[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'M YOUR BOOGIE MAN I'M YOUR BOOGIE MAN TURN ME ON

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

File: WTCHMN002-018.jpg (2MB, 1680x2627px) Image search: [Google]
WTCHMN002-018.jpg
2MB, 1680x2627px
I'M YOUR BOOGIE MAN I'M YOUR BOOGIE MAN
TURN ME ON
I'M YOUR BOOGIE MAN I'M YOUR BOOGIE MAN
I'LL WILL DO WHAT YOU WANT

TUDUDU DUDUDUDU TUDUDU DUDUDUDU
>>
I loved that scene in the movie,hell I think the movie is underrated, Zack Snyder doesnt deserve half the flak he gets
>>
>>92806249
this.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE AMERICAN DREAM?

It CAME TRUE. YOU'RE LOOKIN AT IT.
>>
>>92806249
I hate his films, but the direction usually isn't the reason why. Snyder may be all style-over-substance, but that's why he needs to be paired with oversight and solid writing.

Fucking Goyer is the real enemy.
>>
>>92806308
The directors cut had some good parts like where Hollis fought the top knot gang and where Dan beats up that top knot guy.
>>
>>92806249
He definitely doesn't deserve half the daughter's he had.
>>
>>92806249
>just loved it for the way the art was angled and the edge lord story
>had no respect for the 9-panel structure that made the whole series work

He is a rube.
>>
>>92806365
someone needs to ban him or something.
>>
Sucker punch was one of the worst films I've ever seen. Like I have no idea how the fuck you could make a film that looked that nice, had such great music, and those hot girls, and make it so fucking shitty
>>
File: andnotasinglefuckwasgiven.jpg (30KB, 445x350px) Image search: [Google]
andnotasinglefuckwasgiven.jpg
30KB, 445x350px
>>92806249
Agreed. Snyder isnt a hack when he actually has to stick within a well-defined story instead of gets to write his own or pick a writer to do so.
300 and Watchmen were some great movies.

but to be fair, that HALLELUJAH moment was still trashy and cringe-worthy. Dah fuck was the point of making it so painful to watch?

Unpopular opinion time: Watchmen the Movie was better than Watchmen the Comic. The idea that Dr Manhattan takes the fall wraps up the story WAY BETTER than fucking fake space-squid with psychic powers. Cause introducing a psychic attack that somehow terrifies the whole damned world into compliance is totally a deus ex machina, its just not a very convenient one. While the movie version made Dr Manhattan taking the fall seem tragic, like a noble Shakespearean character.
come at me bro, I dont care. book ending sucked and you all know it.
>>
>>92806537
No, it doesn't.
The comic is better and you know it.
I had this argument since the movie came out. You are wrong, i am right, come clear with it.
>>
>>92806537
Yea I think the main reason why the book went the way it did at the end was to cause you to have to go back through it so Moore could make a statement about how you really were the blue cuck of the story
>>
HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND
>>
>>92806715
Fuck no. you are wrong. The movie ending was well crafted, the comic ending was just bs that Moore felt nostalgic for. I mean for fuck's sake up until that point you only get one or two panels that even HINT that 'psychic powers' are a thing in this universe that could move nations if it were tapped.
instead its all dumped on us at the last moment, some magic psychic squid terrorizes the whole world into working together to prepare to fight off another such attack. what bullshit for an otherwise very serious and well crafted story.
I feel like that ending only happened in the comics that way because Moore wrote himself into a corner and decided to just wrap it up before it became a permanent ongoing rather than a one-story run.
>>
>>92806537
I like the movie but then Manhattan attack is worse than Alien even though it looks a lot better, plainly because Manhattan left soon afterwards so why would the US and USSR still have a peace treaty when they know Manhattan is away plus they know they can't do anything to him but with the Aliens you have a tangible threat.
>>
>>92806912
>why would the US and USSR still have a peace treaty when they know Manhattan
...but they dont know. Thats explicitly stated.

Also, your qualms are unanswered in both the comic and the movie because Moore couldnt be arsed to come up with a reasonable conclusion to a 2nd chapter of the cold war where russia and US stand down forever instead of for the next decade until some leader or ambassador pisses one of them off again.
>>
>>92806368
That's literally the worst part of the movie because of how hard it misses the point.
>>
>>92807096
wrong, HALLELUJAH is the worst moment.
>>
>>92807096
which part?
>>
>>92806249

Youre right. He deserves MORE.

Fucking grimdark nihilism bullshit
>>
>>92806249
The movie is a resounding "OK", but Snyder makes crap movies.
>>
>>92806537
>300 is a great movie
>Snyder isn't a hack
>Fucking Watchmen movie is better than the comic because of one aspect of the ending
>"not a single fuck was given"

This is bait right? Like, no one can be this tasteless and stupid?
>>
File: 1385581619445.jpg (98KB, 799x499px) Image search: [Google]
1385581619445.jpg
98KB, 799x499px
Snyder ruined Watchmen and you'd have to be fucking retarded not to see that.

And no, I'm not sperging about the squid. Snyder doesn't understand the core of what Watchmen is.

He is a fanboy who made a movie for fanboys, but Watchmen was never supposed to be that.
>>
>>92806433
I agree with you that Watchmen was designed for the comic book medium. I don't agree with the fanboy argument that Watchmen is unadaptable.

One of Watchmen's strengths was that it could make visual comparisons between two separate panels, or overlay text from another situation to parallel them. Although the means are different, a similar effect can be achieved in film. See anything with a hip hop montage.
>>92806537
>300 and Watchmen are good
>"a single fuck" mid-2000s reation image
>dah fuck
Fucking stop.

Your argument is that all that Watchmen achieved is nullified because of a slight change to the ending.

Whether it's Manhattan or a Squid didn't fucking matter. It was incidental. Yeah, sure, you could argue that one "makes more sense" or that the other has greater symbolic weight, but the fact is that it didn't fucking matter. What mattered was the moral conundrum that the intentional destruction of New York represented. You missed the fucking forest for the trees and are now trying to argue that one valley is better than another because a birch is better than a oak. You fucking idiot.

>Manhattan taking the fall is tragic

It WOULD be tragic if Manhattan had the intention to return to earth and was therefore losing something. Or if Laurie was unaware of what happened and Dr. was forever lowering himself in the eyes of the woman he loved. Neither of that happened.

Manhattan gave zero fucks what happened on Earth ("The world's smartest termite"), or what random New York peasants thought of him. Even after Laurie changed his mind, he viewed life as an amusing curiosity ("I might make some of my own"). There was no tragic sacrifice because nothing was on the line.

You're so fucking stupid because you understood neither of the works you're comparing, fuck.
>>
File: 4t3tb4.png (89KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
4t3tb4.png
89KB, 800x450px
>>92806854
>two panels

Except that's not fucking true. There are numerous references to the occult throughout the series.

>occult symbolism
>references to sensitive individuals
>the missing artists, scientists, and psychics
>etc.

>>92809138
God, this.
>>
>>92806537
>but to be fair, that HALLELUJAH moment was still trashy and cringe-worthy. Dah fuck was the point of making it so painful to watch?

I don't think it's meant to be taking seriously anon.
>>
>>92809265
>He is a fanboy who made a movie for fanboys, but Watchmen was never supposed to be that.
oh god more people who want to suck Moore's dick. It was a deconstruction of dozens of cape-comic tropes. It was a very well done story even if the ending seems to fall on its face with deus ex squid solving all problems perfectly.

But it was not some transcendental piece of fiction that will move nations or sweep people up in pseudoreligious fervor for it.
>>
File: 1406990625379.jpg (117KB, 684x626px) Image search: [Google]
1406990625379.jpg
117KB, 684x626px
>>92809732
>taking seriously

If it was a joke, it failed. If it was serious, it failed. Either way, Zack the Hach needs to get away from my comic book.
>>
File: 1417839266461.jpg (69KB, 600x354px) Image search: [Google]
1417839266461.jpg
69KB, 600x354px
>>92809751
>suck Moore's dick
No, I want to buy him a nice seafood dinner, and then text him later saying I had a lovely time.

>it was not some trascendental
Well, I doubt anything is.

However, you're fucking stupid if you don't think it wasn't a masterpiece that ushered in the Iron Age of comic books, pushed the limits of what the medium was capable of, is a work of art, that it has attracted tremendous critical praise, or that it has garnered academic study.

For fuck's sake, I took a course on comic books for my breadth requirement last semester, and you know what the final fucking essay was on?

Pic related.
>>
>>92809872
>i did it thirty five minutes ago
so fucking good.

the whole ending of snyder's watchmen fell totally flat.
>>
Type the lyrics correctly. Fucking faggot
>>
>>92810148
I didn't mind the actor who played Adrian, but he just seemed too feminine or lean to be Adrian.

When I think of Adrian, I think of a Jonas Venture-type. Tall, built, and square jawed.

As much as I hate the movie, Jackie Earle Haley exceeded expectations. Even Patrick Wilson as Daniel was exceptional casting.
>>
>>92806365
Fucking this
>>
>>92810285
those are the lyrics!
>>
>>92809751
>deus ex squid solving all problems perfectly.
No it doesn't, it just shows humanity uniting after a tragedy and history shows that never lasts.
>>
>>92809872
as a question, how exactly did a course on comic books end with a discussion of that panel?

sure it's great in terms of story, but there's not much to talk about in terms of using the visual medium to it's fullest potential, it's just a guy standing there
>>
>>92809872
>>92809872
>Watchmen
>a masterpiece
This is what normies and hipsters who hate capes believe.
>>
>>92814468
This. Which is why the squid/Manhattan argument is incidental and doesn't matter.
>>92815923
>visual
I agree.

I meant that the options at the end of the year if you chose to write about Watchmen related to what happened in the end in terms of narrative, not the visuals of that specific panel.

>my essay was on whether the ending was neutral or if Moore framed Rorschach or Adrian as being right
>the other option for the end of year was David Boring
>which is awesome and you should read it

>>92816037
It was one of Time Magazine's top 100 best novels. It impacted comics in every dimension. For fucks sake, the lettering choices in this comic has a legacy.

So yeah, masterpiece is a good word.

>also I don't hate capes at all
>and people still complain about hipsters?
>is this fucking 2008?
>>
>Be it early morn, late afternoon
>Or at midnight, it's never too soon
>>
>>92806200
I actually thought the opening credits sequence was quite well done. For a non-Watchmen fan, I found the movie quite entertaining for what it was.
>>
>>92806537

The reason for that is that he wanted to make the sex scene brief, but then Warner Bros demanded that he put a long, saucy sex scene into the movie, so his response was to make it as ridiculous as possible, including the Hallelujah song. I guess he was hoping that they decide to remove it, but it didn't happen.
>>
>>92806249
He deserves more.
>>
>>92806249
Snyder did an awful job handling Watchmen. He somehow copied the story beat by beat and STILL missed the point.
>>
>>92806537
>but to be fair, that HALLELUJAH moment was still trashy and cringe-worthy. Dah fuck was the point of making it so painful to watch?
it was awkward, embarrassing, and painful in the book too. It's true to life in that way. ED and weird kinks are not sexy, romantic, cool, or suave; they are cringe-worthy, but that's just part of life for some people.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.