0992.jpg (110KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0992.jpg
110KB, 500x500px
Do you agree with the consensus that Spongebob Seasons 1-3 are good and everything after the first movie was bad?
>>
I don't particularly care for seasons 1-3 either, so no.
>>
There are some good post movie episodes, but I'd be willing to give them up for a reality where Spongebob ended after the film.
>>
A select few season 4 episodes were very good. One of my favorite episodes is Fear of a Krabby Patty.
>>
>>92808107
No, I think there are some pretty good episodes in season 4 and 5. Krusty Towers, Where's Gary, Wishing You Well, Roller Cowards, Spy Buddies, etc.
>>
>>92808107
>those scrapped season 2 and 3 covers
why did they have to change them and make them more bland?
>>
>>92810482
The bottom row is the original season covers when they released the sets back in the mid 00's. The top row is the reissued covers that came out recently. You can tell by the Nickelodeon logo used.
>>
File: straticus.png (13KB, 166x124px) Image search: [Google]
straticus.png
13KB, 166x124px
>>92808107
> new seasons got one of the good chaps back and is apprently not as bad
there =(might)= be hope in the future.
>>
>>92808107
No.
But everything after season 5 and before season 9 is mostly garbage.
>>
>>92808107
1-3 are timeless classics

movie is a pretty good way to end the series, like it was intended, very funny, spongebob and patrick dynamic at its best

4 is a hit or miss

5-9 is absolute trash, with only very few decent episodes

early 10 is regular to decent

second movie is a flawed but enjoyable movie

late 10, the episodes with Hillenburg and non shit writers are very enjoyable, with good jokes and features a new animation style that fits the series better
>>
Second Movie was pretty good if you asked me, actually capable of making me laugh unlike most of modern spongebob
>>
Seasons 1-3 and 1st movie is canonical
Everything else is non canonical
Too many contradictions and canon breaking in non canonical episodes
>>
>>92811387
>early 10
>late 10
you mean early 9 and late 9
>>
>>92808250
/thread
>>
>>92812598
I haven't watched the new episodes that Hillenburg worked on. How's the animation different?
>>
>>92808107

It really should have ended with the movie, but I guess if it still made money there really wasn't a point to quit.
>>
>>92814027

Actually I take that back: Season 10 isn't terrible?
>>
>>92811387
Wait Hillenburg returned to Spongebob? When did that happen?
>>
>>92810552
no, the reissued ones in the OP's image aren't the same as the actual ones released for season 2 and 3. for season 2 they only have spongebob, patrick, and plankton and for season 3 they have a big photo of a closeup of spongebob's face with googly eyes. they're significantly worse
>>
The latest season has been very good actually

It's a shame Hillenburg is probably going to die soon
>>
>>92812491
You mean that Sponge Out of Water shit? I rented it after hearing that it was a return to form for Spongebob and fuck no it isn't. There's no comedic timing like the original 3 seasons. It's just RANDOM THING RANDOM THING RANDOM THING happening in rapid succession and it's a complete waste of time. Easily worse than anything pre-season 4.
>>
>>92814250
>>
>>92812598
Does Spongebob even follow a canon
>>
File: IMG_20170530_121937.jpg (19KB, 207x229px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170530_121937.jpg
19KB, 207x229px
>>92808107
no. the second movie was great
>>
>>92808107
The movie already felt off to me even when the trailers were coming out. So I'd say it kind of ended there.
>>
>>92808107
Nah there are some good episodes in the later seasons but the overall quality of the show drastically dropped.
Season 11 is actually really good so far though.
>>
>>92822296
which episodes in the new season would you recommend? this thread has me intrigued to check it out.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>92822606
You have to go into the most recent episodes without expecting season 1-3. I caught one a while back where Plankton fights Gary. It obviously wasn't as witty as the early seasons, but it was fun enough to keep me entertaining.
>>
>>92808216
That's right. This cartoon is SHIT and fuck /co/ for liking it.
>>
>>92822296
>Season 11 is actually really good so far though.
Something about Life Insurance gave me vibes of The Camping Episode.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.